PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the grocery store

Okla-homey
5/27/2006, 01:25 PM
Waited in line behind a guy, prolly 30 or so. Horribly scarred from burns, no fingers, just stubs. No ears, no hair, and his nose and lips were pretty much reconstructions. He wore a ballcap, long pants and a long sleeved shirt for pretty obvious reasons.

Only mentioned for two reasons. One, he was out there. Not hiding somewhere. And people were cool. No one seemed to be staring at him. That was very encouraging.

Two, I suspect everyone pretty much was thinking the same thing; "God bless you. There but by the grace of God go all of us."

You hillbillies be safe this weekend.

olevetonahill
5/27/2006, 01:40 PM
AMEN to that

slickdawg
5/27/2006, 01:47 PM
Word Homey!

Flagstaffsooner
5/27/2006, 01:48 PM
God bless that man. Yes everybody be safe this weekend.

JohnnyMack
5/27/2006, 03:24 PM
Only thing I stare at in the grocery store is boobies.

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 03:30 PM
I stare at the ridiculously high prices. Bless the man!

VeeJay
5/27/2006, 08:48 PM
There's a guy that works the plumbing aisle at a Home Depot I go in occasionally. He wears the orange apron and everything. He'll answer any question I have about my sprinkler system and what the best way to save money is. He'll say "You don't need that - just take one of these and you just saved yourself a few bucks."

He's rolling around in a wheelchair helping as many people as he can.

Kudos to these folks. We ain't got it so bad.

TUSooner
5/27/2006, 10:22 PM
Waited in line behind a guy, prolly 30 or so. Horribly scarred from burns, no fingers, just stubs. No ears, no hair, and his nose and lips were pretty much reconstructions. He wore a ballcap, long pants and a long sleeved shirt for pretty obvious reasons.

Only mentioned for two reasons. One, he was out there. Not hiding somewhere. ...There but by the grace of God go all of us."

You hillbillies be safe this weekend.
That alone, each day, is more courage than most of us have to muster up in years, or if we're lucky, a lifetime.