PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Decade

Collier11
6/1/2006, 01:15 PM
I know its just another bunch of polls, but if anyone wants to go vote...The KC STAR has several Big 12 polls to vote for the best, you all will be angry to know that the best Defensive player in the Big 12's history is Wistrom at 41% while Roy only has 19%
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14709413.htm

Soonerman08
6/1/2006, 01:23 PM
I know its just another bunch of polls, but if anyone wants to go vote...The KC STAR has several Big 12 polls to vote for the best, you all will be angry to know that the best Defensive player in the Big 12's history is Wistrom at 41% while Roy only has 19%

There is something really screwy with those polls. I find it hard to believe that Nebraska leads in every poll, but is dominating.

Soonerman08
6/1/2006, 01:23 PM

There is something really screwy with those polls. I find it hard to believe that Nebraska leads in every poll, but is dominating.

Soonerman08
6/1/2006, 01:25 PM
That being said, I wish I could see OU 2000 vs. Nebraska 1997. :D

Redshirt
6/1/2006, 01:28 PM
Wow. The Northerners have a pretty high opinion of themselves.

Collier11
6/1/2006, 01:32 PM
Ya, alot of Kansas and Nebraska bias for sure

tbl
6/1/2006, 02:42 PM
Obviously the Nebbish fans got ther before anybody else...

tbl
6/1/2006, 02:45 PM
You know it's screwy when Missouri/Kansas is tied with OU/saxeT for Big12's biggest rivalry...

IronHorseSooner
6/1/2006, 02:56 PM
According to this poll, OU-UT is the best rivalry only by 1%?!?!? You are right, the Northerners DO have a real high opinion of themselves. I know the rivalry is historic, but GEEZ! OU-UT have produced 4 teams who played in the last 5 MNCs!...Grant Wistrom?!?!? I know he was very good, but Roy was 7th in the Heisman voting as a safety!

King Crimson
6/1/2006, 03:11 PM
KSU football stadium neck and neck with Kyle Field....hmmmm?

Nick Collison with more votes than TJ Ford and Hollis combined for best basketball player.

Bramlage on the list of best basketball arenas? only one South gym (GIA)...

BASSooner
6/1/2006, 03:40 PM
you know we dont need to freak out...this is kansas city, its pretty biased obviously

Octavian
6/1/2006, 03:58 PM
the North is a joke and they know it

snp
6/1/2006, 04:00 PM
It's a fan poll, of course it's going to have a huge bias.

That being said, I voted for every OU player as well.

The Consumate Showman
6/1/2006, 10:06 PM
Nebbish fans suck! They can vote, but can their team win????????????? Methinks N O T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
6/1/2006, 10:28 PM

Bingo.

TheGodfather889
6/2/2006, 02:33 AM
Most of the voters are Nebraska fans. I of course voted for everything OU. But this poll due to the Nebraska fans should have an asterisk by it.:D

swardboy
6/2/2006, 08:12 AM
I got tired of picking up all the style sheets...who keeps droppin' em?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
6/2/2006, 09:04 AM
I'm happy to see Wistrom get a lot of votes since he was my next door neighbor growing up and he did have a monster career at Neb. That said I think Roy Williams was not only the best defensive player in Big 12 history but simply the best player period.

The numbers are skewed by bias. For kicks sometimes when they have ESPN sportsnation polls check out the voting by state. You'll see plenty of variance.

SoonerStormchaser
6/2/2006, 10:14 AM
Screw that poll...all the Nebbish homers are out of the woodwork chomping at it!

Miko
6/3/2006, 12:19 AM
Now, now. Let's take off our crimson glasses and look at this objectively.

Sure OU/tx is a big deal around here. But the whole world tunes in for Mizzou/KU. That is a classic rivalry for the ages. Remember those great games, like...um... well, it is a very big deal though. :rolleyes:

And do ISU and Baylor really have BigXII rivals? Perhaps they should adopt eachother as rivals by default.

OKC-SLC
6/3/2006, 10:05 AM

heh.

freshchris05
6/3/2006, 10:09 AM
Now, now. Let's take off our crimson glasses and look at this objectively.

Sure OU/tx is a big deal around here. But the whole world tunes in for Mizzou/KU. That is a classic rivalry for the ages. Remember those great games, like...um... well, it is a very big deal though. :rolleyes:

And do ISU and Baylor really have BigXII rivals? Perhaps they should adopt eachother as rivals by default.

I hope you are joking... Yeah it is a big deal around here but you can't convince me some game between two mediocre teams(not just now but overall) is huge... sure they might think so and alum might but come on...

