PDA

View Full Version : NEVER WILL I HELP PEPS MOVE AGAIN (long)

OUHOMER
5/29/2006, 08:23 PM
3 Day weekend and it sucked. I was suppose to start my vacation when I got off Friday. But due too major changes at work that start next Friday I decide to work Saturday just to dot the I’s and cross some T’s. So Friday my sister calls and asks if I could help her move this weekend. Well I had planned on moving my daughter back home so I said I would Sunday.
Now she has had an about 7 months to get out of this house. (Bad divorce, bankruptcy etc). I asked her if she had things boxed and ready. She said she had some of it boxed and needed to box a few other things.

Let me tell you, when you walk into somebody’s house to help move them. The DAMN BED SHOULD NOT STILL BE MADE. Nothing was ready, plus the help she had lined up did not show. My sister is 4’ nothing and weights 98 lbs. My wife and I loaded me pickup and a 16 ‘trailer by ourselves. Got most of it loaded and than unloaded at my mom’s barn. Sister did not want to make another trip, I told her I could not help be because I was going out of town. Any way done with that BS.

Today I move my daughter home. She lived on the 8th floor. Son did not show up to help, so it was me and the wife again. Lucky very small place. I could not get the couch out the door. No tools to take it off the hinges. . Had to leave it and the love seat. Very small elevators. Barely got the box spring in the damn thing. Anyway after about 40 trips back and forth we got it loaded.

Came home had to clean my building to make room for her stuff.. Did I mention it was hot this weekend? Oh yea stopped and bought a window unit for the daughters room.

Damn I am tired, and I have to go to work tomorrow. Good start to my vacation.
Sorry had to vent.
:(

afs
5/29/2006, 08:29 PM
""Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 08:29 PM
But did you have fun doing it? ;)

Tailwind
5/29/2006, 08:31 PM
Wow! Tough luck. Hope you enjoy the respite of work tomorrow. :D

StoopTroup
5/29/2006, 08:46 PM
You helped Family...

Good Job.

Respect to you Homer.

OUHOMER
5/29/2006, 09:00 PM
Oh i would probly do it again. But next time I hope they atleast have stuff ready and a few more bodys. more poor wife work her tail. I am the kind that does not take breaks, I keep going until its done.

No it wasnt fun, and yes i can not wait to get back to work, even if it is my vacation.