PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Question- MAJOR SPOILER!!

tbl
5/26/2006, 07:58 PM
Seriously, if you haven't seen the new movie, don't read this. You've been warned!

So why did he kill her? Why not just use 1 of the hundreds of antidotes lying around (or one of the 4 they used on Magneto), and shoot her up with that? STU-PID

Scott D
5/26/2006, 08:02 PM
you.....never read the comics did you?

and if you use [ spoil][/ spoil] without the spaces you hide the spoiler from people who don't want to see it.

tbl
5/26/2006, 08:53 PM
I never read the X-Men comics, but I was all about Wolverine. MOF, I still have my Wolverine #1.

So is that what happened in the comics? Scene for scene? Either way, it didn't make sense at all.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 09:08 PM
no clue haven't seen the movie...but I'm assuming you are referring to Jean Grey...who becomes Phoenix...who later becomes another entity.

dolemitesooner
5/26/2006, 10:57 PM
The movie is **** ...disregard it

Tailwind
5/26/2006, 10:59 PM
So, does Angel become Archangel in this movie?

dolemitesooner
5/26/2006, 11:00 PM
ha...lolthey are the same
lol

Norm In Norman
5/28/2006, 12:08 AM
I dunno - I've always like X-Men but I've never been a "buy it every week" type of guy, so I don't know exactly how the comic relates to this movie in many aspects. BUT:

a) You don't kill Professor X off. Maybe that's possible in the comics and it's some ploy or something and he comes back, but right now he's disintegrated and that ain't cool.
b) Same goes for Cyclops. IT'S FRICKIN' CYCLOPS! He was there from the beginning even in the movies. Of course, we didn't really see it happen...
c) They took away Magneto's powers? WTF? And Mystique? And Rogue? I don't understand.
d) I assume this was the same everywhere, but was the clip after the credits cut off for everyone else?
e) There were too many characters. Really, was there any reason to like the beast? His time was limited and the next thing you know Wolverine is saying to him "way to go furball" like they've been friends forever. They don't explain that juggernaut was Professor X's brother in law, they throw Kitty Pryde in there for no reason but to support the weak Rogue story line. Then they throw Angel in there for the heck of it but don't really use him for anything useful. Bobby FINALLY turns into Iceman and we see it for 5 seconds. And funnily enough, they cut nightcrawler out of the movies. I mean, he's one of everyone's favorites. It was just a big mess.

It appears to me that they've killed the X-Men movies and I don't understand why. It seems to me like they just did everything they could to "blow our minds" and to me the only thing that blew my mind is trying to understand why they were trying so hard to blow our minds. X2 was pretty freaking awesome. Why not go ahead and try to make X3 just as good?

The only thing I could see is MAYBE they are trying to make a bunch of spinoff movies for some of the characters (namely wolverine).

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 12:54 AM
I dunno - I've always like X-Men but I've never been a "buy it every week" type of guy, so I don't know exactly how the comic relates to this movie in many aspects. BUT:

a) You don't kill Professor X off. Maybe that's possible in the comics and it's some ploy or something and he comes back, but right now he's disintegrated and that ain't cool.
b) Same goes for Cyclops. IT'S FRICKIN' CYCLOPS! He was there from the beginning even in the movies. Of course, we didn't really see it happen...
c) They took away Magneto's powers? WTF? And Mystique? And Rogue? I don't understand.
d) I assume this was the same everywhere, but was the clip after the credits cut off for everyone else?
e) There were too many characters. Really, was there any reason to like the beast? His time was limited and the next thing you know Wolverine is saying to him "way to go furball" like they've been friends forever. They don't explain that juggernaut was Professor X's brother in law, they throw Kitty Pryde in there for no reason but to support the weak Rogue story line. Then they throw Angel in there for the heck of it but don't really use him for anything useful. Bobby FINALLY turns into Iceman and we see it for 5 seconds. And funnily enough, they cut nightcrawler out of the movies. I mean, he's one of everyone's favorites. It was just a big mess.

It appears to me that they've killed the X-Men movies and I don't understand why. It seems to me like they just did everything they could to "blow our minds" and to me the only thing that blew my mind is trying to understand why they were trying so hard to blow our minds. X2 was pretty freaking awesome. Why not go ahead and try to make X3 just as good?

The only thing I could see is MAYBE they are trying to make a bunch of spinoff movies for some of the characters (namely wolverine).

Thank you norm ...You hit the ****ing nail on the fat *** head.

The reason comics translate so well to movies is because comics are basicly story boards. There is not that much to right. For example:

X2 is based off a book written by Cris Clarmont called "God loves Man kills." The William stryker in it was a televagelist who wanted to basicly kill all mutants and manipulated people using religon or christianty. He had a son who was a mutant and this made him sick. He kidnapped Charles Xavier and used his mind to track down mutants so they could be killed. This was also the first run of booksthat looked into Wolverines past.

The only diffance between the book and the movie was they put William Stryker in the Millitary.

The movie and book were so close.

In x3 they dont use a book for a story board they just take charters and right there own stupid as story which involves Alcatraz Island, and tried to make it a ****ing jerry bruckihimer movie.

Also the director from X1 AND X2 LEFT THE PROJECT TO WORK ON THE SUPERMAN MOVIE. Bryan Singer the former Diretor has written comics and knew the characters.

I could go on and on the movie is **** dont waste your money I am done I am about to start getting ****ed again:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SoonerWood
5/28/2006, 01:11 AM
When I read comic books as a kid, the superheroes were always losing powers, getting them back, dying, coming back to life, getting new powers, losing them again, getting cloned, etc, etc.... so as far as that goes the movie isn't any different. They do take a lot of freedom with the actual storylines from the comic books, but that's Hollywood.

I don't think they put too many characters in the movies, it's kinda cool seeing so many of them - they just need to make the movies several hours longer. :D

With Magneto's powers showing back up at the end, the cure seems temporary. Certainly wouldn't be shocked if that were the case.

Making a movie from comic books is about as perfect as it gets for Hollywood, you can pretty much do anything to any of the characters and always recover from it in a sequel.

Wolverine is supposed to have his own movie released at some point.

Also - in case you didn't see the clip after the credits...

It shows that Professor X transferred his mind into the body of that guy on life support that they showed earlier in the movie with Moira

SoonerWood
5/28/2006, 01:17 AM
Thank you norm ...You hit the ****ing nail on the fat *** head.

The reason comics translate so well to movies is because comics are basicly story boards. There is not that much to right. For example:

X2 is based off a book written by Cris Clarmont called "God loves Man kills." The William stryker in it was a televagelist who wanted to basicly kill all mutants and manipulated people using religon or christianty. He had a son who was a mutant and this made him sick. He kidnapped Charles Xavier and used his mind to track down mutants so they could be killed. This was also the first run of booksthat looked into Wolverines past.

The only diffance between the book and the movie was they put William Stryker in the Millitary.

The movie and book were so close.

In x3 they dont use a book for a story board they just take charters and right there own stupid as story which involves Alcatraz Island, and tried to make it a ****ing jerry bruckihimer movie.

Also the director from X1 AND X2 LEFT THE PROJECT TO WORK ON THE SUPERMAN MOVIE. Bryan Singer the former Diretor has written comics and knew the characters.

I could go on and on the movie is **** dont waste your money I am done I am about to start getting ****ed again:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

X2 didn't really follow the historical storyline either, or at least what became the storyline...Jean Grey didn't die and become Phoenix in the flood from an exploded dam. She died in a space shuttle accident, and Phoenix wasn't even Jean Grey at all, but some sort of mixed up 'phoenix force' power that thought it was Jean Grey. Jean was found later, still in the space shuttle... or something. That whole Jean Grey storyline was extremely convoluted anyways - I don't think the writers even knew what was going on.

StoopTroup
5/28/2006, 07:33 AM
Is it possible that the X-men folks in Hollywood are responsible for this?
http://www.normantranscript.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_281014359/xl

the_ouskull
5/28/2006, 08:12 AM
I have been collecting the comics for longer than many of the residents of this board have been alive...

