PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is 06-06-06

Okla-homey
6/5/2006, 07:49 AM
Any of you hillbillies doing anything special like animal sacrifice or holing up in the Rockies in anticipation of the pending Apocolypse?

Me? I'm going to watch The Longest Day in commemoration of the 61st anniversary of the Allied invasion at Normandy.

...-

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 07:52 AM
I'm going to see if Bush wears a hat.

Jimminy Crimson
6/5/2006, 08:21 AM
I'm wrapping my house in foil tonight in preparation of tomorrows events. :twinkies:

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2006, 08:43 AM
No sweat, 666 doesn't mean anything anymore. Its actually 616. ;)

TUSooner
6/5/2006, 08:49 AM
Any of you hillbillies doing anything special like animal sacrifice or holing up in the Rockies in anticipation of the pending Apocolypse?

Me? I'm going to watch The Longest Day in commemoration of the 61st anniversary of the Allied invasion at Normandy.

...-
Back in the day, that movie would be shown on network TV every year on 6/6.

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2043/vsign2hg.jpg

jacru
6/5/2006, 09:08 AM
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

The Bible, Revelation 13:18

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2006, 09:13 AM
It's also my Birthday...

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 09:18 AM
tEH BeasT Is COminG ToMMOrOW!@$!EW

JohnnyMack
6/5/2006, 09:19 AM
My list of things to do tomorrow is a long one.

Ritual sacrifice in the morning, slaughtering kittens on my lunch hour. Then I'll be carving a pentagram into my forehead with a soup spoon and taking the war to the masses as I prepare the portal for my dark lord to come over to the mortal realm.

Should be a pretty cool day.

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 09:23 AM
THE MASTER IS COMING!!!

http://www.movieactors.com/characters/characterBUTTONS/moranis.jpeg

bri
6/5/2006, 09:28 AM

Ritual sacrifice in the morning, slaughtering kittens on my lunch hour. Then I'll be carving a pentagram into my forehead with a soup spoon and taking the war to the masses as I prepare the portal for my dark lord to come over to the mortal realm.

So, in other words, just a regular Tuesday? :D

OU4LIFE
6/5/2006, 09:28 AM
THE MASTER IS COMING!!!

http://www.movieactors.com/characters/characterBUTTONS/moranis.jpeg

Sweet, it sounds like Andrew Dice Clay will be here tomorrow.

"So I got my tongue in this chicks a s s...."

bri
6/5/2006, 09:33 AM
I think for lunch tomorrow, I'll hit the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A. When they ask me for my order, I'll be all like, "Yeah, I'll take a number three meal with a Dr. Pepper...AND YOUR SOUL!!!!" just to see how many of them p*ss themselves. :D

OCUDad
6/5/2006, 09:35 AM
I'm going to Hell.

(6/03/06 - HELL, MI) - They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday.
The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 -- a number that carries hellish significance.
And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.
Nobody is more fired up than John Colone, the town's self-styled mayor and owner of a souvenir shop.
"I've got `666' T-shirts and mugs. I'm only ordering 666 (of the items) so once they're gone, that's it," said Colone, also known as Odum Plenty. "Everyone who comes will get a letter of authenticity saying you've celebrated June 6, 2006, in Hell."
Most of Colone's wares will sell for $6.66, including deeds to one square inch of Hell.
Live entertainment and a costume contest are planned. The Gates of Hell should be installed at a children's play area in time for the festivities.
"They're 8 feet tall and 5 foot wide and each gate looks like flames, and when they're closed, it's a devil's head," Colone told The Detroit News for a Saturday story.
Mike "Smitty" Hickey, owner of the Dam Site Inn, wasn't sure what kind of clientele would show up Tuesday.
"We're all about having fun here. I don't think we're going to get the cult crowd, the devil worshippers or anything like that," said Hickey, whose bar's signature concoction is the Bloody Devil, a variant of the Bloody Mary.
Colone, meanwhile, has been in touch with radio stations as far away as San Diego and Seattle that are raffling off trips to Hell in honor of 6-6-6.
The 666 revelry is just the latest chapter in the town's storied history of publicity stunts, said Jason LeTeff, one of its 72 year-round residents -- or, as the mayor calls them, Hellions or Hell-billies. But LeTeff wasn't particularly enthused.
"Now, here I am living in Hell, taking my kids to church and trying to teach them the right things and the town where we live is having a 6-6-6 party," he said.
According to the town's semiofficial Web site, there are two leading theories about how Hell got its name.
The first holds that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So schoene hell" -- roughly translated as, "So bright and beautiful." Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.
The second holds that George Reeves was asked after Michigan gained statehood what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and reportedly replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell if you want to." The name became official on Oct. 13, 1841.

Viking Kitten
6/5/2006, 09:35 AM

VK's handy tip of the day: Taco Bell sporks are a great tool for spilling the blood of the innocent. Why hassle with regular spoons? Those little plastic spikes just make for much less fuss and bother when scooping out entrails and whatnot.

bri
6/5/2006, 09:38 AM
Good point. If I've learned ANYTHING about the Dark Master, it's that he likes a tidy sacrifice.

