PDA

View Full Version : Hating Texas

soonerhubs
6/3/2006, 09:04 PM
Someone help me with this but I recall TRRW saying that if you didn't hate Texas before you'll learn to hate them after playing at OU.

I had a hard time seeing all the hand shakes between plays during the shootout last year.

Does anyone anticipate more of that this year, or are the players learning to hate Texas on the Field like TRRW would have it?

I think that anger gives an edge to the game. Maybe I'm wrong.

85sooners
6/3/2006, 09:08 PM
**** texas you hear me ****em!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerhubs
6/3/2006, 09:15 PM
**** texas you hear me ****em!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heh! Now go and tell all the players that.

walkoffsooner
6/3/2006, 09:55 PM
Ican tell its true in baseball.I hate them.

jacru
6/3/2006, 10:00 PM
No, no, no. We must show them respect. We must exhibit sportsmanship. We must be gentlemen. We must.... hell, WE MUST KICK THEIR STINKIN' AS$!!!
Beat Texas!.... with a stick!

Snrfn4ever08
6/3/2006, 10:57 PM
no love for texas here. then again, i'm not a player. i guess i could start playing football again my senior year and then go to OU and take the sooners back to the promise land as the best qb ever. then the players would listen to me and i would tell them to hate texas.period. that's all there would be of that:D

josh09
6/3/2006, 11:41 PM
Someone help me with this but I recall TRRW saying that if you didn't hate Texas before you'll learn to hate them after playing at OU.

I had a hard time seeing all the hand shakes between plays during the shootout last year.

Does anyone anticipate more of that this year, or are the players learning to hate Texas on the Field like TRRW would have it?

I think that anger gives an edge to the game. Maybe I'm wrong.

no respect from me. at all. they can all burn.
Hook 'em :texan: Hook 'em :texan:

BajaOklahoma
6/4/2006, 12:21 AM
You have to remember that some of our guys grew up down here with some of their guys. Playing with and against each other for years.
There are some kids who can lay it all out on the field of play and leave it there after the game. But many kids can't do that.

No way I could shake their hand.

Snrfn4ever08
6/4/2006, 12:27 AM
You have to remember that some of our guys grew up down here with some of their guys. Playing with and against each other for years.
There are some kids who can lay it all out on the field of play and leave it there after the game. But many kids can't do that.

No way I could shake their hand.

you sound like one of those people that wants to be friends with everybody:mad:

Scott D
6/4/2006, 12:38 AM
you sound like one of those people that wants to be friends with everybody:mad:

must be that 'no way I can' part that confused you. They played with and against each other up until the time they went to college. I have no issues with them doing that after a game..during, yeah it's not so good, but after the game there shouldn't be any issues with it.

birddog
6/4/2006, 01:37 AM
texas this, texas that. we play other teams too fellas. EVERY SINGLE TIME i open the football board i see texas mentioned somewhere. it's getting pretty ridiculous, really. can someone explain this to me?

TheGodfather889
6/4/2006, 01:45 AM
No, no, no. We must show them respect. We must exhibit sportsmanship. We must be gentlemen. We must.... hell, WE MUST KICK THEIR STINKIN' AS$!!!
Beat Texas!.... with a stick!
I'm considering this for a siggy.;)

badger
6/4/2006, 02:49 AM
Due to "be good ambassadors for the state" rules, I was forced to replace all bad words at ou-texas with other noises last year.

Texas bites, texas bites.
Oh, Texas can bite my aaaaaahhhhhh
Texas bites, texas bites,
oh, Texas can bite my whaaaaaaa???
Texas bites, Texas bites
oh texas can bite my whoooooops...
Gnaw gnaw, chew chew
Texas can bite argggg in two!
Texas can bite my aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

And this actually happened. Pretyy pathetic, isn't it?

GDC
6/4/2006, 12:42 PM
Unfortunatly lots of "Sooners" on this board love the whorns, and lots of whorns love this board.

Snrfn4ever08
6/4/2006, 12:43 PM
must be that 'no way I can' part that confused you. They played with and against each other up until the time they went to college. I have no issues with them doing that after a game..during, yeah it's not so good, but after the game there shouldn't be any issues with it.

it's alright, i didn't mean anything serious by it:D

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 01:18 PM
RESPECT?? Theres too much already with the Nebraska game so when oct rolls around and i see a ****** bag with a silhouette of a uterus on his shirt all of a sudden all the respect runs out of me quicker than the nacho grande platter at don pablo's... and thats what its all about... no respect like rodney dangerfield... the feeling of texas getting destroy by my sooners pleases me... i get hard watching '00, and '03, im not gonna lie... win or lose the whorns at the fair still talk sh*t so the respect never returns

f*ck texas, f*ck their cow, f*ck burnt orange, f*ck their band's del rancho uniforms, f*ck those pants(which look like they are made from pantyhose), f*ck wooderson(u know who i'm talkin about), f*ck reefer williams, and again f*ck texas. did i say that already?? well f*ck em sideways....

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 01:42 PM
I'm okay with after the game respect and stuff, I suppose I'm saying that the during the game love fest could be avoided.

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 01:44 PM
texas this, texas that. we play other teams too fellas. EVERY SINGLE TIME i open the football board i see texas mentioned somewhere. it's getting pretty ridiculous, really. can someone explain this to me?
Okay good point. Now start an interesting off-season thread.