Having said that, I really enjoyed the movie. Why? Because I went to the theatres to be enterained, not to follow the storylines to a T. If you want to do that, then Iceman needed to be older, Beast and Angel needed to be around from the beginning, and before Wolvie, et al.. showed up, there needed to be a giant island threatening mankind.

They are movies. They took liberties with the comic storyline, and that's cool. That's great. They're allowed. If die-hards don't like it, that's too bad... it really is... because I, for one, refuse to let said liberties keep me from enjoying myself.

I'm an X-Men fan, and I like the movies too... even X3. I don't understand why more people don't.

the_ouskull

Tailwind
5/28/2006, 08:42 AM
I absorbed the X-Men stuff through osmosis from my kids. They were heaavily into them. I drew a picture of Rogue that they had their favorite comic shop put up on their wall. I enjoy watching the movies with my son, who likes to pick out un-named mutants and tell me who they are. And Hugh Jackman is hott.

tbl
5/28/2006, 08:49 AM
I didn't enjoy it, and I'm not a comic book purist. There were too many holes and too much stuff that didn't make sense. After reading Norm & Dolemites posts, it makes it even more clear that they screwed up.

I'm all for a Wolverine movie. He's the one I was always into, and that also follows the comic books b/c he had many comics on his own. Maybe they'll bring the Hulk in (the grey version)...

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 09:04 AM
I have been collecting the comics for longer than many of the residents of this board have been alive...

Having said that, I really enjoyed the movie. Why? Because I went to the theatres to be enterained, not to follow the storylines to a T. If you want to do that, then Iceman needed to be older, Beast and Angel needed to be around from the beginning, and before Wolvie, et al.. showed up, there needed to be a giant island threatening mankind.

They are movies. They took liberties with the comic storyline, and that's cool. That's great. They're allowed. If die-hards don't like it, that's too bad... it really is... because I, for one, refuse to let said liberties keep me from enjoying myself.

I'm an X-Men fan, and I like the movies too... even X3. I don't understand why more people don't.

the_ouskull

I wasnt about the story line following comics to a T, but you cant rape other peoples ideas. They took more then liberties. Liberties are when you do things like Peter jackson did with lord of the rings or what Singer did with X2. YESS!!! THIS IS A MOVIE AND NOT A COMIC BOOK AND YOU HAVE TO TRY AND PLEASE THE MAJOIRTY OF YOU AUDEINCE WHO HAS NOT EVEN TOUCHED A COMIC. But you do't basterdize other people ideas.

You don't kill main charcters for no ****ing reason so that you can make it EXC!TING and a god damn jerry bruckheimer movie.

You are not a comic fan and if you are you proably drool on the pages. You like thi movie for the same reason every 15 year old boy does. Because it has tons of action, COOL CGI nad people die. and you geet to see some HAWT CHICKS. You are in the group that hollywood wants to please. You proably also enjoyed National Treasure, Alctraz, Kangaroo Jack. Pearl Harbor , and Flash dance.

Start signing your posts like this

- ou skull (who will buy anything you seel me because like the public I have no mind)

ChickSoonerFan
5/28/2006, 09:05 AM
I have never seen the movie or read any of the comic books, I have no business posting in this thread, I just wanted to try to hide a post and see if it works. Not trying to thread jack so carry on. Thanks

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 09:13 AM
When I read comic books as a kid, the superheroes were always losing powers, getting them back, dying, coming back to life, getting new powers, losing them again, getting cloned, etc, etc.... so as far as that goes the movie isn't any different.
Yes it is Never and I mean never did a A list Chacater die walking in a house to tlak to someone. Now characters do die in dramatic endings. You know paying the price to save the world thing. Yes they do die and come back but not like this. "hey guys I am cyclops and now I am dead and I was int he movie 10 minutes..BULL****. never

They do take a lot of freedom with the actual storylines from the comic books, but that's Hollywood.
Yes they change things and thats fine I understand .....but you don't basterdize things like they did in this.

I don't think they put too many characters in the movies, it's kinda cool seeing so many of them - they just need to make the movies several hours longer. :D
I never sid they put to many charcaters in the movie a splash of a character is ok. There are alot of X-men.

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 09:14 AM
WHY IN THE HELL ARE THERE SPOILER TAG LINES IN THIS THREAD WTF!!!!!!!!!

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 09:23 AM
I AM amazed with the sloppy and lazy way this movie was slapped together. There were action sequences in The Last Stand that were definitely better than sequences in X-Men 1 & 2 but the rest was LACKING.

How is it that one of their team members rises from the dead, proceeds to murder two of their fellow X-Men and NO ONE on the team seems to care about it other than Wolverine?

How is it that Phoenix never actually battles the X-Men but instead just stands there - not angry, not perplexed, not torn...nothing.

Bad writing and yes, Ratner is to blame because he reshaped the script this way.

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 09:32 AM
Peter Jackson didn't take that many liberties with LOTR. i couldn't have possibly been MORE AGAINST Tolkien films in the jihadist zealoted complete absolute no ****ing way don't do it EVER....but in the end i was pretty impressed after i groused about never going for a long time.

there's some goofy stuff here and there.....but overall there was too much Jackson LOTR piety to worry about that. when Farimar rolls out the map that's in the books, damn.

though....cutting out Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights was flat out wrong. Tom Bombadil, man.

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 09:34 AM
Peter Jackson didn't take that many liberties with LOTR. i couldn't have possibly been MORE AGAINST Tolkien films in the jihadist zealoted complete absolute no ****ing way don't do it EVER....but in the end i was pretty impressed after i groused about never going for a long time.

there's some goofy stuff here and there.....but overall there was too much Jackson LOTR piety to worry about that.

though....cutting out Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights was flat out wrong. Tom Bombadil, man.
Like I said some things need to be be cut to make this epic fit into the 11 hours.

The Tom Bombadil thing was a liberty.

At least they ****ing didnt kill gandalf 20 minutes in

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 09:38 AM
Like I said some things need to be be cut to make this epic fit into the 11 hours.

The Tom Bombadil thing was a liberty.

At least they ****ing didnt kill gandalf 20 minutes in

i'll tell you one thing that totally sucked....was the Two Towers preview showed you Gandalf comes back. that ain't ****ing right. when you are a 12 year old reading and the Balrog takes down the big G with his whip.....you suffer until the White Rider chapter in TT. things ain't looking too good...that's drama.

that was wrong to show that in the preview.

SoonerWood
5/28/2006, 09:48 AM
Well my first post wasn't a response to yours but to Norm's, anyhow...

Professor X isn't dead. - did you not stay to see the clip after the credits?
We didn't see what happened to Cyclops. So he isn't necessarily dead.
Phoenix isn't Jean Grey. Jean Grey can still be alive at the bottom of that river.

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 11:11 AM
Well my first post wasn't a response to yours but to Norm's, anyhow...

Professor X isn't dead. - did you not stay to see the clip after the credits?
We didn't see what happened to Cyclops. So he isn't necessarily dead.
Phoenix isn't Jean Grey. Jean Grey can still be alive at the bottom of that river.
1. Stupid
2. Stupid
3. Stupid

I saw the ****ing movie I know what they had in it. Thats why I don't like it. Proffeser x could be in some mans *** ans I would still be ****ed. Cyclops could be at the bottom of a lake having sex with jean in the *** with ky and I would still be ****ed. JEAN GREY COULD BE A NAKED bEONCYE KNOWLES AND i woudl still thinlk the movie was ****

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 11:12 AM
Ok if Jean grey was played by Beoncye and got naked I wouldnt be ****ed

I lie somtimes

Scott D
5/28/2006, 11:14 AM
1. Stupid
2. Stupid
3. Stupid

I saw the ****ing movie I know what they had in it. Thats why I don't like it. Proffeser x could be in some mans *** ans I would still be ****ed. Cyclops could be at the bottom of a lake having sex with jean in the *** with ky and I would still be ****ed. JEAN GREY COULD BE A NAKED bEONCYE KNOWLES AND i woudl still thinlk the movie was ****

that's just because you are an advocate of astroglide instead of ky isn't it :D

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 11:16 AM
yWhat the **** is astroglide

