PDA

View Full Version : Is being a Rush Limbaugh fan like being in Mary Kay?

royalfan5
6/2/2006, 01:21 PM
Since he is plugged on this board on a frequent basis, I was wondering if it was all part of an Mary Kay type scheme? For every time William Favor plugs Rush, the guy above him gets paid, and then if William Favor recruits more people he gets paid. Maybe the people at the top of the totem pole get their prescription drugs supplied for them, instead of pink cadilliac. Just thinking out loud.

critical_phil
6/2/2006, 01:25 PM
posting favorable messages about Rush Limbaugh is the equivalent of wearing an internet dunce hat.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/2/2006, 01:29 PM
posting favorable messages about Rush Limbaugh is the equivalent of recognizing the idiocy of the mainstream media.There you go again, Phil

critical_phil
6/2/2006, 01:34 PM
if the day ever comes where i need rush limbaugh to tell me what to think, i EXPECT one of you hillbillies to put a bullet in what's left of my brain.....

walkoffsooner
6/2/2006, 01:38 PM
if the day ever comes where i need rush limbaugh to tell me what to think, i EXPECT one of you hillbillies to put a bullet in what's left of my brain.....

You are correct it is just a cult.

6/2/2006, 01:44 PM
You are correct it is just a cult.uh huh, keep telling yourselves that.

Hatfield
6/2/2006, 01:46 PM
william it seems like you take it personal when people bag on rush. Why is that?

nmsoonergirl
6/2/2006, 01:47 PM
Calling BSG, calling BSG. Threadjack needed on Aisle 8...

walkoffsooner
6/2/2006, 01:49 PM
I was once caught up in it to back when papa Bush was running the second time. Rush folded like a cheap suit and started sucking up to Clinton.He just want's to liked by people in power.Hell he started out kissing George Bretts ***.

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 01:53 PM
I don't know why people pay attention to "debate personalities" in the media. All these guys are self-serving, self-important, ego-inflated, know-it-all psychos. I have not heard one that doesn't fit every description of a psychopath.

Hatfield
6/2/2006, 01:55 PM
I don't know why people pay attention to "debate personalities" in the media. All these guys are self-serving, self-important, ego-inflated, know-it-all psychos. I have not heard one that doesn't fit every description of a psychopath.

the only reason they talk is to get you to tune in.

period.

jacru
6/2/2006, 02:46 PM
Hell, I'll do that for you now. You don't appear to be using it anyway.:D (I jest)
Almost all Rush critics have not listened to him over an extended period of time to fully analyze him. Therefore, their opinion of him is WORTHLESS as well as incorrect.

critical_phil
6/2/2006, 03:10 PM
well, i can't say that's the first time that i've been called worthless.

it might be the first time that i'm proud of it though..................

Scott D
6/2/2006, 03:12 PM
uh huh, keep telling yourselves that.

you should just start posting the word 'ditto' only imo.

Veritas
6/2/2006, 03:13 PM
rush == hannity == franken == oreilly == olberman == crap

Man, I'm rollin' wit da widsum 2day.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 03:14 PM
Hell, I'll do that for you now. You don't appear to be using it anyway.:D (I jest)
Almost all Rush critics have not listened to him over an extended period of time to fully analyze him. Therefore, their opinion of him is WORTHLESS as well as incorrect.

Actually, I've listened to him for long periods of time. At times he makes valid points, and at other times his only intent is to inflame people against whatever particular thing he doesn't like that day.

My problem is that there actually are people out there who are mindless enough to hinge on every word the man says like it's gospel. I really find him to be no more valid than any other radio/tv personality out there. And the fact that there are personal matters that he's had that have fallen into a 'Do as I say, not as I do' kind of arena have done nothing to convince me that he is anyone worthy of 'following' on a daily basis nor being the foundation of where my political opinion should be formulated.

