PDA

View Full Version : another reason not to be in iraq

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 09:40 AM
the durka durka's are in****ingsane....

Iraqis shot 'for wearing shorts'

The coach of Iraq's tennis team and two players were shot dead in Baghdad on Thursday, said Iraqi Olympic officials.

Coach Hussein Ahmed Rashid and players Nasser Ali Hatem and Wissam Adel Auda were killed in the al-Saidiya district of the capital.
Witnesses said the three were dressed in shorts and were killed days after militants issued a warning forbidding the wearing of shorts.
Other Iraqi athletes have been targeted in recent incidents.
In this case, according to accounts, the men dropped off laundry and were then stopped in their vehicle by gunmen.

Leaflets
Two of the athletes stepped out of the car and were shot in the head, said one witness. The third was shot dead in the vehicle.
"The gunman took the body out of the car and threw it on top of the other two bodies before stealing the car," said the witness, who requested anonymity.
He said leaflets had been recently distributed in the area warning residents not to wear shorts.
Last week, 15 members of Iraq's taekwondo team were kidnapped between Falluja and Ramadi, west of Baghdad, said a member of the Iraqi Olympic Committee. The kidnappers have demanded $100,000 for their release.

yermom
5/27/2006, 09:52 AM
i'm already wearing shorts today

suck it ****ers!

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 09:53 AM
i'm already wearing jorts today

suck it ****ers!

me too......

Howzit
5/27/2006, 09:55 AM
i'm already wearing a skort today

suck it ****ers!

Not me.

mdklatt
5/27/2006, 09:59 AM
Not me.

Howzit prefers a sundress for easy access.

Howzit
5/27/2006, 10:01 AM
Howzit prefers a sundress for easy access.

Dude, kep up. I'm a coulatt guy.

slickdawg
5/27/2006, 10:03 AM
Maybe we just need to start killing every iraqi we find that is armed in any
fashion.

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 10:07 AM
Maybe we just need to start killing every iraqi we find that is armed in any fashion.

or maybe the next 100B our government spends would be better allocated on getting as far away as we can from these ****ing loons.

Stanley1
5/27/2006, 10:19 AM
or maybe the next 100B our government spends would be better allocated on getting as far away as we can from these ****ing loons.

Yea, that'll fix things.

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 10:21 AM
Yea, that'll fix things.

i think my point is a culture who kills people for wearing shorts can't be fixed....

i'm no pinko pacificist either....this is just out of control.

StoopTroup
5/27/2006, 10:22 AM
I always take time to tidy up the crime scene before I leave...It's just because...I care. ;)

"The gunman took the body out of the car and threw it on top of the other two bodies before stealing the car,"

OKC-SLC
5/27/2006, 10:23 AM
Maybe we just need to start killing every iraqi we find that is armed in any
fashion.
in.

Stanley1
5/27/2006, 10:26 AM
i think my point is a culture who kills people for wearing shorts can't be fixed....

I agree, but leaving now would be a big mistake IMO. Fix it best we can, then get out and see what happens.

I'm also all for just bombing the hell out of the entire country, but then again, I have been known to overreact. :)

Jerk
5/27/2006, 10:43 AM
I have a solution-

Find out who distributed the leaflets and kill them and blow up the mosque that they attend- because that's most likely where the idea originated to kill people wearing shorts...a local mosque.

Signed,
Captain Obvious

slickdawg
5/27/2006, 10:45 AM

You're dead on. They don't want to change any more than they already
have.

Our guys died to give them freedom, and there will be a civil war there
in the next 3-5 years, and more of our guys will die for some unknown reason.

Bring they troops home. now.

jacru
5/28/2006, 11:47 PM
Don't assume one "reported" incident represents the attitude of a majority of that country. Especially with a media that only reports negative items, half-truths, and deceptions to sway the opinions of U.S. citizens.

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 12:10 AM
I think we need to look in the mirror sometimes...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-0527suicide,0,4521233.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Really, this **** happens here everyday in one form or another.

walkoffsooner
5/29/2006, 08:43 AM
Untill Bush is ready to push the big button and put and end to it.Which means killing lots of kids ect. Its just another vietnam,but are we ready to watch a country die on tv.

KABOOKIE
5/29/2006, 09:23 AM
Untill Bush is ready to push the big button and put and end to it.Which means killing lots of kids ect. Its just another vietnam,but are we ready to watch a country die on tv.

Maybe a history lesson is needed. :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
5/29/2006, 09:25 AM
Last week, 15 members of Iraq's taekwondo team were kidnapped between Falluja and Ramadi, west of Baghdad, said a member of the Iraqi Olympic Committee. The kidnappers have demanded $100,000 for their release.

On another note. These guys must have not learned from Rexkwondo..

http://www.stewartfines.com/Sportspage/flagfootball/FolsomSP05/rexkwondosensei.JPG

noleamite
5/29/2006, 10:08 AM
LOL @ Durka Durka's though

tbl
5/29/2006, 10:19 AM
Since this is a religious war (make no mistake about that), there is no way we can win it unless we glassed every muslim nation on the face of the earth. I know it's harsh, but that's the only way it can end. Either that or we leave them the stink alone and have no involvement with them whatsoever. Since niether will ever happen, we need to get used to it.

JohnnyMack
5/29/2006, 10:21 AM
I have a solution-

Find out who distributed the leaflets and kill them and blow up the mosque that they attend- because that's most likely where the idea originated to kill people wearing shorts...a local mosque.

Signed,
Captain Obvious

Yes, we should send Apaches in to decimate mosques. That should calm those people right down.

Penguin
5/29/2006, 10:52 AM
Don't you think the taekwondo team could fight their way out?

Okla-homey
5/29/2006, 11:23 AM
It is written, Allah hates knees.

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2006, 11:27 AM

we sure straightened out japan.....

slickdawg
5/29/2006, 11:58 AM

It took nukes to do that.

critical_phil
5/29/2006, 12:10 PM
i give up.....

Ike
5/29/2006, 12:24 PM

Yeah, we did, but Japan already had a fairly civilized culture, so there wasn't a whole lot of ground to cover.

The problem in Iraq is that if we were to bomb them back to the stone age, we'd only be setting them back 6 months. (and yes, I know, I stole that joke from someone else...)

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, we did, but Japan already had a fairly civilized culture, so there wasn't a whole lot of ground to cover.

The problem in Iraq is that if we were to bomb them back to the stone age, we'd only be setting them back 6 months. (and yes, I know, I stole that joke from someone else...)

i think the chinese would beg to differ on the "civilized culture"......in fact, Japan was living in the stone ages (so to speak)

my point - is that "you" can be beaten into submission....whether you use nukes or whatever else is available

the insurgents are currently using the same methodology wouldnt you say? instill fear into the minds of the weak and blah blah blah

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2006, 01:29 PM
i give up.....

oh, my humblest apologies for having a differing opinion

my bad

you're absolutely right, on everything

yermom
5/29/2006, 01:38 PM

i'm not sure "civilized" is the word i would use... i mean they had Kamikazes

the biggest difference with Japan is nationalism

the government surrendered after the atomic bombs

we toppled the government in Iraq, people aren't fighting for the Iraqi government, they are fighting this Jihad against us based on religion, it's not just Iraqis doing this ****.

it's not like the people in surrounding countries were coming to blow **** up in Japan after they surrendered to try to get the US out of there after the war, were they?

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 01:44 PM
we toppled the government in Iraq, people aren't fighting for the Iraqi government, they are fighting this Jihad against us based on religion, it's not just Iraqis doing this ****.

Hmm, that explains why no one has signed up for the Iraqi armed forces, and why the terrorists never blow up or kill any muslims.