OU4LIFE
6/5/2006, 09:45 AM
You are welcome.

<-----

VK's handy tip of the day: Taco Bell sporks are a great tool for spilling the blood of the innocent. Why hassle with regular spoons? Those little plastic spikes just make for much less fuss and bother when scooping out entrails and whatnot.

Osce0la
6/5/2006, 09:48 AM

Shouldn't you watch this in a couple of weeks? June 21 is The Longest Day of the year. YWIA.

starclassic tama
6/5/2006, 09:52 AM
best day ever

Taxman71
6/5/2006, 09:56 AM
If you are a golfer, not so if you mow yards for a living.

BajaOklahoma
6/5/2006, 10:17 AM
The kitten is going to think she is being sacrificed, she has a vet appt tomorrow for shots.

Viking Kitten
6/5/2006, 10:24 AM
Believe me, I need 'em.

bri
6/5/2006, 10:55 AM

...-

What does prisoners playing football against their guards have to do with D-Day? :confused:

:D

Beef
6/5/2006, 11:00 AM
I'll try to find something to spank tomorrow in lieu of a sacrifice.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2006, 11:02 AM
I'll try to find something to spank tomorrow in lieu of a sacrifice.

http://www.killsometime.com/pictures/images/pic1090.jpg

OUinFLA
6/5/2006, 11:07 AM
The kitten is going to think she is being sacrificed, she has a vet appt tomorrow for shots.

Believe me, I need 'em.

just what shots are you needing?

OU4LIFE
6/5/2006, 11:11 AM
'cillin.

OU4LIFE
6/5/2006, 11:11 AM
she shared a spork.

Viking Kitten
6/5/2006, 11:17 AM
I was thinking along the lines of Patron, but some 'cillin might be in order too.

slickdawg
6/5/2006, 12:15 PM
Believe me, I need 'em.

Yeah, get the kids theirs too. Anyone coming in contact with the czar needs 'em.

:D

NYSooner1355
6/5/2006, 01:21 PM

...-

:confused: Isn't it the 62nd anniversary of the D-Day invasion?

NYSooner1355
6/5/2006, 01:25 PM
I think I know why you said 61st anniversary...

1945 being the 1st anniversary and so on...gotcha...but didn't they do the big 60th commemorations two years ago?

Taxman71
6/5/2006, 02:31 PM
Hell, Mich., Heats Up for 6-6-6 Party

HELL, Mich. (AP) -- They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday. The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 - a number that carries hellish significance. And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.
Nobody is more fired up than John Colone, the town's self-styled mayor and owner of a souvenir shop. "I've got `666' T-shirts and mugs. I'm only ordering 666 (of the items) so once they're gone, that's it," said Colone, also known as Odum Plenty. "Everyone who comes will get a letter of authenticity saying you've celebrated June 6, 2006, in Hell."
Most of Colone's wares will sell for $6.66, including deeds to one square inch of Hell.
Live entertainment and a costume contest are planned. The Gates of Hell should be installed at a children's play area in time for the festivities.
"They're 8 feet tall and 5 foot wide and each gate looks like flames, and when they're closed, it's a devil's head," Colone told The Detroit News for a Saturday story.
Mike "Smitty" Hickey, owner of the Dam Site Inn, wasn't sure what kind of clientele would show up Tuesday.
"We're all about having fun here. I don't think we're going to get the cult crowd, the devil worshippers or anything like that," said Hickey, whose bar's signature concoction is the Bloody Devil, a variant of the Bloody Mary.
Colone, meanwhile, has been in touch with radio stations as far away as San Diego and Seattle that are raffling off trips to Hell in honor of 6-6-6.
The 666 revelry is just the latest chapter in the town's storied history of publicity stunts, said Jason LeTeff, one of its 72 year-round residents - or, as the mayor calls them, Hellions or Hell-billies. But LeTeff wasn't particularly enthused.
"Now, here I am living in Hell, taking my kids to church and trying to teach them the right things and the town where we live is having a 6-6-6 party," he said.
According to the town's semiofficial Web site, there are two leading theories about how Hell got its name.
The first holds that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So schoene hell" - roughly translated as, "So bright and beautiful." Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.
The second holds that George Reeves was asked after Michigan gained statehood what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and reportedly replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell if you want to." The name became official on Oct. 13, 1841.

Red October
6/5/2006, 02:36 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000063CP6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast Lyrics
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

'Cos in my dream it's always there the evil face that twists my
mind
and brings me to despair

The night was black was no use holding back
'Cos I just had to see was someone watching me
In the mist dark figures move and twist
Was this all for real or some kind of hell
666 the number of the beast
Hell and fire was spawned to be released

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerise me ... can't avoid their eyes
666 the one for you and me

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take it's course

White House Boy
6/5/2006, 02:39 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000063CP6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast Lyrics
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

'Cos in my dream it's always there the evil face that twists my
mind
and brings me to despair