PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU ARE IN OKC-AREA MONDAY *READ*

SeattleOUstudent
6/4/2006, 10:41 PM
Get your butts to Norman Monday at 7PM to root on the Sooners. We MUST beat WSU to win the regional. SHould be a blast to attend. We need to pack the house with Sooner fans so we can continue the hot bats.

GET YOUR BUTTS TO NORMAN!

SleestakSooner
6/4/2006, 10:54 PM
I went to the game tonight and it was awesome! Wichita State used at least six pitchers and we only used two! http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=201&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2716&ATCLID=88960&Q_SEASON=2005
John Brownell was awesome in relief of Sandoval who got pulled after only one inning. He pitched the remaining eight innings and sucked it up to outlast half of the Shockers pitching staff, throwing 130 times and only allowing 5 runs after Sandoval allowed two in the first.

Will be interesting to see if Golloway sends Sandy back out there to start tomorrow or tries someone else on the mound.

See you all at L Dale Mitchell park tomorrow, I'll be in the outfield (which they are charging $7 for and not allowing coolers into btw) trying to grab a Sooner homerun ball for my souvenier collection!

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 10:58 PM
gonna try.

SleestakSooner
6/5/2006, 02:39 AM
WSU has not won a game at OU since 1992, I believe, so combine that with the fact that OUr pitching staff is fairly well rested (thanks to Brownell's performance) and WSU's is not and things look really good for the Sooners tonight!

Big Red Ron
6/5/2006, 06:15 AM
in

BoonesFarmSooner
6/5/2006, 07:38 AM
You guys show up in force and we'll return the favor next week in Houston!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
6/5/2006, 08:41 AM
John Brownell was awesome in relief of Sandoval who got pulled after only one inning. He pitched the remaining eight innings and sucked it up to outlast half of the Shockers pitching staff, throwing 130 times and only allowing 5 runs after Sandoval allowed two in the first.

Word, that was a clutch performance and it turned a disadvantage from coming up through the loser's bracket into at worst a 50/50 proposition.

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 09:19 AM
I think that tonight might be the biggest seller of the year.

The news stations were really pumping the game for tonight.

KABOOKIE
6/5/2006, 09:20 AM
WSU has not won a game at OU since the 2006 regular season, I believe, so combine that with the fact that OUr pitching staff is fairly well rested (thanks to Brownell's performance) and WSU's is not and things look really good for the Sooners tonight!

Fixed....

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about that.

runner1182
6/5/2006, 10:59 AM
going to the game tonight look forward to the sooners bats to stay alive and run rule the shockers! i just bought tickets online can anyone tell me where the will call area is to pick up the tickets?

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2006, 11:39 AM
I would go...but tonight's the start of the Stanley Cup Finals...and I've gotta see my Canes take game 1!

SleestakSooner
6/5/2006, 02:01 PM
Fixed....

Sorry I thought I heard the radio announcer say that they hadn't won in Norman since `92. I guess they said before this season... I should know better than to post heresay or stats I haven't double checked on these boards ;)

SleestakSooner
6/5/2006, 02:06 PM
I would go...but tonight's the start of the Stanley Cup Finals...and I've gotta see my Canes take game 1!

Maybe... just maybe if you were a Canadian I could forgive you for this statement, but if you would rather sit home cheering for an American NHL team to take game one of ANY hockey series than come out and cheer on your Sooners in the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON then I got nothing else to say to you :mad:

NHL iz teh suxor

Sooner95
6/5/2006, 03:04 PM
Sorry fellas, stuck in NY but i'll be here with the laptop going! Go Sooners!

SeattleOUstudent
6/5/2006, 04:46 PM
C'MON BAYLOR!

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2006, 04:46 PM
How bout a compromise...I'll have one game on TV...and the other live broadcasted on the net.

Deal?