PDA

View Full Version : Afghan video

Jerk
5/29/2006, 10:19 AM
A german documentary crew follows around some US guys in Afghanistan - as they search suspect's houses for opium and weapons.

It's so confusing over there- I'm surprised we're not taking more casualties.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7000240790095414460&q=special+forces

noleamite
5/29/2006, 10:29 AM
I saw on the news this morning..they are rioting in Kabul. Its like the wild west over there. Said that we never really destroyed the Tali-ban they just blendid in or fled to safe havens in Pakistan. Now they are coming back, and I am affraid we dont have enough boots on the ground. What a mess!!

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2006, 11:11 AM
Now they are coming back, and I am affraid we dont have enough boots on the ground. What a mess!!

and you base this on what?

Okla-homey
5/29/2006, 11:17 AM
I saw on the news this morning..they are rioting in Kabul. Its like the wild west over there. Said that we never really destroyed the Tali-ban they just blendid in or fled to safe havens in Pakistan. Now they are coming back, and I am affraid we dont have enough boots on the ground. What a mess!!

I call BS. When I was there we pacified the whole southern half of the country with a single brigade combat team plus the SF guys. Ditto in the north. We have plenty of boots on the ground in Asscrackistan. Don't forget, we have plenty of Allied air too and the weather rarely prevents its employment. The succage is that its getting hot again as summer comes on.

IMHO, the key to order in that place is owning the warlords. If you grea$e the right Jabba's, its all good.

picasso
5/29/2006, 11:27 AM
but but Bush should have found OBL by now. I mean he's just hiding in a cave somewheres.