PDA

View Full Version : pecan wood

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2006, 05:50 PM
i had a grilled hamburger today cooked over pecan wood

best damn "smoke" taste ever.....where can you get pecan wood for your grill, etc?

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 05:54 PM
Cut down some trees in my granparents pasture. I've always wondered if that would make good smoke.

BajaOklahoma
6/4/2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.bbqblanton.com/bmwMPwood.htm

OUinFLA
6/4/2006, 05:56 PM
go visit Dean, cut down one of his trees.
btw, there is a chain saw already on premises. Be careful.

BajaOklahoma
6/4/2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.carlsbadnm.com/dgaulden/wood.htm
This guy's got better prices.

Tailwind
6/4/2006, 05:57 PM
Pecan trees.

King Crimson
6/4/2006, 06:35 PM
Cut down some trees in my granparents pasture. I've always wondered if that would make good smoke.

same here. my late granddad planted about 15 pecan trees about 30-40 years ago and i come home from grammaw's with at least 2 big grocery bags full of pecans every time i go out there. beats paying for em at the store, and they taste better.

great in things like biscotti, oatmeal, coffee or carrot cake, and couscous whatever...etc.

chicken breast stuffed with stilton or gorgozola and pecans is purty good too.

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 06:40 PM
If there is a BBQ Galore near your home/work they sell pecan chunks/chips to put on the charcoal if you go that route or in a smoke box if youre cookin' with propane.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 06:56 PM
peach or apple tree not bad either.

SoonerWood
6/4/2006, 11:38 PM
two parts pecan and one part hickory is a great blend for BBQing

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 11:47 PM
go visit Dean, cut down one of his trees.
btw, there is a chain saw already on premises. Be careful.
Plus he be crippled up rite now , he cant fight ya to hard :eek:

Pricetag
6/5/2006, 12:26 AM
This thread is begging for a copycat.

GottaHavePride
6/5/2006, 01:24 AM
You could visit my parent's house - there's a big old pecan tree with about 4 steel bolts keeping it from splitting in two. Franken-tree, if you will.

C&CDean
6/5/2006, 09:55 AM
I just pushed down a huge, dead pecan in the front pasture. Probably a 2 rick tree. Anybody who wants some pecan for cooking/smoking is welcome to a hunk of it - if you help me clean it up.

And I've been smoking with pecan/hickory mixed. Damn good.

achiro
6/5/2006, 10:00 AM
I just pushed down a huge, dead pecan in the front pasture. Probably a 2 rick tree. Anybody who wants some pecan for cooking/smoking is welcome to a hunk of it - if you help me clean it up.

And I've been smoking with pecan/hickory mixed. Damn good.
Are you sayin that if I drove down to help, that you would be using your chainsaw near ME? :eek:

OUinFLA
6/5/2006, 10:02 AM
I've been smoking pecan/hickory mixed. Damn good.

:eek: that could explain you falling off your tractor. I knew about bananas, but not pecan/hickory.