PDA

View Full Version : Things I Saw on My Weekend in Norman...

Mjcpr
6/5/2006, 07:20 PM
1) A friggin' black panther. The aniamal kind, not the hate whitey kind. At least that's what we thought it was.....Dean, you hillbillies have panthers and **** out there? :eek: Anyway, Friday night we were driving south on Harrah between I-40 and Hwy 9, a little closer to I-40. There is a turnoff to the east where they apparently recently dug the ditch out really deep and then put in some new sod. Anyway, it was sitting right on that corner when we went by...Mrs Mj saw it too and it was big, black and had cat eyes. We turned around and went back but it was gone by then. Creepy.

2) The Jimmie Austin OU Golf Course. Per Harry's instructions, this is where we played on Saturday. Nice course and I shot a 98 which for me is pretty good, especially on a course I'd never seen before. We had the Nate Erdmann cart. :D

3) Padthai. I had the Oyster Sauce Stir Fry which was very good; Mrs Mj had their signature dish Pad thai something something. Meh....I didn't like that one as well and she didn't really like it at all. Also, I hope no more than half a dozen or so Normanites ever get a hankering for Thai food at the same time because that is one small restaurant.

4) The OU Summer Camp. Had a nephew attend so we were there to watch and hang out. Pretty interesting. He's only 14 so he got the volunteer(?) high school coaches for his drills and the big boys got the Sooner coaches so no interesting coach stories except that Coach Gundy drives a pretty new maroon F-150.

That's about it, I guess. :)

GDC
6/5/2006, 07:30 PM
I'm here in the Sooner Hotel for two weeks, but the classes I'm taking are jamming me so I'm not getting out much.:(

Mjcpr
6/5/2006, 07:33 PM
I guess I missed the Sooner Hotel. :D

ultimatesooner1
6/5/2006, 08:09 PM
I'm here in the Sooner Hotel for two weeks, but the classes I'm taking are jamming me so I'm not getting out much.:(

I thought you were going to sleep on Dean's porch

GDC
6/5/2006, 08:25 PM
I thought you were going to sleep on Dean's porch

More likely under it. :D

yermom
6/5/2006, 09:30 PM
Oyster Sauce? wtf is that?

if you aren't ordering the P-1 you aren't ordering right :P

actually, i like the Panang Curry there too, but i've had better elsewhere, i think

Jimminy Crimson
6/5/2006, 09:49 PM

It's something that they put in your food at asian restaurants.

Just tastes like chinese food. :twinkies:

GottaHavePride
6/5/2006, 09:51 PM

actually, i like the Panang Curry there too, but i've had better elsewhere, i think

Spicy Stir Fry. Best thing on the menu.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 08:38 AM

I don't know, I was a little afraid of it when I ordered but it was pretty good.

It's something that they put in your food at asian restaurants.

Just tastes like chinese food. :twinkies:

Maybe that's why. :D

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 08:39 AM

Which....the Oyster sauce one or the Panang Curry one?

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 09:12 AM
Mrs Mj says, after researching online, that technically there is no such thing as a "black panther".

So thanks for all of your help with this. :mad:

;)

ultimatesooner1
6/6/2006, 09:18 AM
I saw a mountain lion a couple of months ago when i was coming back from Hulbert

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:26 AM
5) Natalee Holloway

D***IT, first I get the wrong country, now I've got the wrong thread...:rolleyes:

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 09:27 AM
Mrs Mj says, after researching online, that technically there is no such thing as a "black panther".

So thanks for all of your help with this. :mad:

;)

I bet it was big foot. You probably had a bad angle. Next time, keep your camera with you.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 09:28 AM
I bet it was big foot. You probably had a bad angle. Next time, keep your camera with you.

I never heard a *sploosh sploosh sploosh* so I don't think so.

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 09:29 AM
I keep hearing all these stories from people who swear by gawd they've seen panthers/lions in these parts. While I'm the kind of guy who lives by the credo "I ain't gonna say it ain't so just cause I've never seen it," I'm pretty dang skeptical about this one. I spend a LOT of time in the woods, and I've seen some pretty good sized bobcats that other people have called lions, but I've never seen hide, hair, scat, track or any other sign of lion in OK. And the only "eye witnesses" that I've talked to are pretty much the same folks who've seen little green men and Sasquatch.

Southeast/eastern OK? Maybe. Central? Doubtful.

Fugue
6/6/2006, 09:51 AM
I felt the same way about big cat sightings until I saw one in southeast Ks and had the sheriff confirm it. Two deer go flying across a field followed by a big cat. First reaction, that's a BIG ole bobcat chasin' dem deer. Wait a minute, that cat has a long azz tail. Sure enough, sheriff, as he fished uninvited on wife's family's private property :mad:, said one had been in the area. I guess they follow rivers out of CO. A big male was found dead near the OK/KS border last year.
Having said that, most people aren't seeing mlions or panthers. Probably Pat included. :texan:

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 09:57 AM
Having said that, most people aren't seeing mlions or panthers. Probably Pat included. :texan:

And Mrs Mj, don't forget her.

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 10:02 AM

How could we?

OU4LIFE
6/6/2006, 10:08 AM
this might be the first instance where someone actually took my advice.

Partial Qualifier
6/6/2006, 10:11 AM
1)

2) We had the Nate Erdmann cart. :D

The Mookie Blaylock cart brings good luck. YWIA

Fugue
6/6/2006, 10:12 AM

and Mrs. Pat too. :D

I do know that some jacka5s down by Grand Lake let a pet panther get out of it's cage/enclosure and roam the lake for a few months. Or maybe it was a chupacabra(sp?).