Veritas
6/2/2006, 03:16 PM
At times he makes valid points, and at other times his only intent is to inflame people against whatever particular thing he doesn't like that day.
This description pretty much fits every radio show host I can think of, political or otherwise.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 03:17 PM
This description pretty much fits every 'radio/tv' show host I can think of, political or otherwise.

fixed beyonce. :D

6/2/2006, 03:29 PM
william it seems like you take it personal when people bag on rush. Why is that?Because the man is truly brilliant, and correct on not only his facts, but makes logical and proper analysis of the data, most all the time.
I know because I do listen to him a lot, and almost all the people who criticise him don't. They simply listen to the mainstream media, who don't listen to him either.
I get offended because they are so wrong about him, and they carry on like it is a given he is some kind of extremist, when he isn't. I truly feel so many people would be surprised, enlightened and pleased if they did make an effort to listen to his show.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 03:34 PM
Because the man is truly brilliant, and correct on not only his facts, but makes logical and proper analysis of the data, most all the time.
I know because I do listen to him a lot, and almost all the people who criticise him don't. They simply listen to the mainstream media, who don't listen to him either.
I get offended because they are so wrong about him, and they carry on like it is a given he is some kind of extremist, when he isn't. I truly feel so many people would be surprised, enlightened and pleased if they did make an effort to listen to his show.

http://sneakpeektv.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/alex-clockwork-orange81188.jpg <-- You

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/childrenofthecorn.jpg

6/2/2006, 03:38 PM
http://sneakpeektv.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/alex-clockwork-orange81188.jpg <-- YouHaHA, plenty cute, I reckon.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 03:39 PM
Seriously..what's it feel like to be brainwashed into having someone else's opinion come out as being your own independant thought?

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/childrenofthecorn.jpg

Which one is Carol?

1stTimeCaller
6/2/2006, 03:43 PM
One time on a dare, I dropped a new/unused tampon into a pint glass and drank beer from it.

I thought I might get TSS but thankfully I didn't.

6/2/2006, 03:48 PM
Seriously..what's it feel like to be brainwashed into having someone else's opinion come out as being your own independant thought?You're asking the wrong guy. How many times does an explanation of reasons for Rush's popularity have to be stated on SO? Prolly forever, ad nauseum, since you guys A) won't listen to his show, and B) Can't believe that anyone can honestly make conclusions on their own that disagree with yours. If you are simply jesting, then okay, haha.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 04:05 PM
You're asking the wrong guy. How many times does an explanation of reasons for Rush's popularity have to be stated on SO? Prolly forever, ad nauseum, since you guys A) won't listen to his show, and B) Can't believe that anyone can honestly make conclusions on their own that disagree with yours. If you are simply jesting, then okay, haha.

lets break this down so that a Rush fan (you) can understand it.

He's popular because he boldly espouses opinions that are relatively obvious...that and because people are sheep.

I have expressed why I no longer listen to his show (yes that means I did listen to it for a period of time longer than 2 days)

If a majority of his listeners weren't unable to formulate their own opinions without the input of Mr. Limbaugh, they wouldn't be called 'Dittoheads' for the past 15 years now, would they?

Funny, it seems that the Limbaugh listener can't have anyone disagree with their opinions, because they are 'always right, usually because 'RL said so'.' I've never had an issue with people disagreeing with my opinion to the extent that a majority of Rush fans seem to have with their "I'm right, you are wrong, cuz Rush said so nyah nyah boo boo stick your head in poo poo' mentality.

1stTimeCaller
6/2/2006, 04:06 PM
RUSH IS RIGHT

6/2/2006, 04:16 PM
If a majority of his listeners weren't unable to formulate their own opinions without the input of Mr. Limbaugh, they wouldn't be called 'Dittoheads' for the past 15 years now, would they?

Funny, it seems that the Limbaugh listener can't have anyone disagree with their opinions, because they are 'always right, usually because 'RL said so'.' I've never had an issue with people disagreeing with my opinion to the extent that a majority of Rush fans seem to have with their "I'm right, you are wrong, cuz Rush said so nyah nyah boo boo stick your head in poo poo' mentality.I'm sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about, here.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about, here.

being brainwashed must be a bitch.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/2/2006, 04:26 PM
I've always wondered if you have to get a pink car if you sell a brazillion dollars worth of cosmetics.