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 01:59 PM
Okay good point. Now start an interesting off-season thread.

haha! maybe it could be about uh ummmmm.... i got nuthin... and the fact is texas gets under my skin and they won last year and that makes me sick... texas fans talk smack about bomar trying to make him their simms, but even if last years game(oh lord no) repeated twice, he's still a few notches above simms

ADs_Agent
6/4/2006, 02:30 PM
there were "OU Fans" who were cheering for Texas as a victory for the Big XII, that makes me sick. You cheer for OU or you don't cheer.

goingoneight
6/4/2006, 02:58 PM
there were "OU Fans" who were cheering for Texas as a victory for the Big XII, that makes me sick. You cheer for OU or you don't cheer.

So if OU doesn't play the 2006 Rose Bowl... we shouldn't hope a homer gets in on that MNC money for the BIG 12? OU/TX is just a rival game people.

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 03:01 PM

Sick as it was that win against texas and usc looks pretty good at breakin bud's record... and scandal or not they won't take that from usc i mean the love affair with usc the past few years has almost matched the one for the patriots... i'm a huge steeler fan, always have been(i was raised on the steelers, the niners, and the redskins) and seeing Tom Brady do the coin toss ****ed me off so bad... i cant even explain... i mean have someone who's retired(pro bowl, hall of fame status), a celebrity, or a commisioner of some sort, not the guy who lost 3 weeks back, come on get off their nuts...

WestAustinSooner
6/4/2006, 06:09 PM
FreshChris:

I like how you think! I really love living in Austin, but the UT part really f*cks up a great thing. I hate them now more than ever...not because of their NC, but because they are so damn arrogant. And anybody that thinks burnt orange is an attractive color, would probably try to polish a t*rd. Not to mention, their mascot is a castrated bull, bred for docility and eventual slaughter. I could go on, but you know what I am talking about.....

freshchris05
6/5/2006, 01:43 AM
FreshChris:

I like how you think! I really love living in Austin, but the UT part really f*cks up a great thing. I hate them now more than ever...not because of their NC, but because they are so damn arrogant. And anybody that thinks burnt orange is an attractive color, would probably try to polish a t*rd. Not to mention, their mascot is a castrated bull, bred for docility and eventual slaughter. I could go on, but you know what I am talking about.....

oh yeah.. f*ck texas

u forgot the f*ck texas part so i fixed it

footballfanatic
6/5/2006, 01:42 PM
RESPECT?? Theres too much already with the Nebraska game so when oct rolls around and i see a ****** bag with a silhouette of a uterus on his shirt all of a sudden all the respect runs out of me quicker than the nacho grande platter at don pablo's... and thats what its all about... no respect like rodney dangerfield... the feeling of texas getting destroy by my sooners pleases me... i get hard watching '00, and '03, im not gonna lie... win or lose the whorns at the fair still talk sh*t so the respect never returns

f*ck texas, f*ck their cow, f*ck burnt orange, f*ck their band's del rancho uniforms, f*ck those pants(which look like they are made from pantyhose), f*ck wooderson(u know who i'm talkin about), f*ck reefer williams, and again f*ck texas. did i say that already?? well f*ck em sideways....

Sounds like someone didn't get their nap today.
The players are too decent to hate each other. They know how hard it is to play the game, and they respect other athletes. Many of the players grew up together. Those who "hate" other teams is reserved for people who have a serious gap in their daily lives.

badger
6/5/2006, 02:22 PM

no-- it sounds more like someone didn't get their cigarette or caffeine fix.

freshchris05
6/5/2006, 03:00 PM
The players are too decent to hate each other. They know how hard it is to play the game, and they respect other athletes. Many of the players grew up together. Those who "hate" other teams is reserved for people who have a serious gap in their daily lives.

if we didn't "hate" each other there would be no rivalry... texas is like the big kid at school who can't fight... sure your big and strong and take up alot of space but i cant still whoop ur *ss so whats the point... all you p*ssies who say "no we shouldn't hate each other", "leave it on the field", "it's about sportmanship" screw that its about tuck fexas, boomer sooner, screaming ou sucks when texas bites gets play, an ur little hook em sign, with out any of that its like playing a non conference game against a top 25 opponent... get real

texas f*ckin sucks

and yes i did quit smoking like a month ago(did u know its bad for you?? who would of thought)

footballfanatic
6/5/2006, 03:51 PM
if we didn't "hate" each other there would be no rivalry... texas is like the big kid at school who can't fight... sure your big and strong and take up alot of space but i cant still whoop ur *ss so whats the point... all you p*ssies who say "no we shouldn't hate each other", "leave it on the field", "it's about sportmanship" screw that its about tuck fexas, boomer sooner, screaming ou sucks when texas bites gets play, an ur little hook em sign, with out any of that its like playing a non conference game against a top 25 opponent... get real

texas f*ckin sucks

and yes i did quit smoking like a month ago(did u know its bad for you?? who would of thought)

Get real. Okay, I'll get real.
People from the real world I reserve my hatred for:
Moronic teenage terrorist recruits who decide their religion gives them a license to kill innocent civilians.
Greedy businessmen who betray their employees, just to make a killing, then drive everyone in the firm (plus all the companies invested in their stock) into bankruptcy.
Giant oil companies who are in cohoots with auto manufacturers who are more concerned with making profits than providing their country a healthy future.
Presidents who declare just wars using phony evidence.
People who butcher their fellow citizens over pointless tribal rivalries, thereby keeping their countrie(s) in the dark ages.

