PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how I feel about this...

Okla-homey
5/27/2006, 09:43 AM
Okay, I grajitated from this little tiny 1AA mens college in Charleston SC a million years ago (only about 2000 undergrads.) The 2006 football schedule has just been published.

Here's the head coach's explanation. I think its prolly more about gate bucks for the program. I also think he could be on meth. What do you guys think?

"Playing against good competition only enhances our recruiting efforts. We will be the only Division I-AA school that will have played against a school in every BCS conference. I think that speaks well for The Citadel and what we are trying to accomplish here with our football program."
The Citadel Head Coach Kevin Higgins

Sept. 2 Texas A&M- College Station, Texas TBA
Sept. 9 Charleston Southern - home 7 p.m.
Sept. 23 Pitt - Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA
Sept. 30 UT-Chattanooga - home 2 p.m.
Oct. 7 Wofford - Spartanburg, S.C. TBA
Oct. 14 Furman - Greenville, S.C. TBA
Oct. 21 Western Carolina - home 2 p.m.
Oct. 28 Georgia Southern - home 2 p.m.
Nov. 4 Appalachian State* Boone, N.C. TBA
Nov. 11 VMI (Homecoming) 2 p.m.
Nov. 18 Elon* - Elon, N.C.

yermom
5/27/2006, 09:46 AM
add both of them together and they are probably as good as Auburn in 2004 ;)

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 09:48 AM
What do you guys think?

i think arkansas probably didn't return his phone calls......:D

yermom
5/27/2006, 09:52 AM
or Gumby :D

King Crimson
5/27/2006, 09:56 AM
Homey: is that Citadel-VMI game a pretty big rivalry?

Okla-homey
5/27/2006, 10:38 AM
Homey: is that Citidel-VMI game a pretty big rivalry?

yep, but its usually a cripple-fight.:rolleyes:

I even road-tripped to Lexington VA from Chas. SC for the VMI game with some of the guys in my company back in 1980. I had a reason in addition to the game. This hottie who I had gone to school w/in Ardmore was an undergrad at Randolph-Macon Womans College in nearby Roanoke and she met me at the game -- it was glorious. I mean, we had gone to kindergarten together and she turned out hot as a two-dollar pistol.

For the expedition, we had borrowed the land-yacht (1974 Chrysler New Yorker or Imperial or some such) of a guy who was on restriction for some minor offense and he couldn't go with us but he was cool enough to let us pile in 6 19 and 20 y/o cadidiots and drive his car the eight hours from Charleston to Lexington. Remember, this was in the era when 18 y/o's could drink everywhere in the US and we were loose from Stalag Citadel.

As an aside, we did him wrong for which I still feel bad. After returning to campus, we rolled up the windows and locked it up in its spot in the sun-drenched parking lot.

It was still warm in Charleston in early October. Two weeks later when he got off restriction and went out to go someplace, when he opened up the car door the funk of festered spilled beer, fast food wrappers and leavings (incl. half-full milkshake cups and a small amount of puke) about blew his head-off. We later made it good by detailing it for him.