Scott D
5/28/2006, 11:20 AM
don't act like you don't know :D

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 11:25 AM
I don't

Scott D
5/28/2006, 11:30 AM
google it then beyonce (not that anyone believes you don't know what it is) :D

dolemitesooner
5/28/2006, 11:32 AM
Astroglide Personal Lubricant provides whisper-light lubrication for enhancing the comfort and ease of intimate activity. Developed to mimic natural body fluids, Astroglide not only lubricates, but also acts as a moisturizer for vaginal dryness. Astroglide's long-lasting super-slick formula is pH balanced, water-based, water-soluble and petroleum free. Astroglide will intensify the pleasure and sensitivity for both partners. It is the perfect ingredient for increased sexual fun.

yermom
5/28/2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.xnetuk.co.uk/images/N0674.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/28/2006, 12:27 PM
ah, graphic novel #2, the sequel to the best one of all "the death of captain marvel".

i'm sorry, but if you are going to have a ton of characters make a movie on the secret wars, or galactus coming to earth or someping. otherwise, keep it simple.

tbl
5/28/2006, 12:55 PM

there's some goofy stuff here and there.....but overall there was too much Jackson LOTR piety to worry about that. when Farimar rolls out the map that's in the books, damn.

There were a lot more problems than just those two. I hated what he did with the movies. The above are a few but don't forget:

Faramir taking Frodo to Osgiliath b/c he is consumed with lust for the ring. In the books, he lets him go at the fountain b/c he is not like his brother.

Gandalf falling off the bridge at Kazad-Duum. In the movie, he is whipped by the balrog, but not drug all the way down. Instead of just pulling himself up, he's apparently too big of a wuss to do that. Also, Boromir and Aragorn hold the hobbitts back that are trying to run to him to rescue him. Why? In the books, he is whipped and pulled down BY the whip. PJ could have easily done this, but it didn't flow with his stupid slow-motion brand of filming.

There are a TON more, but I haven't seen them in a while and I don't feel like typing for hours.

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 01:02 PM
There were a lot more problems than just those two. I hated what he did with the movies. The above are a few but don't forget:

Faramir taking Frodo to Osgiliath b/c he is consumed with lust for the ring. In the books, he lets him go at the fountain b/c he is not like his brother.

Gandalf falling off the bridge at Kazad-Duum. In the movie, he is whipped by the balrog, but not drug all the way down. Instead of just pulling himself up, he's apparently too big of a wuss to do that. Also, Boromir and Aragorn hold the hobbitts back that are trying to run to him to rescue him. Why? In the books, he is whipped and pulled down BY the whip. PJ could have easily done this, but it didn't flow with his stupid slow-motion brand of filming.

There are a TON more, but I haven't seen them in a while and I don't feel like typing for hours.

oh, i know. there's a ton of stuff. orcs used to be elves? that's not in the books. the mouthpiece of sauron is also a sad omission at the black gate--though it's on the extended DVD version and pretty cool. Saruman is kind of botched as a figure as well. he's evil from the get-go in the films.

among the worst is the lack of apparent explanation after Frodo get's stung by Shelob...and carried off by the orcs...there's no given sense in the film why the Hand and the Eye are fighting at this point. that whole sub-drama between Uruk and "morgal rats" is totally lost.

another sort of **** off was making Elrond seem like a bad guy since Liv Tyler wanted Ziggo. gotta hype the love story, i guess.

i respect your stalwart postion. i really do.

tbl
5/28/2006, 01:20 PM
orcs used to be elves? that's not in the books.

Actually, it is. It's in the Silmarillion. Morgoth, the original bad guy, created them in the first age. tolkien states that Morgoth could not create anything, as Illuvatar (the one) was the only one capable of creating. Morgoth could only corrupt the creation. Morgoth was one of the original Valar, to which Sauron and the wizards were a level below, the Maiar.

the mouthpiece of sauron is also a sad ommission at the black gate--though it's on the extended DVD version. Saruman is kind of botched as a figure as well. he's evil from the get-go in the films.

Agreed about the mouth. He was a pretty heavy dude in the books. However, I don't mind omissions so much as I do unnecessary additions and changes. More than Saruman being bad, I don't like the way he totally dominated Gandalf in the movies. For that matter, Gandalf is treated like a normal old fart until he comes back as Gandalf the White.

I forgot another one that bugged me. In the movie, Frodo is the one that figured out the password "friend" at Durins gate. In the books, Gandalf of course figures it out on his own.

another sort of **** off was making Elrond seem like a bad guy since Liv Tyler wanted Ziggo. gotta hype the love story, i guess.

No doubt. He is a huge jerkhead in the movies, but there is no basis for it. If I were to watch the movies again, I'm sure all of this would come flooding back to me. I make it miserable for my wife or whoever is with me while the movies are on b/c I'm complaining the entire time.

Also, Aragorn is NEVER afraid of who he is, and he takes Anduril (the sword of Isildur) with him when the fellowship departs Rivendell in FOTR. In the movies, he doesn't get Anduril until ROTK. Up until then, he's portrayed as a chicken wussy that is afraid to be king. In the books, the dude knows who he is and is extremely proud of it. He bides his time before he reveals himself to the people of Gondor, but it's not for shame of himself.

Elves at Helms Deep, no scouring of the Shire, Shadowfax being downplayed... this could turn into a long thread.

I'm getting worked up and I haven't seen the movies in years... :eddie:

King Crimson
5/28/2006, 01:28 PM
yeah, you are right about Aragorn and the re-smithing of Anduril. my sister said that the elves-to-orcs thing is in the Silmarillion as well....i didn't remember that.

scouring of the shire....also, is where saruman re-emerges as a small-time crime boss called "sharky" i think.

tbl
5/28/2006, 01:33 PM
Since the scouring was completely omitted, Sharky never showed up.

I used to read the books (Sil, Hob, and LOTR) once every 2 years or so, but I haven't done it in a while. I've been reading mostly non-fiction lately, so I think it's time I busted them out again.

Octavian
5/28/2006, 06:13 PM
wow....just got back from the theater.

I can't really express how dissapointed I am w/ X3....they just butchered an awesome series.

Octavian
5/28/2006, 06:24 PM
why do they even have Colossus in the movie? :confused: He's an awesome character...

Killing Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean was absolutely absurd...I began to hope they were gonna pull a Wizard of Oz and someone wake up in the morning, realize it was all a nightmare, and I could walk out of the theater a little less ****ed off.

just awful.

OzarkSooner
5/28/2006, 07:54 PM
That's one of the things that USED TO hack me off about going to the movies with my wife. She ALWAYS stays in the theater until they turn the lights on. I used to hate this until I realized that movies like this one have "stuff" that you need to see AFTER the credits. Now I just watch the other people leave and think...you're gonna' miss something!

jrsooner
5/28/2006, 10:42 PM
So, does Angel become Archangel in this movie?To answer your question...nope.

Tailwind
5/28/2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, thanks.

jrsooner
5/28/2006, 11:04 PM
My two cents worth on the movie from an old comic reader also. I loved it! My wife who doesn't like comics wants to go back a 2nd time. Both of my boys returned home to play "x-men". I give it a thumbs up.

Now to misc./random comments:
1. I love the "homage" shown to the Claremont/Byrne issues of the comics. Pheonix "stopping" Scott's beams was a very nice touch. They did stray a little with Wolverine killing Jean instead of the classic on the moon shot of Cyclops killing her.
2. Kitty Pryde!!!!! YES!!!!! FINALLY we get to see more of her than the random pass through walls (X1) or the fall through the floor (X2) bits.
3. No Nightcrawler. No big deal, I always hated him. My wife missed him though.
4. It was just stated that the cure was "permanent", but it could be a false statement. Magneto was shown "moving" a chess piece slightly at the end of the movie.
5. Finally get to see Bobby "iced up". They did a great job with it.
6. Nice setup for the Angel if they do any more movies. Especially with Xavier's school probably needing some money input.
7. Where's Siryn and Jubilee? I would have loved to see these two with the group holding the line.