Do you want me to go on?

jacru
6/5/2006, 04:20 PM
Moronic teenage terrorist recruits who decide their religion gives them a license to kill innocent civilians.
Greedy businessmen who betray their employees, just to make a killing, then drive everyone in the firm (plus all the companies invested in their stock) into bankruptcy.
Giant oil companies who are in cohoots with auto manufacturers who are more concerned with making profits than providing their country a healthy future.
People who butcher their fellow citizens over pointless tribal rivalries, thereby keeping their countrie(s) in the dark ages.

Do you want me to go on?
Sure, go on. Only your terrorist and tribal comments have any basis in reality. The rest are conspiracy theories run amok.

freshchris05
6/5/2006, 05:01 PM

Do you want me to go on?

maybe... but first what forum is this anyway... oh yeah its the soonerfans.com football forum which is about what?? thats right football... save the rest for cnn, im sorry u dont know the difference between hatred in sports and hatred around the world...

i dont know what gets under your skin when i say "i hate texas", "f*ck texas" and so on, and so on... football is a passion of mine and with passion comes intense emotions... deal with it... any one else understand what i'm sayin???

Herr Scholz
6/5/2006, 05:05 PM
i dont know what gets under your skin when i say "i hate texas", "f*ck texas" and so on, and so on... football is a passion of mine and with passion comes intenxe emotions... deal with it... any one else understand what i'm sayin???
Just save some for the season. ;) You probably have excess though.

freshchris05
6/5/2006, 05:07 PM

Yeah alot of excess b/c last year i didn't fufill my quota i was too busy in the bathroom puking...

Snrfn4ever08
6/5/2006, 06:05 PM
maybe... but first what forum is this anyway... oh yeah its the soonerfans.com football forum which is about what?? thats right football... save the rest for cnn, im sorry u dont know the difference between hatred in sports and hatred around the world...

i dont know what gets under your skin when i say "i hate texas", "f*ck texas" and so on, and so on... football is a passion of mine and with passion comes intense emotions... deal with it... any one else understand what i'm sayin???

get him:cool:

Jello Biafra
6/5/2006, 06:18 PM

Do you want me to go on?

please do......just somewhere else.

your monicker should be changed from footballfanatic to teabagg lover after that tirade...... here, have some more orange.

Jello Biafra
6/5/2006, 06:20 PM

don't worry mangravy sipper, we gots plenty for you comin soon :)

soonerhubs
6/6/2006, 10:24 AM
Heh! I like that.

OUmillenium
6/6/2006, 10:32 AM
I could shake a Texan's hand...well more like lift it up and drop it 3 times to see if Dusty D's sleeper-hold was locked in.
:texan:

footballfanatic
6/6/2006, 05:56 PM
Sure, go on. Only your terrorist and tribal comments have any basis in reality. The rest are conspiracy theories run amok.

Conspiracy theories? There is no theory about Enron. Those bastards tried to get away with everything they could, then feigned ignorance. I hope those two rot in prison.

And it doesn't take much digging to see that the our auto industry has been ignoring obvious signs about conservation for around 40 years.

I'm as passionate about anyone here about college football--I've just never understood the hatred for other teams and their fans. For every jerk out there (and there are plenty) there are thirty normal people who love the game.

Jello Biafra
6/6/2006, 08:43 PM
Conspiracy theories? There is no theory about Enron. Those bastards tried to get away with everything they could, then feigned ignorance. I hope those two rot in prison.

yeh. you're right. write your congressman/woman. noone here has the stroke to change it. they had a friggin congressional hearing on it and did little to nothing about it. you think anyone gives a fat, flea infested, hantavirus carrying sewer rats *** about it here? we're here to bag on opponents, beat our chests about our school and carry the pack mentality to the furthest reaches that a message board can get away with. let's get back to it. I had a freaking waitress in a diner talking sh*t to me literally 45 minutes ago. the kicker???? she is 15 and her cousin "plays" on the team although he is "like 5'9" or so and about 170 lbs " I wanted to say "BITCH!?!?!? go get my damn hamburger and shut up" but she prolly woulda spit in my schtuff. I was picturing horatio sans in Road trip...
ok. i can deal with a bunch of stuff but when a 15 year old waitress who is likely training for her big break at hooters and is more likely that not, able to spell football, is talking smack to me about texas, I draw the line. THEY my good sir, can rot. Her dad didn't know the meaning of masturbate the last texas sniffed a NC much less play in one and she wanted to bet me a cheeseburger that they(texas) would win THIS year. This is why i like total and complete domination from opening kickoff to the final gun just so you can stand on their throats the whole game and leave them with zero doubt.......

And it doesn't take much digging to see that the our auto industry has been ignoring obvious signs about conservation for around 40 years.

yeh since they own nearly every patent that has to do with alternative energy. what can ya do about that? buy them out? im thinkin that won't happen so quick. they are going to drain the earth of natural resources and juuuust about the time that happens, this great new alternative fuel will come along an guess what?!?!?! the oil companies will own your soul again.
for those of us in the military B O H I C A.......

I'm as passionate about anyone here about college football--I've just never understood the hatred for other teams and their fans. For every jerk out there (and there are plenty) there are thirty normal people who love the game.[/QUOTE]

75% of the talk on message boards are just that. talk.

learn to decipher real from fake.

