PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Regional Bracket

SeattleOUstudent
5/29/2006, 02:08 PM
Great...we get Wichita State again. :mad:

Friday:
Game 1: No. 3 Wichita State vs. No. 2 Houston 1 p.m.
Game 2: No. 4 TCU vs. No. 1 Oklahoma 7 p.m.

Saturday:
Game 3: Game 2 Loser vs. Game 1 Loser 1 p.m.

Game 4: Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner
7 p.m.

Sunday:
Game 5: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser 1 p.m.
Game 6: Game 5 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner 7 p.m.

Monday:
Game 7: Game 6 Winner vs. Game 6 Loser (*if necessary) 7 p.m.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=286138

Big Red Ron
5/29/2006, 02:37 PM
Look at it like this, see what we did to the last team that worked us over during the reg season during a tournament.

D-Mac better not start until game two and be ready for Monday!

Collier11
5/29/2006, 03:02 PM
We get Rice or Arizona state most likely if we advance to the Super Regional, I like our chances there

Sooner95
5/29/2006, 03:19 PM
Amazed we get to host, so that is good news. Team needs to step it up now.

Collier11
5/29/2006, 05:27 PM
How funny is this, Puke state is the #1 seed in their regional but its at Fayetville, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....LOSERS

Big Red Ron
5/29/2006, 06:07 PM
How funny is this, Puke state is the #1 seed in their regional but its at Fayetville, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....LOSERSYou want to know what the truly funny part is? OSU is having some kind of livestock show and thought they may not have enough hotel rooms in that dump of a town to host both. :D :D

AllAboutThe'O'
5/29/2006, 06:27 PM
Of all the times I had to go out of town on a vacation with my co-worker. I won't get to make the drive to Norman this weekend.:mad:

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 06:55 PM
I agree, this is a good draw to get thru the Super Regionals, and on to Omaha. OSU in Fayetteville is funny!

ouradu
5/29/2006, 07:18 PM
I agree, this is a good draw to get thru the Super Regionals, and on to Omaha.
We have to get past TCU first. We took KU for granted last week. Let's come out firing like we did Saturday.

IronHorseSooner
5/29/2006, 08:53 PM
Agreed. We can't let TCU do to us in baseball what they did in football!

AustinTXHorn
5/29/2006, 09:59 PM
Not only does OU have the toughest regional, but they get Rice if they get out of it.

TCU is a damn good four seed. Especially with Arrieta to throw at OU, who is just as good as any pitcher OU has faced this season.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/29/2006, 10:40 PM
Houston is tough...The NCAA didn't do OU any favors. We'll see what OU is about here. Good luck to the Sooners.

soonerguild
5/30/2006, 11:31 AM
FYI Houston is ranked higher than us in most of the polls this week. We get to host but we could have the toughest regional in the country. But to win the thing you have to play good teams so

BRING EM ON
BOOMER SOONER

longtimesooner
5/30/2006, 02:04 PM
Look at it like this, see what we did to the last team that worked us over during the reg season during a tournament.

D-Mac better not start until game two and be ready for Monday!
That's a tough call but I would be reluctant not to start him in game one because if we lose there it would be very tough to win the thing. If we wait until game 2 even if we win it would be tough to bring him back at all later on. Either way our pitching needs to be at their best because this is a TOUGH regional. Keep your fingers crossed and GO SOONERS.

trwxxa
5/30/2006, 06:51 PM
UH is interesting. They lived large off of Conference USA this year but did not have a good record out of conference.

Brad Lincoln was their Friday pitcher and may be a 1st round pick this year. Hargrove is a decent #2. Who knows after that.

Scooter
5/30/2006, 08:24 PM
Where is the picture of Gene at the OU press conference?

Can someone post that picture?

DeltaU Coog
5/30/2006, 09:28 PM
UH is interesting. They lived large off of Conference USA this year but did not have a good record out of conference.

A couple of things about UH:

1. First, there are 3 other teams in the NCAAs from CUSA...the only team we lost a series to was...surprise...Rice. Lincoln beat them 3-0 this year. We lost the other games, including the CUSA title game. We took 2 of 3 from Tulane and also beat them in the CUSA tourney. Finally we took 2 of 3 from Southern Miss on the road. On a side, Memphis deserved more consideration for the NCAAs and we swept them this year. Plus ECU is usally better than they showed this year. Our conference is no cream puff by any means. I think it will be better in the coming years, as Tulane experienced a great number of difficulties this year, and ECU is typically a pretty solid team that will, more than not, be an NCAA team most years.

2. Regarding our less than stellar start to the season, a few things to consider:

a) It took a while to settle our pitching rotation after Lincoln. This really didn't help early in the season. Luis Flores, our #3 starter, was originally the Tuesday pitcher, but was moved to the weekend, given his success on the mound and the ineffectiveness of our original Sunday starter.

b) We had leads in a good number of those losses that were blown by our bullpen (including 2 games @ Arizona St. and 1 game against San Diego, off the top of my head, plus a few conference games, too)...I would kill to have 1outstanding reliever...we'd likely be a national 8, or at least hosting, with one consistent arm out of the bullpen.

c) Offensively, we didn't really get going until the first week of April, due in part to Matt Weston, our RF, being put in the starting lineup on a daily basis. He leads the team in HRs and all 15 HRs have come since April. Weston was also National Hitter of Week on one occasion and the Coogs have had two players hit for the cycle this year (Weston & Isa Garcia).

d) with the exception of the Rice game in the CUSA title game, I've been pleased by our fielding compared to the last few years. We gave a number of games away last year b/c of crappy fielding.

e) while Lincoln is our most well-known player, Ricky Hargrove and Luis Flores have been quite solid as of late as the #2 and #3 starters. Many Coog fans think this is the most solid starting 3 we've had since 2000, when we were the #6 seed nationally. The difference, however, between that team and this team, is the bullpen.

Thought I'd throw a few bones out there for you guys. Clearly, this should be one of the more interesting regionals, given the fact that any 1 of the 4 teams in it could advance to the Supers.