PDA

View Full Version : So I got a Prank Phone Call Tonight

pb4ou
5/27/2006, 12:27 AM
and I decided to play along with the caller. It sounded like the kid mixed an accent of a hoodlem mixed with a bad hick. So the kid says something to the effect that they fell down and I owe them money. So I was egging them on with asking how much money? He/She said 50 dollars. I was amused at the cheapness of the caller. So I then asked what would they do with so much money?
Anyway... the call goes on for a few more minutes and I am still egging them on.

Until I got tired of them so I said thanks for playing. Bye Bye.

I could hear other kids cracking up in the background.

I wish I would have thought to pull a Roy D. Mercer on them and throw down one of the great lines of his rantings.

Maybe they'll call back sometime soon.

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 12:34 AM
Sounds like fun for a few minutes. At least they weren't out robbing a liquor store or sumpin.

pb4ou
5/27/2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, some friends and I used to make prank calls when we were kids. The caller ID kind of killed it for everyone.
These kids must have found a way around it because it said private. I figured, what the hack, I'll answer it. I probably would have talked longer but my little son was fussing so I got tired of it all and quit.

Melo
5/27/2006, 12:40 AM
Weak sauce.

They obviously dont have the finely developed skills that it takes to a be a serious prank caller. I on the other hand... :)

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 12:40 AM
Ah, well, you gave them a few kicks anyway. :D

proud gonzo
5/27/2006, 12:45 AM
it's much more fun to order pizzas for people

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 12:46 AM
Ok, would you order one for me? I'm getting kinda hongery

proud gonzo
5/27/2006, 12:47 AM
the last guy in the Wichita phonebook used to be Z.Z. Zylem. My friends and I called him once... wasn't REALLY a prank call. we kinda wanted to know what ZZ stood for and if it was a guy or girl. The person answered and we asked if ZZ was there. they hung up on us. it was disappointing

Melo

Yep. It's a WHOLE lot more fun to order 36 pizzas for other people. :D

proud gonzo
Ok, would you order one for me? I'm getting kinda hongery sure, what's your address, phone number, and credit card number? ;)

pb4ou
5/27/2006, 12:48 AM
I got some Pizza left from Pizza Hut earlier tonight Tailwind. Grab a slice or two.

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 12:49 AM
Oh no....you'll have to provide the credit card number....mine has -$5.00 right now. :(

proud gonzo
actually, i remembered wrong. ZZ Zylem wasn't the last guy in the phonebook. Steve Zywicky was. Unlike ZZ, Steve was pretty cool.

proud gonzo
Oh no....you'll have to provide the credit card number....mine has -$5.00 right now. :(
that's why it's called credit :rolleyes:

Tailwind
I got some Pizza left from Pizza Hut earlier tonight Tailwind. Grab a slice or two.
K, what kind is it? Thanks, you're a pal. :D

Tailwind
5/27/2006, 12:50 AM
that's why it's called credit :rolleyes:
Yeah, and that's how i get over the limit charges and other stupid charges.

mdklatt
5/27/2006, 12:51 AM

Why do you hate pizza restaurants?

pb4ou
5/27/2006, 12:52 AM
Nice thread jack, beyonces :rolleyes:

critical_phil
5/27/2006, 12:56 AM

here is my pizza prank call story.

during my sr. year of high school, i worked part time for Eckerd's. it was next door to a domino's pizza.

about 2 times/month, we would call domino's and order a couple of pizzas about 45 minutes before we were closing and give a name/address from the phone book. we made sure to make it an odd order though, like beef/jalapeno/pineapple or something.

without fail, the domino's manager would stop us as we were leaving work and say they got a crank call and told us he'd sell us 2 large pizzas for $5.

i just picked the pineapple off.............

yermom
5/27/2006, 08:18 AM
ugh, i'd be picking the beef off

in the dorms we'd call people that had ordered pizzas and tell them we were the delivery guy that needed to be let in way before the pizza was there

one guy went down there even though he hadn't ordered a pizza :D

tbl
5/27/2006, 08:51 AM
In Duncan there used to be an Asian family that we used to call, and they would flip smooth out. "BOING BANG BOCK BANG BEN BAO!"

