PDA

View Full Version : Dolemite is so amazingly wrong

proud gonzo
5/29/2006, 06:06 PM
because X-Men 3 does NOT suck. It ROCKS. Seriously.

Eat dirt, :dolemite:

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:07 PM
Think what you want I am know adding to the people who like bad movies group. Tells me alot about you

Okla-homey
5/29/2006, 06:08 PM
because X-Men 3 does NOT suck. It ROCKS. Seriously.

Eat dirt, :dolemite:

BTW, "Over the Hedge" was dang fine entertainment too.

proud gonzo
5/29/2006, 06:09 PM
Think what you want I am know adding to the people who like bad movies group. Tells me alot about you
tells me you wouldn't know a good movie if it bit you on the ***.

buttface

Octavian
5/29/2006, 06:10 PM
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8759/giglipromo6hv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RAWKS!

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:10 PM
tells me you wouldn't know a good movie if it bit you on the ***.

buttface
are you trying to set me off

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, buttface.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:26 PM
wtf

Okla-homey
5/29/2006, 06:29 PM
Pimps ain't known for their cinematic appreciation skillz anyway. They is known fo' they ability to turn ho's out and make that coin.

Tailwind
5/29/2006, 06:29 PM
Doleo, you are so easy. :D

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:39 PM
Its a bad ****ing movie. What would you all think if they made a football movie and killed about the 85 sooner and killed off the boz mid season. If you have never read a comic and know nothing about the characters I guess you can think the movie is ok. But its not a great movie. Its a ****ING FILLER MOVIE . ONLY PEOPLE WHO CLOLECT MOVIE AND IDIOTS WILL BUY IT. ITS BADF

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:43 PM
I'll buy the "trilogy" pack when it eventually comes out since I don't have the first two.

Tailwind
5/29/2006, 06:43 PM
Since I have the first and second movies, I have to have the third, no matter how bad you think it is. I will prolly enjoy it anyway....and i have read most of the comics, to my shame.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:46 PM
Watching a movie like this is like watching a huge pileup on the freeway or watching a train jump the tracks with boxcars and flatcars flying off the tracks rolling over a few times and splitting in two with sparks flying everywhere. It's an iTS HORRIABLE... I would not buy the dvd if someone paid me and I think if you go and see it someone could pay and its stil bad. This movie makes Battlefield Earth look like Citizen Kane.

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:47 PM
You should stick to your prolific rapping career, doleo.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:48 PM
You should stick to your prolific rapping career, doleo.
wtf ever man

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:55 PM
The pacing was crap. The writing was nowhere near as strong as X2. New characters were very underdeveloped. The effects, while quite good, were not neccessary to the story. I'm sure Magneto could've come up a much more efficient and less apparent method of getting to the Worthington facility on Alcatraz. Ranter is a ****ing hack

Ridiculous Moments:
-Angel flying from New York to California almost as fast as the X-Jet and getting there just in time to save his father.
-The foolish posturing between Beast and Storm in the Mansion after Xavier was killed by Jean. "I heard this was a safe place for mutants." "It used to be." "It still is. Tell everyone the school's staying open!" Oh, please.
-Mystique selling her info on Magneto to the Government. A situation that just happens to be on live video feed to the President's situation room!
-The "cure" being apparently temporary, which, in effect, kinda deletes all of the story that I just suffered through for almost two hours.
- Phoienx hardly ****ing did anythig the whole ****ing movie.
- They but Worthington Industries at ****ing alcatraz just so they could tear down the ****ing golden gate bridge. When Magneto tears it down its ****ing daylight and then all the sudden they are ****ing fighting in the dark.

Seriously this movie is messed up in an almost Matrix: Revolutions or Batman Forever kind of way. I'm not sure if Ratner was the first and only choice to replace Singer, but I'm certain that I could have done a better job. Don't waste your time or money. Stay home. Rewatch Batman Begins, X2, Spider-man 2, and Hulk. X3 is really THAT BAD!!

birddog
5/29/2006, 07:40 PM
you lost me at magneto.

handcrafted
5/29/2006, 07:46 PM
I agree, :dolemite: = buttface

Pole, anyone? :D

proud gonzo
5/29/2006, 08:02 PM
:dolemite: just doesn't understand the power of leather pants.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 08:13 PM
I ubderstand the power of you guys to **** me off

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 08:34 PM
The pacing was crap. The writing was nowhere near as strong as X2. New characters were very underdeveloped. The effects, while quite good, were not neccessary to the story. I'm sure Magneto could've come up a much more efficient and less apparent method of getting to the Worthington facility on Alcatraz. Ranter is a ****ing hack

Ridiculous Moments:
-Angel flying from New York to California almost as fast as the X-Jet and getting there just in time to save his father.
-The foolish posturing between Beast and Storm in the Mansion after Xavier was killed by Jean. "I heard this was a safe place for mutants." "It used to be." "It still is. Tell everyone the school's staying open!" Oh, please.
-Mystique selling her info on Magneto to the Government. A situation that just happens to be on live video feed to the President's situation room!
-The "cure" being apparently temporary, which, in effect, kinda deletes all of the story that I just suffered through for almost two hours.
- They but Worthington Industries at ****ing alcatraz just so they could tear down the ****ing golden gate bridge. When Magneto tears it down its ****ing daylight and then all the sudden they are ****ing fighting in the dark.
- Me not understanding it's a FRICKIN COMIC BOOK MOVIE and not real life.

