PDA

View Full Version : sea doo accident

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:34 PM
Just got back from one. If you buy one of these take some time with your kids they don't have brakes.:(

yermom
6/5/2006, 04:35 PM
were they wearing their seatbelts?

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:38 PM
No but they had on lifejacket's

Boomer.....
6/5/2006, 04:38 PM
helmets?

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:39 PM
helmets?

No but it would have helped they hit a dock.

yermom
6/5/2006, 04:40 PM
ow

colleyvillesooner
6/5/2006, 04:40 PM
Are they ok?

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:44 PM
:) Broke arm on one.Broke nose on other possible orbit bone fracture around eye.But yea they will live to ride another day.:)

colleyvillesooner
6/5/2006, 04:45 PM
:) Broke arm on one.Broke nose on other possible orbit bone fracture around eye.But yea they will live to ride something else cause I'm selling that thing.:)

Fixed.

Glad they're alive.

olevetonahill
6/5/2006, 04:47 PM
Dayum , Get well quick kids .
But then kids heal pretty fast anyway

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:49 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm a medic on ambulance.Not my kid's.

colleyvillesooner
6/5/2006, 04:50 PM

Ahhhhh, ok.

Still glad they made it.

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 04:51 PM

Well, you've got to have some other good gory stories then?

:D

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 05:06 PM
yea,15 years worth just when you think you have seen everything someone comes up with a new way hurting themselves.

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 05:07 PM
anything involving beer, a f'n hillbilly, and a 2x4 ?

yermom
6/5/2006, 05:09 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesD/duggan_hacksaw.jpg

all he needs is the beer :D

Boarder
6/5/2006, 05:23 PM
My two year old has a picture book with all sorts of transportation type pictures. He's like, "What's that?" on all the stuff. Concrete truck, tractor (he knew that one), submarine, space shuttle, etc. When he got to one of them, he asked what it was. I said, "That's a lake roach. Can you say 'lake roach'?"

Ake Woach

Very good!

Glad the kids are somewhat ok, btw. Whoever's kids they are.

Jimminy Crimson
6/5/2006, 09:31 PM
If you don't have a drivers license, you don't need to be driving...

Anything.

GottaHavePride
6/5/2006, 09:55 PM
Sea Don't!

StoopTroup
6/5/2006, 09:59 PM
Skiing is much safer IMO...:D

http://usedsportboats.com/sea_doo_houston_sport_boats_sale_seadoo_service/2004_seadoo_challenger_x_houston_2.jpg

oumartin
6/5/2006, 11:31 PM
oh really, an emt.. or paramedic. so you know all about priapism

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/6/2006, 06:48 AM

Anything.golf cart?

Boarder
6/6/2006, 10:15 AM
Nice Foam...errrrr...wake.

ultimatesooner1
6/6/2006, 12:23 PM
I worked at a marina in the summers while I was going to OU. we averaged 1 wreck a week every single summer on our rentals. People always got pi$$ed when they found out their $100 sea doo rental was going to cost them $1500

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 12:34 PM
You know, if only responsible, accountable, intelligent, and mature people rode jet skis there'd only be like 3 of them in the whole world. All in my garage.

For whatever reason, there's something about throwing your leg over one of these things that immediately shuts off all synapses between the section of your brain/body that is dictated by common sense. I like to call them the tequila of the motorized world. You do **** on tequila you'd never do otherwise. Same goes for jet skis. Hate em'.

yermom
6/6/2006, 12:36 PM
how is that different than a car :P

Boarder
6/6/2006, 12:37 PM
You know, if only responsible, accountable, intelligent, and mature people rode jet skis there'd only be like 3 of them in the whole world. All in my garage.

For whatever reason, there's something about throwing your leg over one of these things that immediately shuts off all synapses between the section of your brain/body that is dictated by common sense. I like to call them the tequila of the motorized world. You do **** on tequila you'd never do otherwise. Same goes for jet skis. Hate em'.

What, Mrs Dean can ride three of them at one time? Who are the other two for?

And, I'm telling Norm you are talking about throwing leg.

Boarder
6/6/2006, 12:37 PM
how is that different than a Mustang? :P

It's not. Same thing.

bri
6/6/2006, 12:46 PM
Skiing is much safer IMO...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Jaws2_poster.jpg

sooner n houston
6/6/2006, 12:53 PM
Well, while we're on this subject, anyone in the market for a 1984 25' cuddy cabin Formula with a 260 HP Chevy engine? Only $16K. Amazingly clean. One could literally eat off the engine compartment. Cause we now want a fish/ski boat and jet skis don't ya know! :D

mdklatt
6/6/2006, 02:07 PM
golf cart?

You should see the crazy bitchasses driving around on Jimmie Austin. I am absolutely amazed that I haven't seen somebody drive into the creek that crosses the 12th hole. Yet.

mdklatt
6/6/2006, 02:15 PM

At least Oklahoma finally passed a boater education law.

Fun boating safety fact: Nearly half of all men who drown after falling off a boat are found with their fly open.

LoyalFan
6/7/2006, 02:49 AM
Draft of a new law soon to be (hopefully) included in the Texas Parks and Wildlife regs:

Any person possessing a Texas Fishing and Hunting Super Combo License may, while lawfully engaged in fishing for Largemouth Bass (Micropterus Salmoides), Smallmouth Bass (Micropterus Dolomieu) or subspecies thereof, may shoot, with any rifle firing a centerfire cartridge of .22 caliber or above OR a shotgun of at least 20 gauge, firing shot no smaller that 00 Buck, one Jetskier (Lousius Lagunas) or one Waterskier (Zigzaggus Obnoxiosus) or the driver of the towing vessel, per week.
Upon a successful kill, said sportsman must append a tag (provided with license) to the toe of the deceased stating date/time/location of kill. The carcass may then be left to be disposed of by friends/family of the deceased or hungry turtles. Gutting is optional but is allowed if it "makes the shooter's day".
Shooter must be in a "Bass Boat" (see: Link) when exercising this right. Bank fishermen are not permitted to harvest the above species.
http://gregclarkscountrysidemarine.com/strokeronline.jpg
Well, we bassers can dream, can't we?

LF

soonerjoker
6/7/2006, 09:27 AM
sea doos are a bunch of fun.. i've had a couple (not together) &
loved taking to lake. (mostly lake worth)

young kids should NOT be allowed to ride them, as the driver. you have
to be very careful & use good judgement !!!!! most kids won't do that.
they need to be schooled in safety. main things are;
1; always look both ways (behind you) before making a turn.
2; remember, they won't turn if you shut off the throttle.

(this blurb is poorly written, but maybe you get the points)

also, to some who would like to ban them, they are just a "little bitty
boat". you must ban all boats or none.

educating the riders is the most important thing.