PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Texas

SoonerGM
6/3/2006, 11:00 AM
I know this is probably and ignorant question. I have never been to the OU vs Texas game but it looks like I will have the time to do so this year. So my question is, what is the best way to get tickets? Is it already too late, or have they even gone on sale yet?

bstuff1979
6/3/2006, 11:28 AM
The best way to get tickets, if you don't want to take out a loan, is to drive down to Dallas and try and get some scalper tickets before the game. You will more than likely be able to get a hold of a couple right before kickoff for a more reasonable price than you would via ebay or a ticket broker. It should run you around $100-$150 a ticket if you get them right at kickoff or shortly after and there are always folks selling right in front of the Cotton Bowl. It's taking a risk, but it's alot better than shelling out $500 a ticket via ebay. Just be sure to get the tickets on the better side of the 50yd line. Texas sucks.

TheGodfather889
6/3/2006, 12:33 PM
Last night I had a dream that OU lost to Texas in overtime. It felt horrible in the dream. I guess that's how badly I want to beat Texas.

freshchris05
6/3/2006, 01:53 PM
Last night I had a dream that OU lost to Texas in overtime. It felt horrible in the dream. I guess that's how badly I want to beat Texas.

aww gross... did u wake up in vomit??

TheGodfather889
6/3/2006, 03:41 PM
No I didn't vomit. But the dream seemed very real. When I woke up I was thinking NOOOO I don't want to lose. Then I got my composure together and realized it was still summer.

whiteagle
6/3/2006, 03:47 PM
heh. just think happy thoughts. like for instance a healthy AD running over the entire Texas D again. Hook 'em

edit: after readin ur post i watched this and it made me feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rdJ8TWz7wU&search=Oklahoma%20sooners%20Texas

85sooners
6/3/2006, 09:10 PM
Hook 'em bastards

GreaterState
6/3/2006, 11:24 PM
No I didn't vomit. But the dream seemed very real. When I woke up I was thinking NOOOO I don't want to lose. Then I got my composure together and realized it was still summer.

Heh, it's only June and we're already haunting your sleep ... Sweet.

:mack:

1991SOONER
6/4/2006, 12:03 AM
We are going to beat Texas so theres nothing to worry about. No way will they're newbie qb score that many points on our D this year. Question is, will Bomar be up to the task? Hope so. I've read alittle on their forums and they are hoping (and praying probably) that AD will be injured before the RRS.

bstuff1979
6/4/2006, 12:45 AM
hell, it took vince young three years to figure out how to hang with OU and (if you make the mistake of listening to anything oozing out of austin) he's the best quarterback that's ever walked the earth. the only thing that can keep OU from unleashing the omega fury on texas is for john blake and julie goodenough to spawn an unholy crap child that enfuses loss and mediocrity on all things. then that child would then have to attend the game on the OU side of the 50 and sit next to les miles.

XingTheRubicon
6/4/2006, 01:32 AM
Heh, it's only June and we're already haunting your sleep ... Sweet.

:mack:

Fortunately, the dream only occurs every 70 months.

goingoneight
6/4/2006, 03:05 PM
We are going to beat Texas so theres nothing to worry about. No way will they're newbie qb score that many points on our D this year. Question is, will Bomar be up to the task? Hope so. I've read alittle on their forums and they are hoping (and praying probably) that AD will be injured before the RRS.

AD will make the game dynamic, as did many legends through the years, but he's not the reason I believe we'll win. Inexperience at QB, Jamaal Charles was good, but he had a super OL to work with, not so certain about all the hype unless he proves me wrong (which has been done before), I read a few months back that UT would have some major OL problems, now all of a sudden they'll have the best OL in 2006... so my ? is there, also. UT is pretty good about pulling a team together in about three weeks time, but OUr team has matured and solidified many key positions, and I'll take the gambling edge of Stoops over Mack any day.

I won't post a score, but their 2005 backup QB wasn't spectacular, so I can imagine a F or RF being about the same with their offense. Throw in a few more ???'s at RB and OL (which I know I could be wrong on), I know OUr Red/White team could hang with them. AD probably just adds a TD or two more to the board (along with a 'bzillion' yards :D).

RooseveltRoughRider
6/4/2006, 06:35 PM
AD will make the game dynamic, as did many legends through the years, but he's not the reason I believe we'll win. Inexperience at QB, Jamaal Charles was good, but he had a super OL to work with, not so certain about all the hype unless he proves me wrong (which has been done before), I read a few months back that UT would have some major OL problems, now all of a sudden they'll have the best OL in 2006... so my ? is there, also. UT is pretty good about pulling a team together in about three weeks time, but OUr team has matured and solidified many key positions, and I'll take the gambling edge of Stoops over Mack any day.

I won't post a score, but their 2005 backup QB wasn't spectacular, so I can imagine a F or RF being about the same with their offense. Throw in a few more ???'s at RB and OL (which I know I could be wrong on), I know OUr Red/White team could hang with them. AD probably just adds a TD or two more to the board (along with a 'bzillion' yards :D).

Without Question OU should be better this coming season..but to think that Texas game is going to be a walk in the park is insane..Ad is gonna have to play his butt off period. Texas defense will be just as good if not better next season..

Aside from the QB question...every single position on the field is solid. and lets not forget, you had a Freshman QB last year, a injured RB, a porous secondary and O-line..and still finished 8-4 and defeated a Top 5 team in a Bowl Game. To think that Texas with 16 starters from a NC team, Riding a 20+ win streak can't do the same is not being logical. Texas will be very good this year despite popular belief (or wishful thinking). I think the RRS will be a great game this year and both teams have a shot at winnning. And about UT's line problems? Lets just say they will have 3 All-Americans on it this season.