Seriously this movie is messed up in an almost Matrix: Revolutions or Batman Forever kind of way. I'm not sure if Ratner was the first and only choice to replace Singer, but I'm certain that I could have done a better job. Don't waste your time or money. Stay home. Rewatch Batman Begins, X2, Spider-man 2, and Hulk. X3 is really THAT BAD!!

I sure hope the new Superman movie works out better for you. :D

StoopTroup
5/29/2006, 08:34 PM
I'm going to watch my copy of Battlefield Earth again later...it's the shiznitz.

Scott D
5/29/2006, 08:42 PM

Ridiculous Moments:

it's a movie...suspended belief. If you ever went into any of the X-Men films expecting them to stay true to form you were in denial from the beginning. The movies are about what you can cram actionwise, and if there happens to be a plot relevant story it's generally by accident by the time it's reached the screener audience.

you'd never have had the expectations that you seem to have had for this or any other film based on any form of print if you'd ever read the article Kevin Smith did about the ill fated Superman vehicle that Tim Burton was making, and Smith was brought in as a writer on.

SoonerWood
5/29/2006, 09:03 PM
I'm amazed doleo, that you can't seem to understand that ANYTHING can happen in these freaking comic book movies. But at the same time you'll know who cloned who with psychic powers on a floating mountain in an alternate dimension right after a planet gave birth to a golden monkey, which is completely believable because it was written in a comic book, right? But if a superhero dies, they can't come back? whaaatever

plus - the comic books don't have to deal with actors and contracts. I'm sure if the Prof X comic book character got too old, too busy, or whatever to do another comic, then they would have to write him out somehow.

You sound like all the evangalists that are ****ed about the Da Vinci Code.

sanantoniosooner
5/29/2006, 09:07 PM
I reely wanted to see wolvereen in yello spandex.
:O

bri
5/29/2006, 09:18 PM
As usual, gonzo is right, and doleo is that special kind of wrong that's almost too wrong to be properly described by the word "wrong". :D

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:25 PM
I'm amazed doleo, that you can't seem to understand that ANYTHING can happen in these freaking comic book movies. But at the same time you'll know who cloned who with psychic powers on a floating mountain in an alternate dimension right after a planet gave birth to a golden monkey, which is completely believable because it was written in a comic book, right? But if a superhero dies, they can't come back? whaaatever

plus - the comic books don't have to deal with actors and contracts. I'm sure if the Prof X comic book character got too old, too busy, or whatever to do another comic, then they would have to write him out somehow.

You sound like all the evangalists that are ****ed about the Da Vinci Code.
Yes anything can happen because *** hats like Jeff Ranter take somthing and rip it to shreads and change it how they want to kill people for no good reason ,(or what they call dramatic effect.) *** hats like Jeff Ranter have are just trying to make a buck on the stupid *** average audeince not caring about the work that people like Stan lee, Jack Kirby, Chris Claremont, John Byrne, Neal Adams, and Grant morrison put there lifeblood into.

Who cares about ****ing contracts get a new actor.

The reason the evangalists are bitching is beacuse they are ****ing ignorant. I am talking about somthing totaly differnt. Its not even close to the same

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:26 PM
As usual, gonzo is right, and doleo is that special kind of wrong that's almost too wrong to be properly described by the word "wrong". :D

So you just went and proved youself gay again. Gonzo liked the movie cause Hugh Jackman wore tight leather. I bet you liked that too

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:29 PM
I sure hope the new Superman movie works out better for you. :D
You know what.....even tho I am not a superman fan I will proably like it more. You want to know why. Because Bryan Singer is Directing it. He will hold true to the character. He will hold true because he loves comics and he wont **** on what other people have spent there whole life writing

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:32 PM
:dolemite: just doesn't understand the power of leather pants.

Is it a guy wearing leather pants?

bri
5/29/2006, 09:33 PM
No, actually, I liked it because I'm not a slavishly devoted fanboy, clinging to the canon of decades of various X-Men titles like the crying guy at the wrestling convention, crying "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME!!!"

I'll admit, the pacing felt rushed in the first act...but then, they HAD to. Jean's rebirth, the announcement of the "cure", Magneto building the Brotherhood; each could have been its own film if they so chose. But they didn't have months and months worth of issues to stretch the story out. They had to cut to the chase. I'll submit that the movie COULD have stood to have been longer; this had three times the story that Hulk had, yet was shorter. (BLISSFULLY shorter.) I don't know what they plan to do with the franchise from here on out (I know there's talk of a Magneto prequel), but regardless of if it's the end of the X-Men on film or the start of a new chapter, I liked it. It serves either purpose admirably.

Was that too much serious discussion, or should I have just called you a name and said "f*ck" a lot?

Scott D
5/29/2006, 09:35 PM
I would have gone with the name calling and repetitive profanities myself. ;)

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:35 PM
No, actually, I liked it because I'm not a slavishly devoted fanboy, clinging to the canon of decades of various X-Men titles like the crying guy at the wrestling convention, crying "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME!!!"

