PDA

View Full Version : Big Love Season Finale

mrowl
6/5/2006, 06:44 PM
REALLY enjoyed it. A show that got better and better as the season went on. Now we have to wait until January.

(I would pull up the old thread, but searching doesn't work half the time anymore)

LilSooner
6/5/2006, 08:13 PM
I love Big love. Best show this season.

SoonerAtKU
6/6/2006, 01:10 AM
Can someone do me a solid and tell me what Nicki said at the very end of the episode in Barb's room? I love my wife, but she asks me questions at the worst possible moments.

Okla-homey
6/6/2006, 05:05 AM
Can someone do me a solid and tell me what Nicki said at the very end of the episode in Barb's room? I love my wife, but she asks me questions at the worst possible moments.

I believe it was "It's okay boss lady" or something really close. I'm certain it involved use of the words "boss lady."

BTW, Nikki sure freaked out when she got home after hearing they'd been outed.

BTW.2, I learned this week that Jeanne Tripplehorn (Barb) was born and raised here in Tulsa and went to OU..

BIOGRAPHY
Launching her performing career in her native Tulsa, Jeanne Tripplehorn spent several years as a local radio and TV host. Educated at both the University of Oklahoma and Julliard, Tripplehorn was first seen on a nationwide basis in 1991 in a supporting role in the made-for-TV movie The Perfect Tribute, a fictionalized retelling of the events leading up to Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

Many of Tripplehorn's film characterizations have ranged from mildly eccentric to deeply disturbed, thanks in great part to her breakthrough appearance as Michael Douglas' "rough sex" partner in the erotic chiller Basic Instinct (1992). She got a chance to play normal -- albeit frazzled -- as Hugh Grant's fiance in the romantic comedy Mickey Blue Eyes (1999); in 2000, she returned to rougher territory as a lesbian gangster in Mike Figgis' experimental ensemble film Time Code 2000.

mrowl
6/6/2006, 06:08 AM
that episode was based on a real event...

Polygamous Mom Slips Out Back Door of Ceremony

STEPHEN HUNT THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE The Salt Lake Tribune

COPYRIGHT 1999, THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

As Gov. Mike Leavitt and his wife Jacalyn honored 24 Utah women as "great examples and symbols of motherhood," another nominee quietly slipped out the back door of the Governor's Mansion because her polygamous past had become known by ceremony organizers.

Shauna Lynne Darger -- nominated by her son for the award -- arrived for Saturday's ceremony along with two dozen of "Utah's Remarkable Mothers" from around the state.

But the Riverton mother of 10 never stepped up to accept her tribute.

Informed that Darger had been a polygamist, ceremony organizers confronted her. Darger acknowledged having a past polygamous relationship, then left the mansion with three grown children who had accompanied her, said the governor's spokesperson, Vicki Varela.

"I'm declining the award," Darger told a Salt Lake Tribune reporter, refusing comment about whether she currently is in a polygamous relationship.

Darger was one of four wives of Joseph Lynn Darger, of Herriman, until he died in 1995.

yermom
6/6/2006, 08:47 AM
I believe it was "It's okay boss lady" or something really close. I'm certain it involved use of the words "boss lady."

BTW, Nikki sure freaked out when she got home after hearing they'd been outed.

BTW.2, I learned this week that Jeanne Tripplehorn (Barb) was born and raised here in Tulsa and went to OU..

they left out Waterworld :P

i thought this was better than the Sopranos finale :O

Joey's wife was poisoning their dad? man they set that up to be Roman so bad in the first episode

skycat
6/6/2006, 09:28 AM
i thought this was better than the Sopranos finale :O

I'm with you. In fact while The Sopranos is still a good show, there are several shows on HBO that I like better.

One of them starts next week ****suckers!

soonerbrat
6/6/2006, 10:42 AM
ENTOURAGE!!

ultimatesooner1
6/6/2006, 11:02 AM
sunday

can't wait

mrowl
6/6/2006, 11:04 AM
I REALLY wish entourage was in HD, but HBO has some sort of weird policy for 30 minutes shows, NO HD.

mrowl
6/6/2006, 05:10 PM
I REALLY wish entourage was in HD, but HBO has some sort of weird policy for 30 minutes shows, NO HD.

Wrong you idiot! Entourage WILL BE IN HD THIS SEASON!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

skycat
6/6/2006, 05:53 PM
I was fishing for Deadwood talk.

******* ****suckers.