PDA

View Full Version : OK Athletes

jccouger
6/3/2006, 05:37 PM
I was loking around Rivals and did a search for athletes for the class of 2007. There were only 15 players ranked, but 5 of them are from the state of Oklahoma.

De'von Bailey from Lawton
Gerald Jones from Millwood in OKC
Danny Knighton from Tulsa
Rell Lweis from Muskogee
Devin Reed from Jenks

How many of these kids have we offered? And how many of them are really interested in coming to OU?

Just a side note, but 8 of the other 15 athletes are from Texas.

The Consumate Showman
6/3/2006, 11:36 PM
I think that so far, all we have offered out of that group is Gerald Jones. I don't know about him, though. He kind of sends a mixed vibe when you read his articles in the DO. He acts like OU is just a school he has on his list and may or may not seriously consider. I think he's a good athlete, but I don't know about our chances of getting him and if push comes to shove, we may pass him up if he can't make up his mind early.

One recruit that I have had my eye on is Michael Harris out of Booker T. in Tulsa. He has an adequate frame and size at 5'9" 190 lbs, but his 40 time down at aTm's Nike training camp was a reported 4.46! I haven't seen him play, but I plan on going and watching this kid. Maybe we'll offer him soon, he has OU on his short list.....

Soonerfan1993
7/3/2006, 10:17 PM
OU is only going to take 15 guys in this entire recruiting class with 5 already committed and 1 of the remaining 10 will go to a PK most likely.

OUT of Oklahoma they have offered OLB Austin Box-Committed, DE Jontae Bumpus-Committed, OT Matt Romine(Likely OU) and ATH Gerald Jones(probably won't go to OU because of lack of playing time right away).

The Consumate Showman
7/4/2006, 12:43 AM
OU is only going to take 15 guys in this entire recruiting class with 5 already committed and 1 of the remaining 10 will go to a PK most likely.

OUT of Oklahoma they have offered OLB Austin Box-Committed, DE Jontae Bumpus-Committed, OT Matt Romine(Likely OU) and ATH Gerald Jones(probably won't go to OU because of lack of playing time right away).

Wow. Thanks for all of those 2 month old updates. Come back when you're more current with your info...

snp
7/5/2006, 12:06 PM
Heh.