TJKDone
6/6/2006, 11:43 PM
This is why i like total and complete domination from opening kickoff to the final gun just so you can stand on their throats the whole game and leave them with zero doubt........

Jello OU won't do that to UAB, how will it happen against us?

Hook'em

shavedmarmoset
6/7/2006, 12:47 PM
OU/TX is just a rival game people.

It's not a game........it's a way of life.

Hook 'em

Luthor
6/7/2006, 01:12 PM
Don't worry about it too much. We like being hated. It keeps us warm at night and reinforces all those rumors about our colossal arrogance.

Jello Biafra
6/7/2006, 05:02 PM
Jello OU won't do that to UAB, how will it happen against us?

Hook'em

riiiiight because it hasn't happened for us before right? do me a favor milt, look up the biggest *** whippins in the series and tell me what you find.......

Jello Biafra
6/7/2006, 05:04 PM
Don't worry about it too much. We like being hated. It keeps us warm at night and reinforces all those rumors about our colossal arrogance.

we KNOW you like being hated. what YOU don't know is we laugh at you as well as cuss you. when it comes to the teams in texas, you have a background in football....when you step outside of your state, with the big boys, you guys have very little to stand as far as football history goes which is why the rest of the country loathes you asss munchers...

TJKDone
6/7/2006, 05:26 PM
riiiiight because it hasn't happened for us before right?

Not when you are at the level you are presently

do me a favor milt, look up the biggest *** whippins in the series and tell me what you find...?

You guys were great from 2000-2003. You haven't been on that level the last two years. I know you like to shock jock, beat your chest and insult every Longhorn momma there ever was, but do you really believe that given

frosh DT's
average to good DB's
Questionable OL
No One to speak of behind AP

Stoops will overcome it all and really dominate?

That is an awful lot of ?'s to be ranked in the top 5 pre season.

Hook'em

Jello Biafra
6/7/2006, 05:31 PM
Not when you are at the level you are presently

You guys were great from 2000-2003. You haven't been on that level the last two years. I know you like to shock jock, beat your chest and insult every Longhorn momma there ever was, but do you really believe that given

frosh DT's
average to good DB's
Questionable OL
No One to speak of behind AP

Stoops will overcome it all and really dominate?

That is an awful lot of ?'s to be ranked in the top 5 pre season.

Hook'em

because stoops has absolutely NOTHING to stand on when it comes to coaching teams right? well lets look at it this way spanky, texas has a nc for the first time since christ was a corporal, brown has been coaching since stoops was in middle school and stoops has more rings with you guys holding the talent advantage for the entire time stoops has been here. now whut?

hide and watch. someone is going to be beat by 14+ ill let you know the last week on september which team it will be....

btw, yer motha!

TJKDone
6/7/2006, 06:24 PM
because stoops has absolutely NOTHING to stand on when it comes to coaching teams right? well lets look at it this way spanky, texas has a nc for the first time since christ was a corporal, brown has been coaching since stoops was in middle school and stoops has more rings with you guys holding the talent advantage for the entire time stoops has been here. now whut?

Stoops is a great coach, but he has been a HC only at an elite school. I think he is the only reason you guys have a prayer in heck of being above mediocre. Had Stoops had to start his HC carreer at the likes of App St. and North Carolina, he wouldn't have as high a win percentage as he does. Mack's record and accomplishments in Horn land are very comparable to Stoops at OU.

That being said, if Stoops and Co have even very few bad breaks, you guys are not going to be able to will your way through them. A lot of question marks...

[/QUOTE]btw, yer motha[/QUOTE]

That is more like it Mr. Biafra

Hook'em

Jello Biafra
6/7/2006, 06:35 PM
Stoops is a great coach, but he has been a HC only at an elite school.

ummm he's only been a head coach once. elite or not, only once.

I think he is the only reason you guys have a prayer in heck of being above mediocre. Had Stoops had to start his HC carreer at the likes of App St. and North Carolina, he wouldn't have as high a win percentage as he does. Mack's record and accomplishments in Horn land are very comparable to Stoops at OU.
umm yeh true. but guess what......north carolina had good teams under brown. the reason he left was because he could never win the big game. hrrrrm that sounds familiar. we're not even arguing winning pct. brown isn't even in the same zip code much less ballpark with win pct. period. theres no way to compare them. brown came in with the cupboard full of talent. stoops came in with talent but a team that had been so dreadfully bad for half a decade that he had serious rebuilding to do.

That being said, if Stoops and Co have even very few bad breaks, you guys are not going to be able to will your way through them. A lot of question marks...

we had several bad breaks last year and we dropped off an 8 win season which was a desert hunching away from 9 wins. if we go undefeated every three years with a 9 win season peppered in, im ok with it.

btw, yer motha

seriously, she owes me money ho! tell her im comin.

Hook'em[/QUOTE]

Dances with Possums
6/7/2006, 08:44 PM
It's funny ... you guys hate Texas, yet your starting QB, RB etc... ARE Texans.

TJKDone
6/7/2006, 09:17 PM
ummm he's only been a head coach once. elite or not, only once.

umm yeh true. but guess what......north carolina had good teams under brown. the reason he left was because he could never win the big game. hrrrrm that sounds familiar. we're not even arguing winning pct. brown isn't even in the same zip code much less ballpark with win pct. period. theres no way to compare them. brown came in with the cupboard full of talent. stoops came in with talent but a team that had been so dreadfully bad for half a decade that he had serious rebuilding to do.

we had several bad breaks last year and we dropped off an 8 win season which was a desert hunching away from 9 wins. if we go undefeated every three years with a 9 win season peppered in, im ok with it.

seriously, she owes me money ho! tell her im comin.

