PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Keep My Pants On

Beef
6/2/2006, 01:53 PM
I have lost 15 pounds so far since my heart attack. I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I felt this good. It's amazing what a little blood flow, not smoking and hardly ever drinking alcohol does for the body. I'm also sleeping about an hour or so less a night than I used to, but I never feel tired.My diet is pretty boring, but I'm learning to live without fried food and fast food. I'm lucky that I love fruit and vegetables. Cutting my caffeine down to a cup a day was difficult at first, but manageable. I guess having the right motivation helps.

I also started my cardiac rehab program a couple of weeks ago. It's been very helpful. It's basically easing my way back into an active life. They make me do some light weights and time on the treadmill while monitering my pulse and blood pressure. The hot therapists that work there don't hurt, either.

The bottom line of this update is I feel absolutely incredible. I never realized how fatigued I always was. I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support during this. Y'all are good people. Have a great weekend.

crawfish
6/2/2006, 01:55 PM
Glad to hear you're doing well, beef. You may have to change your name to a leaner cut. ;)

nmsoonergirl
6/2/2006, 01:55 PM
Yipee, you!!!!

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 01:59 PM
You are a complete badass for doing this. Keep going, man. We all like the idea of you living longer. :D

IB4OU2
6/2/2006, 02:00 PM
But you can still have a little chinese on the side....right? Btw, Way to go buddy! :D

BeetDigger
6/2/2006, 02:01 PM
Well done Beef (no pun intended). Keep up the good diet. I hear that getting some Asian food on occasion is good for the heart :D.

Oh, and that cutting down on alcohol is a myth. Drink as much as you want. Alcohol is good for the heart, don't let anyone tell you differently.

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2006, 02:07 PM
Good for you Beef!

King Crimson
6/2/2006, 02:17 PM
that's awesome.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/2/2006, 02:18 PM
Yay Baggy Pants Beef!

crawfish
6/2/2006, 02:22 PM
I guess our next Dallas lunch'll be a the Tofu Shack. ;)

SelmaBamaFan
6/2/2006, 02:24 PM
I have that same problem with my pants, but its probably because I'm a peeping tom.

oumartin
6/2/2006, 02:36 PM
congratulations Beef.!!!!

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 02:41 PM
I, on the other hand, am getting fatter.

Congrats Beef.

IB4OU2
6/2/2006, 02:44 PM

Congrats Beef.

So what are you up to now? 90lbs or so? :D

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 02:52 PM
So what are you up to now? 90lbs or so? :D

Slightly more than that. :D

I'm as heavy as I've ever been....obviously that was never HUGE but I've definitely put on some weight since quitting smoking.

slickdawg
6/2/2006, 02:57 PM
That's great Beef! send pictures of the hawt PT's

Newbomb Turk
6/2/2006, 03:03 PM
good jorb Beef!

Jimminy Crimson
6/2/2006, 03:03 PM
Good stuff, Beefandcheeseburrito!

I have four words for you: camera. phone. hot. therapists.

TIA! :texan:

IB4OU2
6/2/2006, 03:07 PM
Slightly more than that. :D

I'm as heavy as I've ever been....obviously that was never HUGE but I've definitely put on some weight since quitting smoking.

Wurd, I was pretty svelte/lean before I quit smoking back in 89' (about 180lbs).

Iv'e put on a little since then. :D

walkoffsooner
6/2/2006, 03:28 PM
Stay away from playgrounds.

proud gonzo
6/2/2006, 03:30 PM

Congrats Beef.

maybe now your clothes will actually fit.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/5951/pat3sz.jpg

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 03:31 PM
They do fit....those are some hip long shorts ya Kansas hillbilly.

:mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/2/2006, 03:33 PM
Heh, heh, heh-heh-heh.

Fugue
6/2/2006, 03:44 PM
They do fit....those are some hip long shorts ya Kansas hillbilly.

:mad:

getting fatter won't help with the length Mr. Knickerbocker.

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 03:46 PM
getting fatter won't help with the length Mr. Knickerbocker.

You're not kidding!! I can barely even see it these days!!

Oh, wait......

proud gonzo
6/2/2006, 03:51 PM
Is it difficult to play golf without knees and elbows?

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 03:59 PM
Is it difficult to play golf without knees and elbows?

You've gotten mean since you had to move home.

Tailwind
6/2/2006, 04:38 PM
Good going Beef! I'll only get better from here on!

GottaHavePride
6/2/2006, 05:09 PM
You've gotten mean since you had to move home.

This is a normal side-effect.

oumartin
6/2/2006, 05:19 PM
ya know beef. if you could walk around with a constant stiffie your pants would hang on you. Kinda like a clothes hanger.

handcrafted
6/2/2006, 05:24 PM
Good jorb, Beef. Keep it up. It's good to stay away from the booze but a few glasses of red wine now and then will help keep the ticker in shape as well as help you digest all those fruits and vegetables (keeps you from getting plugged up, if you take my meaning). Also helps prevent cancer.

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 05:30 PM
What I meant to say was mean-er.

;)

Stanley1
6/2/2006, 05:41 PM
I have lost 15 pounds so far since my heart attack. I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I felt this good. It's amazing what a little blood flow, not smoking and hardly ever drinking alcohol does for the body. I'm also sleeping about an hour or so less a night than I used to, but I never feel tired.My diet is pretty boring, but I'm learning to live without fried food and fast food. I'm lucky that I love fruit and vegetables. Cutting my caffeine down to a cup a day was difficult at first, but manageable. I guess having the right motivation helps.

I also started my cardiac rehab program a couple of weeks ago. It's been very helpful. It's basically easing my way back into an active life. They make me do some light weights and time on the treadmill while monitering my pulse and blood pressure. The hot therapists that work there don't hurt, either.

The bottom line of this update is I feel absolutely incredible. I never realized how fatigued I always was. I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support during this. Y'all are good people. Have a great weekend.

Awesome Beef, I was thinking just yesterday that I needed to start a post asking how things were going. Glad you are doing so well.

Chuck Bao
6/2/2006, 07:11 PM
100% agreeance.

Beef, way to go!