I mean, like Carol Stoops getting a kicka$$ caddy. Does Bob drive it? I mean, I'd want a black one or something. A dude driving a pink car, no matter how pinp it is, seems kinda...you know.

Octavian
6/2/2006, 04:31 PM
mmmm....brazilian.

lefty
6/2/2006, 04:44 PM
Because the man is truly brilliant, and correct on not only his facts, but makes logical and proper analysis of the data, most all the time.

I listened to Rush two or three times a week for about a year back in the mid 80s. I did this to take the challenge of a conservative friend of mine. What I concluded was that Rush was in the business to promote Rush. Truth or facts had (probably still have) little to do with anything. For example, he attacks the so-called "Liberal East Coast Media," then uses an article in the New York Times to support an argument. How can he have it both ways? Are they liberal when he disagrees and OK when he agrees? You've claimed that he has been shown to be accurate in his facts and arguments. By who, and where? If this is correct I'd like to read it. For a critique of Rush see http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=19&media_outlet_id=14. Before you sigh and claim that this is just a left leaning website, note that they critique the New York Times, The Washington Post, NPR, PBS, CBS, NBC, and others. Listening to Rush is just fine, just find some sources that don't always promote what you wish to be true.

1stTimeCaller
6/2/2006, 04:47 PM
I've always wondered if you have to get a pink car if you sell a brazillion dollars worth of cosmetics.

I mean, like Carol Stoops getting a kicka$$ caddy. Does Bob drive it? I mean, I'd want a black one or something. A dude driving a pink car, no matter how pinp it is, seems kinda...you know.

a couple of times I thought I saw him pimping an older mini-van back when I lived in Norman.

Do you think if you sold two brazilliion dollars worth they'd put some spinners on it for you?

royalfan5
6/2/2006, 04:56 PM

I had a friend explain the Mary Kay system to me once. I don't think you have to take the Pink Caddy, or the Pink Pontiac's that are on the way up. However, the kind of personality that reaches those sales levels tend to really want the Pink car because they have invested so much personally in Mary Kay. It's kind of like a football coach wearing his school's gear on the sidelines, sure it's free and part of the contract, but he would probably want to wear it anyway because he has so much invested in the team.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 05:11 PM
I listen to Rush fairly often. I understand that he is a decent information medium. I find that I agree with him on a lot of things. However, he is symbolic of everything that liberals hate about conservatives. He is cocky and arrogant. He seems to at times flaunt the fact that he is SO wealthy. I know he was kidding about driving around town looking for the highest gas price the other day but it seems incredibly callous to make light of a situation that is effecting so many young and older families. Yes, make your point that the gas prices aren't as bad as the media says but don't belittle the people that work their asses off to pay for a tank of gas and are really effected by the fluxuations in prices. It is hard for me to look at him and say he is humorous, he comes off as spiteful and just mean spirited. I like Sean Hannity but I also like the fact they he is helping raise money for scholorships for fallen troops and he doesn't ALWAYS come off as conceited. And before you start attacking for being a lib or a dim, think about what I am saying and realize there is some basis to what I am saying. Al Franken and AL Gore are just as guilty if not ALOT worse than Limbaugh. They are worse in my opinion because Limbaugh doesn't pretend to care about the little guy, Franken and Gore act like they are doing something for humanity.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/2/2006, 05:25 PM
a couple of times I thought I saw him pimping an older mini-van back when I lived in Norman.

That was him. He had 'drop the kids off at school duty'. A lady I work with used to live 2 houses down from him and she'd tell me all kinds of stories...

I think she said it was kindof a crappy Pontiac minivan or something. Said he looked totally out of place driving a crappy minivan full of kids. I seem to remember it being white...

Mjcpr
6/2/2006, 05:33 PM
I seem to remember it being white...

:rolleyes:

God, you just can't leave it be can you, Booty?

Jerk
6/2/2006, 06:32 PM
Seriously..what's it feel like to be brainwashed into having someone else's opinion come out as being your own independant thought?

Such bullsh*t, man.

