PDA

View Full Version : WTF??!?

Osce0la
5/31/2006, 09:51 AM
My rant in the Marine pocket knife thread got me thinking about something that happened this weekend.

We go to Wal Mart to get the boy some food (God how I hate going to Wal Mart). I get the stroller out of the trunk and go to get my son out of the car seat (my wife is standing beside the car), and this group of jacka** teenagers are walking up, and my wife overhears some of them talking about trying to steal "that stroller". WTF??? What is wrong with teenagers these days??? It's bad enough that they obviously have no respect for anyone, but why in God's name would you just have the urge to try and steal a stroller? We later see them in the store and I walk towards them to go say something, and they take off...This is just another reason I try to avoid going to Wal Mart.

We were going up there one night and I decided to go to the second entrance to the parking lot. As I'm passing the first entrance a teenager flys past the stop sign and almost hits us (with my son in the backseat). I lay on the horn, he turns around, gives us the bird, and continues on his way (he was leaving, otherwise I would've followed his a**.

Hatfield
5/31/2006, 09:54 AM
thank you mtv and all the other reality shows that teach the youth that to be cool and accepted you have to be a complete ***.

thank you to all the movements across the land that encourage the pussification of america...because we can't have our children's feelings being hurt otherwise they may grow up to be responsible and understand consequences....and heaven forbid they understand the concept of accountability.

it really is sad to see.

slickdawg
5/31/2006, 09:54 AM
six rounds in the chest. YWIA

Osce0la
5/31/2006, 09:57 AM
six rounds in the chest. YWIA
More years in prison.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll pass on that one.

however, there is no prison term for beating the **** outta one of these little f***ers. ;)

Hamhock
5/31/2006, 09:58 AM
thank you mtv and all the other reality shows that teach the youth that to be cool and accepted you have to be a complete ***.

thank you to all the movements across the land that encourage the pussification of america...because we can't have our children's feelings being hurt otherwise they may grow up to be responsible and understand consequences....and heaven forbid they understand the concept of accountability.

it really is sad to see.

who stole hatfield's password? ;)

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2006, 10:00 AM
Parents are at fault also. Kids need to be taught respect at home!!!

BajaOklahoma
5/31/2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks to all the teachers who have to teach the kids how to properly behave. (I'm not one, I just see it happen daily)

Osce0la
5/31/2006, 10:13 AM
Parents are at fault also. Kids need to be taught respect at home!!!
I know parent's are at fault too, so I guess I should be asking WTF is wrong with parents these days...

Teach your kids discipline at home and it will carry over into the real world. Parents don't want to discipline their kids anymore, they'd rather be their friends, and be the "cool parents" instead of making sure their kids don't grow up to be felons.

1stTimeCaller
5/31/2006, 10:15 AM
I blame the Baby Boomer generation.

oumartin
5/31/2006, 10:21 AM
i blame Bush!

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2006, 10:31 AM
I know parent's are at fault too, so I guess I should be asking WTF is wrong with parents these days...

Teach your kids discipline at home and it will carry over into the real world. Parents don't want to discipline their kids anymore, they'd rather be their friends, and be the "cool parents" instead of making sure their kids don't grow up to be felons.BINGO!!! It is this whole touchy feely generation. It is also this whole dealio of blaming everyone else for your child's shortcomings. Parents want to blame the teacher, the friends, or any other number of subject they can blame. Or they are just too damn busy chasing the almighty dollar to be bother with raising the children they chose to have.

If my child has does something wrong...blame me dammit. I will handle my kid. It does not mean that my wife and I haven't tried...but we will be blaming someone for our children's shortcomings.

Osce0la
5/31/2006, 10:42 AM
Exactly.

My child is going to learn early the difference between right and wrong. When he gets older he's going to see these idiots when we go places, and I will use them as an example of what he shouldn't be doing. And he will know that if I find out about him doing the types of things these kids are doing he will be in for it. There's nothing wrong with punishing your kids, people just decided at some point that it was going to stop and they weren't going to do it anymore. If I smarted off to my parents I got a nice slap to the mouth, if I did something wrong they wouldn't hesitate to pull out the belt and light my a** up. My son is going to be raised the same way I was. I was always taught to respect others, to show common courtesy whenever possible. Just too all around show others the respect you would want to be shown.

oumartin
5/31/2006, 10:43 AM
there is nothing wrong with todays youth. you guys are just getting old and cranky!!! :D

TopDaugIn2000
5/31/2006, 10:45 AM
I blame walmart. for everything.

OCUDad
5/31/2006, 10:49 AM
there is nothing wrong with todays youth. you guys are just getting old and cranky!!! :D:les: Shut up, whippersnapper, and learn your place.

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2006, 10:49 AM
there is nothing wrong with todays youth. you guys are just getting old and cranky!!! :DHow did my kids get oumartin's password? :eek: ;)

OU4LIFE
5/31/2006, 10:54 AM
I blame Toyota for everything.

oumartin
5/31/2006, 10:55 AM
i just understand my kids. we are best friends ;)

Veritas
5/31/2006, 11:38 AM
I blame the guys that couldn't keep it in their pants, knocked up some girl, and took off.

walkoffsooner
5/31/2006, 11:47 AM
Good kids have summer jobs.

OUHOMER
5/31/2006, 12:22 PM
My son had a friend come over one time, dont remeber it all but he was going to grab something out of my hand. i reached up and grabbed his earing and asked him if he wanted to keep it. never had anymore problems with that boy.

OUTromBoNado
5/31/2006, 02:34 PM
My dad got the belt out on me a couple of times, and I turned out okay...for the most part. Heck, I even had a couple of swats at school. I'll never forget that giant paddle. Scared the sh** outta me. Had holes drilled in it so you could hear the wind whistle through it on it's way to saying "Hello" to your backside. I never got into trouble at school ever again after that day.

Hamhock
5/31/2006, 02:38 PM
My uncle had a known rule that any males entering his house with an earring would have it ripped out. We decided to test him one day with one of those magnet earrings. Either he knew it was a magnet or didn't care...

Melo
5/31/2006, 02:45 PM
My parents spanked me once, and it was when I was a tiny kid. After that, they punished us with things they knew we would hate: No tv, no video games, no friends, no phone. We had to stay in our room and read, or clean, whichever one they felt like handing out.

No worse punishment for active kids than making them sit still with nothing to do.

After we got older, they always pulled the 'we're dissapointed in you' speeches, and those were ALWAYS worse than actual punishments.