Hook'em[/QUOTE]

North Carolina became good under Brown. They were not on the map before he got there. They had never had the kind of success they had under him in the last 2 seasons he was there. Look at what they have done since he left.

Stoops would be considered a whole lot less of a big game coach if his first gig was somewhere like Okie Lite ala Jimmy Johnson. True that Stoops has kicked butt in his first shot as a head coach, but not everyone gets to coach at a legacy program in there first shot. Stoops at Rice would produce a lot of hard fought 6-5, 7-4, etc. seasons. That is the point on winning percentage.

He didn't win against FSU because they were an established NC contender with one of the greatest coaches in CFB history. FSU was a lot better than UNC always, but he closed a gap that was once the size of the grand canyon to the point where the games were competitive and winable. Think about how this sounds North Carolina, the basketball school with 1/80th the in state talent pool and national reputation of a place like FSU, beating FSU & Bobby Bowden?*&*& That is the only knock I find on Brown not winning the big game. That isn't a knock...Stoops couldn't have done it. Heck Tom Landry couldn't have.

OU's cupboard wasn't hardly bare when Stoops got there. John Blake's one redeeming quality was recruiting. I think OU had more talent when Stoops arrived than we did with the passionless John Mackovic(that guy sucked at both recruiting and motivation. I actually think he was worse than Blake, though that is a mouthful). Roy Williams, Rocky Calmus...No way it is even close to true that Stoops had nothing to work with. That ain't right Jello, but I think you know that.

My point isn't that Stoops has nothing to do with over coming potential question marks, but even the best coaches can't overcome them all. Too many of the same reasons you guys only won 8 games still exist to expect that "everything" will fall into place.

Hook'em

XingTheRubicon
6/7/2006, 09:29 PM
It's funny ... you guys hate Texas, yet your starting QB, RB etc... ARE Texans.

Actually, it reads SOONERS on their jerseys. They're Sooners.

Thanks for your help, we'll let you know who we need.

TJKDone
6/7/2006, 09:41 PM
Actually, it reads SOONERS on their jerseys. They're Sooners.

Thanks for your help, we'll let you know who we need.

Come on now rubi...you know without a good number of really good texans you guys are in trouble. Haven't gotten, or should I say kept, enough lately though. Doesn't look like it will change this year to me.

Hook'em

Jello Biafra
6/7/2006, 11:24 PM
My point isn't that Stoops has nothing to do with over coming potential question marks, but even the best coaches can't overcome them all. Too many of the same reasons you guys only won 8 games still exist to expect that "everything" will fall into place.

Hook'ers

that azz pimp nickLACHEzepp won't agree to this but i'll give stoops a few more years at the helm before we start sending century 21 to his house to put up the signs.

this is his 7 year and he has one 8-4 season under his belt. switzer had 3 of those in a 16 year career.
bud had 3 in a 17 year career.
if stoops stays the same amount of time and accomplishes the same things, im cool with it. :)

I suspect we'll be on this very message board in 10 years talking about stoops winning his 3rd national championship and you hose hounds looking to fire chriss sims as your offensive co-ordinator after yet another thumping in dallas.

soonerhubs
6/7/2006, 11:51 PM
that azz pimp nickLACHEzepp won't agree to this but i'll give stoops a few more years at the helm before we start sending century 21 to his house to put up the signs.

this is his 7 year and he has one 8-4 season under his belt. switzer had 3 of those in a 16 year career.
bud had 3 in a 17 year career.
if stoops stays the same amount of time and accomplishes the same things, im cool with it. :)

I suspect we'll be on this very message board in 10 years talking about stoops winning his 3rd national championship and you hose hounds looking to fire chriss sims as your offensive co-ordinator after yet another thumping in dallas.
I feel good about this post.

GDC
6/8/2006, 07:50 AM
I feel good about this post.

Jello is one of the best posters on here. Since "the man" shackled my Texas-hating Jello has carried the flag nicely.

Scott D
6/8/2006, 07:53 AM
Come on now rubi...you know without a good number of really good texans you guys are in trouble. Haven't gotten, or should I say kept, enough lately though. Doesn't look like it will change this year to me.

Hook'em

And your point would be what? Oh wait, you are a Whorn...you have no point.

Suck It! (if he can say that gay tag I can say this)

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 09:48 AM

Technically you're correct, but aren't you forgetting that 7-5 season Stoops had in '99? Brown hasn't won less than 9 games for the past ten years. Stoops has done it twice in the last seven.

Isn't this Stoops' 8th upcoming season as OU coach? '99-'06?

tnobis60
6/8/2006, 10:05 AM
If you are far superior to Texans and Texas, how about this. You field a team comprised of players born in Oklahoma and we will field a team from players born in Texas. We will see who wins?

Your tradition only exists because of Texas, remeber that. Without us, you are nothing. So enjoy your season and whatever wins you may get, or should I say, wins that we have allowed you to have.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 10:27 AM
If you are far superior to Texans and Texas, how about this. You field a team comprised of players born in Oklahoma and we will field a team from players born in Texas. We will see who wins?

Your tradition only exists because of Texas, remeber that. Without us, you are nothing. So enjoy your season and whatever wins you may get, or should I say, wins that we have allowed you to have.