Let me explain it to you a second time:

Before Rush, there was NO ONE in the media who expressed my same views. Any attempt to watch CBS, NBC, CNN, just made me mad. Then, around 1993, I start listening to this dude, and I'm like... "Hey, this cat thinks like I do!" and I could actually listen to Rush's show and not get ****ed off because the alternative was always some short peckered nancie tu-tu wearing liberal explaining to me why I should feel guilt for being a white guy.

(yeah, I know, Rush is more entertainment, not news, but the substitute worked for me)

Jerk
6/2/2006, 06:36 PM
And guess what, beyonces, I'm voting for Brad Henry!

Scott D
6/2/2006, 06:38 PM
Such bullsh*t, man.

Let me explain it to you a second time:

Before Rush, there was NO ONE in the media who expressed my same views. Any attempt to watch CBS, NBC, CNN, just made me mad. Then, around 1993, I start listening to this dude, and I'm like... "Hey, this cat thinks like I do!" and I could actually listen to Rush's show and not get ****ed off because the alternative was always some short peckered nancie tu-tu wearing liberal explaining to me why I should feel guilt for being a white guy.

(yeah, I know, Rush is more entertainment, not news, but the substitute worked for me)

Keep up man...we're discussing how he's far less relevant today than he was when he started nationally. :)

Jerk
6/2/2006, 06:43 PM
Keep up man...we're discussing how he's far less relevant today than he was when he started nationally. :)

To prove that, your side needs to start winning elections.

BTW- how well does liberal talk radio do?

Scott D
6/2/2006, 06:46 PM
To prove that, your side needs to start winning elections.

BTW- how well does liberal talk radio do?

my side?

I don't listen to liberal talk drivel either.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/2/2006, 06:46 PM
Because driving a pink car would just succs.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 06:48 PM
Because driving a pink car would just succs.

it worked out well for Elvis ;)

Jerk
6/2/2006, 06:52 PM
my side?

I don't listen to liberal talk drivel either.

Good. I don't know how anyone could listen to liberal radio and not end up a total loser by blaming all of their problems on others, screaming about the injustices of capitalism, quaking about the end of the earth by global warming, crying about spotted owls, and always looking for the government to protect them and provide for their day to day needs...cuz it's just so unfair that anyone should have to be responsible for themselves!!

6/2/2006, 07:27 PM
I listen to Rush fairly often. I understand that he is a decent information medium. I find that I agree with him on a lot of things. However, he is symbolic of everything that liberals hate about conservatives. He is cocky and arrogant. He seems to at times flaunt the fact that he is SO wealthy. I know he was kidding about driving around town looking for the highest gas price the other day but it seems incredibly callous to make light of a situation that is effecting so many young and older families. Yes, make your point that the gas prices aren't as bad as the media says but don't belittle the people that work their asses off to pay for a tank of gas and are really effected by the fluxuations in prices. It is hard for me to look at him and say he is humorous, he comes off as spiteful and just mean spirited. I like Sean Hannity but I also like the fact they he is helping raise money for scholorships for fallen troops and he doesn't ALWAYS come off as conceited. And before you start attacking for being a lib or a dim, think about what I am saying and realize there is some basis to what I am saying. Al Franken and AL Gore are just as guilty if not ALOT worse than Limbaugh. They are worse in my opinion because Limbaugh doesn't pretend to care about the little guy, Franken and Gore act like they are doing something for humanity.I believe you are being too thin skinned and over-sensitive. I am astounded you find Limbaugh "mean spirited" , and gotta believe that if you do listen to him, it's not very often, or for very long. I'm gonna have to give it one of those "WOW, JUST WOW" deals. Sorry.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 07:55 PM
The thing with Limbaugh is that I know he isn't mean spirited, he just comes off as it because he is willing to say the hateful truths that most people think but don't say. If he was truly mean spirited, he wouldn't donate so much time and money to Leukemia and the other charities he supports so ardently(I even like adopt a soldier program). His problem is that he will say poor people need to get off their laziness and find jobs, the vast majority of people hear this and they think he is oversimplifying the matter. He is probably right but it does come off as mean and spiteful. I think his on air personna is too far right but at least he is proud of it and doesn't hide and say ohhh me not a lib!!! Like all the libs

6/2/2006, 08:14 PM
The thing with Limbaugh is that I know he isn't mean spirited, he just comes off as it because he is willing to say the hateful truths that most people think but don't say. If he was truly mean spirited, he wouldn't donate so much time and money to Leukemia and the other charities he supports so ardently(I even like adopt a soldier program). His problem is that he will say poor people need to get off their laziness and find jobs, the vast majority of people hear this and they think he is oversimplifying the matter. He is probably right but it does come off as mean and spiteful. I think his on air personna is too far right but at least he is proud of it and doesn't hide and say ohhh me not a lib!!! Like all the libsThat's more like it.