I'll admit, the pacing felt rushed in the first act...but then, they HAD to. Jean's rebirth, the announcement of the "cure", Magneto building the Brotherhood; each could have been its own film if they so chose. But they didn't have months and months worth of issues to stretch the story out. They had to cut to the chase. I'll submit that the movie COULD have stood to have been longer; this had three times the story that Hulk had, yet was shorter. (BLISSFULLY shorter.) I don't know what they plan to do with the franchise from here on out (I know there's talk of a Magneto prequel), but regardless of if it's the end of the X-Men on film or the start of a new chapter, I liked it. It serves either purpose admirably.

Was that too much serious discussion, or should I have just called you a name and said "f*ck" a lot?

call me a name and say **** alot i like that :D

handcrafted
5/29/2006, 09:39 PM
The reason the evangalists are bitching is beacuse they are ****ing ignorant. I am talking about somthing totaly differnt. Its not even close to the same

Yeah, I agree. Apples and oranges. You're ****ed because X3 didn't come anywhere close to the truth of a historically reliable comic book.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:39 PM

Not only was it short but it was ruched ...you see you don't have to do that. They did not do this in the second movie why here. It had the worst pacing I have seen a movie have in awhile.

Yes I am a fan boy....but thats the thing it was not just fan boy stuff the movie was **** as a whole. Editing, Pacing, Dialogue, and some of the shots were horriable.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I agree. Apples and oranges. You're ****ed because X3 didn't come anywhere close to the truth of a historically reliable comic book.
Thats no thte only reason I am ****ed ...Its called reading try it some time:D

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:41 PM
Is it a guy wearing leather pants?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:43 PM
Inquiring minds would like to know!
YES SHE IS TALKING ABOUT HUGH JACKMAN

Vaevictis
5/29/2006, 09:44 PM
Some of us don't go into X-Men (of all things) expecting high art. It's based on a comic book for goodness' sake; you know, the genre that practically *invented* broken story lines filled with cheesey dialog?

If you can get over the fact that *shock* it's not totally true to the original, you might see that it is fairly entertaining even if it is drivel.

(Besides, as far as killing Xavier, Cyclops and Jean Grey goes... I'm no expert on the matter, but AFAIK, Phoenix can do pretty much whatever Phoenix wants to do, yes? Including bring people back to life?)

bri
5/29/2006, 09:44 PM
What amuses me is that, in a franchise with evolution at its core, people are bitching about the story evolving too much. :D

I wish I could say I've read the comics from the beginning, but I haven't. I've read a bit, mostly the crossover stuff...which reminds me of my one major gripe with the movie: Kitty should have been WAY hotter. But then, that's just my unhealthy love for the Ultimate Universe Kitty talking.

F*ckin' Spidey...lucky f*cker. :D

Anyway, my biggest weakness as a "reviewer" is that I go into any movie to be entertained; I'll always focus on the stuff I like more than try and nitpick. And I've seen the doleo rage on this matter; I've heard Froz give it a "meh"...so I kept waiting for it to suck. And in my eyes, it didn't. But then again, I'm easily entertained...I mean, I like it HERE, for f*ck's sake. :D

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:45 PM
YES SHE IS TALKING ABOUT HUGH JACKMAN

NO NEED TO USE ALL CAPITILIZATION WITH ME, MR. "I. WEAR. FRILLY. pANTIES."

And that being said, I will be seeing the movie asap. Mmmm... tight pants. :)

bri
5/29/2006, 09:46 PM
(Besides, as far as killing Xavier, Cyclops and Jean Grey goes... I'm no expert on the matter, but AFAIK, Phoenix can do pretty much whatever Phoenix wants to do, yes? Including bring people back to life?)

Feh, Dr. X ain't dead. He answered his own ethics question from earlier in the movie. ;) And Jean? Hell, Jean dies every Tuesday. :P

I was cool with killing Cyclops because he's a f*ckin' aggy. :D

Octavian
5/29/2006, 09:47 PM
"I. WEAR. FRILLY. pANTIES."

go on...

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:48 PM
go on...

No no no no.... youre mistaken.

DOLEO wears frilly panties.

I do not.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:49 PM
go on...
she was talking about me she is stuck on it. and for you sr I will never wear frilly panties

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:50 PM
No no no no.... youre mistaken.

DOLEO wears frilly panties.

I do not.
haha:D

Octavian
5/29/2006, 09:50 PM
too late...I gotta new sig!

"I. WEAR. FRILLY. pANTIES."

;)

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:51 PM
Some of us don't go into X-Men (of all things) expecting high art. It's based on a comic book for goodness' sake; you know, the genre that practically *invented* broken story lines filled with cheesey dialog?

If you can get over the fact that *shock* it's not totally true to the original, you might see that it is fairly entertaining even if it is drivel.

It was drivel you are right and I don't advicate drivel

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:52 PM
she was talking about me she is stuck on it. and for you sr I will never wear frilly panties

I lack other things to make fun of you...

And wait... you mean you would wear frilly panties for me? :eek: Ugh.

Melo
5/29/2006, 09:53 PM
too late...I gotta new sig!

;)

:eek: You wouldnt!!!

:mad:

;)

Scott D
5/29/2006, 09:54 PM

except you have over 7800 instances of drivel on SoonerFans.com :D

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:55 PM
I lack other things to make fun of you...

And wait... you mean you would wear frilly panties for me? :eek: Ugh.
sigh no I never said that...lol

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:56 PM
about you have about 15,000:cool: so I guess you know somthing about drivel

bri
5/29/2006, 09:56 PM

http://static.flickr.com/46/131327718_577736f63f_o.gif

I 'spekked too soon, dammit! :D

Octavian
5/29/2006, 09:57 PM
:eek: You wouldnt!!!