Everyone that I know personally wants to go see it at least one more time (comic readers and non comic readers). They must have done something right with it.

the_ouskull
5/28/2006, 11:57 PM
I wasnt about the story line following comics to a T, but you cant rape other peoples ideas. They took more then liberties. Liberties are when you do things like Peter jackson did with lord of the rings or what Singer did with X2. YESS!!! THIS IS A MOVIE AND NOT A COMIC BOOK AND YOU HAVE TO TRY AND PLEASE THE MAJOIRTY OF YOU AUDEINCE WHO HAS NOT EVEN TOUCHED A COMIC. But you do't basterdize other people ideas.

You don't kill main charcters for no ****ing reason so that you can make it EXC!TING and a god damn jerry bruckheimer movie.

You are not a comic fan and if you are you proably drool on the pages. You like thi movie for the same reason every 15 year old boy does. Because it has tons of action, COOL CGI nad people die. and you geet to see some HAWT CHICKS. You are in the group that hollywood wants to please. You proably also enjoyed National Treasure, Alctraz, Kangaroo Jack. Pearl Harbor , and Flash dance.

Start signing your posts like this

- ou skull (who will buy anything you seel me because like the public I have no mind)

This is gonna get one of us banned...

Having a difference of opinion is one thing. I stated my opinion, and asked you the reasoning behind yours. You gave me, in order, opinionated drivel, a "cool" line you probably heard from someone else, inaccurate information, and then a personal attack.

Oh, well allow me to retort:

Opinionated Drivel: Yes, they CAN take liberties. You know why? 'cause it's THEIR movie. You can choose to go see it or not to go see it, and, if you go and see it and dislike it, that's your thing. You have the right to an opinion... same as me... But they took liberties in X1 and X2 as well. Were you crying your little fanboy eyes out after THOSE movies? Why weren't the original X-Men the ones in X1? Well, because then X2 would have been about them fighting a giant f*cking island, and Hugh Jackman wouldn't have been around. I don't really hear you bitching about the fact that they combined Destiny, The Flash from DC, and Callisto to make one character either. That's another liberty.

And, before you go on the attack, try to figure out ways to make what they did work. Maybe they killed off Cyclops because James Marsden wouldn't sign on for a 4th film. Also, by killing him, a main character since X1 off, they showed everybody who ISN'T a little fanboy and doesn't know the Jean Grey / Phoenix / Dark Phoenix storyline like the back of their date... errr... hand... they showed those people that Dark Phoenix meant business. I mean, other than the back-and-forth between he and Wolvie, Cyclops wasn't much in these movies anyway. He served his purpose: He got used to show non-comic fans that Dark Phoenix was not someone to be f*cked with.

The Bruckheimer Line: How many times, on how many different message boards have you used, since you first saw X3 and then discussed it with friends, etc... one of whom probably originated the line... how many times have you used said line? Seriously... I mean, is it even as clever as you're giving yourself credit for? I notice you're not giving him much credit for American Gigolo or the Beverly Hills Cop movies... Great movies. Just 'cause he got rich off of a couple of disaster flicks doesn't mean that this was one of them just because a few bit players (in the movie, not the comic... Cyclops is a bit player... sorry) get killed off, one of whom we don't see die, and one of whom, as you know FROM the comic, was possessed by a force; an entity powerful enough to cheat death. (Which is technically how she became Phoenix in the first place, although she DID die doing so...) Professor X's BODY died, but his mind is still quite intact, apparently. You left that part out as well. So, we saw NONE of these liberties that you're opining about actually die. If Phoenix was powerful enough to cocoon herself, it stands to reason she could have done the same with Scott, knowing that love is one of the only things that the entity has a weakness for, and with Scott around, she would be vunerable. That sounds to me, in fact, EXACTLY like something that an almost all-powerful being would think of... but what do I know. I don't read the comics. I like Kangaroo Jack. Etc, etc, etc... Hey whatever helps you sleep at night to know that there are guys out there that don't look / dress like a freaking homeless person, or StarWars geek, and are still into comics.

Inaccurate information: You were close. I'm not 15, I'm 32. If I drool on anything, it's because I fell asleep on it, and I actually haven't seen any of the movies that you listed, oddly enough including Flashdance, which is weird since it aired like 4 or 5 times a day on HBO when I was growing up. Between it and Footloose, I thought I was going to grow up to be a dancer in Vegas. Anyway, I liked the movie because I liked the movie. I feel like, if it ends there, it ended well, and, if it doesn't end there, I'm excited to see who and what they bring back, if anybody, and, yes, also to see what liberties they take with the next flick, even if you soil your Depends over it.

So, given that I proposed my reasons for liking the movie, and even discussed various directions they may be going in with the next movie, if there is one, and did so using logic AND information from both the comics and movies, do you still think that I, quote, "have no mind?"

...'cause I'd hate to hear you admit to just having gotten b*tchslapped by a r*tard.

Also, unless you started collecting before X-Men 6, don't talk to me. That's my oldest issue. (First appearance of Juggernaut, btw... You get ****ed about him too? "They didn't mention that he's Charles' brother... Waaaaa.") I started getting really serious in the early 100's. I collected all the way up through the mid 250's, also picking up EVERY X-Factor, and most of the New Mutants (even those I didn't much care of those...) as well as catching up on X-Men backstories through the X-Men Classic's re-releases of the storylines starting with the Krakaoa storyline that brought in the second wave of X-Men, containing Colossus, Storm, Banshee, Thunderbird, Nightcrawler, and Sunfire...

Oh wait, I'm not supposed to know anything about the X-Men, am I? I'll go back to drooling...

In closing... if you wanna get ****ed about something, get ****ed about the fact that Rebecca Romijn has been approached about a Mystique film... that Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart have been approached about a Magneto film... get ****ed about stuff like THAT. A Wolverine film is a good idea. No other character really has what we, as a fan base, want out of a feature film. We gonna get a Halle Berry Storm movie where she, like Storm's character (not that I'm supposed to know this or anything) runs around naked all the time? We gonna get a Rogue movie were she finally gets her permanent powers? I hope not...

...although I DO hope that you learned something here today. Just because you collect comics and didn't like X3 doesn't mean that someone that liked it is less of a collector, or a fan, than you are. Also, just because you have more posts than someone doesn't mean that you've got more pull. I've been around here over a year longer than you. Don't confuse my having a life with being short on information.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a pillow to go and drool on. I'll try not to imagine CGI boobies while I'm sleeping...

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
5/29/2006, 12:01 AM
How is it that one of their team members rises from the dead, proceeds to murder two of their fellow X-Men and NO ONE on the team seems to care about it other than Wolverine?

Part of it, I'm sure, has to do with the fact that nobody other than Wolvie was able to get anywhere near her... The other part is that, since they all know that she (Phoenix) was able to destory Professor X, she's probably a liiiiiittle bit stronger than any of them, or, rather, all of them put together. Being sad about losing your teammates and being suicidal are not the same thing... unless, of course, you're Wolverine.

How is it that Phoenix never actually battles the X-Men but instead just stands there - not angry, not perplexed, not torn...nothing.

Because she's an alien and she doesn't really know, or care, about Earthly conflicts, which is all she saw that battle as. Also, given that there's two entities bouncing around in her head, she's probably a little distracted.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
5/29/2006, 12:04 AM
1. Stupid Your opinion.
2. Stupid Your opinion.
3. Stupid Your opinion.

