PDA

View Full Version : Do any of the ladies around here.......

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 04:01 PM
shave your eyebrows and draw them back on?

I'm considering doing that with my goatee, but I wanted some feedback first.

NormanPride
5/30/2006, 04:07 PM
....Men should never draw on their own face. Only on the faces of their drunk friends.

Hamhock
5/30/2006, 04:10 PM
That has a chance at looking really, really stupid.

To get an idea of how well it would work, you should start with your head. Shave it and draw the hair back on. If you like it, do the goat.

ywia

1stTimeCaller
5/30/2006, 04:13 PM
well, it makes as much sense as drawing eyebrows on I guess.

You should ask VK, BSG or Pat.

Melo
5/30/2006, 04:15 PM
I never understood that whole bidness. I always thought it was pretty stupid. But thats just me.

IronSooner
5/30/2006, 04:17 PM
as long as we get to see before/after pics I'm fine with it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/30/2006, 04:18 PM
Most chicks do their best to keep them nice and shaped and stuff. And yeah - we use a a brow color to keep them looking decent. You almost have to once you start waxing/plucking, etc. But it should be subtle and you should still see, like, actual eyebrow hairs and stuff.

Now removing them and then drawing them back on? Dude, I have no idea why women do this. My Aunt Lynda does it. I hope to learn why in this thread.

LilSooner
5/30/2006, 04:22 PM
My Aunt Pam does this as well but she has lupas. I also don't get why people have their makeup tatooed on thier faces. That's just weird.

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to convey anger or surprise like the ladies do.

It may be more difficult than I thought.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/30/2006, 04:24 PM
My Aunt Pam does this as well but she has lupas. I also don't get why people have their makeup tatooed on thier faces. That's just weird.

I have a cousin that had that done - permanent lip color.

It's really, really creepy.

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 04:49 PM
I wax them but do not draw them back on.

But do that with your goatee and let us know how it goes...

leftfield
5/30/2006, 04:49 PM
....Men should never draw on their own face. Only on the faces of their drunk friends.

:D

Scott D
5/30/2006, 04:53 PM
I also don't get why people have their makeup tatooed on thier faces. That's just weird.

too much idle time...same reason we have overly restrictive homeowners associations these days ;)

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2006, 05:03 PM
SAS, please be sure to get pictures, okay? I really need pictures.

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 05:05 PM
Would it be too much to do some elvis sideburns?

As long as I got the pencil out........

proud gonzo
5/30/2006, 05:11 PM
some color to fill in the eyebrows is one thing, but why anyone would ever draw the eyebrows back on is beyond me. People who don't know when to stop plucking? or just people with bad taste. i don't know.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/30/2006, 05:19 PM
I'm starting to learn something from this thread....

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 05:21 PM
Would it be too much to do some elvis sideburns?

As long as I got the pencil out........

No...not too much. Do it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/30/2006, 05:23 PM
DO EEEEET!

Viking Kitten
5/30/2006, 05:25 PM
DO EEEEET!

Oh.. you are velly quick with the edit, BSG-san.

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 05:27 PM
I missed it..what happend?

Viking Kitten
5/30/2006, 05:28 PM
You must be quick to catch the JB... SHE IS FAST LIKE MINX!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/30/2006, 05:28 PM
I posted a song in this thread.

D'OH!

LONG THLEAD, ROUNDEYE!

Viking Kitten
5/30/2006, 05:31 PM
I was going to bust her, but by the time I hit the quote button she had fixed it.

She is the Uma Thurman to my Daryl Hannah.

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 05:47 PM
Who can I be?

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 05:57 PM
Who can I be?
Jar Jar Binks?:confused:

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 06:01 PM
Jar Jar Binks?:confused:

:confused:

Is he/she from Star Wars?

Viking Kitten
5/30/2006, 06:06 PM
Who can I be?

You can be Lucy Liu or Vivica A. Fox.

None of these are good options, by the way, but that's all there is.

ChickSoonerFan
5/30/2006, 06:37 PM
You can be Lucy Liu or Vivica A. Fox.

None of these are good options, by the way, but that's all there is.

They have to be better than Jar Jar Binks.

I will go with Lucy Liu.