SoonerBorn68
6/6/2006, 10:29 AM
I keep hearing all these stories from people who swear by gawd they've seen panthers/lions in these parts. While I'm the kind of guy who lives by the credo "I ain't gonna say it ain't so just cause I've never seen it," I'm pretty dang skeptical about this one. I spend a LOT of time in the woods, and I've seen some pretty good sized bobcats that other people have called lions, but I've never seen hide, hair, scat, track or any other sign of lion in OK. And the only "eye witnesses" that I've talked to are pretty much the same folks who've seen little green men and Sasquatch.

Heh, add me to your list of "eye witnesses" then. A few years ago Mrs. '68, '68 Jr., & the '68ettes were headed back home after a 4th of July show & down on Adkin Hills Road ('round the bend where all the trees are) we saw what we thought was a panther. It was walking down the side of the road & when we passed it both Mrs. '68 & me did a double take, looked at each other & asked if we had really seen what we thought we saw. We turned the car around & went back, hit the brights & watched it disappear into the trees. Now, our first thought is was that it was a mountain lion/panther/puma....but it had a bigger head, gold eyes...and it was black. We've decided that it was a black leopard. We went to the zoo not too long after & saw one...& it was a dead ringer. I'm guessing that one of those exotic cat owners decided it was easier to let it go down by my house than to deal with it. :mad:

http://www.greatcatadventures.com/assets/images/black_leopard-ext.v202.jpg

NormanPride
6/6/2006, 10:35 AM
I had no idea there was a Mrs. Mj. My mind has been blown.

Fugue
6/6/2006, 10:37 AM
I had no idea there was a Mrs. Mj. My mind has been blown.

no shat, who'da thought? :D

I keed, I keed.

Pieces Hit
6/6/2006, 10:40 AM
I saw a black panther cross the road back in '81.
Truly I did.

frankensooner
6/6/2006, 10:52 AM
About 15 years ago, I was driving to Lawton and saw a big old yellow panther run across the highway in front of me. This was about 10 miles north of Elgin. I have never seen a green man or bigfoot.

NormanPride
6/6/2006, 11:06 AM
We could capture all these panthers and make cologne. We'd make billions.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 11:14 AM
The only reason I turned around and went back is because I wanted to pet it.

GDC
6/6/2006, 01:43 PM
We could capture all these panthers and make cologne. We'd make billions.

heh

I can personally confirm mountain lions around Tahlequah and Stilwell. One of the damndest things I ever saw personally was a lion chasing down a pronghorn in New Mexico.

mdklatt
6/6/2006, 02:00 PM
I had no idea there was a Mrs. Mj.

Hell, she's got over 22,000 posts.

dolemitesooner
6/6/2006, 02:07 PM

METH WILL MAKE YOU SEE ALOT OF **** DOWN THERE

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 02:13 PM
The Mookie Blaylock cart brings good luck. YWIA

Which reminds me, Mookie's wife is from my hometown. At least I think he married her. I know that they dated.

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 02:21 PM
If you're in Central OK, and you see a lion/panther, you're either:

-on crack
-on hallucinogenics
-at the zoo
-maybe, just maybe somebody's pet lion excaped

I won't dispute lions in the SE/E OK mountains. I won't dispute sightings of anything in the SE/E OK mountains.

frankensooner
6/6/2006, 02:22 PM
I saw a bobcat the other day at 164th and Western and about a month ago I saw a coyote at 150th and Western. I even have a witness to verifiy the bobcat, my eleven year old daughter! ;) And still I have yet to see a skunk ape.

frankensooner
6/6/2006, 02:24 PM
I won't dispute lions in the SE/E OK mountains. I won't dispute sightings of anything in the SE/E OK mountains.
What about SW OK just north of Elgin?

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 02:26 PM
What about SW OK just north of Elgin?

Nope, can't you read? SE/E Oklahoma only.

Sorry.

frankensooner
6/6/2006, 02:43 PM
Nope, can't you read? SE/E Oklahoma only.

Sorry.

Oh, well, I guess someone's pet lion escaped. When are you going on vacation Pat?

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 02:48 PM
I bought a tractor in Elgin. From a guy who looked like he might raise a few illegal pets. But I ain't never seen a lion down there - although there is some desolate/mountainous country down there and a cat might have made it's way - but until I see it, or a picture of it, or a credible eye-witness account from somebody who doesn't call themself frankenbooger.....I ain't buyin' it.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 02:49 PM
I bought a tractor in Elgin. From a guy who looked like he might raise a few illegal pets. But I ain't never seen a lion down there - although there is some desolate/mountainous country down there and a cat might have made it's way - but until I see it, or a picture of it, or a credible eye-witness account from somebody who doesn't call themself frankenbooger.....I ain't buyin' it.

I don't call myself frankenbooger.

:D

GDC
6/8/2006, 06:58 PM

I think you're right, I'm enjoying some right now.:)

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 08:44 AM
I think you're right, I'm enjoying some right now.:)

Some what?

frankensooner
6/9/2006, 08:52 AM
Some what?
frankenboogers?

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 08:53 AM
frankenboogers?
I liked Count Snotula too!

proud gonzo
5/12/2011, 09:41 PM
The last couple times I ordered it, it tasted different. It was still good, of course, but it didn't taste like it did at the old padthai.