PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists caught in Canada planning OKC type attack...

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2006, 12:32 PM
A terror attack potentially three times more devastating than the Oklahoma City bombing has been averted, the RCMP alleged Saturday.

A counterterrorism sweep Friday resulted in the largest arrest ever made by the nation's anti-terrorism forces and raised, for the first time, the spectre of homegrown terrorists striking Canadians from within our borders.

Police have recovered three tonnes of ammonium nitrate fertilizer in the raids. Commissioner McDonell noted that this amount was three times the amount used by Timothy McVeigh to destroy the federal building in Oklahoma City in 1995.

Ammonium nitrate/fuel oil mixtures have occasionally been used for improvised bombs, most infamously in the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols on April 19, 1995.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060603.wwarrants0603_3/BNStory/National/home

slickdawg
6/3/2006, 12:41 PM
The date on this was June 2 - why didn't the US media report it?

walkoffsooner
6/3/2006, 12:42 PM
Good job mounties.

swardboy
6/3/2006, 12:47 PM
Charged are Fahim Ahmad, 21, of Toronto; Zakaria Amara, 20, of Mississauga; Asad Ansari, 21, of Mississauga; Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, of Mississauga; Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, of Mississauga; Mohammed Dirie, 22, of Kingston; Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, of Kingston; Jahmaal James, 23, of Toronto; Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, of Toronto; Steven Vikash Chand (alias Abdul Shakur), 25, of Toronto; Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, of Mississauga; and Saad Khalid, 19, of Mississauga.

Oh yeah, those are typical Canadian names......

Penguin
6/3/2006, 12:52 PM
Oh, no. We're not worried about Muslim terrorists. We need to concentrate on keeping wetbacks out of America. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2006, 12:58 PM

They Report, They Decide.

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2006, 01:01 PM
What is amazing is how blind the canucks are too all this stuff. The CBC actually had a news opinion person calling for the complete withdrawl of all Canadian forces from AFGANISTAN because it is a wrong war (insert liberal anti-war garbage here).

Amazing stuff. Complete head-in-the-sand thinking up there in the media. No wonder they like to speak French.

lefty
6/3/2006, 02:46 PM

The date on the RCMP news release is June 3. I guess they're also part of the "Liberal Media."

Scott D
6/3/2006, 04:24 PM
this thread offends me because it doesn't mention the police raid in London yesterday.

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2006, 04:35 PM
is it impossible to be concerned about terrorist AND the "wetbacks?"

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2006, 04:56 PM
Terrorists, "wetbacks", drug runners, etc., I'm an equal opportunity slam the door on the border kind of guy. Nobody should have free reign to walk across our border at any time they feel the urge.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 06:03 PM
What is amazing is how blind the canucks are too all this stuff. The CBC actually had a news opinion person calling for the complete withdrawl of all Canadian forces from AFGANISTAN because it is a wrong war (insert liberal anti-war garbage here).

Amazing stuff. Complete head-in-the-sand thinking up there in the media. No wonder they like to speak French.

What amazes me is how the blind canucks have now managed to apprehend terrorist, something our intelligence agencies haven't shown the capability to do within our own country ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 06:05 PM
Can't we just build a big wall around the United States and then in 43 years Snake Plissken can attempt to escape...it will be hell of a show!

Penguin
6/3/2006, 06:28 PM
is it impossible to be concerned about terrorist AND the "wetbacks?"

I'm just saying that some people are more worried about Mexicans crossing the border than a homicidal raghead waltzing across the Canadian-North Dakota border.

Heh. Waltzing ragheads. Man, I carck myself up sometimes. :D

MojoRisen
6/3/2006, 09:24 PM
Geospacial Technology with a lazer! :)

Okla-homey
6/3/2006, 09:28 PM
You gotta love thode bacon-eaters up there. They can afford to give free healthcare to all their citizenry b/c they don't have to spend money on national security since they know we're here to defend them. Maybe they'll re-think that a bit now.:eek:

Jerk
6/3/2006, 10:01 PM
Charged are Fahim Ahmad, 21, of Toronto; Zakaria Amara, 20, of Mississauga; Asad Ansari, 21, of Mississauga; Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, of Mississauga; Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, of Mississauga; Mohammed Dirie, 22, of Kingston; Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, of Kingston; Jahmaal James, 23, of Toronto; Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, of Toronto; Steven Vikash Chand (alias Abdul Shakur), 25, of Toronto; Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, of Mississauga; and Saad Khalid, 19, of Mississauga.