Good to see you haven't lost any of your eloquence in defending your opinions though... Sounds to me like CyclopsFan69 is just having some teen angst in dealing with his woodenesque character being (allegedly) killed. I won't go into why they did it anymore though... I've already covered that. Just know that they didn't make this movie with just you in mind there, RubyQuartz23.

the_ouskull

jrsooner
5/29/2006, 01:14 AM
Also, unless you started collecting before X-Men 6, don't talk to me. That's my oldest issue.Hey!!! X-Men #6 didn't have Juggy in it. Submariner, Magneto, Wanda, Quicksilver, Toad, etc., but no Juggy. X-Men #12, but not #6. ;)

...although I DO hope that you learned something here today. Just because you collect comics and didn't like X3 doesn't mean that someone that liked it is less of a collector, or a fan, than you are.Heck every "middle aged" comic collector that I've talked to loved the film. Though most of them like Superman comics, so do their opinion count? :P

I will state though the only thing Marvel has going for them in my opinion is the movies. They lost me over the past 2-3 years with all their changes in the comics. Where I used to be 75% Marvel, I'm now 0% unless I'm buying back issues. If people really want to belly ache about how they "changed" the characters, just look at the latest Marvel comics. They've done worst in print than they've done in the movies.

Octavian
5/29/2006, 02:12 AM
I dont have a problem w/ minor plot or character alterations or departures from the comics.

But in X3...

Jean Grey dies.

Cyclops dies.

Professor X dies.

Pyro lives.

Whats wrong w/ this movie?

...and even if Xavier transfered his mind to the veggie patient...coming back in non-Jean Luc form would be teh succ.

the_ouskull
5/29/2006, 02:20 AM
I dont have a problem w/ minor plot or character alterations or departures from the comics.

But in X3...

Jean Grey dies.

Cyclops dies.

Professor X dies.

Pyro lives.

...and even if Xavier transfered his mind to the veggie patient...coming back in non-Jean Luc form would be teh succ.

See? This is a so much better argument than, "it's like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie."

the_ouskull

mrowl
5/29/2006, 07:15 AM
x1 sucked.

x2 was pretty good.

thanks for the warning on x3, out.

waiting for superman.

jrsooner
5/29/2006, 08:48 AM
But in X3...
Jean Grey dies.
Cyclops dies.
Professor X dies.
Pyro lives.

...and even if Xavier transfered his mind to the veggie patient...coming back in non-Jean Luc form would be teh succ.Okay, I'll give you the Cyclops point. BUT if I remember my X-history...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/XMEN42.jpg

Professor X bites the dust for less than a 2 years. Also, didn't he die again in the late 80s early/90s forcing Magneto to take over as head of the Xavier School?

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/uncanny/uncanny136.jpg

Finally noticing that the Pheonix power is out of control Jean heads back to her mom and dad's house, where Professor X confronts her to help put the Pheonix in check.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/uncanny/uncanny137.jpg

In an all out "superhero" clash, Cyclops kills Jean as she lets down her guard for him to do it. Deviation...Wolvie kills her in X3.

Not that many deviations, but still some. I'll give you the Cyclops was a major deviation.

the_ouskull
5/29/2006, 11:50 AM
...one which I explained as best as I could. Why does nobody listen?

...and that's a rhetorical question for any of you wise*sses that see a softball and think it's a green light. The fact that you need a softball to get at me nonwithstanding, I think I'll go ahead and defuse it regardless.

the_ouskull

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 02:21 PM
skulll I am puking my *** off ...I a ****ing haung over and I think I ate somthing I shouldn't.

I was not personaly meaning to go at you bro, but I am crazy about comics. If I get better and can stare at this screen I will break you down like jake did heath leadger in brokeback moutain. Now to go puke. ****!!!!!

the_ouskull
5/29/2006, 03:12 PM
I, too, am (or at least, admittedly, WAS) crazy about comics as well, and I don't feel like they were tainted nearly as much by this movie as they have been by natural evolution of plot lines, etc...

As one gets older, few new, or different, things in life will seem as cool; as important; even as relevant, as the "old things." I miss the "old" X-Men, but that doesn't make me hate what they've done to freshen it up for a "new" crowd. If anything, I think that the note on which this movie ended will be sufficent reason for a number of people, young and old, to go back into the vault, so to speak, and learn about the X-Men the way people like you and I know them... ("The Thing... Is his dork made of orange rock too?") And, in my honest opinion, if a few liberties within the movie, which they HAVE to make to the broadest possible appeal... help get people back into their old comics, or, even better, get newer readers to go back and read the old stuff... then to me, it's worth it. I've got what the old comics were in my heart. That's why I can allow myself to just sit back and be enterained.

Sorry I went off as well. I don't take personal attacks well, I guess. Lol. It's cool though.

the_ouskull

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 03:50 PM
I was buying comic books back when The X-Men, Daredevil, Ironman, Hulk, were born and The Fantastic Four and Spiderman were in their infancy. I agree with 99.99% of what ouskull has said. If you want the movies to follow the comic book 100% when they make the 14th Fantasic Four movie it will include The Red Ghost and his super-apes on the moon. ;)

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 03:53 PM
Also, The Watcher is seen here wearing the first ever pair of Crocs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/FF48.jpg

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 03:55 PM
I think he was headed to a toga party in that picture.

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 04:02 PM

He is his stepbrother not brother-in-law.

SoonerWood
5/29/2006, 04:19 PM
http://f5.putfile.com/5/14817183737.jpg

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 04:25 PM
This is gonna get one of us banned...

Having a difference of opinion is one thing. I stated my opinion, and asked you the reasoning behind yours. You gave me, in order, opinionated drivel, a "cool" line you probably heard from someone else, inaccurate information, and then a personal attack.

First of all what you call opinionated drivel is acctualy very educated opinionated drivel. No I did not here that line from someone else. but nice of you to asume things. You do that alot. I never once gave out inaccurate infromation.

Oh, well allow me to retort:

Allow me to do the say BEONCYE.

Opinionated Drivel: Yes, they CAN take liberties. You know why? 'cause it's THEIR movie. You can choose to go see it or not to go see it, and, if you go and see it and dislike it, that's your thing. You have the right to an opinion... same as me... But they took liberties in X1 and X2 as well. Were you crying your little fanboy eyes out after THOSE movies? Why weren't the original X-Men the ones in X1? Well, because then X2 would have been about them fighting a giant f*cking island, and Hugh Jackman wouldn't have been around. I don't really hear you bitching about the fact that they combined Destiny, The Flash from DC, and Callisto to make one character either. That's another liberty.

I never said they could not take any liberties. Your right they can take as many as they want and they will make less money and less movies in the end because of it.

After x1 and x2 I bitched about a few things because I am fan boy and I bitch. did I cry no. Did I buy the movies yes. Will I buy X3? NO!!!!!!!

The Original X-men were in the movie. You see you should know this beacuse you apparently think you know more about comics than me.

There are 3 clear ages in the X-men comic line.
1st age X- men # 1 came out in 1963 written of course by lee and drawn by Kirby. X-men for your infromation was one of the worst selling comics up until 1975. Marvel then decided to start a new with the x-men bring in a new writting team and shake things up.

2nd age Giant size X-men #1 , and Uncanny X-men #94 is where the X-men as we know them today were born. The X-men would never be the same. These veered far from the squeaky-clean American teen image from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s Silver Age. In fact they were neither teens nor American! Young mutants from Germany, Africa, Russia, Ireland, Canada and the Native American West would all be represented. They team was made of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Collosus, Banshee, Cyclops, and James Proudstar. This run brought us The phoienx- saga, God loves man kills, and Days of the future past.

3rd Age In 1991 marvel decided once again to shake things up Releasing X-men #1. There were 2 teams with a tons of members but all of the classics were there.

It would take 40 years to put all of the x-men comics on the big screen. So what they did was make a team that reflected all of the eras of teams with what are the most noteable charcters.

Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rouge, Storm. This is very close to the Orignal x-men From Giant size X-men # 1. Jean came in after a few issues and Rouge a little later.

And, before you go on the attack, try to figure out ways to make what they did work. Maybe they killed off Cyclops because James Marsden wouldn't sign on for a 4th film. Also, by killing him, a main character since X1 off, they showed everybody who ISN'T a little fanboy and doesn't know the Jean Grey / Phoenix / Dark Phoenix storyline like the back of their date... errr... hand... they showed those people that Dark Phoenix meant business. I mean, other than the back-and-forth between he and Wolvie, Cyclops wasn't much in these movies anyway. He served his purpose: He got used to show non-comic fans that Dark Phoenix was not someone to be f*cked with.

