PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad the Refs hosed us at TT

Boffingham
5/31/2006, 09:46 AM
Woudl you rather have beaten Oregon in the Holiday Bowl on ESPN (in HD,) or beaten Alabama in the Cotton Bowl on FOX?

We still wouldn't have won the Big 12, so that doesn't matter.
We got to play a top 5 team.

Soonerman08
5/31/2006, 10:13 AM
True and I will be right there when we take sweet revenge against Tech in Norman this upcoming season. It's going to be a brutal massacre.

Boomer.....
5/31/2006, 10:18 AM
It turned out fine in the end but sucks that we got robbed by the horrible refs. This year it will be very different.

Snrfn4ever08
5/31/2006, 11:13 AM
i would rather play a #5 oregon team at the holiday bowl any day instead of a reeling alabama team at the cotton bowl. that could have been a repeat of the 2001 cotton bowl with arkansas. that game bored me to death

NormanPride
5/31/2006, 12:51 PM
I'd rather play Bama in the Cotton Bowl, but for selfish reasons. One, the fans were awesome, and two, I could have gone to see it. :(

Mjcpr
5/31/2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah, that was awesome alright.

sanantoniosooner
5/31/2006, 01:05 PM
I keep saying, "Maybe this is the year we'll get hosed really good".

It finally happened.

Savor the moment.

Mjcpr
5/31/2006, 01:09 PM

It finally happened.

Savor the moment.

Word. They don't come along every day.

When I replay the game every once in a while, I always mute the sounds and crank up Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.

sooner518
5/31/2006, 01:13 PM
with all the screaming I did at the TV that day, Im not sure it was worth it to go through that. but the Holiday Bowl was a nice comeback

caphorns
5/31/2006, 01:27 PM
The Holiday Bowl has been a better bowl than the Cotton for the most part.

yermom
5/31/2006, 01:58 PM
it was cool to go to San Diego, but i'd rather have gone to Dallas at the time

200 miles in the car with :dolemite: > 1400 miles in the car with :dolemite:

goingoneight
5/31/2006, 09:26 PM
Hmmm. Playing No. 5 team in America? Playing a Lights-Out Bama defense...
Playing in San Diego? Playing in Dallas, again.
Dallas < San Diego
I wasn't complainging about it. In fact, a few dumb plays in 2005 kept us from scoring a BCS Bowl. I know that B-C-S wasn't stamped at mid-field, but a damn-good OU team (by bowl season, we were actually good enough to be raked seventh) vs one of the best UO teams to ever play ranked at No. 5 themselves was kinda like a BCS bowl.

OUstud
5/31/2006, 09:45 PM
Let me just say I feel quite sorry for anyone with the misfortune of being in a white jersey with black pants come OU-Sand Aggy.

AustinTXHorn
5/31/2006, 10:01 PM
You guys are finally coming around. I'd been saying for years that I'd MUCH rather go to the Holiday Bowl than the Cotton Bowl. ;)

Plus, you usually get to play a better team in the Holiday.

King Crimson
5/31/2006, 10:06 PM
You guys are finally coming around. I'd been saying for years that I'd MUCH rather go to the Holiday Bowl than the Cotton Bowl. ;)

Plus, you usually get to play a better team in the Holiday.

didn't UT lose to LSU in the Cotton Bowl, and Oregon and Wazzou in the Holiday.....

AustinTXHorn
5/31/2006, 10:16 PM
didn't UT lose to LSU in the Cotton Bowl, and Oregon and Wazzou in the Holiday.....
Beat LSU.

What's your point? Texas has played borderline top 25 teams when they've gone to the Cotton Bowl since '98.

Washington was borderline top 25, Oregon was top 10, and I believe Washington State was #12.

King Crimson
5/31/2006, 10:26 PM
Beat LSU.

i stand corrected. apoplogies.

