PDA

View Full Version : Is Howzit the Ringo Starr of the South Oval?

picasso
5/29/2006, 10:04 AM
kind of silly and goofy but not all that talented and stuff?

tbl
5/29/2006, 10:22 AM
If you're saying Ringo isn't talented, you're obviously not a drummer. Ringo is a very good drummer, make no mistakes about it.

Carry on...

BajaOklahoma
5/29/2006, 10:23 AM
Under-valued and under-appreciated?

critical_phil
5/29/2006, 10:28 AM
no.

i think ringo liked the ladies...........

KC//CRIMSON
5/29/2006, 10:37 AM
He's more like the Pete Best of the South Oval.

Soonrboy
5/29/2006, 10:39 AM
get a room

picasso
5/29/2006, 10:43 AM
If you're saying Ringo isn't talented, you're obviously not a drummer. Ringo is a very good drummer, make no mistakes about it.

Carry on...
just going by what I hear. about all you can really do with the music medium.:)

OCUDad
5/29/2006, 11:12 AM
Isn't Ringo also filthy rich?

picasso
5/29/2006, 11:21 AM
Isn't Ringo also filthy rich?
insanely, yes.

King Crimson
5/29/2006, 11:25 AM
Ringo was a "skiffle" drummer....which is a brit working class/folk musical tradition and isn't/wasn't really the same thing as Ginger Baker or Keith Moon type rock anthematic drumming theatrics of the classic rock pantheon. Charlie Watts also comes from the skiffle tradition i think.

it's probably really credited to George Martin but the crisp, sharp snare sound on Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Peppers are out of this world. I am the Walrus comes to mind.

picasso
5/29/2006, 11:30 AM
Ringo was a "skiffle" drummer....which is a brit working class/folk musical tradition and isn't/wasn't really the same thing as Ginger Baker or Keith Moon type rock anthematic drumming theatrics of the classic rock pantheon. Charlie Watts also comes from the skiffle tradition i think.

it's probably really credited to George Martin but the crisp, sharp snare sound on Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Peppers are out of this world. I am the Walrus comes to mind.
well said, that puts it into context a little bit more. I guess I'm being unfair to him in camparing him to his band mates.;)

Howzit
5/29/2006, 11:42 AM
kind of silly and goofy but not all that talented and stuff?

I think that pretty much sums it up nicely.

King Crimson
5/29/2006, 11:43 AM
that's a good point, wasn't like Ringo was hanging with a bunch of hacks.

Paulie was a pretty good drummer as well. he plays on Ballad of John And Yoko--which is supposedly the last time Paul and Lennon were in the studio at the same time. between them they play all the instruments on that one. Paulie also turns in a fine background vocals performance.

but, at the end of the day....I'm a Lennon loyalist.