;)

:texan:

Vaevictis

All of X-Men is drivel. Every last bit of it. Why should this be any different?

dolemitesooner
All of X-Men is drivel. Every last bit of it. Why should this be any different?
I am done I get to ****ed off about this **** I am going to get banned:mad:

Scott D
5/29/2006, 09:58 PM
about you have about 15,000:cool: so I guess you know somthing about drivel

I never said I didn't advocate drivel..how else can you reply to thread started by Tuba ;)

Melo
:texan:

Bastage. :D

Scott D
I am done I get to ****ed off about this **** I am going to get banned:mad:

Aren't you glad you weren't on this board when Batman & Robin came out? :D

GottaHavePride
There's one line that sums up dolemite's opinion in this thread.

"You ****ers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some ****?"

Scott D
5/29/2006, 10:00 PM
There's one line that sums up dolemite's opinion in this thread.

"You ****ers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some ****?"

I've always pictured Doleo as more of a Steve-Dave than a Brodie.

bri
5/29/2006, 10:03 PM
I've always pictured Doleo as more of a Steve-Dave than a Brodie.

Heh. :D

dolemitesooner
yes

GottaHavePride
Heh.

- Look, it's a schooner!
- HA! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner, it's a sailboat!
- A schooner IS a sailboat, stupid-head!
- You know what? There's no Easter bunny! That's just a guy in a suit!

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 10:04 PM
Heh.

- Look, it's a schooner!
- HA! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner, it's a sailboat!
- A schooner IS a sailboat, stupid-head!
- You know what? There's no Easter bunny! That's just a guy in a suit!
rofl

bri
5/29/2006, 10:05 PM

Hell, I wish I wasn't on this PLANET when Batman & Robin came out...and I actually LIKE the cartoony Adam West version.

Then again, DC sucks. ;)

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 10:06 PM
Hell, I wish I wasn't on this PLANET when Batman & Robin came out...and I actually LIKE the cartoony Adam West version.

Then again, DC sucks. ;)
sigh

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 10:08 PM

Then again, DC sucks. ;)

There is no bigger suc.

bri
5/29/2006, 10:09 PM
sigh

Adam West PUNCHED A SHARK, bitch!

What did your gloomy, brooding Batmen do? Pout? :P

Scott D
5/29/2006, 10:10 PM
I see your heh and raise you a heh

Jay: You're ****ing kidding me! The Easter bunny did this?
Brodie: All I said was that the Easter bunny at the Menlo Park mall was more convincing and he just jumped the railing and knocked me down.
Jay: He's ****ing dead!
Brodie: Oh let it go, he's under a lot of pressure.
[T.S. and Gwen approach them]
T.S. Quint: What the hell happened?
Jay: The guy in the Easter bunny suit kicked his ***.
Brodie: I had it coming.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.vintage-movie-poster.com/Batman_photo.jpg

GottaHavePride
5/29/2006, 10:12 PM
Quick! The shark repellent!

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 10:14 PM
Adam West PUNCHED A SHARK, bitch!

What did your gloomy, brooding Batmen do? Pout? :P
I have seena ton of that stuff guess I have not seen that

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 10:20 PM
Quick! The shark repellent!

That's BAT shark repellent. ;)

bri
5/29/2006, 10:28 PM
Bat ANTI-shark repellent. :D

GottaHavePride
5/29/2006, 10:29 PM
Wait, it repels anti-sharks? what good is that?

;)

Scott D
5/29/2006, 10:29 PM
Bat ANTI-shark repellent. :D

is there any other kind?

bri
5/29/2006, 10:33 PM
I have seena ton of that stuff guess I have not seen that

http://static.flickr.com/46/156120969_6a2a2a0a0e_o.gif

:D

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 10:36 PM
Adam West is a stud!!!

Octavian
5/29/2006, 10:50 PM
Adam West is a stud!!!

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/2043/mayoradamwest4zl.png (http://imageshack.us)

I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy.

GottaHavePride
5/29/2006, 10:55 PM
We gather today to remember those brave Quahog men that were lost at sea. The bible declares, an eye for an eye, so let us now take our vengeance on this murderous ocean! You won't be hurting anyone anymore!

bri
5/29/2006, 10:57 PM
Heh, that reminds me of my reaction when Cyclops eye-beams Lake Alkali.

"TAKE THAT, YOU MEAN WATER!!!!!"