OUGreg723
5/31/2006, 10:30 PM
Texas beat the living hell out of LSU as I remember.

yermom
5/31/2006, 10:42 PM
yeah, we beat Washington State in '02 and Texass beat LSU

then in '03 we traded opponents and both lost

King Crimson
5/31/2006, 10:44 PM
if the legend and sloan (?) could catch a ball that hit them in the hands UT would have beat Oregon too. Simms put the ball on the money twice in the endzone.

AustinTXHorn
5/31/2006, 10:50 PM
if the legend and sloan (?) could catch a ball that hit them in the hands UT would have beat Oregon too. Simms put the ball on the money twice in the endzone.
I think it was Williams and B.J. Johnson. That was bad. We should have won that game twice. They were freshmen though.

That was a great game.

MiccoMacey
5/31/2006, 11:04 PM
I am indifferent to the refs when we play. I always believe you must make sure you don't give the refs the chance to beat you. They are people and make mistakes, just like you and me.

I was upset at first, but quickly got over the loss because we made too many mistakes to say we owned that game. Plus for every mistake made against us, I'm sure there were mistakes in our favor as well (i.e. - any holding not called on our last TD drive).

I also realize this is almost hypocritical for me to believe since I went bananas when Shawnee received what I believe to be a bad call in the 5A quarterfinal game against Booker T. Washington this year.

But that's for me and my therapist to work out. :D

CrimsonChampion
6/1/2006, 10:58 AM
Woudl you rather have beaten Oregon in the Holiday Bowl on ESPN (in HD,) or beaten Alabama in the Cotton Bowl on FOX?

We still wouldn't have won the Big 12, so that doesn't matter.
We got to play a top 5 team.

If we didn't get robbed in that game, we would've finished our season unbeaten, had a chance to finish 9-3, and if we would've beaten 'Bama, we would've finished in the top 10 in the final polls.

However, I'm glad it happened during a rebuilding year and not a title contention year, like this one. So I guess my opinion could go either way, but I don't think we benefited from getting screwed in that game.

caphorns
6/1/2006, 12:03 PM

I'd vouch for that as I was there - except to quibble with some of the facts. Although I was extremely drunk at the time, I'll never forget that on the last serious opportunity for the Horns to take the lead, BJ Johnson dropped two passes - one in the end zone - and RW dropped the final one in the f'n endzone. Sloan Thomas should not be faulted. Simms really almost pulled off a miracle in that game and was totally solid. The running game was non-existant. Overall though you might recall that we had a DC at that time who had no clue how to stop the fun n gun, run n shoot or west texas butt pirate offense. So Joey and friends racked up plenty of mileage that day.

Great game though - if you were a duck, sooner fan or aggot or drunk enough to miss the final few minutes. Unfortunately, that was a brief 10 minutes of sobriety for me that I'd like to take back.

arlington
6/1/2006, 12:38 PM
I would have rather beaten a quality Bama team than OU in the Holiday Bowl..Firstoff the stress brought on by losing in that fashion to Tech wasnt worth it..And even though Oregon was higher ranked, im not sure if nationally beating a 2 loss Bama wouldnt be considered as impressive or more impressive than beating Oregon..Plus wer woulkd have finished 2nd in the B12 south and won 7 straight games..

yermom
6/1/2006, 12:53 PM
losing always sucks, but playing up and winning like we did was nice

being the 2nd team in consecutive years to go there from the Big 12 and beat a team that probably should have been in the BCS was pretty cool

RedstickSooner
6/1/2006, 01:06 PM
Alabama is one of those teams I never want to play again. There's no upside for us. No upside for them, really, either. Whichever team wins, the pundits use the win as "proof" that the loser was overrated.

Beating a Pac-10 team is *always* enjoyable, and forces the pundits to concede one of two things:

Either, 1) We kick arse.

or, 2) USC thrives in a sissy conference.

SoonerStormchaser
6/2/2006, 10:20 AM
Alabama is one of those teams I never want to play again. There's no upside for us. No upside for them, really, either. Whichever team wins, the pundits use the win as "proof" that the loser was overrated.

Beating a Pac-10 team is *always* enjoyable, and forces the pundits to concede one of two things:

Either, 1) We kick arse.

or, 2) USC thrives in a sissy conference.

