PDA

View Full Version : It's global warming I tell ya!!

handcrafted
6/6/2006, 06:56 AM
Game over man! Game over!!!

Record high temperatures in June. It was 105 in Altus yesterday. How are the polar ice caps gonna survive this one?

:les: THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

Newbomb Turk
6/6/2006, 07:05 AM
Good thing the polar ice caps aren't in Altus.

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:22 AM
It was 57 here when I left to go to work this morning. Last week it was mid 70's when I left to go to work.

We had a high of 97 one day last week, this week it isn't even supposed to break 90.

I still say Global Warming is crap and that the planet is actually getting colder.

;)

OUinFLA
6/6/2006, 09:39 AM
agree
if you look at one day/week instances, Id almost be convenced we are entering a cooling off period. It has been in the hi 60's at night here in mid Florida.

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe somewhere along the line the calenders got mixed up and it is actually fall right now. We had pretty warm weather here for most of the winter (we had times when it was in the 80's in December), and now we're dropping into the 50s at night...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/6/2006, 10:27 AM
Whatever happened to ACID RAIN? it gave us something additional to worry about back during the GLOBAL COOLING period, and before GLOBAL WARMING. It didn't just QUIT, did it?

nanimonai
6/6/2006, 10:33 AM
Whatever happened to ACID RAIN? it gave us something to worry about before GLOBAL WARMING. it didn't just QUIT, did it?

Or the 20,000 acres of rain forest that were being slashed and burned EVERY MINUTE since about 1975.....

Hamhock
6/6/2006, 10:36 AM
Did anyone have a prof at OU that made you read a book called Ecosanity? I was cleaning out some stuff and came across it last week.

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 10:41 AM
Whatever happened to ACID RAIN?
It's on the Tomorrow EP:

Silverchair
Acid Rain
(Tomorrow single)

Falls down slowly
Seeps into the ground
Easy as flow of water
Won't stop until your brain is bound
Seeps into your little green eyes
Til it meets your brain
Runnin' through all of your brain cells
Til it drives you insane

Acid...Acid Rain
Acid...Acid Rain
Falls down slowly
Seeps into your mind
Falls down slowly

Seeps into your little green eyes
Til it meets your brain
Runnin' through all of your brain cells,
Til it drives you insane,

Acid...Acid Rain,
Acid...Acid Rain,
Falls down slowly,
Seeps into your mind,
Falls down slowly,

Acid...Acid Rain,
Acid...Acid Rain,
Acid...Acid Rain,
Acid...Acid Rain,
Falls down slowly,
Seeps into your mind,
Falls down slowly.

GottaHavePride
6/6/2006, 11:00 AM
I still say Global Warming is crap and that the planet is actually getting colder.

;)

I disagree - I haven't had to wear a coat during the winter for two years now. ;)

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 11:02 AM
I disagree - I haven't had to wear a coat during the winter for two years now. ;)
I take this one back and stand by my latter statement that the calender got messed up somewhere...

Maybe somewhere along the line the calenders got mixed up and it is actually fall right now. We had pretty warm weather here for most of the winter (we had times when it was in the 80's in December), and now we're dropping into the 50s at night...

Flagstaffsooner
6/6/2006, 11:19 AM
Record high here yesterday. Went out and bought an a/c this morning.

Ike
6/6/2006, 11:30 AM
Whatever happened to ACID RAIN? it gave us something additional to worry about back during the GLOBAL COOLING period, and before GLOBAL WARMING. It didn't just QUIT, did it?

for the most part, acid rain in the US has been wiped out. It was a real problem in the midwest in the 80's, but really isn't anymore.

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2006, 11:32 AM

The EPA forced REDUCTIONS of SULFUR DIOXIDE emissions by POWER PLANTS which has led to higher average PH VALUES of the RAIN.

OhU1
6/6/2006, 11:32 AM
In the 80's the libs had a campaign to convince you not to eat McDonald's hamburgers because the Brazilan rain forests were being cleared for grazing land for cows for McDonalds. Apparently no other demand for beef drove the Brazilians to clear land - only evil McDonalds!

By the same token Wal-Mart has single handedly destroyed the Union movement in America and put "Mom and Pop" out to pasture.

Gee, makes me feel like that 1970's roadside Indian who sheds a tear after he sees a motorist throw a candy bar wrapper out the window.

mrowl
6/6/2006, 11:38 AM
In the 80's the libs had a campaign to convince you not to eat McDonald's hamburgers because the Brazilan rain forests were being cleared for grazing land for cows for McDonalds. Apparently no other demand for beef drove the Brazilians to clear land - only evil McDonalds!

hopefully you don't eat there to avoid being a fat ***.

OhU1
6/6/2006, 11:48 AM
hopefully you don't eat there to avoid being a fat ***.

I forgot that one mrowl - McDonalds is also responsible for the obesity epidemic in America. Super size me! :twinkies:

TUSooner
6/6/2006, 12:34 PM
I dont know about the globe, but it's frikkin 78 degrees in my OFFICE and that is pi$$in me off big time!

6/6/2006, 02:24 PM
I dont know about the globe, but it's frikkin 78 degrees in my OFFICE and that is pi$$in me off big time!So, is 78 too hot or too cold?

Penguin
6/6/2006, 02:35 PM
78 is way too hot, dude.

As long as I can afford my electric bill, my thermostat stays on 70.

TUSooner
6/6/2006, 03:10 PM
So, is 78 too hot or too cold?
Way too hot. Unless they let us work in our skivvies.

For aficionadoes of the centigrade scale, it's 25 degrees. That's also too hot.

walkoffsooner
6/6/2006, 03:26 PM
100 degrees on my porch 3:25 pm hot dog

TUSooner
6/6/2006, 03:41 PM
Just heard that the AC "chiller" is not working. No kiddiing ? :rolleyes: But they should have it fixed by 0700 tomorrow. yay

6/6/2006, 03:47 PM
We're jumpin' for joy here in PHX today. The cold front has come through, and we'll get to just 106F today.