PDA

View Full Version : Senior PGA

Newbomb Turk
5/27/2006, 12:36 PM
The guys are struggling today, the wind is giving them fits.

Heck - I've played on lots of days when it was this windy and didn't think it was that big of a deal. Of course, it wasn't Oak Tree I was playing. :O

Gil Morgan leading right now.

King Crimson
5/27/2006, 12:43 PM
most of those guys didn't grow up playing golf in spring in Oklahoma either. the front nine is also really exposed to the wind.

i'm really enjoying watching.....having some familiarity with the course is purty cool. the target areas are really pretty small and the wind makes the margin for error almost nil.

i think it was the par 5 #5 they said they moved the tee up 30 yards today...

when you are watching notice how every player will have a lie where the ball is above or below his feet.

Newbomb Turk
5/27/2006, 12:49 PM
Some of the shots these guys hit out of Bermuda rough amaze me.

The shot Bryant hit from the rough that went about 20 feet is more like what I would do.

King Crimson
5/27/2006, 12:58 PM
did you see that break Morgan got when his ball was in that clump of pampas grass in the cart path? that ball was SO in the water. 1000 to 1 lucky break there.

Newbomb Turk
5/27/2006, 01:03 PM
did you see that break Morgan got when his ball was in that clump of pampas grass in the cart path? that ball was SO in the water. 1000 to 1 lucky break there.

I did see that.

Local knowledge - he knows where to miss. ;)

King Crimson
5/27/2006, 01:10 PM
Local knowledge - he knows where to miss. ;)

tru dat.

Newbomb Turk
5/27/2006, 01:17 PM
another nasty Bermuda shot by Jacobson.

Jimminy Crimson
5/27/2006, 02:50 PM
Hooray Dr. Gil!

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 06:44 AM
am looking in the TV listings and the coverage times are the same as yesterday....does that mean they won't show the end? 'cause yesterday they cut away to Bubba's Arena League Football game with players still on the course...

that can't possibly be the case.

StoopTroup
5/28/2006, 06:49 AM
Go Gil!

Newbomb Turk
5/28/2006, 01:36 PM
am looking in the TV listings and the coverage times are the same as yesterday....does that mean they won't show the end? 'cause yesterday they cut away to Bubba's Arena League Football game with players still on the course...

that can't possibly be the case.

They pushed the tee times up 20 minutes today in hopes of finishing on time.

Pretty good stuff right now. I'm pulling for Dr. Gil, but wouldn't mind seeing Haas win. He just got a MAJOR break on 16.

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 01:58 PM
it's still kind of funny to here Miller and Nantz's befuddled talk about how hard it is to "read" these swirling wins. like i said before, if you've been playing golf in OK in spring....ain't nothing new, yo.

Newbomb Turk
5/28/2006, 02:11 PM
Agree KC

Haas played great today. Looks like he may win.

Newbomb Turk
5/28/2006, 02:21 PM
What a great shot by Bryant on 18.
Gil is gonna fall short.
Too bad all three of those guys can't win.

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 02:24 PM
yup. what did Haas make....5 birdies in a row on the front?

bryant can make a putt....here. maybe.

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 02:26 PM
YEAH!

Newbomb Turk
5/28/2006, 03:43 PM
Sad for Bryant to see it end up the way it did.

picasso
5/28/2006, 04:28 PM
who won? I've been doing yard work and old lady doesn't have the cable hooked up.
I wasn't pulling for Gil myself and I like Haas. There was a funny note in the paper this week about Haas and Curtis Strange staying with Bob Tway, they said he's cooked them killer ribs and they been hooping it up in his indoor basketball court. Said it was like a vacation.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2006, 04:31 PM
Oak Tree looked awsome on HDTV.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2006, 04:32 PM
who won? I've been doing yard work and old lady doesn't have the cable hooked up.
I wasn't pulling for Gil myself and I like Haas. There was a funny note in the paper this week about Haas and Curtis Strange staying with Bob Tway, they said he's cooked them killer ribs and they been hooping it up in his indoor basketball court. Said it was like a vacation.Hass but I thought Oak Tree was in Edmond jeez..It was all OKC (which doesn't really bother me).