PDA

View Full Version : Another day in denial (with Cowboy Mouth)

TUSooner
6/1/2006, 10:32 AM
Yesterday's Wednesday concert in Lafayette Square* featured Cowboy Mouth. The tunes were mucho good, but there should have been a bit more rockin and bit less rah-rah about "New Orleans Lou-WEEEEE-zee-ANNA, the GREATEST city IN the WORLD!!" (That's the big denial part. :rolleyes: ) But the bacon-wrapped shrimp on cheesy grits with a sharp brown gravy for $4 were most awesomest, so I had 2. After I consumed several Abita Ambers and the sun went down, Daughter #1 drove Daughter #2 and me home. :)
The end.

* BTW, in Lafayette Square there are statues of Henry Clay, Ben Franklin and some real old local school dude named John McDonough, but no staute of Lafayette. Go figure.

Osce0la
6/1/2006, 10:34 AM
I've seen Cowboy Mouth a few times, they're pretty good live. Lead singer/drummer has a lot of f'in energy and kinda gets on my nerves sometimes though...

TUSooner
6/1/2006, 10:38 AM
I've seen Cowboy Mouth a few times, they're pretty good live. Lead singer/drummer has a lot of f'in energy and kinda gets on my nerves sometimes though...
Exactly, helluva front man, but sings better than he blabs. It was a great "school's out" crowd, though.

nmsoonergirl
6/1/2006, 10:57 AM
Saw them years ago at Bricktown Brewery (does that place even exist anymore?), and loved them.
Glad you had fun. You're making me hungry,

Cam
6/3/2006, 08:46 PM
Saw CM in Atlanta a few years ago. Pretty damn good live band. Drummer/singer was climbing the freaking scaffolding(sp) on the stage during one song.