PDA

View Full Version : Her Perkiness says adios

Okla-homey
5/31/2006, 06:09 AM
Couric leaves the Today show this morning.

How will we survive?

bri
5/31/2006, 06:40 AM
CAN SOMEONE GET ME A TRANSCRIPT OF HER REMARKS?

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/31/2006, 06:49 AM
I thought that said "pekingnese" and I wondered whose dog died.

BajaOklahoma
5/31/2006, 07:26 AM
I am probably going to get banned, but I like her on the Today show. I hated Bryant (the a**hat), so I didn't really start watching until Matt arrived. She does get on my nerves at tiimes.

Good luck to her on the evening news - I won't be watching her there.

TUSooner
5/31/2006, 08:41 AM
Who's Couric?

Taxman71
5/31/2006, 09:48 AM
Who's Couric?

Won several French Opens during the 90's then turned into a carrot-top grunge rocker.

slickdawg
5/31/2006, 09:50 AM
good riddance.

Veritas
5/31/2006, 11:19 AM
I don't get why this is even remotely a news item. I guess people give a **** about the parrots on the ABCNBCBS cabal?

GottaHavePride
5/31/2006, 11:33 AM
I am probably going to get banned, but I like her on the Today show. I hated Bryant (the a**hat), so I didn't really start watching until Matt arrived. She does get on my nerves at tiimes.

Good luck to her on the evening news - I won't be watching her there.

All I want is Gumbel 2 Gumbel back on the air...

Veritas
5/31/2006, 11:44 AM
I just added a filter to my AdBlock list to jam any image with "couric" in the filename.

In some small way I feel better.

walkoffsooner
5/31/2006, 11:50 AM
All they do is read the new's. Hire hawtiees win the stakes every round. Lots of cleavege for the oscar.

mrowl
5/31/2006, 11:57 AM
I don't care for her on air work but empathize with her losses.

was she also screwed by the refs in Lubbock?

soonerhubs
5/31/2006, 12:02 PM
heh

handcrafted
5/31/2006, 12:50 PM

No, but she had an on-air colonoscopy.

Scott D
5/31/2006, 01:03 PM
CAN SOMEONE GET ME A TRANSCRIPT OF HER REMARKS?

YES GOD WHERE ARE THOSE TRANSCRIPTS! I JUST KNOW IT WAS SOME DIRTY LIBZ MATING RITUAL!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/31/2006, 02:20 PM
YES GOD WHERE ARE THOSE TRANSCRIPTS! I JUST KNOW IT WAS SOME DIRTY LIBZ MATING RITUAL!

:DIn case you haven't paid much attention, please note that I have moved on to fry bigger fish. I have found that criticism of Jimmuh Carter and lefty saint FDR can put certain progressives and "moderates" into rug-chewing mode. I had no idea I could be so wrong, eh? Let 'er rip, guys.

TUSooner
5/31/2006, 02:25 PM
In case you haven't paid much attention, please note that I have moved on to fry bigger fish. I have found that criticism of Jimmuh Carter and lefty saint FDR can put certain progressives and "moderates" into rug-chewing mode. I had no idea I could be so wrong, eh? Let 'er rip, guys.

Did somebody say they need a rug to be chewed on?
:O

As long as 1TC hasn't been near it

5/31/2006, 02:30 PM
Did somebody say they need a rug to be chewed on?
:O

As long as 1TC hasn't been near it
:DHowdy, TU, didn't take you long to check in. I tossed out the Stainmaster, and you didn't bite it...maybe in a new thread before long...

TUSooner
5/31/2006, 02:32 PM
Howdy, TU, didn't take you long to check in. I tossed out the Stainmaster, and you didn't bite it...maybe in a new thread before long...
Just be reasonable and nobody will get hurt. ;)

VeeJay
5/31/2006, 04:24 PM
I get the radio feed on the way to work of The Today Show. This morning, as they were saying their buh-byes, with all the heartwarming easy listening Beach Boy tunes for the sake of Katistalgia, the oozing dripping comments were bandied about like cuss words at a UCLA-USC game.

All the big events that Katie found herself having to get through over the years were replayed: The Princess Di funeral (a what a whopper that was!), the OKC bombing, 9/11, of course - seems like everything in the world has happened on Katie's watch, and by golly, she's had the fortitude to switch from interior design tips from Christopher Lowell to sudden calamity of the Twin Towers falling in a heap of rubble at a moment's notice.

A comment was made by the news gal that, Katie has been here, most importantly, to "hold America's hand."

Has anyone else had their hand held by Katie?

Penguin
5/31/2006, 04:47 PM
I don't really give a flying flip.

What's interesting is that my parents are religious and ultra-conservative as they come, but they love Couric. They've been watching the Today Show for decades. This has been a tough day for them.

I'm really not kidding.

Scott D
5/31/2006, 05:32 PM
In case you haven't paid much attention, please note that I have moved on to fry bigger fish. I have found that criticism of Jimmuh Carter and lefty saint FDR can put certain progressives and "moderates" into rug-chewing mode. I had no idea I could be so wrong, eh? Let 'er rip, guys.

you should be honored that I find moderated humor at your expense.

Jimminy Crimson
5/31/2006, 07:02 PM
They're not that perky! ;)

lefty
5/31/2006, 07:27 PM
For CBS to go from Edward R. Murrow to Katie Couric in my lifetime explains my feelings of hopelessness for my kids and grandkids. Or as H.L Mencken said

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Who this applies to today should be evident.

VeeJay
5/31/2006, 09:10 PM
I think I'm hearing ya.

When we speak of morons, though, we gots to remember folks who wrap wads of FBI marked hundred dollar bills and stash them in their freezer, as well as people who can't pronounce "nuclear."

If you will agree with me that they're all morons, we are on the same page.

lefty
5/31/2006, 09:12 PM
Hear, hear. Or is it Here, here?

lefty
5/31/2006, 09:15 PM
On a less flippant note, if Jefferson isn't hung from the highest rafter I'll vote to let GWB have a third term

5/31/2006, 11:36 PM
you should be honored that I find moderated humor at your expense.Honored indeed. My first acclaim as a whimsical delight.