PDA

View Full Version : Pickup Truck ****** *******s

etouffee
6/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Is there really any difference (other than cosmetic) between Chevy and GMC trucks? GMC promotes itself as "professional grade" these days, and two GMC truck owners I've asked insist that GMC trucks are built with higher quality parts to make them more durable. However, a guy I know who sells Chevy trucks says there is absolutely no difference in quality, only cosmetic.

What's the story?

Hamhock
6/5/2006, 02:55 PM
Why do you hate the icebergs?

yermom
6/5/2006, 02:56 PM
GMC is more expensive, isn't it?

i thought they were a bit more plush or something

etouffee
6/5/2006, 02:57 PM
Why do you hate the icebergs?I don't. I have lots of Jewish friends.

C&CDean
6/5/2006, 02:58 PM
They're identical. Except for a few cosmetic differences.

yermom
6/5/2006, 03:01 PM
hmm... Edmunds doesn't seem to list any differences with the models i was comparing

BeetDigger
6/5/2006, 03:05 PM
hmm... Edmunds doesn't seem to list any differences with the models i was comparing

GMC uses higher end blush and mascara. Figures Dean would know about cosmetics. :texan:

Boarder
6/5/2006, 05:31 PM
Different front end grille, hood, bumper, headlights, etc. Usually, the lowest model GMC comes with the second level Chevrolet seats and interior. Different emblems. Different aluminum wheels. Different center caps on the steel wheels.

Absolutely no difference in the engines, frame, suspension, etc. That professional grade stuff is just advertising junk.

GMC does offer the Denali package, which comes with a higher horsepower engine and some other stuff.

In the 99-03 (I think models) the best deal was the seats. The GMC came with a 40/20/40 that had a fold down center console in a velour type fabric. The Chevrolet had the same seat in a tweed, except the center didn't fold down. Many a person bought a Chevy without trying to fold down the center console, only to be a bit upset a few days later when they tried. I used to sell a otn of the aftermarket center seats that folded down. Back then, a base GMC was about $500 more.

StoopTroup
6/5/2006, 06:24 PM
GMC uses less Japanese Steel than Chevy.

49r
6/5/2006, 07:08 PM
I owned a GMC once

finster
6/5/2006, 07:20 PM
Like SoonerBoarder said,No diff. in the truck stuff.Better looking front end.(too me).

OUDoc
6/5/2006, 08:16 PM
Also heard there was more sound deadening material, etc. Minor stuff to make it a little more upscale. Pretty much the same.

BajaOklahoma
6/5/2006, 08:20 PM
F150 or F250. :D