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:00 PM
Cyclops...what a tard. He's in the Howard the Duck super hero category.

bri
5/29/2006, 11:03 PM
Exactly. And then some f'in aggy makes him even LAMER. :D

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:07 PM
Exactly. And then some f'in aggy makes him even LAMER. :D

Spek coming your way. :D

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:08 PM
Well not right now anyway.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bri again.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 11:33 PM
Cyclops...what a tard. He's in the Howard the Duck super hero category.
Your on the Howard the duck level

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:35 PM
:twinkies:
Your on the Howard the duck level

You're on the Howard the Duck droppings level. :twinkies: :D

bri
5/29/2006, 11:38 PM
Lea Thompson WAS hot in that movie, though. :D

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 11:40 PM
Hoocie Mama!!!! :D

GottaHavePride
5/29/2006, 11:49 PM
You're nothin' but a hoochie!

http://www.duffgardens.net/media/images/abewall.gif

yermom
5/30/2006, 12:41 AM
wow, this thread was even better than the last one.

bri
5/30/2006, 12:47 AM
That's 'cause I'm in it. :D

yermom
5/30/2006, 12:56 AM
i missed the stuff after the credits because of that ****er

Scott D
5/30/2006, 01:22 AM
I still think it's hysterical that he's so ****ed about liberties taken with a comic...had it been based off of actual events I can see getting ****ed about it....like say the gay love story in the middle of Pearl Harbor. Or the gay love story as the centerpiece in what should have been a fascinating disaster story in Titanic.

yermom
5/30/2006, 01:41 AM
he mentioned Pearl Harbor in the real life version of the rant :D

bri
5/30/2006, 06:39 AM
Judging by his posting onslaught since the movie came out, it'd probably be easier if you list everything he DIDN'T mention in said rant...;)

Sooner24
5/30/2006, 07:15 AM
I was trying to figure out if his rant was cause by the fact that Professor X was now dead and was not able to control his mind anymore or if his meds had just ran out.

I have figured out dolemite is a mutant I'm still trying to figure out what his powers are. :confused: I do know it's not super spelling skills. :D

Norm In Norman
5/30/2006, 07:58 AM
OK ... let's say that as far a superhero movies go, on a scale from 1-10 where do you guys think X-men movies rank? I'm going to throw in spiderman 2 for good measure too.

Spiderman 2 = 9.3
X2 = 9
X1 = 8.2
X3 = 7

I don't think they've made a 10 yet. Spidey gets the nod maybe just for the whole runaway train scene (I can overlook the physics. Besides, the kids giving him the mask kinda gets me every time). X2 gets a 9 for the opening nightcrawler scene. I wish every movie started out like that. A gave x1 an 8.2 because it's obviously not as good as X2 but still really good. I give X3 a 7 because I don't think it's as good as X1. Hulk probably gets a 5. In fact, based comic book superhero DVDs I own...

Spiderman 2 = 9.3
X2 = 9
Spiderman 1 = 8.7
Hellboy = 8.3
X1 = 8.2
Batman Begins = 8.1
X3 = 7
Batman = 6.9
Daredevil = 6
Hulk = 5
Fantastic 4 = 5
Batman forever = 4.5
Batman & Robin = 4.5 (it would be less if it didn't have Alicia Silverstone in it)

I don't own Batman Returns, but I'd say it comes in at a 6.4. I haven't seen it in more than 10 years though, so maybe less.

bri
5/30/2006, 09:37 AM
Dude, you left out The Punisher. ;)

Hatfield
5/30/2006, 09:42 AM
no it does suck.

well suck isn't the right word, but if you know anything about the x-men then you realize that succ is the more appropriate word.

bri
5/30/2006, 09:43 AM
Sweet, another member of doleo's canon-embracing army. ;)

Norm In Norman
5/30/2006, 09:58 AM
Dude, you left out The Punisher. ;)
Punisher is somewhere right below hulk. I've seen it but I don't own it. I saw Elektra at the theater and, well, it's probably a sub 4. I assume someone knows why they made that movie.

OU4LIFE
5/30/2006, 10:02 AM
Norm, dude...you ranked the Hulk below Daredevil?

No way. DD was the succ.

OU4LIFE
5/30/2006, 10:03 AM
and if they do Captain America right, it has the potential to be a 10.

Octavian
5/30/2006, 10:12 AM
OK ... let's say that as far a superhero movies go, on a scale from 1-10 where do you guys think X-men movies rank? I'm going to throw in spiderman 2 for good measure too.

Spiderman 2 = 9.3
X2 = 9
X1 = 8.2
X3 = 7

I don't think they've made a 10 yet. Spidey gets the nod maybe just for the whole runaway train scene (I can overlook the physics. Besides, the kids giving him the mask kinda gets me every time). X2 gets a 9 for the opening nightcrawler scene. I wish every movie started out like that. A gave x1 an 8.2 because it's obviously not as good as X2 but still really good. I give X3 a 7 because I don't think it's as good as X1. Hulk probably gets a 5. In fact, based comic book superhero DVDs I own...

Spiderman 2 = 9.3
X2 = 9
Spiderman 1 = 8.7
Hellboy = 8.3
X1 = 8.2
Batman Begins = 8.1
X3 = 7
Batman = 6.9
Daredevil = 6
Hulk = 5
Fantastic 4 = 5
Batman forever = 4.5
Batman & Robin = 4.5 (it would be less if it didn't have Alicia Silverstone in it)

I don't own Batman Returns, but I'd say it comes in at a 6.4. I haven't seen it in more than 10 years though, so maybe less.

saw the previews to "Ghost Rider" before X3 (w/ Nicholas Cage). It'll prolly be your new last place if you ever get around to seeing it.

Hatfield
5/30/2006, 10:14 AM
i only got 2 previews before x-succ and well neither were good enough for me to remember.....I take that back...one was SNAKES ON DA MUTHAFUGIN PLANE

which will go down in history as the worst movie of all time.

Norm In Norman
5/30/2006, 10:18 AM
Norm, dude...you ranked the Hulk below Daredevil?