Sooner24
5/27/2006, 12:41 PM
ugh, i'd be picking the beef off

in the dorms we'd call people that had ordered pizzas and tell them we were the delivery guy that needed to be let in way before the pizza was there

one guy went down there even though he hadn't ordered a pizza :D

Are you a vegetarian?

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2006, 12:48 PM
We had an "Otis the Poolman" routine my friends and I did. We called up Baylor's President the Great Robert SLOOOOOAAAAN and asked if he needed the "midnight algae" cleaned out of his pool.

I also had one of my friends call up an ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend up in Oklahoma. They both worked together at a grocery store in our hometown, so I had him call her up at night claiming to be a "District Manager" and accusing her of stealing videos from the video department. At the end of it we fired her and she started crying.

Then we called up the new boyfriend and told him that he was "rude to customers" and that we at *Grocery Store Chain* expected everyone to act like they were part of a family including the customers. Anyway, we fired him too and he got upset saying "sir, I just bought a new truck and have payments to make!"

I'm surprised she bought it; not so surprised he did.

Okla-homey
5/27/2006, 01:35 PM
Just fill out the postage paid subscription forms found in a copy of Penthouse in the name and address of your neighborhood's version of Ned Flanders. Be sure to check "bill me later." Hilarity ensues.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/28/2006, 01:27 AM
My friends and I used to call the boys from our junior high and make up fake names. We'd say we met them at White Water/the mall/a football game or wherever. This one guy was like "well if you met me, what do I look like?"

Good times.

StoopTroup
5/28/2006, 07:29 AM
Trixie?

Is that you? ;)

ChickSoonerFan
5/28/2006, 09:10 AM
My daughter and her friends think it is fun. I do NOT let them prank call......at least not strangers.

If she has some friends over and they are desperate to prank, I let them call a Walmart of something a few times and ask crazy stuff.

Pretty mild, I guess and I am the "Mom who won't let them prank" now.

jk the sooner fan
5/28/2006, 09:23 AM
i'll never forget the time as a kid, my friend and I thought it would be funny to call up a flower/plant store and ask if they sold seaweed........dont ask me to explain it, i'm sure we had good cause at the time

so we call and ask, and the guy says "yes we do"

well crap, you know.....at 9 years old, quick and witty come backs is not a motor skill yet developed

picasso
5/28/2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, some friends and I used to make prank calls when we were kids. The caller ID kind of killed it for everyone.
These kids must have found a way around it because it said private. I figured, what the hack, I'll answer it. I probably would have talked longer but my little son was fussing so I got tired of it all and quit.
*67 = call block.:D

one of my roomies from Tahlequah was the best ever.
my last year there we had some girls from the dorms who would always come out and drink beverages at our hip cool house. one of the hotties had a freshman kid who was always asking her out. said roomie calls the dude, we all listened in on the other phones.
roomie asks if the dude has been harrassing this girl? dude acts all scared. roomie tells dude he's a brother and plays for the football team (roomie could sound just like a gangsta rapper). anyway, dude says "I know you're black" roomies goes off on him calling him a racist. tells dude he knows what room he's in, yada yada...
kid was almost crying, then Pat says "Man, I'm just kiddin with you." hangs up.

it was a good one.

picasso
5/28/2006, 10:07 AM
Trixie?

Is that you? ;)
hah! my older sister had her friend call me in college once. said her name was Trixie and we met out at the club in Tulsa. had me going for a bit, I was thinking Trixie? did I......:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/28/2006, 10:37 AM
Trixie?

Is that you? ;)Heh. I forgot I posted my alias on here. Funny thing about that is that the summer before 7th grade my friend and I kept prank calling this kid using our assumed names. After he found out it was a prank he asked me to "go with him."