PDA

View Full Version : Already... getting... p!ssed off!

goingoneight
5/29/2006, 06:22 PM
Apparently tOSU, SUC, slUT and the domers are media babies for 2006.

The poll question reads... "Which team is most likely to win the 2006 college football National Championship?"

I mean, come on... That is not a four-team kind of selection. They should make a list of like the top 25 and see whatthe results are. I can see it already, OU is fresh off of 13 straight wins and a BIG 12 crown next season, and a 10-2, double-overtime CCG loser is still ranked higher than us! Oh, well that's what the crystal ball is for I guess. We'll just see who ends up No. 1. I would tout WVU higher than any of them...

tbl
5/29/2006, 06:42 PM
Link?

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 06:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_CollNCF_CollNCF

snp
5/29/2006, 06:46 PM
What the hell are you babbling about?

It's a preseason poll.

OKC-SLC
5/29/2006, 06:58 PM
OU wasn't on the radar's radar in 2000. I'm very fine with this.

But I understand your point--i too was irritated when I saw that. But, we are coming off a year that everyone was hoping we'd have.

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 07:07 PM
If most people around the country have us in their top 5, then why not mention us?

milesl
5/29/2006, 07:43 PM
I noticed that too. Thought it was weird because Ivan Maisel has them down for #2.

goingoneight
5/29/2006, 07:54 PM
OU wasn't on the radar's radar in 2000. I'm very fine with this.

But I understand your point--i too was irritated when I saw that. But, we are coming off a year that everyone was hoping we'd have.

yeah, neither was ND. Totally different picture.

goingoneight
5/29/2006, 08:00 PM
What the hell are you babbling about?

It's a preseason poll.

:rolleyes: (play on Cartman)

(stating media's golden dome erection)

Whew, thought we totally missed the point there or something...

OUstud
5/29/2006, 09:05 PM
What the media seems to forget is that Ty Willingham had a successful first season too...

birddog
5/29/2006, 09:16 PM
the play on the field will do the talking. if we run the table, we'll be in the NC game. it doesn't matter if we are #5 or #20 in preseason. it would be cool to see us play tOSU or the domers for all the marbles.

tbl
5/29/2006, 09:52 PM
Frankly, I like it this way.

Texas Golfer
5/29/2006, 09:58 PM
We all know it's going to be OU and Notre Dame for the national championship. What do we care what the idiots at ESPN think?

snp
5/29/2006, 10:23 PM
What the media seems to forget is that Ty Willingham had a successful first season too...

What ND-hating fans seem to forget is that ND relied a lot on luck and the already stout defense that was in place for Ty. They didn't score an offensive TD until the 3rd game of the year.

Weis has already shown he's an offensive mastermind. Turned Quinn and Samardzija into studs, when Ty let Jeff ride the pine. Hell, he was a 5th option before Weis came and made him number 1.

Weis could have gone undefeated if Willingham would've done any decent recruiting for the defense. He left Weis with the reserves depleted.

But don't worry, since Ty screwed ND over, yet again, ND is going to be horrid in 2007. No OL, no experienced QB, no defense, etc. 2008 they should be good again.

soonerloyal
5/29/2006, 11:23 PM
Par for the course. Our boys never get the proper respect. I hate the media, anyway.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/30/2006, 06:53 PM
My preference: Us in the weeds early, nobody paying us never-no-mind...

Then squash Texas.

Plenty folks will give us respect then.

'Til then I'd agree with them that we haven't earned it. Heck, I don't even think we've earned Top 10 respect. Top 15? Certainly.

Let's not forget those things loved most are those earned best.

...And he heard a whisper, "Red October"....

IronSooner
5/30/2006, 07:10 PM
How many times has the national champion been in the pre-season espn.com voter poll? Relax.

goingoneight
5/30/2006, 09:44 PM
So all of a sudden, a high-powered offense at Ohio State equals a title? A rebuilding team without it's known leader at UT is capable of repeating? A team at USC which lost several Heisman favorites alongside two winners and a weak defense equals a top-five team? A golden dome on a decent quarterback equals an MNC?

If they put down their 2005 Bowl season DVDs for just a second, and look at depth charts, coaching strengths, schedule alignments, conference strengths-- they would realize that this question was due in 2005, not 2006.

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 09:47 PM
Getting picked to win it all has worked out well for us lately.

oumartin
5/30/2006, 10:44 PM
come out the gate like they did last year and there will be no need for this talk.

snp
5/31/2006, 05:31 PM
Par for the course. Our boys never get the proper respect. I hate the media, anyway.

:rolleyes: We were dubbed "The Greatest Team Ever" by the media like 3 years ago.

We get plenty of respect.

TexasLidig8r
5/31/2006, 05:41 PM
Did I miss something? Did Neutred Dame all of a sudden, as in since this past January, just discover A LOT more speed on defense than what they showed when they were being dookie slapped by The Ohio State? I seem to distinctly remember the Irish defenders not only looking out of position.. but.. being run past by the Luckeyes.

Weis knows offense.. there's not much dispute about that. But, with the stunning lack of team speed on defense.. they're gonna be in trouble.

IronHorseSooner
5/31/2006, 07:14 PM
But, with the stunning lack of team speed on defense.. they're gonna be in trouble.

I agree. The thought of AD running loose in their defensive backfield just sends chills down my spine. :D