TopDawg
6/2/2006, 08:19 PM
I just figured out how I got so many posts on the old boards. Back then I was the only person who would take the anti-Rush side of this debate. Now there are more of you. I was doing the work (posting) of many men.

But then again, I like Franken. Mostly because he gets under O'Reily's skin.

And Deep Thoughts.

TopDawg
6/2/2006, 08:20 PM
His problem is that he will say poor people need to get off their laziness and find jobs, the vast majority of people hear this and they think he is oversimplifying the matter.

Because he is?

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:23 PM
Back then I was the only person who would take the anti-Rush side of this debate. Now there are more of you.

I blame the breakdown of the family and guys wearing dresses to prom

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:26 PM
That's more like it.

Gandalf has pleased the mighty billyfavor....

Gandalf is now a true American

jacru
6/2/2006, 08:31 PM
well, i can't say that's the first time that i've been called worthless.

it might be the first time that i'm proud of it though..................
Just like a Rush critic, getting it wrong on purpose to make your own point.
I said an uninformed OPINION is worthless. I didn't say any person was worthless. You'll have to be proud of something else.

TopDawg
6/2/2006, 08:33 PM
I blame the breakdown of the family

*insert Rush Limbaugh divorce joke here*

6/2/2006, 08:33 PM
Gandalf has pleased the mighty billyfavor....

Gandalf is now a true AmericanGandalf mysteriously did a complete reversal of positions. On the second post, a new, more keenly observant Gandalf surfaced.

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:35 PM
*insert Rush Limbaugh divorce joke here*

must.

protect.

family.

jacru
... I like Franken. Mostly because he gets under O'Reily's skin.
I like Rush because he gets under liberals' skin. ;)

TopDawg
I said an uninformed OPINION is worthless.

But it is better than a mis-informed opinion, which is what Rush Limbaugh's audience usually has.

I kid. I kid.

But not really.

j/k

;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, does this mean I get my green card through the Amnesty Program...this whole democracy frightens me ;)

TopDawg
6/2/2006, 08:37 PM
I like Rush because he gets under liberals' skin. ;)

I like Rush, but not as much as Phil. I'd take John Bonham over whoever plays drums for Rush any day.

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:38 PM
Yes, does this mean I get my green card through the Amnesty Program...this whole democracy frightens me ;)

I dunno.

Can you pick oranges or pave roads? ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 08:41 PM
****...I can pave a road while picking oranges ;)

royalfan5
6/2/2006, 08:42 PM
I like Rush, but not as much as Phil. I'd take John Bonham over whoever plays drums for Rush any day.
Yes, but Neil Peart wrote all the lyrics for Rush too, all Bonzo Bonham did was die a typical rockstar death, and enable his son to be on a crappy reality show.

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:45 PM
****...I can pave a road while picking oranges ;)

YOU'RE IN!!

citizenship void where prohibited

jacru
6/2/2006, 08:47 PM
citizenship void where prohibited
The senate is trying to lift that prohibition.:mad:

Octavian
6/2/2006, 08:51 PM
The senate is trying to lift that prohibition.:mad:

it wont pass the House

edit: I'll be shocked if it passed the House

6/2/2006, 08:57 PM
Yes, does this mean I get my green card through the Amnesty Program...this whole democracy frightens me ;)You get instantaneous citizenship, don't have to pay any back taxes you might owe, and can be taught civics in two languages, messcan and farsi.

jacru
6/2/2006, 08:57 PM
it wont pass the House

edit: I'll be shocked if it passed the House
that's what Rush said too. ;) :D :D