Sounds like racial profiling!!!

HoserSooner
6/3/2006, 10:35 PM
You gotta love thode bacon-eaters up there. They can afford to give free healthcare to all their citizenry b/c they don't have to spend money on national security since they know we're here to defend them. Maybe they'll re-think that a bit now.:eek:

National Security? What's that? :D

I'm actually surprised that this hadn't happened long ago. Canada is loooking more and more like Pakistan these days. We are the only country of the 5 that Bin Laden/Al Queda named as their enemies, that has yet to have been hit by a terrorist attack.

While I do take some pride in having a diverse multi-cultural society here, I think that there is such a thing as being too liberal.

(Now where'd I put my godamn plate of bacon....:P )

Okla-homey
6/4/2006, 07:03 AM
National Security? What's that? :D

Although my previous post comes across as dismissive of Canada and Canadians, it was merely meant to point out a fact of life.

You guys aren't alone in that approach by a long shot. The western European social welfare (a/k/a "nanny") states which exist among virtually all the NATO members was only made possible because of the United States and its commitment to their defense.

Since 1945, you hosers and our European cousins have been blessed with a kindly Uncle Sam who all knew could be relied upon to protect you all thus freeing up the funds necessary to finance statutory niceties for the working man such as month-long paid vacations, free college for those who qualified for admission, the aforementioned free healthcare, generous pensions and vast civil service opportunities for smucks who couldn't or wouldn't find work in the private sector.

And France? Don't get me started. Those a$$clowns have been able to reap the blessings of the defensive power and global reach of the US without even joining NATO!

Specifically, the North Atlantic Treaty is a mutual defense pact, but lets be honest; is Holland, Denmark or Italy gonna send troops to help us defend our southern border if the current imbroglio with Mexico turned into a shooting war? I think not.

Sure, most of the NATO states have a military on paper, but with the exception of the German Bundeswehr and the British Army, their land forces were and are little more than a palace guard. Ditto their air and naval forces.

lefty
6/4/2006, 10:28 AM
You guys aren't alone in that approach by a long shot. The western European social welfare (a/k/a "nanny") states which exist among virtually all the NATO members was only made possible because of the United States and its commitment to their defense.
Since 1945, you hosers and our European cousins have been blessed with a kindly Uncle Sam who all knew could be relied upon to protect you all thus freeing up the funds necessary to finance statutory niceties for the working man such as month-long paid vacations, free college for those who qualified for admission, the aforementioned free healthcare, generous pensions and vast civil service opportunities for smucks who couldn't or wouldn't find work in the private sector.

Although the U.S. subsidy to our European cousins probably does allow them to spend proportionately less on the military than do we, they also tax themselves at a higher rate than we do. Hence, the provision of more social services is as much, if not more, the result of self financing than any subsidy provided by us.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1000976_Tax_Fact_05-08-06.pdf

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2006, 10:42 AM
Well, it sure seems to be working out well for France and Germany!

Yumm, double digit unemployment (drool).

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/4/2006, 10:45 AM
Insulting the French and Germans is like making fun of Paris Hilton for being a no talent whore...you feel good about it for a little bit but then you realize how pathetic they are and then you feel kind of sad for them ;)

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2006, 10:49 AM
What amazes me is how the blind canucks have now managed to apprehend terrorist, something our intelligence agencies haven't shown the capability to do within our own country ;)
Well, except for the fact that what you said is wrong ;) , its good to know that the "dark night of fascism" is descending onto Canada, since the RCMP violated the right to privacy that all "freedom fighters" have by monitoring their internet activities.

Imagine the outcry here if such a thing had happened? No doubt the ACLU would spring to the rescue of this "freedom fighting" lot.

StoopTroup
6/4/2006, 03:15 PM
When the US is invaded from the South...

We won't need alot of troops.