No way. DD was the succ.
I kind of liked it. My son LOVES it.

Norm In Norman
5/30/2006, 10:19 AM
saw the previews to "Ghost Rider" before X3 (w/ Nicholas Cage). It'll prolly be your new last place if you ever get around to seeing it.
I am a firm believer that Nicholas Cage is NOT an action star. Therefore, your prophecy will become true.

Hatfield
5/30/2006, 10:20 AM
I saw Elektra at the theater and, well, it's probably a sub 4. I assume someone knows why they made that movie.

jennifer garner + leather outfit = movie.

ywia

proud gonzo
5/30/2006, 10:28 AM
what the **** did you people do to my thread?

bri
5/30/2006, 11:11 AM
Geeked it up. :D

Scott D
5/30/2006, 11:30 AM
it got doleo'd up.

dolemitesooner
5/30/2006, 01:51 PM
Ok daredevil is decent ...hulk sucks

bri
5/30/2006, 01:53 PM
Watching Hulk was like dying a thousand deaths. :mad:

dolemitesooner
5/30/2006, 01:57 PM
the best so far is spider man 2 so I give it a 10. Thats what you have to live up too. so here is mine. In all honesty

Spiderman 2 = 10

Spiderman 1 = 9
X-2 = 8.5
Hellboy = 8.3
X1 = 7
Batman Begins = 8
X3 = 4
Batman(The Orignal with Micheal keaton) = 7.5
Daredevil = 6
Hulk = 4.5
Fantastic 4 = 2 (Doom with goat legs is bad!!!!!!!!!!)
Batman forever = 3
Batman & Robin = 2
Batman 2 (the one with the penquin and catwoman was very dark and batman like I like it) = 7

Melo
5/30/2006, 02:18 PM
Spiderman 2 = 10

Spiderman 1 = 9
X-2 = 8.5
Hellboy = 8.3
X1 = 7
Batman Begins = 8
X3 = 4
Batman(The Orignal with Micheal keaton) = 7.5
Daredevil = 6
Hulk = 4.5
Fantastic 4 = 2 (Doom with goat legs is bad!!!!!!!!!!)
Batman forever = 3
Batman & Robin = 2
Batman 2 (the one with the penquin and catwoman was very dark and batman like I like it) = 7

You know... I think all of them are rather the same thing... only different. ;)

dolemitesooner
5/30/2006, 02:23 PM
You know... I think all of them are rather the same thing... only different. ;)

NormanPride
5/30/2006, 03:15 PM
I'd put Batman Begins and Spidey 2 at the same level. I never liked EmoBoy as Spidey in the first place and LopsidedFace as Mary Jane is disconcerting, but the movies are good in general. Doc Ock was almost perfect. Both are top-tier movies IMO.

Sulk ranks below movies like "The Amazing World of Batwoman" because I found it offensive. OFFENSIVE. I almost walked out of the ****ing thing. The Batman with Ahnold ranks down there with "Stop or my Mom will Shoot" because it gave me brain damage.

Daredevil wasn't that bad, but only because I have a soft spot for Kingpin. Fantastic 4 was pretty bad because all the casting was terrible, with the exception of the Thing. He made me smile.

Now, for the X-movies. 1 was a lot of fun, 2 was awesome, but Storm hacked me off. 3 was awful. Writing awful. Score awful. Acting awful. "Taking liberties" with the story is not "Writing a whole new thing just to close it up". I don't care much for "canon" crap, but some of the stuff they pulled was just stupid/out of character/asinine. I laughed very hard at "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445)" though.

X-3 is probably the first movie in a long time where I walked out going liking the characters but hating the execution. And I just liked the characters because they were the X-men.

jrsooner
5/30/2006, 03:39 PM
I still think it's hysterical that he's so ****ed about liberties taken with a comic...had it been based off of actual events I can see getting ****ed about it....like say the gay love story in the middle of Pearl Harbor. Or the gay love story as the centerpiece in what should have been a fascinating disaster story in Titanic.Just wait with Brokeback Mountain receiving so much love from the press...I wouldn't put it past them to make a movie of the 2000s version of the "Rawhide Kid". :)
http://www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/archrndwn/2002/dec/021214.marvel.jpg

Scott D
5/30/2006, 03:42 PM
there are times where I'm glad my interest in comics was brief and passing.....this is one of them.

NormanPride
5/30/2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/01062288700469.gif

This needs to go in the new Superman movie.

Norm In Norman
6/5/2006, 12:56 PM
OK ... let's say that as far a superhero movies go, on a scale from 1-10 where do you guys think X-men movies rank?
<blah blah blah>
In fact, based comic book superhero DVDs I own...
<blah blah>

I FORGOT THE SUPERMAN MOVIES!!! So, it's (with other additions...)

Spiderman 2 = 9.3
X2 = 9
Spiderman 1 = 8.7
Superman 1 = 8.6
Hellboy = 8.3
X1 = 8.2
Batman Begins = 8.1
Sin City = 7.8
Superman 2 = 7.7
X3 = 7
V for Vendetta = 6.9
Batman = 6.9
Batman Returns = 6.1
Daredevil = 6
Blade 1 = 5.8
Superman 3 = 5.2
Hulk = 5
Fantastic 4 = 5
Batman Forever = 4.5
Batman & Robin = 4.5
Punisher = 4.2
Superman 4 = 3.0
Elektra = 2.9

SoonerWood
6/5/2006, 01:21 PM
You missed Spawn too

Norm In Norman
6/5/2006, 01:24 PM
I haven't seen it. I bet it gets better than a 3 though.

bri
6/5/2006, 01:26 PM
*cough*Blade trilogy!*cough*

:D

Norm In Norman
6/5/2006, 01:28 PM
Hmmmm, I've only seen the first one. I'll put it in there. it's been a long time since I've seen it.

