PDA

View Full Version : Any insurance adjusters out there?

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 11:26 AM
Im considering signing on as a catastrophe adjuster. Just curious if anyone on here currently works as one.

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 11:32 AM
I signed on as one didn't go.Buddy of mine did been Florida last 3 years can get you his number if interested.

Vaevictis
6/5/2006, 11:35 AM
That sounds like a job that's good for the soul... mmm, human misery is so refreshing for the spirit.

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 12:02 PM
I signed on as one didn't go.Buddy of mine did been Florida last 3 years can get you his number if interested.

Didnt end up going? You dont like money? :)

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 12:11 PM
Be prepared to be called:

a chicken****
a mother ****er
a ****head
a :chicken:sucker
a bastard
a son of a bitch
a banchoon
and a myriad of other things.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2006, 12:12 PM
jk-nip.

yermom
6/5/2006, 12:15 PM
99.98% of all insurance adjusters are bad

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised that some were not killed after the Katrina debacle. The f'n hillbillies were up in arms, literally.

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 01:28 PM
Didnt end up going? You dont like money? :)
yea I like money but had a decent job I was going to have to quit.He was not employed and we didn't know how long it would last? He has done better in hind sight I should of went.

Hamhock
6/5/2006, 01:30 PM
Be prepared to be called:

a chicken****
a mother ****er
a ****head
a :chicken:sucker
a bastard
a son of a bitch
a banchoon
and a myriad of other things.

Could you please provide the phonetical spelling? I've never heard this particular derision. Maybe it's 'cause I'm not an insurance adjuster??

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 01:33 PM
Dont know why people hate adjusters....especially in catastrophes. Most are independants that move on the request of the insurance companies. Adjusters make more money based on the damage. More damage, more money in their pockets. They have no reason to be anything but truthful.

I know it is different for people that work for companies...they are paid to keep the damage assessment minimal.

yermom
6/5/2006, 01:34 PM
Dont know why people hate adjusters....especially in catastrophes. Most are independants that move on the request of the insurance companies. Adjusters make more money based on the damage. More damage, more money in their pockets. They have no reason to be anything but truthful.

how is this possible? are you not working for the insurance company?

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 01:49 PM
how is this possible? are you not working for the insurance company?

exactly. They companies tell you that there are 40 claims in a given area. You go in and assess damage. File your report, collect your check. No contact with the insurance companies. Like I said, the more damage, the bigger the check.

85Sooner
6/5/2006, 02:18 PM
CHeck with GAB my BIL worked for them before moving up in another country.
He is very good at what he does. He has OU OSU all the univ in texas plus alot of very big clients. He started with GAB and they seemed a good place to start.

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 02:18 PM
Could you please provide the phonetical spelling? I've never heard this particular derision. Maybe it's 'cause I'm not an insurance adjuster??

Banchoon - just like it reads.

It's Indian for "sister fu**er"

Hamhock
6/5/2006, 02:30 PM
Banchoon - just like it reads.

It's Indian for "sister fu**er"

and my wife doesn't understand why i spend so much time on here....The SO is like a gold mine of useful information.

Tear Down This Wall
6/5/2006, 04:20 PM
Seattle,

Cat adjusters usually don't have to monkey with deciding who gets money. There are inside adjusters at the insurance companies who take the loss reports from the field adjusters and determine whether the policy is triggered.

RacerX
6/5/2006, 04:30 PM
FIL has "great" stories about Hurricane Andrew.

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 04:31 PM
I think my buddy works for Lindsey Morton they contract claims from insurance companys.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2006, 07:11 PM
my sister is actually moving to florida this week to work for Pilot CAT for 2 years....both her and her husband

she worked for them last year, go to their website and you can apply

insurance companies want to pay what they owe, because its cheaper to settle a claim they owe rather than have to defend their actions in court......if they think there is a coverage issue, they'll milk it till its resolved

you can make some coin doing that, but you'll work 7 days a week

RacerX
6/5/2006, 09:21 PM
What else is he going to do?

He's out of benches.