Cyclops is not a character you just kill for no ****ing reason it added no sustance to the movie. You can make Jean grey a bad *** without that. Ok so if he dosn't sign form another you bring in ****ing someone else it happens all the time.

I do know the Phoenix story better then the back of my date...err hand. (By the way forth graders use that **** dude. You don't know me)
I Know it so well that I know of course that they cant put the whole thing on the screen and there would have to be changes. The whole space thing might have been a little to much. But........You don't ****ing put make the Phoenix inside her. It was somthing that took her body over. Not somthing that was in her body already. They could have easly done this. But no they chose to ****ing improv some bull****.

The Bruckheimer Line: How many times, on how many different message boards have you used, since you first saw X3 and then discussed it with friends, etc... one of whom probably originated the line... how many times have you used said line? Seriously... I mean, is it even as clever as you're giving yourself credit for? I notice you're not giving him much credit for American Gigolo or the Beverly Hills Cop movies... Great movies.

No he has never made a great movie. He has made 2 types of movies.

1. Ok movies the are enjoyable

2. **** movies

This movie was a ****ty special effects crappy onliner cgi taken over summer **** fest and thats what he makes thats why I used him. Stupid peopel like these movies. People who are comfused by the simplest of plots. X3 might as well been made by him. The effects and onliners might have been better.

Just 'cause he got rich off of a couple of disaster flicks doesn't mean that this was one of them just because a few bit players (in the movie, not the comic... Cyclops is a bit player... sorry) get killed off, one of whom we don't see die, and one of whom, as you know FROM the comic, was possessed by a force; an entity powerful enough to cheat death. (Which is technically how she became Phoenix in the first place, although she DID die doing so...) Professor X's BODY died, but his mind is still quite intact, apparently. You left that part out as well. So, we saw NONE of these liberties that you're opining about actually die. If Phoenix was powerful enough to cocoon herself, it stands to reason she could have done the same with Scott, knowing that love is one of the only things that the entity has a weakness for, and with Scott around, she would be vunerable. That sounds to me, in fact, EXACTLY like something that an almost all-powerful being would think of... but what do I know. I don't read the comics. I like Kangaroo Jack. Etc, etc, etc... Hey whatever helps you sleep at night to know that there are guys out there that don't look / dress like a freaking homeless person, or StarWars geek, and are still into comics.

Cyclops is not a bit player and wasnt a bit player in any of the movies. He is the X-men him and jean grey. They were the first and they will be the last. Bit.....ha.

They all died. they made it appear like they all died. I don't give 2 ****s about what hokie ways they use to bring them back. They died. You can try and talk you way around it but that what happen.

Inaccurate information: You were close. I'm not 15, I'm 32. If I drool on anything, it's because I fell asleep on it, and I actually haven't seen any of the movies that you listed, oddly enough including Flashdance, which is weird since it aired like 4 or 5 times a day on HBO when I was growing up. Between it and Footloose, I thought I was going to grow up to be a dancer in Vegas. Anyway, I liked the movie because I liked the movie. I feel like, if it ends there, it ended well, and, if it doesn't end there, I'm excited to see who and what they bring back, if anybody, and, yes, also to see what liberties they take with the next flick, even if you soil your Depends over it.

I have met you you don't have to lie to be cool man. You drool now go clean it up. end of story.

I don't wear depends I **** on your inaccrute info;)

So, given that I proposed my reasons for liking the movie, and even discussed various directions they may be going in with the next movie, if there is one, and did so using logic AND information from both the comics and movies, do you still think that I, quote, "have no mind?"
I never said you could't like the movie. You like the movie because you son't care if a writers idea's get raped. You and other people that yes have no mind get off somehow on toliet humor and cgi alone. You can't think outside the box so you need simple ****ty eye pleasing movies made for you like x3. Hollywood dumbs movies down for people like you. So yes you have no mind.

...'cause I'd hate to hear you admit to just having gotten b*tchslapped by a r*tard.

I didn't admit anything, but you did just call yourself a retard:O

Also, unless you started collecting before X-Men 6, don't talk to me. That's my oldest issue. (First appearance of Juggernaut, btw... You get ****ed about him too? "They didn't mention that he's Charles' brother... Waaaaa.") I started getting really serious in the early 100's. I collected all the way up through the mid 250's, also picking up EVERY X-Factor, and most of the New Mutants (even those I didn't much care of those...) as well as catching up on X-Men backstories through the X-Men Classic's re-releases of the storylines starting with the Krakaoa storyline that brought in the second wave of X-Men, containing Colossus, Storm, Banshee, Thunderbird, Nightcrawler, and Sunfire...

I have read and own in some shape every x-men book from X-men #1 thru today. I owe and have read every x mini series I can get my hands on. I don't think my penis is going to get any longer by telling you this, but its true I started reading them around 1991 and have not stoped since. In acctual comic from I own uncanny #94 to current ( I will one day have the whole run)
wolverine #1 to current including the four issue mini series and hulk #181 the first apperance of wolverine. I could go on and on. Lets just put it this way I have 32 250 count boxs in my place and more at my grandfathers house every one full of comics. Its a problem.

In closing... if you wanna get ****ed about something, get ****ed about the fact that Rebecca Romijn has been approached about a Mystique film... that Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart have been approached about a Magneto film... get ****ed about stuff like THAT. A Wolverine film is a good idea. No other character really has what we, as a fan base, want out of a feature film. We gonna get a Halle Berry Storm movie where she, like Storm's character (not that I'm supposed to know this or anything) runs around naked all the time? We gonna get a Rogue movie were she finally gets her permanent powers? I hope not...

...although I DO hope that you learned something here today. Just because you collect comics and didn't like X3 doesn't mean that someone that liked it is less of a collector, or a fan, than you are. Also, just because you have more posts than someone doesn't mean that you've got more pull. I've been around here over a year longer than you. Don't confuse my having a life with being short on information.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a pillow to go and drool on. I'll try not to imagine CGI boobies while I'm sleeping...

the_ouskull
You are less of a fan. and I never said anything about have more pull.
I need to go puke then I will be back

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 04:31 PM
Good to see you haven't lost any of your eloquence in defending your opinions though... Sounds to me like CyclopsFan69 is just having some teen angst in dealing with his woodenesque character being (allegedly) killed. I won't go into why they did it anymore though... I've already covered that. Just know that they didn't make this movie with just you in mind there, RubyQuartz23.

the_ouskull

I don't post on any other boards besides here and a football gaming board. Also I
have always dilsiked cyclops because I loved wolverine and they never got along. Thats what makes x-men so great. not the fighting sceens. Its the relationship that each character has with another. Its the things they deal with in a fiction way like Racism, Anti-Semitism,AIDS, Diversty, and religon.

Also do you have to write your name at the bottom of every post to remeber who you are?

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 04:34 PM
I have read and own in some shape every x-men book from X-men #1 thru today. I owe and have read every x mini series I can get my hands on. I don't think my penis is going to get any longer by telling you this, but its true I started reading them around 1991 and have not stoped since. In acctual comic from I own uncanny #94 to current ( I will one day have the whole run)
wolverine #1 to current including the four issue mini series and hulk #181 the first apperance of wolverine. I could go on and on. Lets just put it this way I have 32 250 count boxs in my place and more at my grandfathers house every one full of comics. Its a problem.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/l/cbg.jpg

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 04:34 PM
I, too, am (or at least, admittedly, WAS) crazy about comics as well, and I don't feel like they were tainted nearly as much by this movie as they have been by natural evolution of plot lines, etc...

As one gets older, few new, or different, things in life will seem as cool; as important; even as relevant, as the "old things." I miss the "old" X-Men, but that doesn't make me hate what they've done to freshen it up for a "new" crowd. If anything, I think that the note on which this movie ended will be sufficent reason for a number of people, young and old, to go back into the vault, so to speak, and learn about the X-Men the way people like you and I know them... ("The Thing... Is his dork made of orange rock too?") And, in my honest opinion, if a few liberties within the movie, which they HAVE to make to the broadest possible appeal... help get people back into their old comics, or, even better, get newer readers to go back and read the old stuff... then to me, it's worth it. I've got what the old comics were in my heart. That's why I can allow myself to just sit back and be enterained.

