PDA

View Full Version : CBS Correspondent Kimberly Dozier given a Purple Heart

lexsooner
6/1/2006, 08:11 PM
Kind of touching, really. A young American soldier obviously felt kinship with this tough reporter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/30/iraq/main1664012.shtml

C&CDean
6/1/2006, 08:26 PM
It'd have been more touching if he gave his PH to one of the two dudes who got blown to ****.

I'm glad I get my thrill seeking done stateside. I don't mind taking risks, do it every day, but I'll be damned if I'm stupid enough to go over there unarmed, and ride around town where pretty much any/every car could be the one that goes "BOOM!!"

I respect her for doing her job, but she's really not very smart.

mdklatt
6/1/2006, 09:30 PM
Call me a cold heartless bastard but....

Am I the only one that gets bothered when the media goes into self-aggrandizing circle jerk mode when one of their own gets injured? It's a tragedy, yes, but seriously. The "talent" is getting all the attention while her crew--who actually died--gets mentioned below the fold. And even more to the point, what about all the soldiers who have been killed and injured? They don't even get named: "Three soldiers died in when an IED exploded...." Let's get some perspective. The soldiers are there because they don't have a choice. They're doing their duty. The media flacks are mostly there because they volunteered for an assigment that they thought would increase their chances of moving into an anchor seat one day.

The anthrax shenanigans right after 9/11...remember the dude in Florida that died? Probably not. Remember when the major New York media outlets received contaminated letters and were inconvienced for awhile? Of course, because that was major news for weeks. Bah.

Okla-homey
6/1/2006, 10:08 PM
If I know G.I.'s (and I think I do) he did it mostly b/c he thought it might result in sex at some point...and not necessarily w/Miss Blowed-up Reporter.;)

usmc-sooner
6/1/2006, 11:09 PM
no freakin way!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!