PDA

View Full Version : It's Click-It-Or-Ticket Fund Raiser Month

yermom
6/4/2006, 02:20 AM
:mad:

i'm glad there was nothing important going on in Owasso today so the whole police department could stake out Larkin Bailey Elementary for non-seatbelt wearers :rolleyes:

soonerboomer93
6/4/2006, 02:35 AM
next time remember to click-it

Czar Soonerov
6/4/2006, 02:39 AM
You shoulda shown some cleavage.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 05:03 AM
show them dnr papers.

yermom
6/4/2006, 11:43 AM
sure, it's safer to wear your seatbelt, i understand that

it still shouldn't be illegal

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 11:48 AM
If cars had restraints like roller coasters, we wouldn't need seatbelts. :texan:

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 11:50 AM
sure, it's safer to wear your seatbelt, i understand that

it still shouldn't be illegal
Nor should it be a basis to be stopped . I have a doctors letter , But still could be stopped for not wearing it .

Octavian
6/4/2006, 12:17 PM
if I can't ride inside my own car w/out wearing a seatbelt, how the hell is that guy next to me on a motorcycle not get thrown in jail?

BajaOklahoma
6/4/2006, 12:23 PM
When you don't wear a seatbelt, get in a bad wreck and end up in the hospital, you are raising my insurance rates.
Stop it! STOP IT NOW! Insurance is too expensive as is. ;(

dolemitesooner
6/4/2006, 12:28 PM
you got a ticket.....rofl..... that sucks

yermom
6/4/2006, 01:11 PM
When you don't wear a seatbelt, get in a bad wreck and end up in the hospital, you are raising my insurance rates.
Stop it! STOP IT NOW! Insurance is too expensive as is. ;(

what about smokers? guys on motorcycles without helmets?

dolemitesooner
6/4/2006, 01:36 PM
you got a ticket...hahahahahaha

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 01:43 PM
guys on motorcycles without helmets?

the only bill for accidents with those guys is from the funeral home

Scott D
6/4/2006, 01:44 PM
the official police terminology is 'street pizza'.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 02:09 PM
emt's call it suicycle.

yermom
6/4/2006, 02:11 PM
i thought they called them Organ Donors :D

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 02:19 PM
i thought they called them Organ Donors :D
Nah we act like we didn't see the od on the licence that would make us hurry and stuff.:D

slickdawg
6/4/2006, 02:26 PM
If your face ever tasted a steering wheel, and you lived to tell, which I did,
you'd wear that seat belt without exception.

StoopTroup
6/4/2006, 02:37 PM
Eventually every car made will have a breath-a-lyzer as Original Equipment.

The seat belt thing will probably be included as a kill switch too.

The cars already give so much info to the on-board computer that during a wreck if your injured...it probably tells the insurance company and the Police that you weren't wearing it.

Eventually they will probably use the info against you to deny your claim, if they don't already that is...

yermom
6/4/2006, 02:37 PM
i'm not advocating not wearing a seatbelt

i'm just saying that the only reason they have this law is to make money off people who either don't wear them, or forgot to

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 02:46 PM
i'm not advocating not wearing a seatbelt

i'm just saying that the only reason they have this law is to make money off people who either don't wear them, or forgot to
I think you're right.

But you still should buckle up. We need yermom on SF for many years to come.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 09:45 PM
As a medic that has ran on hundreds of accidents. If you get ejected from your vehicle or go through windshield. Chances are good I can't save you.Please buckle up.:)

dolemitesooner
6/4/2006, 09:52 PM
As a medic that has ran on hundreds of accidents. If you get ejected from your vehicle or go through windshield. Chances are good I can't save you.Please buckle up.:)
My uncle is a firefighter.....and he says he sees it everyday here in Norman. Someone dying not wearing there seat belt. He also says that it happens to most people within 1 mile of there home

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 10:06 PM
My uncle is a firefighter.....and he says he sees it everyday here in Norman. Someone dying not wearing there seat belt. He also says that it happens to most people within 1 mile of there home
trudat Most serious accidents happen within a mile of home .
But No one has addressed the issue of the cops stopping people for not wearing em. Even tho I have a Doctors letter .
Discuss that

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 10:08 PM
But No one has addressed the issue of the cops stopping people for not wearing em. Even tho I have a Doctors letter .
Discuss that
Is there some sorta label or sticker you can put on your tag? If not they should make one because that would be super annoying if you're getting pulled over all the time.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 10:13 PM
The reason it's within a mile of your home is because thats where your at 90% of the time.

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 10:15 PM
Discuss that
What illness do you have not to wear a seatbelt.If you don't mind me asking.

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 10:16 PM
The reason it's within a mile of your home is because thats where your at 90% of the time.
trudat
And No no sticker just a letter I have to carry . I haven't been stopped for it but it would pizz me off :D

KABOOKIE
6/4/2006, 10:20 PM
Small town/city cops and city officials always band together to make more laws to justify these overpaid and bloated police departments. You think the Detroit PD is worried about seat belt violators? :rolleyes:

walkoffsooner
6/4/2006, 10:23 PM
Small town/city cops and city officials always band together to make more laws to justify these overpaid and bloated police departments. You think the Detroit PD is worried about seat belt violators? :rolleyes:
I don't know about Detroit but Denver sure is. Just got back they are serious up there.

proud gonzo
6/4/2006, 11:32 PM
i don't know about the rest of you, but i don't want all those non-seatbelt-wearing people being massive projectiles when they get in a wreck. :P

Sooner24
6/5/2006, 06:55 AM
you got a ticket...hahahahahaha

You paid to see X-Men 3...hahahahahaha

sanantoniosooner
6/5/2006, 07:29 AM
I'd rather they pulled people over for seat belts VS inspection stickers. At least it has comes closer to making the street safer for somebody.

The ONLY excuses for not wearing a seatbelt is whininess, stupidity, or a massive outey like olvet has.

yermom
6/5/2006, 11:16 AM
heh, inspection stickers. it's nice to not have to worry about those anymore. but, i actually think that probably has more merit... i can see requiring cars to be up to certain standards before being allowed on public roads

again though, i'm not advocating not wearing a seatbelt, that isn't the discussion

Ike
6/5/2006, 11:19 AM

CPD is trying to show that they are serious about it. they've been pulling the roadblock tactic out to ticket non-seatbelt wearers.

However, the cops that do it just tell most of the people to go to court and contest it because they probably won't be there....

SoonerInKCMO
6/5/2006, 11:28 AM
i don't know about the rest of you, but i don't want all those non-seatbelt-wearing people being massive projectiles when they get in a wreck. :P

Yeah. Ever since seeing the opening of 'Crash' where Holly Hunter's husband flew through the windshield and landed in James Spader's front seat, I make sure everyone is belted. :)