Sorry I went off as well. I don't take personal attacks well, I guess. Lol. It's cool though.

the_ouskull

The movie was not entertaing at all to me. There were some things I liked but had tons of probnlmes that I could go on days about.

Man I am so ****ing sick I think I am done for a little while

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah about like that. But I am way better looking than that guy:P

Norm In Norman
5/29/2006, 04:45 PM

Well, the Bombadil part was one of the coolest parts of the book, but i can see why they cut it. It would have been 10-15 minutes in the movie that had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie. At least they put the tree part in there.

Norm In Norman
5/29/2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I like seeing them too but in 2 hours there isn't enough time to like them. A lot of them were just there and I wanted some story line.

Norm In Norman
5/29/2006, 04:56 PM
He is his stepbrother not brother-in-law.
Oops.. That was what I meant.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 05:01 PM
man I hue\rt

Norm In Norman
5/29/2006, 05:02 PM
You know, the more I think of it the more I don't mind them killing people off. I guess that is more of an homage to the big time X-Men fans. Looking at wikipedia, the real Jean Grey could be in a cocoon at the bottom of the lake OR maybe we really DID see her with Cyclops and they are somewhere else now. Also, the last bit after the credits was only a few seconds long. Can someone describe exactly what happened? All I saw was a nurse and then the guy in the bed started saying something then the film ended. I dunno if I missed someone or not and didn't notice the guy was someone else and had no way of knowing he was Professor X.

Scott D
5/29/2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah about like that. But I am way better looking than that guy:P

would that make you Steve-Dave or Fanboy? :D

jrsooner
5/29/2006, 05:10 PM
Also, the last bit after the credits was only a few seconds long. Can someone describe exactly what happened? All I saw was a nurse and then the guy in the bed started saying something then the film ended. I dunno if I missed someone or not and didn't notice the guy was someone else and had no way of knowing he was Professor X.If you watched the start of the movie, when Prof X was teaching. Moira was on the screen stating that there was a person at her facility that had life signs by no soul/psychic/etc. Prof X proposed to the class that ethics of "body" transfers. Any "good/skilled" psyche could do it, but is it ethical to take another's body even if they are just a body.

At the very end in the clip. Moira goes in to check on the inanimate body. It moves and says in Prof. X's voice "Good morning, Moira".

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 05:11 PM
You know, the more I think of it the more I don't mind them killing people off. I guess that is more of an homage to the big time X-Men fans. Looking at wikipedia, the real Jean Grey could be in a cocoon at the bottom of the lake OR maybe we really DID see her with Cyclops and they are somewhere else now. Also, the last bit after the credits was only a few seconds long. Can someone describe exactly what happened? All I saw was a nurse and then the guy in the bed started saying something then the film ended. I dunno if I missed someone or not and didn't notice the guy was someone else and had no way of knowing he was Professor X.
Go ahead and give in Norm. The weak ones always do:D

jrsooner
5/29/2006, 05:13 PM
There are 3 clear ages in the X-men comic line.
1st age X- men # 1 came out in 1963 written of course by lee and drawn by Kirby.
2nd age Giant size X-men #1 , and Uncanny X-men #94 is where the X-men as we know them today were born.
3rd Age In 1991 marvel decided once again to shake things up Releasing X-men #1. There were 2 teams with a tons of members but all of the classics were there. You missed the "4th age" the less than brilliant stories that they are putting out in the 2000s. :)

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 05:15 PM
You missed the "4th age" the less than brilliant stories that they are putting out in the 2000s. :)
No there has not been a new age. And you are out of our mind if you think it has been bad since 2000. Grant morrisons run on the x-men was some of the best **** I have ever read. Also Bryan Singers X-men book is Amazing.

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 05:16 PM
I thought the movie kicked ***. Then again, I haven't read X-Men in about 14 years...

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 05:46 PM
I thought the movie kicked ***. Then again, I haven't read X-Men in about 14 years...
:O for you

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 05:50 PM
I enjoyed the movie and might even go see it again. Sorry it didn't work for you dolemite.

Octavian
5/29/2006, 05:59 PM
Cyclops is not a character you just kill for no ****ing reason it added no sustance to the movie. You can make Jean grey a bad *** without that. Ok so if he dosn't sign form another you bring in ****ing someone else it happens all the time.

yep...he's only the leader of the team.

They all died. they made it appear like they all died. I don't give 2 ****s about what hokie ways they use to bring them back. They died.

and yep.

and thats why I was so dissapointed w/ X3. I was hoping to see an X-Men movie series that spanned 5+ movies w/ all the great characters and this one seemed to cut itself off at the knees.

There's no Genesis Planet to bring Spock back to life here....if they bring back Summers and Jean I'm sure it will be pretty cheesy.

edit: "cheesy" = Xavier's "mind/voice" in someone else's body.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:06 PM
yep...he's only the leader of the team.

Exactly

jrsooner
5/29/2006, 06:12 PM
No there has not been a new age. And you are out of our mind if you think it has been bad since 2000. Grant morrisons run on the x-men was some of the best **** I have ever read. Also Bryan Singers X-men book is Amazing.I'd say the 4th age is when Marvel started doing all the "X" Crossovers about 2-3 years back. Starting with the "Avengers Disassemble" (blech!) to the "House of M" to the de-mutifying of mutants after the "House of M". This whole crossover/shakeup/etc was the 4th age.

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:12 PM
:O for you

Elitist *********. I was entertained. Famke Janssen is ****ing hot. Magneto kicks ***. Leave me alone. If I want to like it then I will.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:13 PM
I'd say the 4th age is when Marvel started doing all the "X" Crossovers about 2-3 years back. Starting with the "Avengers Disassemble" (blech!) to the "House of M" to the de-mutifying of mutants after the "House of M". This whole crossover/shakeup/etc was the 4th age.
That **** started in 1991 when x-men 1 came out with jim lee. Its been going on since I was a kid... The whole crossover thing has been going on for awhile.....Know what your talking about before you speak

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:13 PM
Elitist *********. I was entertained. Famke Janssen is ****ing hot. Magneto kicks ***. Leave me alone. If I want to like it then I will.
thats fine i CAN STILL BE :O FOR YOU

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:20 PM
thats fine i CAN STILL BE :O FOR YOU

I'm :O for you because you're an elitist comic book nerd.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:22 PM
I'm :O for you because you're an elitist comic book nerd.
I'm :O for you because your a elitist bad music liking nerd

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:23 PM
I'm :O for you because your a elitist bad music liking nerd

I'm :O for you because you're an elitist comic book nerd gangster wannabe.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:27 PM
I'm :O for you because you're an elitist comic book nerd gangster wannabe.
I don;t want to be a gansta...I want to be black...**** get it right

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:28 PM
I am also:O for you because I heard about the size

I am there with the tho:D

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:29 PM
I am also:O for you because I heard about the size

I am there with the tho:D

Size of what?

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:39 PM
LOL...OHH YOU KNOW

silverwheels
5/29/2006, 06:41 PM
LOL...OHH YOU KNOW

Well, no one here has seen it so no one can comment.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 06:47 PM
Well, no one here has seen it so no one can comment.
Ohh is that right. X-men 3 is so bad ...I might shot myself buy the end of the night

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 07:02 PM
If I ever meet Ranter I swear to god I will be in a ****ing fedaral PRISON. After I beat the **** out of him I am going to ****ing open his mouth and **** in it until he drowns.

Mixer!
5/29/2006, 07:10 PM
Easy, doleo - you don't want to be sharing a cell next to Moussaoui.

birddog
5/29/2006, 07:42 PM
i went to high school with james marsden. we called him "jimmy" back then.

tulsaoilerfan
5/29/2006, 08:09 PM
Anyone else catch Stan Lee at the beginning of the movie? Thought i would just change the subject if that's possible.

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 08:12 PM
no we are all idiots and we cant see :rolleyes:

Sooner24
5/29/2006, 08:23 PM
Anyone else catch Stan Lee at the beginning of the movie? Thought i would just change the subject if that's possible.