Thanks

IronSooner
5/30/2006, 07:15 PM
I was hoping to come back to some pics and this thread appears to be girl-jacked. sigh.

walkoffsooner
5/30/2006, 07:22 PM
I knew a guy who drew a cross on his forhead then went to Calif.to get some coffee.;)

Tailwind
5/30/2006, 08:05 PM

Ewwww!!!

usmc-sooner
5/30/2006, 08:47 PM
I shave off my pubes and draw them back in pencil

:D :eddie:

StoopTroup
5/30/2006, 08:51 PM
out

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2006, 08:59 PM
The only people that I know with eyebrows drawn on had chemo and lost all of their hair, including eyelashes. I figure they can get away with it.

Viking Kitten
5/30/2006, 09:36 PM
They have to be better than Jar Jar Binks.

I will go with Lucy Liu.

Thanks

Jar Jar doesn't buy it in a spectacularly violent fashion, as much as we may want him to. His screen time certainly got cut down in two and three.

Hmm. There's always David Carradine.

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 09:36 PM
I saw a lady today with a perpetual angry look penciled in today.

It inspired me.

There will be pictures before long, but tonights not the night.

I think I'll try out the burns first.

proud gonzo
5/30/2006, 10:00 PM
Jar Jar doesn't buy it in a spectacularly violent fashion, as much as we may want him to. His screen time certainly got cut down in two and three.

Hmm. There's always David Carradine.

I think I'd rather be Sonny Chiba's character

(he's the Katana maker, Hattori Hanzo)

booomer
5/30/2006, 11:00 PM

Heh!

No, but I do sometimes shave my head and draw it back on. :P

soonerbrat
5/30/2006, 11:05 PM

i have permanent lip color and eyeliner. i love it.

and i don't remove all my eyebrows..but i do have them waxed occasionally.

saucysoonergal
5/30/2006, 11:41 PM
gah

Melo
5/31/2006, 12:05 AM

I've always been curious how they do this. Do they basically tattoo it, or what?

ChickSoonerFan
5/31/2006, 12:18 AM
I've always been curious how they do this. Do they basically tattoo it, or what?

I think so, basically.

I used to have my eyelashes dyed black when I was younger. Worked pretty good, never had permanent make-up though.

Melo
5/31/2006, 12:19 AM
I think so, basically.

I used to have my eyelashes dyed black when I was younger. Worked pretty good, never had permanent make-up though.

Hm, thats interesting.

How did you dye your eye lashes? Or did someone else do that for you?

ChickSoonerFan
5/31/2006, 12:25 AM
Hm, thats interesting.

How did you dye your eye lashes? Or did someone else do that for you?

Yeah I went to a beauty salon and they did it..stung like HELL! But it was pretty. I haven't done it in years and years, probably since before you were born. :O

Melo
5/31/2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah I went to a beauty salon and they did it..stung like HELL! But it was pretty. I haven't done it in years and years, probably since before you were born. :O

Huh, thats interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

proud gonzo
5/31/2006, 01:04 AM
i have permanent lip color

yeah, so do I. it's called SKIN

;)

Jerk
5/31/2006, 04:32 AM
I pull my nose hairs out, but I don't draw them back in.

Dang....just thinking about it makes my eyes water.

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 05:42 AM

yep, it's an actual tattoo. on the lips, though, the color actually does fade over time and you have to get it redone every few years. I had mine done over 3 years ago and it still looks pretty good. it's definitely faded some, but my lips are always a little pinkish. the eyeliner is great..i had her do a really light line, nothing dramatic. I don't even think my eyeliner is as dark as stanley's :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/31/2006, 06:58 AM
I think old ladies are mainly the ones who draw their eyebrows back on. Except a lifelong friend of our family draws hers on. They are brown. She also wears all that greasy cake makeup that is all shiny, including blue eyeshadow.

As far as dying lashes, I am going to have mine dyed before I go to Coz in two weeks. I don't want to mess w/ much makeup while I am there, but my eyes disappear without mascara.

I'll also get my brows, chin and lip waxed. I don't want some native thinking I am a dude because I've got a nice beard and mustache going.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/31/2006, 08:30 AM
Oh, yeah.

I'm learning A LOT from this thread...

crawfish
5/31/2006, 08:40 AM
some color to fill in the eyebrows is one thing, but why anyone would ever draw the eyebrows back on is beyond me. People who don't know when to stop plucking? or just people with bad taste. i don't know.

*whew*, you said "plucking". I was afraid I was going to have to start drawing my eyebrows back on.

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/31/2006, 01:44 PM

Makeup tattoos? Where vanity and laziness collide. That's pretty ick, unless you're a televangelist's wife. Then it's ok.

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/31/2006, 01:46 PM

As you can see, she's a lot happier.
http://gnuhaus.com/iblog/joker.jpg

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 01:49 PM
Makeup tattoos? Where vanity and laziness collide. That's pretty ick, unless you're a televangelist's wife. Then it's ok.

thanks.

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/31/2006, 01:52 PM

You are so lying.

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 01:53 PM
You are so lying.

i lie not.

and i think it looks good. do i look like a televangelists wife?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/Picture018a.jpg

Mjcpr
5/31/2006, 01:54 PM
thanks.
[Al Czervik] Oh, it looks good on you though. [/Al Czervik]

Mjcpr
5/31/2006, 01:55 PM
i lie not.

Only because of the booze in close proximity to your lips but other than you don't.

;)

TopDaugIn2000
5/31/2006, 01:59 PM
my mom had her lips and eyeliner tatooed last summer. looked like HELL for about a week 'til it healed. now it's ok.

step-mom had her lips, eyeliner, and eyebrows done. along with electrolis on her legs and underarms so she doesn't have to shave. she's a little high-maintenance. especially since she works cows all day on the farm.

NormanPride
5/31/2006, 02:47 PM
I would think permanent hair removal would be very convenient.

crawfish
5/31/2006, 02:54 PM
i lie not.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/Picture018a.jpg

Is NOBODY going to take this bait? My photoshop skills could not POSSIBLY do it justice.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/31/2006, 02:56 PM
I think it looks good and very natural, Brat. If I didn't have an aversion to needles, I'd get my own done.

crawfish
5/31/2006, 03:00 PM
If you want something done...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/cjcmd/Picture018a.jpg

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 03:28 PM
i need more eyelashes

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 03:28 PM
I think it looks good and very natural, Brat. If I didn't have an aversion to needles, I'd get my own done.

they give you a valium :D you don't even see the needles.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/31/2006, 10:38 PM
i need more eyelashesI wore fake lashes on my birthday. I love them. If they weren't such a pain to apply, I'd wear them everyday. I've considered extensions, but they are pretty expensive.

sanantoniosooner
5/31/2006, 10:40 PM
eyelash extensions?

Melo
5/31/2006, 10:41 PM
they give you a valium :D you don't even see the needles.

Makes me wonder if tattooing on your eyes and lips hurt worse than regular tattooing. Its not near bone, but its a more sensitive area.

Do you just go to any tattooist? Or are there doctors to do it? I could just imagine the outcomes if you go to any tattooist.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/31/2006, 10:44 PM
There are salons that do it but they are usually called medical salons because it is technically a medical procedure.

Eyelash extensions are basically false eyelashes that are glued to your real ones and you have to get them replaced every 6 weeks with touch ups in between,

walkoffsooner
5/31/2006, 10:52 PM
Is NOBODY going to take this bait? My photoshop skills could not POSSIBLY do it justice.

Are you a siameiez twin?

soonerbrat
5/31/2006, 11:55 PM
Makes me wonder if tattooing on your eyes and lips hurt worse than regular tattooing. Its not near bone, but its a more sensitive area.

Do you just go to any tattooist? Or are there doctors to do it? I could just imagine the outcomes if you go to any tattooist.

the permanant makeup artist has to be sponsored/supervised by a physician, so most of them work in plastic surgeon's offices. there are a few in some dental offices as well.

the eyeliner didn't hurt at all. they give you a shot to deaden it. after i had it done, i had a bruise by my eye from the shot she gave me to deaden the skin. My lips got bigger than angelina jolie's and they were quite painful for a while. the skin all peels off and plus..if you are prone to fever blisters, you will get them for sure. The doctor will give you Valtrex to take for a few days to try to prevent it, but it's not a 100% prevention.

Melo
6/1/2006, 12:05 AM
the permanant makeup artist has to be sponsored/supervised by a physician, so most of them work in plastic surgeon's offices. there are a few in some dental offices as well.

the eyeliner didn't hurt at all. they give you a shot to deaden it. after i had it done, i had a bruise by my eye from the shot she gave me to deaden the skin. My lips got bigger than angelina jolie's and they were quite painful for a while. the skin all peels off and plus..if you are prone to fever blisters, you will get them for sure. The doctor will give you Valtrex to take for a few days to try to prevent it, but it's not a 100% prevention.

I was wondering about that. Regular tats go through that scratchy/peely/fuzzy stage. lips and eyes seem like it would be worse because the skin moves around a lot more.

OCUDad
6/1/2006, 12:09 AM
Ew, ew, ew. Take this to a chick thread. Oh wait...