PDA

View Full Version : Brent Rhomar likes and dislikes...

goingoneight
5/30/2006, 10:11 PM
We're gonna beat a dead horse here, people.

Some just love to blame shoddy performance on a single player, and while he's made some mistakes (damn humans!) I think you could probably put him up as the 2005 OU offensive MVP. He always stayed calm when down, carried a team on his back when AD was 'down for tha count.' Some were just spoiled by a near-perfect Heisman winner in 2003 and 2004, I think provided he's healthy, all Bomar needs is to fine tune his already blooming skills.

1. He has a nice quick release, but on the run, he needs to focus on which foot is where, and when to plant and lauch. Easy stuff. He did worlds better in just one quarter at UCLA.

2. Not every shot needs to be a fastball, a lot of pitcher/quarterback guys make this mistake. Bomar officially off the mound and under center for four games without a superstar RB last season gave him a nice touch on the ball.

3. He's really fast, and makes great play-fakes, but that dude just runs goofy. :D When he becomes a little more confident in Wilson's offense, he'll be able to stand a little taller and not hunch into a fall. When you run with a slight bend at the knees, you protect yourself and the ball. You also become more readily available to cut and juke. Yes... white guys can do this. Jason White was freakin' great at it in 2001.

I'd say that's pretty damn good for a first year starter. That kinda stuff is EASILY corrected in fall reps. I look forward to Bomar's Sophomore/Junior season! What do you guys think?

picasso
5/30/2006, 10:18 PM
dude, his brother Brent plays at Refugio Creek Community College.

goingoneight
5/30/2006, 10:20 PM
Or was it Bromar?

Collier11
5/30/2006, 10:31 PM
Stop taking linebackers and safeties head on is the first thing he needs to correct, but if he does take them on, knock them on their arse!!! He had average footwork from what ive heard around the boards and radio but that can be improved, he does throw too hard at times, and accuracy on deep balls which he will figure out now that the game is slowing down for him. If he plays this year like he did the last 7 games of last year, we will be fine. The #1 thing I Love about the guy is his fire and the way he played so calm and cool downt he stretch in the Holiday Bowl, Nebraska, and Texas Tech games which were all on the road...alot of talented qb's cant succeed on the road, especially in close games

Jello Biafra
5/30/2006, 11:10 PM
you guys will think im crazy but, I think the kid is alot like my "other" favorite qb of all-time......

jim Mcmahon.........attitude, movement, confidence etc..... lets keep our fingers crossed. that guy was pretty good i think.

whiteagle
5/30/2006, 11:23 PM
i culda swore it was Rent Rhomar.

BASSooner
5/30/2006, 11:25 PM
or maybe it was Brett Rorroar

TheLadiesMike
5/31/2006, 01:40 PM
3. He's really fast, and makes great play-fakes, but that dude just runs goofy. :D When he becomes a little more confident in Wilson's offense, he'll be able to stand a little taller and not hunch into a fall. When you run with a slight bend at the knees, you protect yourself and the ball. You also become more readily available to cut and juke. Yes... white guys can do this. Jason White was freakin' great at it in 2001.

My friend liked to say Rhett Bomar runs like he just stole something and is being chased.

SoonerJLB
5/31/2006, 02:00 PM
Or is Rorry Brettmar?

yermom
5/31/2006, 02:01 PM
Stop taking linebackers and safeties head on is the first thing he needs to correct, but if he does take them on, knock them on their arse!!! He had average footwork from what ive heard around the boards and radio but that can be improved, he does throw too hard at times, and accuracy on deep balls which he will figure out now that the game is slowing down for him. If he plays this year like he did the last 7 games of last year, we will be fine. The #1 thing I Love about the guy is his fire and the way he played so calm and cool downt he stretch in the Holiday Bowl, Nebraska, and Texas Tech games which were all on the road...alot of talented qb's cant succeed on the road, especially in close games

i was more impressed with him at the end of the Tech game than the others mentioned... he really did all he was supposed to do

goingoneight
5/31/2006, 09:20 PM
My friend liked to say Rhett Bomar runs like he just stole something and is being chased.

EXACTLY!!! It's like he runs and it sort of evolves from special olympics into a trip and fall! :D He doesn't do that in warmups and practices, so maybe it's just gameday jitters. I really hope he learns to run like Heupel, White and Hybl did. Those guys knew how to cut between double coverage. JW just had a little problem with not watching his feet under pressure, therefore he injured two knees and an ankle along his ride.

Jason White's Third Knee
5/31/2006, 09:24 PM
I heard Chris Spielman talk about this Romar kid. He sounds good.

BTW, I think he's got pretty good wheels.

goingoneight
5/31/2006, 09:46 PM
No dispute that the guy can move fast, it's just... His style can be slightly tweeked and he'd be running for TDs all the freakin' time.

Collier11
5/31/2006, 10:00 PM
EXACTLY!!! It's like he runs and it sort of evolves from special olympics into a trip and fall! :D He doesn't do that in warmups and practices, so maybe it's just gameday jitters. I really hope he learns to run like Heupel, White and Hybl did. Those guys knew how to cut between double coverage. JW just had a little problem with not watching his feet under pressure, therefore he injured two knees and an ankle along his ride.

