PDA

View Full Version : I'm white can I be offended by mascot names

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 08:00 AM
I can't think of any that really bother me. Longhorns maybe but thats not a race thing.

SoonersEnFuego
6/5/2006, 08:07 AM
If you're a man, nothing should offend you.

That's my motto.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2006, 08:12 AM
I can't think of any that really bother me. Longhorns maybe but thats not a race thing.

the "fighting irish" should offend passive people of irish descent

i'd suggest protesting, but they are just too damn passive to do anything about it

Hatfield
6/5/2006, 08:18 AM
The Pawkipsy Cracker arse crackers mascot offends me.*

*not really it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Octavian
6/5/2006, 08:19 AM
I'd like to see Ronald McDonald and The King fight to the death.

Jimminy Crimson
6/5/2006, 08:20 AM
Anyone with 'bulldog' or a depiction of a bulldog offends me and my dog, because although he is not a bulldog, he is a dog, but not a bull.

We will see you in court.

:texan:

jacru
6/5/2006, 09:29 AM
If you can be classified as: white, christian, or conservative, you are not allowed to be offended. In fact, it is generally encouraged for offense to be directed toward you.
Just an observation.

bri
6/5/2006, 09:30 AM
If you can be classified as: white, christian, or conservative, you are not allowed to be offended. In fact, it is generally encouraged for offense to be directed toward you.
Just an observation.

Can someone sum this up for me? I got lost between the "boo" and the "hoo".

Cack
6/5/2006, 09:34 AM
well i'm offended by everything that is said about "sticking it to the man" ... which is directed to the white man ... actually nah no i'm not ... i just want to be the man ... and rich

Hatfield
6/5/2006, 09:35 AM
boo+hoo = wah

with the only caveat being that he is actually pretty correct.

SelmaBamaFan
6/5/2006, 09:37 AM
Can someone sum this up for me? I got lost between the "boo" and the "hoo".

This offends me...

SelmaBamaFan
6/5/2006, 09:38 AM
Infact this entire damn thread offends me, and I hope that fact offends you.

... or something.

Cack
6/5/2006, 09:40 AM
Infact this entire damn thread offends me, and I hope that fact offends you.

... or something.

i do not appreciate that comment ... it is very offensive :mad:

KABOOKIE
6/5/2006, 09:42 AM
the "fighting irish" should offend passive people of irish descent

i'd suggest protesting, but they are just too damn passive to do anything about it

Suggesting protesting to the Irish? They'll be offended now! :D

Osce0la
6/5/2006, 09:55 AM
White people can only be offended by mascot names if a small number of non-whites tells them that they should be offended.

So unless a small number of let's say black men say you should be offended by it, then you shouldn't be offended.

You need the small number of people from another race to tell you that they know what's better for you, and that you don't know what's best for yourself.

For example, take FSU. The Seminoles supported the use of the name "Seminoles" by FSU, and even help design the attire for Chief Osceola at their football games...However, a small number of WHITES told the Seminoles they should be offended by FSU's use of the Seminole name, and that basically the whites knew what was better for them.

See, you can only be offended if a small group of another race tell you that you should in fact be offended.

Cack
6/5/2006, 09:57 AM
/\ so should i be offended or not??

Osce0la
6/5/2006, 09:58 AM
/\ so should i be offended or not??
You're a :chicken:, you're offensive to everyone.

Taxman71
6/5/2006, 09:59 AM
I am currently suing Blackie Lawless for making everyone think us WASPs wear cockpieces under our pinstripe suits.

bri
6/5/2006, 10:44 AM
For example, take FSU. The FLORIDA Seminoles supported the use of the name "Seminoles" by FSU, and even help design the attire for Chief Osceola at their football games...However, a small number of WHITES told the Seminoles they should be offended by FSU's use of the Seminole name, and that basically the whites knew what was better for them.

Fixed it for you.

BeetDigger
6/5/2006, 10:50 AM
I was offended by the title of the movie "White Men Can't Jump". Ok, so I can't jump. But why do they have to rub my nose in it? :D

bri
6/5/2006, 10:57 AM
I was offended that Woody Harrelson represented our race in said movie. What the hell?