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 01:47 PM
it's not like the people in surrounding countries were coming to blow **** up in Japan after they surrendered to try to get the US out of there after the war, were they?
Considering the Japz spent the prior 20+ years to the end of the war forcing people into slavery and raping and abusing them, then I don't suspect they would have many people fighting on their side.

yermom
5/29/2006, 01:49 PM
Hmm, that explains why no one has signed up for the Iraqi armed forces, and why the terrorists never blow up or kill any muslims.

they don't want our installed government to work. they are killing people that are trying to set it up or protect it, like cops or military recruits

if you support us(or wear shorts), you are against them because you are promoting our way of doing things.

of course they also are trying to get power for their particular perversion of their religion

yermom
5/29/2006, 01:51 PM
Considering the Japz spent the prior 20+ years to the end of the war forcing people into slavery and raping and abusing them, then I don't suspect they would have many people fighting on their side.

well, the Iraqi government wasn't exactly nice either...

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 01:53 PM
they don't want our installed government to work. they are killing people that are trying to set it up or protect it, like cops or military recruits
They?

Who is "They"?

Surely you don't mean the millions of "they" that came out and voted various times to establish a government? Or the thousands of "they" that keep signing up for the army, police, etc while they are getting targeted by terrorists?

And a government voted on by the people is hardly "Installed".

of course they also are trying to get power for their particular perversion of their religion

All the more reason we have to win.

noleamite
5/29/2006, 02:02 PM
what happends when we win..and spread democracy and freedom to Iraq like we did in japan...well they become consumers and start sucking down fuel like us, the same as the Japanese do now? I say leave them be in there caves. I want to win at the pump!

yermom
5/29/2006, 02:03 PM
They?

Who is "They"?

Surely you don't mean the millions of "they" that came out and voted various times to establish a government? Or the thousands of "they" that keep signing up for the army, police, etc all they while they are getting targeted by terrorists?

And a government voted on by the people is hardly "Installed".

All the more reason we have to win.

"they" are the people that want it to fail, "they" are the people who didn't are to vote, and aren't even from Iraq. "they" are the insurgents, they may be a minority, but they can sure **** it up for the rest of them.

until the Joe Iraqi is taking care of things like this, i don't see how much progress there will be.

if you don't think it was "installed" you are deluding yourself... if the "people" chose it it probably would have been the Sunni's taking control by fear and killing those in their way, and the other factions just lying there and taking it, because that is what they are used to.

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 02:07 PM
what happends when we win..and spread democracy and freedom to Iraq like we did in japan...well they become consumers and start sucking down fuel like us, the same as the Japanese do now? I say leave them be in there caves. I want to win at the pump!

Obviously, the hope is they won't be state supporters of terrorism like they were under Saddam, and like Iran, Syria, Saudi, etc are.

Thats the goal at least.

OklahomaTuba
5/29/2006, 02:13 PM
until the Joe Iraqi is taking care of things like this, i don't see how much progress there will be.
Well, we've been there for what, 3 years now? And they already elected a governement, established a constitution and are slowly rebuilding the country.

If you don't think that is progress in 3 years, than your head is in the sand.

if you don't think it was "installed" you are deluding yourself... if the "people" chose it it probably would have been the Sunni's taking control by fear and killing those in their way, and the other factions just lying there and taking it, because that is what they are used to.

So let me get this straight,

Iraqis vote on a temporary government to write constitution.

The Iraqis temp government then writes a constitution.

Then Iraqi people than go out a vote on said constitution, and approve it.

Then the Iraqi people then go out again and vote on elected officials for that government.

And you call that "installed"???

Well, your definition of "installed" is obviously different than mine.

JohnnyMack
5/29/2006, 04:36 PM
Well, your definition of "installed" is obviously different than mine.

We don't invade Iraq and topple its government in the first place what kind of government would Iraq have today? If you think we're not busily pulling the strings to get the kind of govt. in Iraq that benefits us the most than you really are that dumb. It may well be a "democracy" but don't think for a minute that this isn't all a carefully orchestrated charade designed at stabilizing the region. Which benefits who? Us. Not them.

Saudi Arabia doesn't have a democracy so why aren't we "spreading democracy" to Saudi Arabia? Because they're not a threat to us, they're an ally. The Saudi royal family is a stable (if oppressive) regime so in W's mind they don't need to have democracy spread across its borders.