PDA

View Full Version : What is there to do @ 10am on Saturday in Pauls Valley?

Widescreen
6/2/2006, 10:59 PM
I'm meeting my mom at the halfway point between Allen, TX and Enid, OK to send the kids to grandmas house for the week. Pauls Valley is the midpoint. Are there any exciting activities going on tomorrow morning?

oumartin
6/2/2006, 11:03 PM
Take em to the Garage Sales!

Boarder
6/2/2006, 11:05 PM
Action Figure Museum

King Crimson
6/2/2006, 11:08 PM
Ballards drive-in works for me. milkshake and a beltbuster with chili and jalapenos....

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 11:28 PM
Go and make sure that the Peters clan is pumping out more babies to come to OU ;)

Sooner24
6/2/2006, 11:45 PM
Nita's on main street serves a mean breakfast. The only problem is if you get there at the wrong time you might not get a seat.

Widescreen
6/3/2006, 01:02 AM
Good suggestions all. I'll report back after I've done everything there is to do there.

Okla-homey
6/3/2006, 05:35 AM
Fried Pies! Hot and Fresh. Buy a couple extra to feed the fat zebras at Arbuckle Wilderness.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/862/lzerbraeye3ws.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LoyalFan
6/3/2006, 07:49 AM
Any Adult Video Parlors?

colleyvillesooner
6/3/2006, 08:33 AM
I have family there and there is not much to do.

85Sooner
6/3/2006, 09:49 AM
Tios for mexican food. Great place.

usmc-sooner
6/3/2006, 01:26 PM
get into a shoot out with the local gangsters

I hear them bullets be hot

silverwheels
6/3/2006, 01:37 PM
Go to Sonic.

Wait, that's 10 pm. Sorry.

Widescreen
6/3/2006, 07:23 PM
Well, we ended up meeting my mom at the Phillips 66 station on I-35 and didn't really go into the town itself. For the record, the Phillips station has excellent Aquafina bottled water in case someone else wants to make the trip.

Action Figure Museum
Boarder, I thought you were kidding. That is until we got about 15 miles south of Pauls Valley and saw a billboard advertising the museum (including a huge picture of The Hulk). I told my wife about your post and we both cracked up.
:D

Okla-homey
6/3/2006, 07:31 PM
All the cool kids know you don't stop for refreshment on I-35 south of OKC 'til the Loves at Ardmore. Sheesh.

Widescreen
6/3/2006, 07:52 PM
Which is why I never rated as a cool kid. :(

But we did eat lunch at Ardmore's Interurban.

OUinFLA
6/3/2006, 08:34 PM
did you take the time to register for the "Noodling" tournament that occurs this summer?

Widescreen
6/3/2006, 10:32 PM
No, I'm married.

Oh, you're talking about fishing...

OUinFLA
6/3/2006, 10:34 PM
no I wasn't

Sooner24
6/3/2006, 10:35 PM
Which is why I never rated as a cool kid. :(

But we did eat lunch at Ardmore's Interurban.

You were about 1/2 a mile from my house.

Boarder
6/3/2006, 10:51 PM
Well, we ended up meeting my mom at the Phillips 66 station on I-35 and didn't really go into the town itself. For the record, the Phillips station has excellent Aquafina bottled water in case someone else wants to make the trip.

Boarder, I thought you were kidding. That is until we got about 15 miles south of Pauls Valley and saw a billboard advertising the museum (including a huge picture of The Hulk). I told my wife about your post and we both cracked up.
I was totally trying to help. Ahhh, next time. Now you have a reason to go back.

TopDaugIn2000
6/4/2006, 11:46 AM
crap, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I could have planned out your entire day.

TopDaugIn2000
6/4/2006, 11:48 AM
like for instance the winery that's about to open, and of course the action figure museum. might even get a tour of the bedre chocolate factory and covercraft.

SEE!!!!!! what's better than wine, chocolate, action figures, and car covers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TopDaugIn2000
6/4/2006, 11:54 AM
Nita's on main street serves a mean breakfast. The only problem is if you get there at the wrong time you might not get a seat.

the name was changed to MeMes or something like that. Same people and food, just went up on their prices a little. We go there occasionally for lunch.

Tios for mexican food. Great place.

Tio's is N-A-S-T-Y. I hate that place. Worst mexican food EVAR. When Los Dos Amigos opened there in January Tio's nearly went under. They seemed to have weathered the storm, but sure don't have the traffic they used to have, meanwhile Los Dos is packed any day you go for lunch. We sure as hell haven't been back.

Zbird
6/4/2006, 07:38 PM
the name was changed to MeMes or something like that. Same people and food, just went up on their prices a little. We go there occasionally for lunch.

Get your cholesterol checked!

Tio's is N-A-S-T-Y. I hate that place. Worst mexican food EVAR. When Los Dos Amigos opened there in January Tio's nearly went under. They seemed to have weathered the storm, but sure don't have the traffic they used to have, meanwhile Los Dos is packed any day you go for lunch. We sure as hell haven't been back.
Agreed, Tio's Sucks - Mex place at E side of town by High School isn't bad.

Best place is Bob's Pig Shop - best Salsa and Pico de Gallo in town
Good ribs, Pig sandwich -- Chicken breast on homemade sourdough and...Cold beer!

BajaOklahoma
6/4/2006, 07:47 PM
You have your chance - Widescreen has to pick up the kids next weekend.
So, for the next couple of days, plan the Widescreen family reunion in Pauls Valley. :D

I actually read the first post and he has to get them in a week. :O

TopDaugIn2000
6/4/2006, 08:43 PM
Get your cholesterol checked!

Agreed, Tio's Sucks - Mex place at E side of town by High School isn't bad.

Best place is Bob's Pig Shop - best Salsa and Pico de Gallo in town
Good ribs, Pig sandwich -- Chicken breast on homemade sourdough and...Cold beer!

Bob's is pretty good. Don't get their ribs on a monday though, I think they are leftover from the weekend before. ALWAYS tough on monday.
and I liked their salsa, til I found a hair about 18" long in it. That did it for me.

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2006, 11:00 PM

Psst...you were talking about the nerds on the internet. She was laughing at you. :D

Widescreen
6/5/2006, 01:38 PM
Psst...you were talking about the nerds on the internet. She was laughing at you. :D
:mad:

colleyvillesooner
6/5/2006, 01:51 PM
:mad: