PDA

View Full Version : I bet USC is shaking in thier cleats.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 06:48 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1358/5071216/10367069/149575217.jpg

snp
5/29/2006, 06:52 PM
"They're coming...to get beat by 50"

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 06:53 PM
That might explain the skull in the helmet.

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 06:59 PM
Who who will you be pulling for in that game? I would normally pull for Nebbish, but the Callahan Factor just nixes that.

OKC-SLC
5/29/2006, 06:59 PM
heh.

oumartin
5/29/2006, 07:06 PM
how about I bet usc instead of I beat

OKC-SLC
5/29/2006, 07:07 PM
Who who will you be pulling for in that game? I would normally pull for Nebbish, but the Callahan Factor just nixes that.
Exactly my thoughts.

Still, though. I'll be pulling for NU. But a part of me will be laughing at Callafag if SUC beats them Razorback style.

arlington
5/29/2006, 08:31 PM
Have to root for NU, regardless of how i feel for Calahan..NU will get bigheaded and still doesnt have the talent to win 10 games next year and most importantly, to have a chance at a NC next year with an undefeated Sooner squad, we need SC to remove itself from the equation of undefeateds..

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 08:44 PM
However, you can be sure that the stadium there will have a ton of red in it. USC had to make changes to their ticket procedures this year, because Nebraskan's and Domer's bought up some many of their season tickets because they were dirt cheap. It will be like Nebraska at Notre Dame a few years back for this game, especially because Nebraska has an unusally large alumni contingent in SoCal.

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 08:48 PM
Begrudgingly, I will be rooting for Callahan. SUC just makes me PUKE!

SoonerMooner
5/29/2006, 09:30 PM
Callahan sucks. But it's not even a question who I will be rooting for. Bugeaters all the way. How anyone could call themselves a Sooner fan and still pull for USC even against the Al Qaeda football team quarterbacked by Satan himself is beyond me after what transpired in "that which we don't speak of".

Hell, deep down I still haven't gotten over it. It scarred me for life. F suc. I hope SoCal falls off into the ocean. F 'em.

Rogue
5/29/2006, 09:42 PM
Callenberger is temporary, the evil that is SUC is forever.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/29/2006, 09:43 PM
I have to admit USC has a pretty sweet stadium

Im rooting for the wall of corn, but they probably won't win

TheGodfather889
5/29/2006, 10:05 PM
I still can't forgive USC for that game we don't speak of, so Go Huskers!

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 10:23 PM
However, you can be sure that the stadium there will have a ton of red in it. USC had to make changes to their ticket procedures this year, because Nebraskan's and Domer's bought up some many of their season tickets because they were dirt cheap. It will be like Nebraska at Notre Dame a few years back for this game, especially because Nebraska has an unusally large alumni contingent in SoCal.

That's because none of them want to live in Nebraska.

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 10:55 PM
That's because none of them want to live in Nebraska.
But apparently they all got jobs in a high cost of living area with their UNL degrees, and at this point that's what concerns me most.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:02 PM
I bet 90% of the Nebraska fans that live out of state didn't even grace the halls of good old NebU.

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 11:05 PM
I bet 90% of the Nebraska fans that live out of state didn't even grace the halls of good old NebU.
You would think that except, that Nebraska actually has a large alumni chapter that is well organized out there. It ties in because alot of Nebraskan's moved out their during the depression, and thus UNL alums had a built in Network out their for use later. I wouldn't be shocked if there were a lot of Oklahoma alums in Southern Cal as well.

Harry Beanbag
5/29/2006, 11:06 PM
Does that mean they're gonna get skull****ed this year?

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:13 PM
You would think that except, that Nebraska actually has a large alumni chapter that is well organized out there. It ties in because alot of Nebraskan's moved out their during the depression, and thus UNL alums had a built in Network out their for use later. I wouldn't be shocked if there were a lot of Oklahoma alums in Southern Cal as well.

I don't know about that. I don't think David Max went to UNL but he organizes a lot of stuff in SoCal for the alumni group.

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 11:17 PM
I don't know about that. I don't think David Max went to UNL but he organizes a lot of stuff in SoCal for the alumni group.
One person hardly constitutes a general rule, and either way there a ton of Nebraska ex-pats in SoCal, and unless you want to make the argument that you need to have went to a school to be a fan, I don't see what difference it makes.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:21 PM
I'm just saying because they have a large group doesn't mean they all went to school there. Heck what do those Alaskans for Nebraska do up there kill whales for blubber? ;)

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 11:24 PM
I'm just saying because they have a large group doesn't mean they all went to school there. Heck what do those Alaskans for Nebraska do up there kill whales for blubber? ;)
I think in the case of SoCal it is a mix of both. For out of state areas there is one of the highest per capita groups of Nebraska graduates, as well as a lot of Nebraska ex-pats. As a statitistical representations there is a high amount of Nebraska alums compared to other areas. That was my point.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:27 PM
Are there simply no jobs in Nebraska or is living in the state so bad everyone wants out?

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 11:34 PM
Are there simply no jobs in Nebraska or is living in the state so bad everyone wants out?
There aren't that many jobs in certain fields in Nebraska. Plus the Nebraska-SoCal pipeline has been there a long time dating back to the depression, so it isn't like that has evolved over night. For Nebraska, the major employers are either Agribusines(ConAgra, Scoular, FCS, CoBank, Cargill, Lindsay, Valmont, other Ag Credit, and Ethanol), Transportation(Union Pacfic, and Werner), engineering(Peter Kiewet), and IT(PayPal, Ameritrade, InfoUSA) Plus telemarketing because we don't have any accents. Berkshire is worth a lot of money and is HQ'ed here but they don't hire a lot of people. A certain percentage of your people are going to go out of state. How many of the Oklahoma grads on this board live outside of Oklahoma, and I bet they gravitate to certain areas(eg Dallas) For Nebraska one of those areas happens to be SoCal.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:38 PM
KC to Nebraska is like Dallas to Oklahoma.

royalfan5
5/29/2006, 11:41 PM
KC to Nebraska is like Dallas to Oklahoma.
I would have made a better comparison but I don't know where OU sends a lot of graduates. For another example, I did my undergraduate work at a small private school in Nebraska. We have a lot of alumni in Denver, and as a result get a lot of new students from the Front Range. An alumni base in an area because a self-sustaining thing. Nebraska has that in SoCal, that's my basic point.

Tear Down This Wall
5/30/2006, 09:17 AM
Dude, I still can't throw Nebraska under the bus. Even with Callahan. If we're all honest, we'll look back on the formation of the Big 12 and see that Dr. Tom was the only person involved with sense enough to try to oppose the stupid crap the SWC failures wanted when they joined.

Versus any one but OU, it'll always be "Go 'Huskers!" for me. Look at some of you, getting ready to pull against Sherwood Taylor's kid. Screw ya'll.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/30/2006, 10:14 AM
maybe they'll have an earthquake there and we'll never have to hear about callenberger and usc again...;)

josh09
5/30/2006, 12:22 PM
this pic makes me laugh

thast just all there is to it

sshusker
5/30/2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks to you Sooner fans who remember the mutual respect that our two teams have enjoyed over the past. I would have to say that most Husker fans that I run into when I go visit, have OU as their 2nd favorite team. The ones that don't usually still have great respect for the Sooners.

As far as USC, they have better tallent than NU. I think we are getting better but we have a way to go. I think this will be an interesting game. USC's new players and playing them early in the season could help NU, but it will be tough.

opksooner
5/30/2006, 02:28 PM
I'll pull for the 'skers to beat the spoiled children. Then, in December, we topple the 'skers.....the team that beat usc. It's all good.

Blitzkrieg
5/30/2006, 05:52 PM
It matters not, USC rolls.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/30/2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks to you Sooner fans who remember the mutual respect that our two teams have enjoyed over the past. I would have to say that most Husker fans that I run into when I go visit, have OU as their 2nd favorite team. The ones that don't usually still have great respect for the Sooners.

As far as USC, they have better tallent than NU. I think we are getting better but we have a way to go. I think this will be an interesting game. USC's new players and playing them early in the season could help NU, but it will be tough.

I intend no offense to you.

But that "mutual respect" thing you speak of only exists with much older Husker fans. The new breed can kiss my crimson keister. Don't know where you're from Nazi (SS?) Husker, but try being a Sooners fan here in the Twin Cities. Miserable.

Old school days I would expect a Husker to respond with "Go Big Red" if I shouted "Boomer Sooner". Today you'll get the bird.

Old school days I would expect to have an intelligent football conversation with a Husker fan. Today you can't even attempt it without being shouted down and not allowed to get a word in edgewise.

And yes, I blame that miserable bufoon you have for a head coach. Classless to the N'th (pun intended) degree. Tom Osborne is rolling over in his grave and he's not even dead yet. And the majority of Nebraska fans these days don't agree with me, which means they are symptomatic of the problem rather than being a possible cure to get it turned around.

And look at the state of your program: R-T-O..."Restore The Order"? Are you bleepin' kidding me? Your marketing department is lapping up Colorado leftovers that, by the way, were regurgitated right back into their own Big XII North dinner bowls before they withered away and DIED.

Simply put: You need new leadership at your institution (for the morally bankrupt, apparently) before I will ever have that mutual respect factor back.

I hope you get trounced by 50.

And all you Sooners fans who are hoping the bugeaters get over, you better be careful what you wish for. How would you like to have your next-door-Nebbish in your grill crowing about how his still-not-as-good-as-they-used-to-be Huskers squad put down USC while one of OUr best squads ever got run? How many recruits do you want whisked away by the exposure that such a monumental upset can generate?

And don't misinterpret what I am saying bugeaters. I'm not worried one whit about "the storm that's brewin".

I'm just saying you don't deserve it. Not yet. Not as long or until Callenburger turns his classless act around. And don't bet the farm on that ever happening...

sshusker
5/31/2006, 08:51 AM
Soonerboy-trying not to offend? Your hate for NU is obvious, so I will not try to defend. By the way, I live in Sand Springs, OK. I am not a Nazi, the SS is part of the town I live in. Have a great day!

methomps
5/31/2006, 05:23 PM

That's not true. SC ticket office had to stop selling single-game tickets for the Nebraska and Notre Dame games to the general public because it didn't have enough to reserve for season ticket holders.

And there will be a lot of red in the stadium, because SC and Nebraska fans both wear red.

101sooner
5/31/2006, 06:19 PM
John Blake sucks.

The Consumate Showman
5/31/2006, 06:21 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1358/5071216/10367069/149575217.jpg

Replace that Nebbish crap with a hog and I'll buy it.

Callafag is a LONG way from being a good big 12 coach.

royalfan5
5/31/2006, 06:23 PM
That's not true. SC ticket office had to stop selling single-game tickets for the Nebraska and Notre Dame games to the general public because it didn't have enough to reserve for season ticket holders.

And there will be a lot of red in the stadium, because SC and Nebraska fans both wear red.
Maroon isn't red. SC wears Maroon. And lot of those season ticket holders have Nebraska addresses, I know at least 5 people personally that bought USC season tickets.

methomps
5/31/2006, 06:59 PM
Maroon isn't red. SC wears Maroon. And lot of those season ticket holders have Nebraska addresses, I know at least 5 people personally that bought USC season tickets.

SC wears cardinal.

royalfan5
5/31/2006, 07:44 PM
SC wears cardinal.
looks alot like maroon to me. Nebraska's scarlet is a lot different than there cardinal.

badger
5/31/2006, 07:50 PM
even though tennessee had a losing record by the end of the season, Notre Dame beat them when they were ranked and therefore, beat many ranked opponents and deserve a BCS bowl

[bug eater]even though USC will likely have a 1-11 record by December, the fact that they are now in the top 10 shows that Nebraska can beat quality opponents...[/bug eater]

I've had it up to here with Callahan!

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2006, 10:35 PM
John Blake sucks.

spek http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

The VIIIth
6/1/2006, 10:05 AM

Quite true royalfan, one of OU's largest Alumni Groups is the SoCal Sooner Club, when I was a member back in 1985 while on the left coast there were about 7K members in socal alone.

We had a huge contingent at the game vs the University of Spoiled Children years ago in the early 80's...I don't remember much except Fred Cornwell breaking my heart.

Stitch Face
6/4/2006, 12:53 PM
It's hard to "hate" Nebraska.

But it's easy to enjoy watching them lose with Schnellehan at the helm.

Every new loss and flustered press conference increases his puzzled, indignant look, as if to say: "I just can't understand why my team is so sucky!"

AzianSooner
6/4/2006, 01:56 PM
but the picture look cool for Neb.

freshchris05
6/4/2006, 01:57 PM
USC wear cardinal, it doesn't look maroon it looks more burgandy than maroon, maroon has more blue in it than burgandy.. my high school team is maroon and i don;t want to be associated with usc... but anyway enough with art class...

I respect Nebraska enough... if they win thats good if not i don't care... and when they are playing my sooners i hope we score 80...

i think we should play them every year. Nebraska(not as much anymore) has good fans, a nice program and some trophies. i enjoy the rivalry, i'd rather play Nebraska every year than LosuR.

But then the aggies would compare the teams all the time and what if's would happen... aggies love to always try to one up you when they don't win head to head, ie "we beat this team, who beat, who beat, who beat, who beat x10, who beat you"... its like whats the point... texas i hope they get trounced every game you know haha... that respect is not there.. i onlywant texas and losur to win if it helps us.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/4/2006, 03:00 PM
Soonerboy-trying not to offend? Your hate for NU is obvious, so I will not try to defend. By the way, I live in Sand Springs, OK. I am not a Nazi, the SS is part of the town I live in. Have a great day!

Hate? I don't respect* NU enough to hate them. Despite. That's the word you're looking for.

*You know... that thing that all Husker whiners pretend to have and covet undeservingly from the rest of college football. You cornholers are a lot like Minnesotans. They shout from the mountaintops to everyone that they are nice, but they really aren't. At least, they are no more so than anyone else. Just because you say you are respectful and classy doesn't make it so. You have to walk the walk, as well...

royalfan5
6/4/2006, 05:30 PM
Hate? I don't respect* NU enough to hate them. Despite. That's the word you're looking for.

*You know... that thing that all Husker whiners pretend to have and covet undeservingly from the rest of college football. You cornholers are a lot like Minnesotans. They shout from the mountaintops to everyone that they are nice, but they really aren't. At least, they are no more so than anyone else. Just because you say you are respectful and classy doesn't make it so. You have to walk the walk, as well...
You know I have been saying that for years, which is why I am widely regarded as a heritic on the Nebraska boards. Personally I really hate the whole clapping for the visiting team bit. I loved it when Mike Leach called us out on it too.

badger
6/4/2006, 06:44 PM
i laugh everytime i see this:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/256619.jpg
or this:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/261117.jpg
or this:
http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_99000/FF132076-s.jpg
or this:
http://www.oswaldmosley.com/images/holbeck2.jpg
oh wait -- that's depressing. i meant THIS:
http://myweb.unomaha.edu/~bpharris/cally2.gif

Thousands Strong
6/4/2006, 11:25 PM
Usually rooting for NU except when playing the Sooners...

Wish we could somehow bring them back to the Thanksgiving weekend on an annual basis...

-TS