Oklahoma is a better football program than Texas.

This must really hurt your feelings.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/8/2006, 10:34 AM

If you'll field a team using coaches that aren't former Sooners.

tnobis60
6/8/2006, 10:34 AM
No, it does not hurt my feelings because I don't believe it to be true. It is your opinion.

However, a FACT it that OU needs players from Texas to have a good football team. That is FACT.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/8/2006, 10:43 AM
No, it does not hurt my feelings because I don't believe it to be true. It is your opinion.

However, a FACT it that OU needs players from Texas to have a good football team. That is FACT.

It's also a FACT that Texas needs former Sooners to coach them over the hump.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 11:44 AM

Football

OU>UT
Everyone on the planet (including other horns on this board)

UT>OU
you

Having limited intelligence is no excuse. Ask someone that cares for you explain what this means.

BajaOklahoma
6/8/2006, 11:52 AM
I have lived in Tejas for almost 17 years. I am not a Tejan, nor will I ever be. Most of the people I know here are not from Tejas originally, which is hard for some Tejans to believe.
More and more of the young people in our area are looking to other schools as their first choice, which is a big change over the last 17 years.

soonerhubs
6/8/2006, 11:54 AM
I personally would love to live in Texas (it's closer to Oklahoma than Utah, you guys!). As long as living there included a regular commute up to Memorial Stadium and Dallas every fall.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 12:00 PM
I have lived in Tejas for almost 17 years. I am not a Tejan, nor will I ever be.
We'll still gladly take your hard earned money. Property taxes go up much this year? Thanks, we appreciate those too.

Most of the people I know here are not from Tejas originally, which is hard for some Tejans to believe.
Yes, people come for jobs. You?

Scott D
6/8/2006, 12:04 PM

it's a fact that you talk too much and say too little...just like most other whorns.

freshchris05
6/8/2006, 02:14 PM
just like an aggy they use moral victories by saying "u win with texan players" but if they are willing to leave texas, or "heaven" as some of u sh*t kickers treat it as, to come to a small, uneducated state full of dirt thieves, then it cant be all that bad here...

it's a matter of opinion if OU is better than texas?? no its a matter of history... u whorns are stupid f*cks and i hope texas is signed over to mexico so we can come down and kick ur a**es in futbol americano... get real... u guys own the overall record against us, so stick with that, its easier to hang ur hat on something u really do own...

oh yeah god bless america and f*ck texas...

TJKDone
6/8/2006, 02:51 PM
Football

OU>UT
Everyone on the planet (including other horns on this board)

UT>OU
you

Having limited intelligence is no excuse. Ask someone that cares for you explain what this means.

Another fact...Barry Switzer's National Championships were equaled by the number of times the NCAA investigated OU during his tenure there.

And another...UT has more victories alltime than OU.

And another...you haven't polled anyone outside of Ardmore, so don't claim that you have. It is obvious to anyone.

Hook'em

Redshirt
6/8/2006, 02:52 PM
Let's be clear about this. We do not hate Texas. We hate the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.

GDC
6/8/2006, 02:54 PM
Let's be clear about this. We do not hate Texas. We hate the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.

yep

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 03:05 PM
What about the Sooner fans who gas up right before the Texas border on the RRS weekend, refuse to spend a dollar in Texas and shoot the bird at the state line? I've heard plenty of those stories.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 03:10 PM
Another fact...Barry Switzer's National Championships were equaled by the number of times the NCAA investigated OU during his tenure there.

And another...UT has more victories alltime than OU.

And another...you haven't polled anyone outside of Ardmore, so don't claim that you have. It is obvious to anyone.

Hook'em

Do you really want to debate this? Are you ignorant or just bored?

Show me one objective source that rates Texico above OU in as an all time football program. Show me one. I can show you ten from across the country that show the opposite. Can you?

Then STFU.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 03:12 PM
What about the Sooner fans who gas up right before the Texas border on the RRS weekend, refuse to spend a dollar in Texas and shoot the bird at the state line? I've heard plenty of those stories.

Woody Hayes does it and it's legendary, OU fans do it and were provincial a-holes. ;)

I like to keep my money in the United States, personally.

GDC
6/8/2006, 03:18 PM
Thank god this board still has Xing, Jello, Harry, among others. :texan: SUCCS

TJKDone
6/8/2006, 03:21 PM
Do you really want to debate this? Are you ignorant or just bored?

Show me one objective source that rates Texico above OU in as an all time football program. Show me one. I can show you ten from across the country that show the opposite. Can you?

Then STFU.

Rubi...Do you know how many seconds it took to find this:

http://www.cfrc.com/Archives/Top_Programs_2005.htm

Hook'em

Scott D
6/8/2006, 03:31 PM

Hook'em

probably more seconds than it took anyone here to not care that you went looking for anything

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 03:41 PM

Hook'em

Michigan has 2 NC's and they're 2, USC has 7 NC's and they're 6. Sweet, you found the NC's doesn't matter poll.

OU>UT Deal with it.

TJKDone
6/8/2006, 04:04 PM
Michigan has 2 NC's and they're 2, USC has 7 NC's and they're 6. Sweet, you found the NC's doesn't matter poll.

OU>UT Deal with it.

That response has far too little surface area to get all the egg off your face.

LMAO...Find me one objective source...No No wait that isn't good enough...

When you get outside of Altus people think a bit differently.