Actually, it's BOTH!

soonerjoker
6/2/2006, 11:12 AM
don't agree with basic premise of this thread.

1991SOONER
6/2/2006, 11:15 AM
^^^I don't either. Whos to say that we couldn't beat 'bama. I think we had a very good chance. Its all water under the bridge now anyway so why bother discussing it...

Boffingham
6/2/2006, 11:21 AM
My main arguement was that at least the Holiday Bowl was in HD, the Cotton Bowl wasn't...I don't think...

soonerjoker
6/2/2006, 11:26 AM
as bowls & cities go, i'd much rather be in SD @ that time of year.

nearly froze in cotton bowl against arkansas.

Tear Down This Wall
6/2/2006, 11:34 AM
Think of how stupid it is to say, "I'm glad we lost and didn't get to play in a New Year's Day Bowl." Then, realize some of you are saying it.

A crappy bowl game against Oregon, or a New Year's Day bowl game versus Alabama? Give me New Year's Day versus Alabama, please.

tbl
6/2/2006, 11:55 AM
Ditto...

badger
6/4/2006, 02:53 AM
i would take bama... if we could play them in the holiday bowl.

nothing against oregon fans, but we were about to meet them less than a year, anyways. ou/bama was a fun series.

however, the cotton bowl is too cold and the stadium sucks too much. Dallas, have you renovated it yet?

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 03:29 AM
we got a good deal out of our screwing at TT. beating a top 5 team and 'deserving of a bcs slot' oregon is better than thumping bama.

its on next season with whoever is #2 in the bcs.

SelmaBamaFan
6/4/2006, 03:55 AM
Atleast the ref's returned the favor against TT when they played us :D

Knee down, shmee down!

Boffingham
6/4/2006, 07:11 AM
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!! HOLIDAY BOWL = HIGH DEFINITION
...AND KIETH JACKSON...
...INGLASIAS, INGLASIAS, INGLASIAS

SoonerJedi
6/4/2006, 03:11 PM
And I'm glad that neighbor's dog pooped on my lawn, for now the grass is growing there .... and I'm glad I was fired from my job because now I have the time to take up bowling .....

Sheeez.
Take the win and live with the consequences.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
6/4/2006, 03:17 PM

It finally happened.

Savor the moment.

Yeah me too. As a STL Cardinals fan I thought that call Denkinger made at first in game 6 was great!

Some losses are worse than others but I can't think of any good loss.

Früher
6/4/2006, 09:16 PM
What about all the people that wanted to go the Alamo Bowl?

Tear Down This Wall
6/5/2006, 04:14 PM
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!! HOLIDAY BOWL = HIGH DEFINITION
...AND KIETH JACKSON...
...INGLASIAS, INGLASIAS, INGLASIAS

Dude, that "Inglasias" thing killed me. Hello, Keith...there's no "n" in the name Iglesias. Estupido.

jacru
6/5/2006, 04:28 PM
I'm glad the Refs hosed us at TT ? ? :confused:
Stupid statement. No matter what good thing you think may have happened afterwards. Nothing is worth getting rectally violated by zebras. I'm not in to bestiality. :mad: ;)

sanantoniosooner
6/5/2006, 10:36 PM
I'm glad the Refs hosed us at TT ? ? :confused:
Stupid statement. No matter what good thing you think may have happened afterwards. Nothing is worth getting rectally violated by zebras. I'm not in to bestiality. :mad: ;)

If you're going to get raped, at least enjoy it.
:texan:

jacru
6/6/2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Bob Knight
If you're going to get raped, at least get revenge.
fixed.

sanantoniosooner
6/6/2006, 12:24 AM
Bobby said lie back and enjoy it.

THAT'S what Bobby said.

Just ask Bobby.

SoonersEnFuego
6/6/2006, 12:32 AM
The point is, we were handed lemons and made Lemonade. We didn't give up and it ended up making the media love us again.....
But who gives a $hit what they think anyways?

Oh, and Keith Jackson blows and Dan Fouts sucks.