October will give us our answers...until then good luck, monkey-stomp Oregon, and let's watch two undefeated Big XII teams duke it out in Dallas.

Herr Scholz
6/5/2006, 09:50 AM
hell, it took vince young three years to figure out how to hang with OU...
Is that how you would describe last year's game? ;)

Herr Scholz
6/5/2006, 09:53 AM
I read a few months back that UT would have some major OL problems...
Don't know where you heard that, but it couldn't be further from the truth. We have 3 starters back from one of the top 2 OLs from last year plus another OT in Hills who played a lot. We'll again have one of the top OT tandems in the country with Hills and Blalock (Playboy pre-season AA selection) and the interior will still be nasty with Studdard and Sendlein. We're also very deep on the OL.

sooneron
6/5/2006, 11:08 AM
My favorite part is how whorns think G Davis is suddenly God's answer to everything. It's like they never called for his head for 3 straight (or more) years. One amazing player (that can improvise like a banshee) and he's friggin Charlie Weis.

That player is gone, btw.

Herr Scholz
6/5/2006, 11:36 AM
One amazing player (that can improvise like a banshee) ...
Is that how Vince was the first player in the history of college football to throw for 3K yards and rush for 1K? Plays in the sand? He threw for 3K yards simply scrambling around? :D

Vaevictis
6/5/2006, 11:48 AM
Is that how Vince was the first player in the history of college football to throw for 3K yards and rush for 1K? Plays in the sand? He threw for 3K yards simply scrambling around? :D

Well, VY could improvise "like a banshee" as it were.

Of course, I pegged it to the fact that if the play broke down, he moved fast enough that the secondary had to commit to either defending the pass or defending the run before he ever had to cross the line of scrimmage. If they didn't come up to stop him running, he'd cross and run for at least 4-5 yards before anyone could do anything about it, and if they did, well, that's one less man in pass coverage defending, so he can read the guy moving up to defend the run, pull up short and toss into the weakened coverage.

But, I admittedly know little about football. I could be quite wrong on this. :) It's just what I observed.

sooneron
6/5/2006, 12:12 PM
Little theory for you- pocket eventually collapses, Vince rolls out, safeties bite and come up for support= someone open. Not all of his yards were acquired that way, but without his running ability/elusiveness, he has an average season passing-wise. That's a given.
Mack said that they let Vince be Vince, which means they quit trying to make him fit the G Davis system. A system that MANY of you, whorns (yes, you included at times , like ONE year ago) were losing some faith in.
Do I think texas is doomed? No, you have a very solid team that is capable of running the table. Like us, you have two really tough tests this year. Only one of your's is at home. We may have 2 1/2 , being that we travel to atm ( who the hell knows with that one?).
I think it will be a hell of a game this year in D (Thank God it's still there) with the score being pretty tight and low (two very salty defenses). If the over/under is 35, I may take the under.

Herr Scholz
6/5/2006, 12:33 PM
Do I think texas is doomed? No, you have a very solid team that is capable of running the table. Like us, you have two really tough tests this year. Only one of your's is at home. We may have 2 1/2 , being that we travel to atm ( who the hell knows with that one?).
I would add the trip to Lincoln for us as a tough one. We also have to go to Lubbock (that's usually a trap game for us). I could see us losing 2-3 games this year pretty easily. I hope not but you never know with a green QB.

I think it will be a hell of a game this year in D (Thank God it's still there) with the score being pretty tight and low (two very salty defenses). If the over/under is 35, I may take the under.
I agree with all of this. First team to 17 wins! :D

Partial Qualifier
6/5/2006, 12:57 PM
Fortunately, the dream only occurs every 70 months.

ymssra

footballfanatic
6/5/2006, 01:13 PM
Well, VY could improvise "like a banshee" as it were.

Of course, I pegged it to the fact that if the play broke down, he moved fast enough that the secondary had to commit to either defending the pass or defending the run before he ever had to cross the line of scrimmage. If they didn't come up to stop him running, he'd cross and run for at least 4-5 yards before anyone could do anything about it, and if they did, well, that's one less man in pass coverage defending, so he can read the guy moving up to defend the run, pull up short and toss into the weakened coverage.

But, I admittedly know little about football. I could be quite wrong on this. :) It's just what I observed.

Because he was such a running threat, defenses were forced to crowd the line. Often, they would simply ignore their receiver and move to the line--which I believe was the reason Texas got such an easy TD before the half last year.
His throwing did imrove tremendously, but there's no arguement that having a solid line, that provided time, was a big help. Another big help was the emergence of receivers he trusted--he never really hit it off with Roy Williams. I'm looking forward to the game--should be close, but there's a date with OSU before.

Also, can't help but brag--my six-year daughter scored seven goals in her final game this year. She outscored both her team and the opponents all combined for the year. And she does it with a smile on her face. All of you dads out there--share your love of athletics with your children--there's nothing more satisfying. I'll take her game over a RRS victory, though it's close.

footballfanatic
6/5/2006, 01:20 PM
Have to chuckle--I've been posting with OSU fans about our game coming up. I keep telling them the heat on September 9th in the Southwest can be crushing. They keep sending me postings that say the average September temp in Austin is 80 degrees. Any veteran of Big 12 schools can attest, blistering weather can play a BIG roll in games. The RRS can be a real boiler, and that's October.

OUmillenium
6/6/2006, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Herr Scholz]I would add the trip to Lincoln for us as a tough one. We also have to go to Lubbock (that's usually a trap game for us). I could see us losing 2-3 games this year pretty easily. I hope not but you never know with a green QB.

I agree with all of this. First team to 17 wins! :D[/QUOTE

Wow, you do offer some objectivity. Outstanding signoff by the way:)