PDA

View Full Version : Just as a reference...

Vaevictis
5/27/2006, 01:13 AM
Toyota Camry Hybrids are teh awesome. Especially with the Nav system.

That is all.

Octavian
5/27/2006, 01:38 AM
more hybrids would sell if they didn't look like crap.

haven't seen the Camry.

If I had Doc's flux capacitor, I'd find out who eventually markets the electric H4 and retire.

soonerboomer93
5/27/2006, 01:56 AM
paging td2k, paging td2k

StoopTroup
5/27/2006, 07:19 AM
more hybrids would sell if they didn't look like crap.

haven't seen the Camry.

If I had Doc's flux capacitor, I'd find out who eventually markets the electric H4 and retire.
Kind of looks like a Ford Taurus...

http://www.rmi.org/images/article/AdvAutoNews/AANv05_ToyotaCamry.gif

StoopTroup
5/27/2006, 07:23 AM
A friend took me to lunch in his 2007 Yukon the other day. Not a hybrid but a pretty awesome ride IMO. Computer dash with Onstar is the shiznitz.

http://news.auto.cz/img/art/460_433b199738d8f.jpg

yermom
5/27/2006, 07:27 AM
heh, i'm not sure that keeps the theme of the thread :P

the Camry used to just be boring looking... now it's freaking ugly

why do Toyota hybrid cars have to look like ****? it's not like the batteries do it...

yermom
5/27/2006, 07:28 AM
and unless there is some tax rebate or you drive a TON then it's pretty hard to recoup the extra cost of the hybrid option on most cars that i have looked at

mdklatt
5/27/2006, 09:57 AM
and unless there is some tax rebate or you drive below highway speeds a TON then it's pretty hard to recoup the extra cost of the hybrid option on most cars that i have looked at

Fixed.

Where's that thread that talked about how hybrid vehicles consume more energy over their lifetime than even an SUV once you consider the energy required to produce and dispose of the batteries?

Vaevictis
5/28/2006, 04:49 AM
and unless there is some tax rebate or you drive a TON then it's pretty hard to recoup the extra cost of the hybrid option on most cars that i have looked at

$2600 on this pup. As a result, I paid less for it than I would have paid for the non-hybrid version. (Was going to buy the XLE)

Where's that thread that talked about how hybrid vehicles consume more energy over their lifetime than even an SUV once you consider the energy required to produce and dispose of the batteries?

Green is nice, but that's not why I bought it. It has more range, and thus requires me to spend less time filling up. Also has lots of neat little features the non-hybrid stuff doesn't.

StoopTroup
5/28/2006, 06:38 AM
heh, i'm not sure that keeps the theme of the thread :P
I was using the Yukon...JUST AS A REFERENCE! :P ;)