NormanPride
6/5/2006, 01:31 PM
What about the ones with the goth chick that's a vampire? The vamps vs. werewolfies thing? Underworld? She's hot in it at least...

Norm In Norman
6/5/2006, 01:34 PM
Is that a comic book? I've never seen the movies or the comics. I give them a 4.1 though.

GDC
6/6/2006, 08:21 AM
Graphic novels could be included too, like A History of Violence and V for Vendetta.

yermom
6/6/2006, 08:36 AM
Sin City?

Norm In Norman
6/6/2006, 08:48 AM
OK, I'll add the ones I've seen. Someone needs to have a list to like disagree with me and stuff.

I'll try to make a list of even the ones I haven't seen.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2006, 09:22 AM
Norm is just waiting for the Underdog movie.

Norm In Norman
6/6/2006, 09:23 AM
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!

OU4LIFE
6/6/2006, 10:22 AM
That's Might Mouse, geek.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2006, 10:23 AM
What you meant to say was:

There's no need to fear....UNDERDOG is here!

NormanPride
6/6/2006, 10:26 AM
Hong Kong Phooey >>>> Underdog

Dangermouse >>>>>>>>>> Mightymouse

Norm In Norman
6/6/2006, 10:32 AM
That's Might Mouse, geek.
Oh. I don't care.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2006, 10:38 AM
I think you DO care, oodles.

GDC
6/6/2006, 01:47 PM
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

dolemitesooner
6/6/2006, 01:48 PM
This thread needs to die before I kill a man

Scott D
6/6/2006, 02:51 PM
this thread should be stickified ;)

dolemitesooner
6/6/2006, 05:30 PM
I will kill you scott

Scott D
6/6/2006, 05:37 PM
I will kill you scott

beyonce you ain't killin nothin....you trippin' son.

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 04:09 PM
So after listening to the director commentary, I'm not as disappointed as I was. Basically, almost everything that happened was pulled out of a comic. A lot of the things they did in the movie were fan requests that didn't get fullfilled in the other movies (danger room and sentinals to name a few).

If you have kids, screen the deleted scenes before you show it to your kids. There is an F-bomb stuck in there.

bri
10/12/2006, 04:12 PM
STABBY!!

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 04:13 PM
I think I used the worng thread to put this in.

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 04:17 PM
Ok, I just copied and pasted my response in the other thread. Maybe i should merge them or something.

bri
10/12/2006, 04:21 PM
MERGGY?

yermom
10/12/2006, 04:26 PM
So after listening to the director commentary, I'm not as disappointed as I was. Basically, almost everything that happened was pulled out of a comic. A lot of the things they did in the movie were fan requests that didn't get fullfilled in the other movies (danger room and sentinals to name a few).

If you have kids, screen the deleted scenes before you show it to your kids. There is an F-bomb stuck in there.

this was covered in another thread, maybe even this one

someone chose to ignore that though ;)

bri
10/12/2006, 04:28 PM

Well, in his defense...it WAS written in properly-spelled English. :D

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 04:30 PM

Yeah, I doubt I read most of the 9876 posts that were in the 233 theads about this. Is he still mad?

yermom
10/12/2006, 04:31 PM
ask him about it ;)

and it's not like it was some thread he wasn't posting in...

proud gonzo
10/12/2006, 05:09 PM
DOLEMITE IS STILL WRONG.

and not just about X-men. He's wrong about LIFE :P

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 07:50 AM

By almost you mean 1%. So if the directors say its in comics its 100% truth then. Well if you fill that the directors are telling the truth then I challenge you to back it up with issue numbers. I can name nummerous things that were in the peice of **** ****ing movie that were not in the comics.

1) Wolverine never killed the phoienx

2) The worthingtons lab was never at Atlcatraz

3) The juggarnuat never saud anything close to "I am the juggranuat bitch"

4) Cyclops was never killed by phoiex....or "hidden by the phoinex"

I can go on and on...but I have tried to forget this ****ing movie

Also the movie was shot and directed horriably.

Go and she a good movie like the departed...and quit buying ****ty dvds

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I doubt I read most of the 9876 posts that were in the 233 theads about this. Is he still mad?
Yes I am mad. It was a****ty ****ing movie and an embaersmant to marvel and all that is comics...Its one of the worst ****ing movies I have ever seen period. The movie is as worthas mch as my feces in a ****ing bag

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 07:55 AM
DOLEMITE IS STILL WRONG.

and not just about X-men. He's wrong about LIFE :P
You have no idea what in the **** you are talking about stick to comedys like the three amigos

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 08:05 AM

I didnt igbore ****...and its not true...the **** did not comeut of a ****ing comic

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:10 AM
By almost you mean 1%. So if the directors say its in comics its 100% truth then. Well if you fill that the directors are telling the truth then I challenge you to back it up with issue numbers. I can name nummerous things that were in the peice of **** ****ing movie that were not in the comics.