OU vs Texas
Ou vs Nebraska

The top two rivalries in the big XII call me a homer if you want but whats gonna come close to that??? Texas vs tamu? b*tch please... think about it those rivalries have history, competition, and national champions(texas not as much)

Because everyone remembers the clips, the blown calls, the rumors, the smack talk, good thanksgivings, bad thanksgivings:( , state wagers, *cough* the two cornhuskers kissing before the camera cut away *cough* i mean everything that comes with it...

if sumone can convice me otherwise id love to hear it

ps.. texas sucks

A-M
6/3/2006, 10:26 AM
The answer to this statement is simple. All of the people voting are froom Nebraska. Any one in their right mind would never say that Nebraska Football has been the source of pride for the North for the past 10 years unless you are from Nebraska. We know they don't have a mind that knows how to function the way it should.:O

SelmaBamaFan
6/3/2006, 10:35 AM

QFT

SelmaBamaFan
6/3/2006, 10:37 AM
I hope you are joking... Yeah it is a big deal around here but you can't convince me some game between two mediocre teams(not just now but overall) is huge... sure they might think so and alum might but come on...

OU vs Texas
Ou vs Nebraska

The top two rivalries in the big XII call me a homer if you want but whats gonna come close to that??? Texas vs tamu? b*tch please... think about it those rivalries have history, competition, and national champions(texas not as much)

Because everyone remembers the clips, the blown calls, the rumors, the smack talk, good thanksgivings, bad thanksgivings:( , state wagers, *cough* the two cornhuskers kissing before the camera cut away *cough* i mean everything that comes with it...

ps.. texas sucks

aaaaaaaaaaaand right over his head it goes!

freshchris05
6/3/2006, 01:49 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaand right over his head it goes!

i get the sarcasm... im just ranting for all to hear....

Miko
6/5/2006, 09:43 AM

OU vs Texas
Ou vs Nebraska

ps.. texas sucks

C'mon dude, I think about it...

Top Ten greatest rivalries of all time:

1. KU v. Mizzou
2. Bud v. Bud Light
3. Warriors v. the Furries
4. East Popcorn State v. Little Sisters of the Poor
4A. Upper Padagonia v. Lower Padagonia
5. Tastes Great v. Less Filling
6. OU v. tx
7. Mich v. the real OSU
8. Bamma v. Auburn
9. Wile E. Cyote v. The Roadrunner (would be higher if it weren't so lopsided)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D

JPNSKER
6/5/2006, 12:21 PM
I can see why so many of you are disgusted with this poll. It's based in the middle of the B12 North by a B12 North paper.

Don't get too upset over it. If a ut or OU regional paper had the same poll, it would obviously be different.

Just for the record, I voted for RW as the best player. GW was & is very good and I'd put him right behind Roy. Most of us despise ut up here as well, so that's why you see the OU/NU rivalry as tops.

Up until last years CCG, the North & South exchanged titles every other year. NU was very dominate in the first 5 years, OU pretty much the rest of the way (except for last year)

CatfishSooner
6/5/2006, 01:44 PM
very biased......so am I...

Soonerwolf
6/5/2006, 05:15 PM
Wow. The Northerners have a pretty high opinion of themselves.

The "sad" (LOL) part is that NU fans still revel in the teams of the 90s while OU fans look forward to competing for the Big XII and BCS champoinships on a regular basis . . .

With Callahan as thier coach, the only thing that NU will beat OU at is regularly having the *** of the YEAR awards mounted in Callahan's office . . .

PlanOUred
6/5/2006, 05:26 PM
It is obvious that the Neb fans have been voting in big numbers. They have their stadium ranked number 1 in the poll....LOL. That is including A&M, TX and OU's stadiums.....bet most of them have not even seen those other stadiums....if they had they wouldn't vote for NU. Also, Ahman Green as the greatest running back? He was pretty good, but I don't think he is even in the top five running backs in the Big 12. And the NU and CU rivalry is right there with OU/TX. That is maybe the best one. NU is desperate to have a rival....any rival. They just don't know who their rival is but they desperately WANT one. They think they have a rivalry with us, but we don't even play them every year.....not close to Texas or even OSU. The northern boys have voted heavily in this poll but didn't really look at any of the options objectively....that is obvious.

freshchris05
6/5/2006, 05:57 PM
It is obvious that the Neb fans have been voting in big numbers. They have their stadium ranked number 1 in the poll....LOL. That is including A&M, TX and OU's stadiums.....bet most of them have not even seen those other stadiums....if they had they wouldn't vote for NU. Also, Ahman Green as the greatest running back? He was pretty good, but I don't think he is even in the top five running backs in the Big 12. And the NU and CU rivalry is right there with OU/TX. That is maybe the best one. NU is desperate to have a rival....any rival. They just don't know who their rival is but they desperately WANT one. They think they have a rivalry with us, but we don't even play them every year.....not close to Texas or even OSU. The northern boys have voted heavily in this poll but didn't really look at any of the options objectively....that is obvious.

u capitalized Losur and said bedlam is more exciting than OU vs Neb... come on... the game is having sum down time while in comparison to the 70's and 80's but there is no way u can compare it to bedlam, if it were to up the truck sales across the state there would be no bedlam... hit up a OU vs Neb archive and if ur a true sooner u will understand it all differently...

1988 bedlam = great, other years = lmao

f*ck texas