Yeah, he was watering his yard. Ignore dolemitesooner I think the Beast ****ed in his cornflakes. :D

dolemitesooner
5/29/2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, he was watering his yard. Ignore dolemitesooner I think the Beast ****ed in his cornflakes. :D
No jeff ranter did. :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
5/30/2006, 09:47 AM
no we are all idiots and we cant see :rolleyes:
Judging by some of the responses to this thread, i believe that.

the_ouskull
5/30/2006, 09:51 AM
A few quick notes...

1) This is the freaking Phoenix, not Peter McNeely. If she was to wrap Scott in a cocoon (of horror?) and send him to the reaches of space, she has the power. It is not only possible, but even probable that she would do something like that rather than kill him, just like at the end of the movie when she didn't (directly) attack Logan as he approached her. Passion is what the Phoenix entity fed off of, and Scott and Logan were her main sources of passion left over from when she was Jean Grey. By insinuating that Scott had been killed, by the Phoenix, no less, it shows / showed a legion of new fans how serious her character, and the threat that she represented, truly was. I'm not saying that Scott was a bit player in the comics. Scott was, in fact, to the best of my knowledge, the longest-running member of the X-Men. In the MOVIE, however, he really wasn't much more than a foil for Wolverine's affections for Jean. You can choose to disagree, and that's fine. But the fact is of all of the main characters, in the three movies, his character was the least developed. We met freaking Iceman's family for God's sake; we saw Regue cry, but we never saw Scott do or say anything that wasn't Jean-related, really.

2) Why do you assume that nobody knows as much about comics, particularly the X-Men, as you do? This isn't Comic World, where, if you flex your bicep, an issue of X-Men 146 is gonna pop out. This is the real world. People from every different walk of life can have the same interests. Comics used to be my main interest. I've gotten away from collecting them anymore, but the passion for the old comics, etc... still remains. So does the knowledge. I know comic books... the X-Men in particular. Why is it so easy for you to assume that I don't?

3) If you had more of an argument, you wouldn't have to argue based solely on emotion. (ie - every line containing one of these ****) Ya know? I'd love to sit and talk comics with you some time, but if you're as bad about condescending to people in real life as you are attempting to be on the boards, then I'd be a bit worried, honestly.

4) In regards to a few things you said:

-- "I never gave out inaccurate information." ...says the guy that told me I was never a comic book fan.

-- "...because apparently you think you know more about comics than me." ...never said that. I just said that I know comics. The X-Men in particular. I HAVE been reading them longer, although since I quit many years ago, you have surely caught me. Congrats. Knowing more about comics than me and $100 will help you get *ss someday.

-- "The original X-Men were in the movie." ...yes, but not AS the original X-Men. Angel wasn't a member of the group at all. He just appeared, flew, saved his dad, and there you go. Also, it's weird watching his character try to cut off his wings. Reminded me of Dogma. (Wait, sh*t... You're not a big Kevin Smith fan are you? Am I allowed to like his movies around you...?)

-- In fact they were neither teens nor American! Young mutants from Germany, Africa, Russia, Ireland, Canada and the Native American West would all be represented. They team was made of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Collosus, Banshee, Cyclops, and James Proudstar. ...you forgot Sunfire.

-- Also, I'm not quoting this one, but your whole love affair with Jim Lee nonwithstanding, he IS the one that ran Chris Claremont from the comic.

-- Finally, and this one is more personal... Did you ever consider spell-checking your posts before you hit 'Reply?' Seriously... it's hard enough to read what you're typing solely on emotion without having to freaking translate it as well. For somebody who acts so high and mighty, it's amazing how a few moments of plain laziness can make you look so foolish.

Anyway, that's what I've got. I'm off to work now, making the cocktails of a well-adjusted society. Enjoy your vomit.

the_ouskull, signed just for you... and I've been doing it almost as long as you've been reading X-Men, noob.

TexasLidig8r
5/30/2006, 10:16 AM
Am I the only one that had a hard time putting Frasier Crane's voice in the body of the Beast?

I expected him to say something like, "I'd like to get involved in this skirmish, but, my God, the chardonnay is not quite chilled enough and my manicure appointment is in an hour."

Finally... people.. people.. people.. It's a friggin' movie... it's intellectual jello... Although it is pretty funny to see some of y'all wanting to go knuckles with others based on your views.

Carry on.

SoonerWood
5/30/2006, 10:22 AM
Comic Book discussions go hand in hand with political and religious discussions. heh

Hatfield
5/30/2006, 10:23 AM
i have over 20,000 comic books and i didn't like the movie. (shameless plug for revealing that yes i am a complete dork in all facets of my life)

one of the basic tenants of the x-men is that they aren't accepted in society in general...regardless of how much good they do they are hated and feared yet they fight on anyway....

so at the beginning when the world is all lovey dovey with the mutants i knew i was in for a grade a suckfest....so it didn't suprise me when the film was chalk full of humorless (some unintentional) dialogue, loose focus, and a complete reinvention of main characters.. meh.

mrowl
5/30/2006, 10:25 AM

yermom
5/30/2006, 10:27 AM
Comic Book discussions go hand in hand with political and religious discussions. heh

this is more true than anyone that hasn't witnessed them can imagine

the only thing worse are the Battletech or Warhammer arguments

SoonerWood
5/30/2006, 10:30 AM
this is more true than anyone that hasn't witnessed them can imagine

the only thing worse are the Battletech or Warhammer arguments

And .45 vs 9mm arguments...and M-14 vs AR-15 discussions. Everyone knows the .45 is better and M-14s are light years better than AR-15s.... :D

Octavian
5/30/2006, 10:40 AM
I attempted a Star Wars vs. Star Trek thread that never really got off the ground...

It had the potential to make all other trivial argument threads appear crucial to world survival.

the_ouskull
5/30/2006, 04:06 PM
Am I the only one that had a hard time putting Frasier Crane's voice in the body of the Beast?

Not at all. I actually LOVED it. But what do I know? I'm not a comic fan. :rolleyes: Lol. But I mainly loved it because you're a Tejas fan and you didn't like it.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
5/30/2006, 04:07 PM
I attempted a Star Wars vs. Star Trek thread that never really got off the ground...

It had the potential to make all other trivial argument threads appear crucial to world survival.

Yeah, I can see that now:

Mr. Hatfield, I'd like you to meet your new neighbor, Mr. McCoy.

the_ouskull

dolemitesooner
5/30/2006, 04:08 PM
hey skull...I am going to go play some golf...when I get back its fisticuffs beoncye :)

TexasLidig8r
5/30/2006, 04:18 PM
Not at all. I actually LOVED it. But what do I know? I'm not a comic fan. :rolleyes: Lol. But I mainly loved it because you're a Tejas fan and you didn't like it.

the_ouskull

Actually.. it wasn't all that bad.. and certainly not as bad as Niles Crane playing.. This...

http://www.movie-top.com/wall/hellboy/hell_boy.jpg

Mixer!
5/30/2006, 04:33 PM

WORST THREAD EVER! :D

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 04:14 PM
So after listening to the director commentary, I'm not as disappointed as I was. Basically, almost everything that happened was pulled out of a comic. A lot of the things they did in the movie were fan requests that didn't get fullfilled in the other movies (danger room and sentinals to name a few).

If you have kids, screen the deleted scenes before you show it to your kids. There is an F-bomb stuck in there.

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 04:16 PM
double post

skycat
10/12/2006, 04:53 PM
I liked X3 a whole lot more than Singer's Superman movie.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 07:50 AM
I liked X3 a whole lot more than Singer's Superman movie.
Thats becuse you drool on yourself

dolemitesooner
10/13/2006, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Norm In Norman] A lot of the things they did in the movie were fan requests that didn't get fullfilled in the other movies (danger room and sentinals to name a few).

QUOTE]

Yeah that and the Fastball special.....which took up oh maybe 5 minutes in the movie max.

Thats alot of things they did....keep listneing to the dip****s keep on