PDA

View Full Version : The Joker

opksooner
6/1/2006, 04:34 PM
A friend of mine, a practical joker, was scheduled to have prostate surgery. Inability to urinate had become a serious problem for him. As the surgery date was still several days away he elected to have the nurse in his doctor's office show him how to catheterize himself whenever he needed to urinate, as he didn't want to have to wear a bag/appliance 24/7 until the day of his surgery.

So, his wife, a real trooper, accompanies him to the office to view the teaching session so she can learn to help him in case he can't do it for himself. She walks into the procedure room with him and the nurse, Cindy, follows.

He strips and lies down. The nurse explains everything and has the situation well in hand, so to speak, At the moment she is about to introduce the catheter into the appropriate oriface, he raises himself up on his elbows and says, "Oh, excuse me Cindy, I'm sorry....this", indicating his wife, "is my neighbor, Mrs. Smith, who was kind enough to accompany me to the office today."

The nurse, of course, breaks up and collapses in laughter......as do I, every time he re-tells the story.

True story. You heard it here first.

Jimminy Crimson
6/1/2006, 04:38 PM
Steve Miller Band rocks!!