PDA

View Full Version : If Adrian Peterson.......

boomersooner28
6/1/2006, 12:00 PM
rushes for 1700 yards and 15 TD's will he win the Heisman?

Discuss

yermom
6/1/2006, 12:05 PM
i doubt it

they'd give it to an undefeated QB first

Big Red Ron
6/1/2006, 12:38 PM
Yes.

King Crimson
6/1/2006, 12:38 PM
i doubt it

they'd give it to an undefeated QB first

or Brady Quinn--did you know his sister was dating AJ Hawk last year?

:rolleyes:

TheGodfather889
6/1/2006, 12:42 PM
With those numbers, Adrian would be able to strike the pose.

yermom
6/1/2006, 12:44 PM
i just don't think 1700 yards is enough

maybe if we were undefeated AND there is no great QB

walkoffsooner
6/1/2006, 12:46 PM
If big 12 champs yes

silverwheels
6/1/2006, 12:46 PM
I'd rather see Adrian Peterson hoisting a Crystal Football than a Most Hyped Player By the Media trophy.

oumartin
6/1/2006, 12:50 PM
if ND wins 5 then quinn will win the heisman.

soonerhubs
6/1/2006, 12:51 PM
Well, Is it unrealistic to think that he breaks 2,000 yards and gets even more TD's?

yermom
6/1/2006, 12:53 PM
if he stays healty i don't think 2000 is out of the question at all

ADs_Agent
6/1/2006, 01:10 PM
Brady Quinn will win because Notre Dame has a mouth hold on the media genetalia

BASSooner
6/1/2006, 01:13 PM
Josh didn't win the heisman and look what we did. We won the title:D

IronHorseSooner
6/1/2006, 01:27 PM
I say "No" because of the ND hype machine. The magic # is 2000 yds and 15 TDs. With a CCG, that just a little over 150 YPG. In some games, he could get that on three carries! Factoring in that he will could go over 200 in about 5 or more of his games (TT, Baylor, OSU, Wash, UAB, Middle TENN, Mizzou, ISU), he could easily go over 2000. The other 4 games (UT, UO, A&M, CU) do have the athletes to cause him to have "average" days, by his standards (100 YPG). That would give him 2000 before the CCG. If he did that, it's his. I would bet that Quinn and Smith split a lot of voting areas.

josh09
6/1/2006, 01:32 PM
he needs 2,000, and he WILL get it

josh09
6/1/2006, 01:33 PM
and about 20 td's

ya, if he gets those numbers, theres no question.

josh09
6/1/2006, 01:34 PM
unless someone else has some sort of miracle season or something.

or if a "doug flutie" occurs again.

melbitoast
6/1/2006, 03:17 PM
rushes for 1700 yards and 15 TD's will he win the Heisman?

Discuss

Not quite (look at 2004). However, if he pulls in an addition 300 yds+ receiving and 2+ tds, consider it a done deal.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2006, 03:22 PM
I dont think his numbers matter so much as the winning games does...which go hand in hand together

Tear Down This Wall
6/1/2006, 03:37 PM
1700? Dude, he should be at 1,000 by the Texas game...UAB, Washington, Oregon, and Middle Tennessee? You'd think he could surpass Greg Pruitt's single game record of 294 in one of those. They are suck clam shells.

boomersooner28
6/1/2006, 03:58 PM
I wasn't trying to say he is only going to rush for 1700...I just threw it out there for debate.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/1/2006, 05:52 PM
1700 yards if we are 8-4 by season's end? No chance.

1700 yards if we are 12-0 by season's end? Top 3.

2000 yards if we are 10-2, 11-1, or 12-0. Slam dunk.

ND hype machine is great to have on your side, but you still need to have numbers. And Quinn has produced good numbers, not great. And it takes great numbers from a QB from anywhere and the wins that would come with them (incl. ND) to beat a RB with a 2000 yard rushing season from a major power school.

Besides, some of ya seems to be dismissing that we have at least a Top 10 if not Top 5 hype machine ourselves. (For instance: A certain magazine having given us props... though I personally feel they've done so prematurely) True, nobody is on equal footing with the ND hype machine. But we are in the same league nationally as USC, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Miami... at least when we are on a winning roll.

Funny how we keep getting back to that... that we have to win as a team for someone even as great as Adrian to get the nod, whatever his numbers.

Cedric Benson called... he wants his stupid remark back...

OKC-SLC
6/1/2006, 06:53 PM
i think his stats are only a small piece of the puzzle. if he breaks off some pretty runs in big games, there is no undefeated QB, or ND plays as averagely as they can, he gets some help.

if a player from ND has similar stats and OU has similar records, it will depend on media scrotasuck.

i want a crystal ball. i think AD will have to have a heisman-type season to get us there.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2006, 07:04 PM
200 yards against whorns on national tv puts him on top

IronHorseSooner
6/1/2006, 07:48 PM
200 yards against whorns on national tv puts him on top

With what I posted before, if he does that, it's a slam dunk. Basically, it will be a three man race- AD, Quinn, and Smith. Those teams will likely be the top three teams in the country the majority of the year. All 3 players have megahype machines (none as big as ND, though) going for them, and playing on national/ regional TV almost every week. I would love for his Heisman moment to be running over a Uterus safety into the end zone!

goingoneight
6/1/2006, 09:37 PM
I see a Barry Sanders/ Troy Aikman battle comin' up. Just not quite Barry and not quite Troy if ya know what I mean. AD will have to light up the world to beat a media toy like a ND star QB.

SoonerStormchaser
6/2/2006, 10:17 AM
Dude...Notre Dame will lose two or three (a la Meechigan State last year...what was their record again)...and the hype will fade...just relax.

soonerjoker
6/2/2006, 11:05 AM
Goinon8;
what do you mean by sanders/aikman battle. ???

sanders was pretty much unknown, & aikman was (i think) 3rd in heisman voting. sanders just couldn't be ignored, not with his numbers.

also, not much tv (compared to now).

SouthFortySooner
6/2/2006, 12:50 PM
I feel like he will win it based on form and function as a running back. Not numbers. Like others have said his greatness is undeniable on the field.

badger
6/4/2006, 02:56 AM
1,700 would be a disappointment for him. Everytime he gets tackled, he acts ticked - like 35 yards wasn't good enough.

AD needs 50 touchdowns and the rushing record, or else he is probably going to give the heisman back... by slamming it to the turf and lining up to try again.

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 03:28 AM
they're already engraving his name in the trophy. it's a given

ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerhubs
6/4/2006, 01:46 PM
I honestly can't wait to see the first game this year. Hurry up Fall!

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 02:15 PM
If the O Line dominates the non conference games and gets a head of steam he can do it easily... its been said so many times already but here it goes again... bomar stays composed gets comfortable in the pocket and the line gives him a chance to do so by april AD's signing contracts polishing his trophies and dancin in rap videos... this kids crazy good and the fact hes my age p*sses me off a little... envy? of course... haha AD's a beast u cant put this guy in a video game and try to start him off at 80 like the other rookies this mans not even 99 u need to take out the attribute numbers and put in specs like hes a car or maybe a train??? anthony thomas, a-train? adrian peterson freight train....

ADs_Agent
6/4/2006, 02:29 PM
Peterson stays healthy, runs like he knows he can, undeniable Heisman. I don't care how many Beano Cooks are out there, you can't deny the man his right to lord his greatness over the other pleabs of college football.

SoonerJedi
6/4/2006, 02:33 PM
Obviously if he breaks 2000, and Brady Quinn is not undefeated, then they would have to take a look at Adrian.

I think it is likely Notre Dame will loose at least one game by the end of the year, but it is highly unlikely that Adrian will break 2000. You have to average almost 175 years a game. Even in his Freshman year, Adrian didn't break 2000 and that's with carrying the ball about 30 times a game.

SoonerJedi
6/4/2006, 02:38 PM
Basically, it will be a three man race- AD, Quinn, and Smith.

Actually the runningbacks for Auburn and California are being mentioned as being as good as Adrian Peterson. If Adrian is to win the Heisman he will need to at least prove he is the best of the runningbacks (and that's probably the way it should be).

soonerspiff
6/4/2006, 03:10 PM
If the O Line dominates the non conference games and gets a head of steam he can do it easily...

This is big, so let's not get ahead ourselves, guys. In '04 we had a great offensive line and a Heisman quarterback... This year we have an inexperienced offensive line and Bomar, who I think will be good but will he be consistant? AD obviously has the skills to have a phenomenal year, but does he have the supporting cast? I hope so.

To say 1700 yards and 15 TD's would be a dissapointing season... that's crazy. Those numbers almost guarantee us as #1 or #2 in the south (our defense will be so stout that we won't need huge numbers on offense). The last Heisman didn't seem to help us too much anyway, maybe it'll give us a little chip on our shoulder going into our bowl game... Torrance's quote before the 2000 Orange Bowl, best thing ever.

Quinn won't win the Heisman. There's no way they're going to run the table with that schedule...

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 03:27 PM
This is big, so let's not get ahead ourselves, guys. In '04 we had a great offensive line and a Heisman quarterback... This year we have an inexperienced offensive line and Bomar, who I think will be good but will he be consistant? AD obviously has the skills to have a phenomenal year, but does he have the supporting cast? I hope so.

you quoted me but i said the same, notice my if's