Sorry, I dont want him running like white and heupel, both tore acl's in their careers and hybl got hit more than any qb ive ever seen. Bomar can run, sometimes when he takes off his wheels kinda spin but the thing that he has that is impressive is that he is really fluid in his hips, he dont run like a qb or te, more like a running back

King Crimson
5/31/2006, 10:02 PM
all right: nobody's said it yet: center exchange fumbles.

picasso
5/31/2006, 10:17 PM
how about Rahmonce Bromar?

goingoneight
5/31/2006, 10:20 PM
[stupid aggie] how about brett boner? hur-hur, hur-hur [stupid aggie]

goingoneight
6/1/2006, 10:06 PM
Know what I likes the best?

He's not injured or inexperienced anymore... so we'll be able to see if he takes off or falls off. If he takes off by game three, good. If he doesn't advance his game a little and still fumbles and stumbles... Oh... lordy!

Jason White's Third Knee
6/1/2006, 10:17 PM
all right: nobody's said it yet: center exchange fumbles.

Seriously. He was a freshman and had 3 different centers. The center has to get it right too. I used to be a center. There is a lot of finesse and timing involved before you go to hack at the D line/linebacker's knees.

He'll be fine. He's got far more snaps than last year. Most of his wackiness was in the first few games. Remember, he wasn't even the starting QB!!!

oumartin
6/1/2006, 10:22 PM
he's a dayum drunk :D

Jason White's Third Knee
6/1/2006, 10:39 PM

Yeah, but isn't that what college is for?

oumartin
6/1/2006, 10:42 PM
yeah, that and getting std's..

jps
6/2/2006, 11:55 AM
I like that he has bendy bones and legs that look like they should break don't.

snp
6/2/2006, 12:15 PM

Is that a like or dislike?

It's a like for me.

tnraider1
6/2/2006, 01:00 PM
Seriously. He was a freshman and had 3 different centers. The center has to get it right too. I used to be a center. There is a lot of finesse and timing involved before you go to hack at the D line/linebacker's knees.

You are correct. The last year I played ball, the coach decided to try me at center, because the starter was injured. The QB refused to work with me after the first five snaps because I snapped it too hard. Kept jamming his fingers. There's more to it than just sticking the ball back there.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/2/2006, 04:18 PM

I guy goes to a hooker, gives her $5 and gets laid. A few days later he finds out he got the crabs! He goes back to the hooker and says "Hey, you gave me the crabs!" She says, "For $5 what did you expect? Lobster?!?!?!"

[rimshot]

Sorry.

oumartin
6/2/2006, 04:25 PM
oh now thats funny.. but hell i've gotten crabs for free before!!!
thats why I make sure they keep the floor waxed now!!!!!

badger
6/2/2006, 09:03 PM
Brett Romar:

Turn ons - is very good at football.

Turn offs - Likes to drink, likes to have weird girls at his apartment, complains regularly that nobody will sleep with the best qb in the state of oklahoma... after drinking.

There you have it. Brett needs to stop going after the booze and chicks and then he will be in the bcs.

Big Red Ron
6/2/2006, 09:10 PM
Brett Romar:

Turn offs - Likes to drink, likes to have weird girls at his apartment, complains regularly that nobody will sleep with the best qb in the state of oklahoma... after drinking.

There you have it. Brett needs to stop going after the booze and chicks and then he will be in the bcs.Sounds like he he's been going to the "Cale Gundy school of Sooner -QB-ism."

douxpaysan
6/2/2006, 10:44 PM
Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a dayum. Rhett Butler http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/5710/c-gable.jpg

stoopified
6/4/2006, 03:43 PM
Brett Romar?

picasso
6/5/2006, 05:34 PM
Brett Romar:

There you have it. Brett needs to stop going after the booze and chicks and then he will be in the bcs.
what, you think he's the first QB in D-1 history to chase de girls?

badger
6/5/2006, 07:12 PM
what, you think he's the first QB in D-1 history to chase de girls?

of course not. Bert Brenmar just needs to make better decisions off the field or he'll be in court again :(

goingoneight
6/5/2006, 10:01 PM

getting some touchdowns?

goingoneight
6/5/2006, 10:06 PM
we're seriously gonna have to refer to him as Rhomar, now... :D Kinda like Smack Brown, Dunce Young, etc...

badger
6/5/2006, 10:12 PM
Rhomar! Soonar!

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/6/2006, 09:33 AM
Put in Rawls!

Norm In Norman
6/6/2006, 10:21 AM
Brent Rhomar is nothing without Damien Peterman.

badger
6/6/2006, 08:03 PM
Brent Rhomar is nothing without Damien Peterman.

why does everybody call Damien Peterman DA? Aren't his initials DP so shouldn't you all be calling him DP instead of DA?

Jello Biafra
6/6/2006, 08:18 PM
why does everybody call Damien Peterman DA? Aren't his initials DP so shouldn't you all be calling him DP instead of DA?

i think it all started when he fell from the back of a truck and choked out one of his high school freinds after a game.

Dead Horse
6/6/2006, 09:38 PM
Oww!

SoonerGM
6/6/2006, 09:53 PM
i think he should work on accuracy a bit more and not for just the deep ball. it seems like he has the tendancy to throw the ball toward the general direction of the reciever and not in front of the reciever so he can catch the ball in stride. lot of balls go pretty low, especially during the early part of games. its a good thing that the recievers can catch.

badger
6/6/2006, 09:53 PM
receivers that catch are good.

goingoneight
6/6/2006, 10:05 PM
receivers that catch are good.

catch... STD's?

badger
6/6/2006, 10:13 PM
Some TouchDowns? Yes, it IS good for receivers to catch STD's :D

shavedmarmoset
6/7/2006, 01:00 PM
I thought it was pronounced slkhsoudfhjsncxvieshrkwas ksdhfrewedskf. I could be wrong.......