1) Wolverine never killed the phoienx

OK.

2) The worthingtons lab was never at Atlcatraz

They did that soley so they could do the bridge scene, which was in a comic but happened with the brooklyn bridge or osmething.

3) The juggarnuat never saud anything close to "I am the juggranuat bitch"

He did on that re-dubbed cartoon, which is why it was funny. i think there is a link above to that.

4) Cyclops was never killed by phoiex....or "hidden by the phoinex"

OK, I have no idea. Evidently the whole thing was planned as a trilogy from the beginning, so they wanted to kill off enough people to end it all. BUT, they still left things open anyway. I mean, we didn't really SEE cyclops die. Maybe Phoenix is dead but jean is still alive, which I think happened in the comics, right?

Here's a possible spoiler too - evidently in the comics Xavier has a twin sister. In the movie, the twin sister got turned into a twin brother, who was born without a soul, who is in a hospital bed being watched over by Xavier's girlfriend, who is a doctor (nurse?), who just happened to be there when Xavier said hi to her after the credits. In the DVD she says "Charles?", but that was cut out of the movie release.

So anyway, it's still #3 of 3 for me, but after listening to the commentary I'm not as disappointed as before.

Some of the things that still frustrate me is they actually shot an alternate scene (in the deleted scenes) where Rogue tells Bobby she didn't go through with the cure. To me, I would have wanted her character to do this instead of taking the easy way out. Also, they shot another scene where Beast went to teach at the school instead of staying in the government. This would have been better too, IMO. Both of those scenes really sucked hard though. They should have went the Harry Potter route and made it clear things are NOT all hunky dory. At least they showed Leach going to school though.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/13/2006, 09:21 AM
I'm waiting for The Silver Surfer movie.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 09:34 AM
OK.

They did that soley so they could do the bridge scene, which was in a comic but happened with the brooklyn bridge or osmething.

He did on that re-dubbed cartoon, which is why it was funny. i think there is a link above to that.

OK, I have no idea. Evidently the whole thing was planned as a trilogy from the beginning, so they wanted to kill off enough people to end it all. BUT, they still left things open anyway. I mean, we didn't really SEE cyclops die. Maybe Phoenix is dead but jean is still alive, which I think happened in the comics, right?

Here's a possible spoiler too - c In the DVD she says "Charles?", but that was cut out of the movie release.

So anyway, it's still #3 of 3 for me, but after listening to the commentary I'm not as disappointed as before.

Some of the things that still frustrate me is they actually shot an alternate scene (in the deleted scenes) where Rogue tells Bobby she didn't go through with the cure. To me, I would have wanted her character to do this instead of taking the easy way out. Also, they shot another scene where Beast went to teach at the school instead of staying in the government. This would have been better too, IMO. Both of those scenes really sucked hard though. They should have went the Harry Potter route and made it clear things are NOT all hunky dory. At least they showed Leach going to school though.
Dude your contiunty is all ****ed up......Your mixing and macthing **** and that what they did in the movie it was a hodge podge of **** mixed with more **** some poo, action,ahit, and ****., with some moderatly funny ****ting cartoon that some guys dubbed online where juggranaut said bitch alot, and some **** on top for good measure.

Ohh and the **** your refering to about a twin sister is a grant morrison run from about 5 years ago that I know very well which by the way has nothing to do with this whole ****ing crazy *** made peice of **** phieonix saga that they just threw together...you are going to make me break this ****ing keyboard....

wtf I am so glad that you felt better about it when some ****ty directors tried to make a case for there **** fest

but they dont weven have any ****ing clue what in the two ****s they are talking about so ingore and plaese quit posting **** to bring this back ...uop

I mean ****

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 09:35 AM
I'm waiting for The Silver Surfer movie.
Thats me favorite ****ing cHARACTERand they will probaly **** his **** up too...ARRRGHHH ****

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:36 AM
This post made my day.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 09:38 AM
This post made my day.
GREAT:mad: i AM NOT LAUGHING

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/13/2006, 09:39 AM
Don't rip your overalls, yo.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 09:40 AM
Don't rip your overalls, yo.
OK NOW I AM LAUGHING

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:42 AM
Hey, I'm just saying - it's a movie. They could have ignored everything and went their own way, just like the comics do every frickin' day. Instead they combined a lot of stuff and changed it a bit.

I mean, i wasn't ****ed at the first movies because it didn't consist only of Angel, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean, and the professor. But hey, that's how it all started. And Magneto could control anything, not just metal. And there were a lot of different bad guys that haven't shown their faces that were there in the first few issues (although they did use toad).

It's OK for them to change stuff, dude. There is little continuity in comics. That's why Bobby Ewing woke up and it was all a dream and we just accepted it.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 11:00 AM
Hey, I'm just saying - it's a movie. They could have ignored everything and went their own way, just like the comics do every frickin' day. Instead they combined a lot of stuff and changed it a bit.

I mean, i wasn't ****ed at the first movies because it didn't consist only of Angel, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean, and the professor. But hey, that's how it all started. And Magneto could control anything, not just metal. And there were a lot of different bad guys that haven't shown their faces that were there in the first few issues (although they did use toad).

It's OK for them to change stuff, dude. There is little continuity in comics. That's why Bobby Ewing woke up and it was all a dream and we just accepted it.
It's still real to me Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!