Hook'em

Jello Biafra
6/8/2006, 04:08 PM

that'd be me :) so....you can't whoop me........

you suck. we rock....stick it in yer azz

Jello Biafra
6/8/2006, 04:12 PM

Hook'em

so you guys have been playing football longer than oklahoma has been a state. congrats. we still kick your *** in every major stat other than head to head. now eat your penisbutter and jelly sandwich and STFU!

TJKDone
6/8/2006, 04:13 PM

Jello...send some IQ points to rubi. "Deal with it" equals intelligent sarcasm only in Frederick.

Hook'em

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 04:17 PM

So, you disagree with Redshirt's theory here, yes?

Personally, I've heard too many disparaging remarks about the state of Texas from the Sooner fanbase to buy it. I just think it's a convenient argument deflection from some Sooners to keep the Texas recruits coming.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 04:19 PM
so you guys have been playing football longer than oklahoma has been a state. congrats. we still kick your *** in every major stat other than head to head. now eat your penisbutter and jelly sandwich and STFU!
Texas started playing football in 1893, OU in 1895. Not a huge discrepancy. You simply discount the head to head stat because you weren't good before 1950. Simple as that.

You don't beat us in every stat. We're 3rd in all-time wins behind Michigan and Notre Dame. OU is barely in the top 10 in that one.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2006, 04:21 PM
Jello...send some IQ points to rubi. "Deal with it" equals intelligent sarcasm only in Frederick.

Hook'em

never been to frederick. I have been to ft hood and picked up a texas fan in an army bar many moons ago. had my freinds video tape us in the barracks on my OU throwblanket.

admit it dude. you guys fear us.......your parent's loathe us...........your girlfriends want us.............

the fact that you are on an OU board talking to people about how dominant your team is and then throwing out IQ smack.....................anyone else smell the irony?

go away bish ya bothering my experience. don't you have a f*cking menudo concert or something to see?

Jello Biafra
6/8/2006, 04:25 PM
So, you disagree with Redshirt's theory here, yes?

Personally, I've heard too many disparaging remarks about the state of Texas from the Sooner fanbase to buy it. I just think it's a convenient argument deflection from some Sooners to keep the Texas recruits coming.

no. i hate everyone that is not an OU fan in my family or freinds or i don't work with bish......

since i don't know you, you aren't paying my mortgage and we ain't hunchin, you're wearin on my last nerve....

you pudpuffers aren't going to get a straight answer out of me tonight. just one of those days....

Jello Biafra
6/8/2006, 04:30 PM
Texas started playing football in 1893, OU in 1895. Not a huge discrepancy. You simply discount the head to head stat because you weren't good before 1950. Simple as that.

You don't beat us in every stat. We're 3rd in all-time wins behind Michigan and Notre Dame. OU is barely in the top 10 in that one.

oddly enough, thats when EVERYONE in the world except texas recognizes the "modern era" of football hrrrrm................

did you look up the fact that ou had a total of 10 football games under their belt from 1895 to 1900? wow......... my son's 8 year old football team had more games than that in one season....

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 04:36 PM
no. i hate everyone that is not an OU fan in my family or freinds or i don't work with bish......
Not buying it.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 04:38 PM
oddly enough, thats when EVERYONE in the world except texas recognizes the "modern era" of football hrrrrm................

Really? The only time I've ever heard that term in conjunction with 1950 is from Sooners. Got anything to back you up on that? Everyone in the world huh? :D How about one link? Should be easy enough.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2006, 04:40 PM

Hook'em

National Championships - OU
Conference Championships - OU
Heisman winners - OU
Butkus winners - OU
Lombardi and so on... - OU
Weeks ranked at #1 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 2 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 3 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 4 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 5 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 6 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 7 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 8 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 9 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 10 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 11 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 12 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 13 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 14 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 15 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 16 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 17 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 18 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 19 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 20 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 21 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 22 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 23 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 24 - OU
Weeks ranked in the top 25 - OU
Longest winning streak - OU
Least naive arrogance -OU
Top 25 final rankings - OU
Top 24 final rankings - OU
Top 23 final rankings - OU
Top 22 final rankings - OU
Top 21 final rankings - OU
Top 20 final rankings - OU
Top 19 final rankings - OU
Top 18 final rankings - OU
Top 17 final rankings - OU
Top 16 final rankings - OU
Top 15 final rankings - OU
Top 14 final rankings - OU
Top 13 final rankings - OU
Top 12 final rankings - OU
Top 11 final rankings - OU
Top 10 final rankings - OU
Top 9 final rankings - OU
Top 8 final rankings - OU
Top 7 final rankings - OU
Top 6 final rankings - OU
Top 5 final rankings - OU
Top 4 final rankings - OU
Top 3 final rankings - OU
Top 2 final rankings - OU
Top 1 final rankings - OU

Facts suck when you're a lesser program.

STFU.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 04:54 PM
I see a lot of people using the term "modern era of college football" but haven't yet found one to say it started in 1950 (except for a Sooner of course). For EVERYONE IN THE WORLD to think that, yet there be no supporting evidence is a little disconcerting, no?