Regular Citizens will lock and load up in our trucks and SUV for an "Open Season". I'm pretty sure I can borrow a weeks vacation even if I run out this year. ;)

Okla-homey
6/4/2006, 03:49 PM
Although the U.S. subsidy to our European cousins probably does allow them to spend proportionately less on the military than do we, they also tax themselves at a higher rate than we do. Hence, the provision of more social services is as much, if not more, the result of self financing than any subsidy provided by us.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1000976_Tax_Fact_05-08-06.pdf

The fact is, those entitlements generally didn't exist pre-WWII. They arose afterwards in the shadow of the protective wing of the American eagle. I submit if those states had been compelled to provide for their own defense, particularly versus the USSR, even their exorbitant levels of taxation would not have allowed them to achieve a system in which Hans, Sven, Jaques and Mario get to take a month off each summer and their kids get free university educations if they are smart enough to gain admission to a college. Not to mention free doctorin' and indefinite unemployment benefits.

Now, its become part of their respective national cultures and they can't go back without risking revolution and anarchy.

Fortunately IMHO, our Constitution doesn't include individual rights to education, health care, housing or employment. States have experimented with such schemes, but they have been largely unsuccessful. (See Tennessee's universal healthcare program called "TennCare" which has just about bankrupted the state)

HoserSooner
6/4/2006, 07:53 PM
Apparently they have been watching these guys for some time now.

They had a track of land about a half hour north of here that they were using as a "compound" and reportedly were using the area as a firing range.

Two things about the above statement that just kill me:
1) We have some pretty strict gun laws up here as most of you know. You can't just start firing guns on your own private propery without a neighbour calling the cops (which is what happened).

2) I live in what you might call a very redneck city. The non-white population here (125,000) is maybe 2%. It gets even smaller the further north you go. The town these guys were hanging out in over the winter, has maybe a couple of natives, but that is it. No middle-easterners whatsoever. So what do these guys do? Walk around town in camo outfits! Seriously. 10-15 guys named Abdul walking around a small town of about 800 people wearing combat fatigues. I don't think these guys were all that smart to begin with.

Okla-homey
6/4/2006, 10:10 PM
Apparently they have been watching these guys for some time now.

They had a track of land about a half hour north of here that they were using as a "compound" and reportedly were using the area as a firing range.

Two things about the above statement that just kill me:
1) We have some pretty strict gun laws up here as most of you know. You can't just start firing guns on your own private propery without a neighbour calling the cops (which is what happened).

2) I live in what you might call a very redneck city. The non-white population here (125,000) is maybe 2%. It gets even smaller the further north you go. The town these guys were hanging out in over the winter, has maybe a couple of natives, but that is it. No middle-easterners whatsoever. So what do these guys do? Walk around town in camo outfits! Seriously. 10-15 guys named Abdul walking around a small town of about 800 people wearing combat fatigues. I don't think these guys were all that smart to begin with.

Seriously, and all ribbing aside, good on you boys for rounding-up those bastages, no matter how obvious it seems in hindsight. Those RCMP fellers are the shiz, always have been.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3277/rcmp20parade6hv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/4/2006, 10:10 PM
Terrorists, "wetbacks", drug runners, etc., I'm an equal opportunity slam the door on the border kind of guy. Nobody should have free reign to walk across our border at any time they feel the urge.Yeah, and like only wetbacks and not terrorists, too, come across the southern border.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2006, 06:31 AM
Seriously, and all ribbing aside, good on you boys for rounding-up those bastages, no matter how obvious it seems in hindsight. Those RCMP fellers are the shiz, always have been.

i've attended some training with a few "mounties" in the past........do NOT ever try and outdrink a mountie

just dont

Okla-homey
6/5/2006, 07:57 AM
i've attended some training with a few "mounties" in the past........do NOT ever try and outdrink a mountie

just dont

And they don't drink no Okie 3.2 "near beer" neither.

They have a very impressive history those Mounties. Think about it. Back in the 19c. when they were the North West Mounted Police, the then Canadian HMFIC decided to bring law and order to the lawless and wild Canadian nether regions.

Someone had the bright idea to stick small squads of troopers in scarlet tunics armed only with their trusty revolver and personal courage and post them out in the sticks to tame or arrest all manner of bad guys. They often faced incredible odds. They done good.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2006, 08:37 AM
They do an excellent job at Hockey games as well.

The best thing is when you see one at a Tim Hortons.

OUinFLA
6/5/2006, 10:31 AM
Dudley Do-Right

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/58/97/35m.jpg