C&CDean
6/5/2006, 11:12 AM
I'd still like to see a team called the Poor White Trash with a scumball in a wifebeater for the mascot.

And, FWIW, when I was working on my Master's at OU, I had a professor who started the class (Problems in Human Relations) with this statement:

"All of the problems in this world - every single one - can be traced back and charged to the white male. If it weren't for white males, there wouldn't be any problems in human relations."

She said this while her fat, black *** was sitting in a chair, eating a bag of cheetos and swilling a grape soda. And I was the only white male in the class. Let me just say that I managed to pass the class with an "A." And by the end of the semester, she was no longer spouting her racist bull**** while stuffing her pathetic face with cheetos.

Osce0la
6/5/2006, 11:17 AM
Fixed it for you.
Actually, most of the Oklahoma Seminoles approved of it (or generally just didn't care) and only 1 member of the Seminoles from OK said he was offended, and took it upon himself to claim that ALL OK Seminoles were offended.

Osce0la
6/5/2006, 11:19 AM
Back in the day when FSU voted on their mascot, number 2 on the ballot was actually the Florida State Crackers. :D

You think the NCAA would've had a problem with that? Could you see a black analyst talking about the TD pass that Cracker Drew Weatherford threw.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/5/2006, 11:39 AM
I'd still like to see a team called the Poor White Trash with a scumball in a wifebeater for the mascot.

And, FWIW, when I was working on my Master's at OU, I had a professor who started the class (Problems in Human Relations) with this statement:

"All of the problems in this world - every single one - can be traced back and charged to the white male. If it weren't for white males, there wouldn't be any problems in human relations."

She said this while her fat, black *** was sitting in a chair, eating a bag of cheetos and swilling a grape soda. And I was the only white male in the class. Let me just say that I managed to pass the class with an "A." And by the end of the semester, she was no longer spouting her racist bull**** while stuffing her pathetic face with cheetos.OK, what did you do to persuade her differently?

BeetDigger
6/5/2006, 11:46 AM
OK, what did you do to persuade her differently?

He gave her a little "White Chocolate". :texan:

C&CDean
6/5/2006, 12:25 PM
OK, what did you do to persuade her differently?

Oh, we had several long chats about her doing the exact same thing she has spent her entire life accusing white people of doing. Generalizing, stereotyping, being a dumbass, etc. And we talked with the Department Head as well. In fact, he agreed with me. And he's a very prominent black gentleman who has a long history of dealing with racism in Norman.

His stance was "just because white people have been racists and bigots doesn't give black people the right to be the same." Of course it was tempered a little bit with "it's only fair that us black folk have a chance to catch up a little bit." This was all during the big Affirmative Action push.

usmc-sooner
6/5/2006, 01:05 PM
what is it with black people and cheetos

:D

Taxman71
6/5/2006, 01:14 PM
He gave her a little "White Chocolate". :texan:

Can you say Billy Bob in Monster's Ball?

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 02:02 PM
Can you say Billy Bob in Monster's Ball?

Uh, no, he got the milk chocolate. :texan:

VeeJay
6/5/2006, 02:21 PM
As someone who used to get in a lot of fights in elementary school, and as one who as an adult has turned the corner, and live a relatively calm, peaceful life, I am disturbed by the Boston Bruins.

Taxman71
6/5/2006, 02:27 PM
Isn't Nebraska's Herbie the Husker blatantly racist by presenting the image that all us whiteys wear overalls, cowboy hats and smile even when getting kicked in the balls? F'in hillbillies.

GDC
6/5/2006, 05:16 PM
You yonegs need to stfu.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2006, 07:17 PM
what is it with black people and cheetos

:D

i cant believe she had a grape soda instead of an orange fanta....

AFHawk16
6/6/2006, 03:04 PM

what about the The Rhode Island School Of Design NADS, and their mascot Scrotie...

here's a link for a pic of the mascot. Caution may be NSFW for some...

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/whimsy/your-alltime-best-mascot-winner-176616.php