Hall of Fame Exhibit Celebrates 100th Anniversary of the Forward Pass

“Most football fans have no idea as to the peril in which college football found itself 100 years ago,” said Hall of Fame curator Kent Stephens. “The adaptation of the forward pass was a revolutionary and highly controversial idea that went against the basic concept of how the game was played. Many argue that this is when college football entered into its modern era.”
http://www.collegefootball.org/news.php?id=794

This guy also doesn't consider 1950 to be the modern era:

The 'Canes and the Seminoles are meeting for the third time in 11 months including last year's savage contest on New Year's night in the Orange Bowl, played, appropriately, at Pro Player Stadium instead of the Orange Bowl. The state of Florida has blessed both rosters with exceptional talent every year and the sheer talent and intensity of the game has transformed it into the best rivalry in the modern era of college football.
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/09/09-02-04tdc/09-02-04dsports-column-01.asp

This guy obviously doesn't talk about OU's winning streak being in the modern era:

Texas racked up the longest winning streak in school history from 1968-70 before it was snapped by Notre Dame. No. 1 USC already cleared that hurdle a couple of weeks ago in South Bend, Ind., and is now entering rare air, especially for a team in the modern era of college football.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=29629

Herr Scholz
6/8/2006, 05:05 PM
Ouch right here. No love for the 47-game winning streak again.

No team in the modern era of college football has won three straight major national championships.

If USC accomplishes the feat, it would cap maybe the greatest run in college football history. Eleven teams in NCAA history have won at least 30 straight games, but only one, Miami, has done so in the last 30 years.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=11361

freshchris05
6/8/2006, 07:30 PM
just like an aggy they use moral victories by saying "u win with texan players" but if they are willing to leave texas, or "heaven" as some of u sh*t kickers treat it as, to come to a small, uneducated state full of dirt thieves, then it cant be all that bad here...

it's a matter of opinion if OU is better than texas?? no its a matter of history... u whorns are stupid f*cks and i hope texas is signed over to mexico so we can come down and kick ur a**es in futbol americano... get real... u guys own the overall record against us, so stick with that, its easier to hang ur hat on something u really do own...

oh yeah god bless america and f*ck texas...

this ain't a rodeo so whats up with all the bullsh*t???

UT?

Ranks higher than OU in greatest programs in college football history??

Incorrect. I'm sorry but the answer is sucks we would have also accepted f*ckin sucks...

U guys not read my earlier post?? u own the rivalry series lead... stick with that it makes you still seem respectable... when u say it's debatable that UT is a better program than OU is like debating that pink is more of a masculine color than blue, sure the basis of the question is opinion but b*tch please... i'd go on but i wanna know what u think...

lets hear the responses

f*ck texas

Dances with Possums
6/8/2006, 11:46 PM
this ain't a rodeo so whats up with all the bullsh*t???

UT?

Ranks higher than OU in greatest programs in college football history??

Incorrect. I'm sorry but the answer is sucks we would have also accepted f*ckin sucks...

U guys not read my earlier post?? u own the rivalry series lead... stick with that it makes you still seem respectable... when u say it's debatable that UT is a better program than OU is like debating that pink is more of a masculine color than blue, sure the basis of the question is opinion but b*tch please... i'd go on but i wanna know what u think...

lets hear the responses

f*ck texas

We just think its funny that

a) you claim to hate Texas and Texans
b) you claim that OU has a greater place in college football history than Texas
c) we point out that OU would not have won anything of note, ever, without Texans filling its roster and that many of the greatest players in OU history are Texans that
d) you claim that c) is insignificant, completely overlooking a)

picasso
6/9/2006, 12:04 AM
Ouch right here. No love for the 47-game winning streak again.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=11361
it get's plenty of love. believe me.

sooner94
6/9/2006, 12:04 AM
Here is a multiple choice question:

A Texas fan has over 8,000 posts at OU's message board. Which statement is true?

A) That person has too much time on their hands.
B) That person is jealous of OU football.
C) That person has blisters on his hands from engaging in acts of "self love" while looking at pictures of cattle.
D) That person is living in the moment because the Texas football team just won its first national championship in over 30 years, and will have to wait another 30+ years.
E) All of the above.

picasso
6/9/2006, 12:07 AM
Here is a multiple choice question:

A Texas fan has over 8,000 posts at OU's message board. Which statement is true?

A) That person has too much time on their hands.
B) That person is jealous of OU football.
C) That person has blisters on his hands from engaging in acts of "self love" while looking at pictures of cattle.
D) That person is living in the moment because the Texas football team just won its first national championship in over 30 years, and will have to wait another 30+ years.
E) All of the above.
yeah but 7 quid of that is establishing his wood for Dubya.

freshchris05
6/9/2006, 11:09 AM
We just think its funny that

a) you claim to hate Texas and Texans
b) you claim that OU has a greater place in college football history than Texas
c) we point out that OU would not have won anything of note, ever, without Texans filling its roster and that many of the greatest players in OU history are Texans that
d) you claim that c) is insignificant, completely overlooking a)

a) I hate UT not Texas(how many times does this have to get explained)
b) OU does have a greater place in college footbal history than Texas
c) If texas was on OU's level then ur players probably wouldn't leave
d) I claim that it is very aggy for you f*ggots to try to claim a moral victory by saying that we use texan players.... WAKE UP everyone uses texan players texas is a very populated state, and being southwest and not west coast football is more popular than basketball as in california...

and e) f*ck texas

freshchris05
6/9/2006, 11:11 AM
you monkeys keep flingin sh*t and ill fling it back

f*ck texas

GDC
6/9/2006, 11:42 AM
FPOMF:D Hook 'em :texan: :mack: