PDA

View Full Version : Salmon on the grill tonight

walkoffsooner
6/1/2006, 11:45 AM
:eek: My wife asked me to cook it. I know its going to stick and tear up or other bad things any helpful tip's.

oumartin
6/1/2006, 11:46 AM
yeah, tell her to cook it her own damn self!

TopDaugIn2000
6/1/2006, 11:47 AM
I always put olive oil on the salmon (along with seasoning) and then also put oil on the grilling surface.

Put it skin side down and cook it 'til it's nearly done (that side won't stick as bad). When it's nearly done flip it over just long enough to get those pretty grill marks on the other side.

I also make a "mop" of equal parts of soy sauce, lemmon juice, and honey to brush on while it's cooking. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I made some over the weekend.

1stTimeCaller
6/1/2006, 11:50 AM
put mayonaise on the skin before you put it on the grill. make sure the grill is very hot.

King Crimson
6/1/2006, 11:54 AM
what TD 2000 said, brush it with oil--don't turn it more than once--and it will continue to cook even after it's off the grill. also, keep it in the fridge until right before you put it on the grill.....the filet will hang together better and the flesh more taut when it first hits the hot grill.

walkoffsooner
6/1/2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys maybe I can pull it off.

SoonerWood
6/1/2006, 12:45 PM
I used to catch salmon out in the Puget Sound quite often and we would grill it that evening on foil in a pool of either beer or milk. As it cooked, we would cover it with a mixture of garlic, butter and lemon juice.

But I really liked catching it more than eating it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/1/2006, 12:47 PM
copper river?

GottaHavePride
6/1/2006, 12:51 PM
If the grill is properly seasoned you don't need to oil the grates, but do put some oil on the fish before you grill it. Also - steaks grill better than fillets, but they're shaped funny. Once you put the fish on the grill DO NOT MOVE IT until it's done enough to let go of the grill. YWIA.

TopDaugIn2000
6/2/2006, 10:15 AM
How'd it turn out???????

I grilled chicken, asparagus, corn on the cob, and zucchini. mmmm it was good eatin.

Ghost of Joe Don
6/2/2006, 11:49 AM
I've cooked salmon on a cedar plank quite a bit, very easy and hard to screw up....go to the lumber yard, buy a cedar shingle, soak it for a while in water, put the salmon on and grill it till it flakes. oil, butter, garlic or any other spice you like on fish can be added. good stuff, maynard.

Hatfield
6/2/2006, 12:43 PM
according to mjcpr your wife is really talking about your weiner.