PDA

View Full Version : Myles Brand

Soonerwolf
5/26/2006, 06:35 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the head or chair (whatever the title) of the NCAA Myles Brand - President or Dean or whatever in Indiana? Surprise surprise that the new IU coach has been slapped with phantom sanctions.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hurricane'bone
5/26/2006, 07:53 PM
Former President.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/13/2006, 07:25 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the head or chair (whatever the title) of the NCAA Myles Brand - President or Dean or whatever in Indiana? Surprise surprise that the new IU coach has been slapped with phantom sanctions.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's not like he gave recruits cars (see Ohio State) or cash in a paper bag (see Kentucky). We're talking about phone calls, man . . . phone calls (in my best AI).

Soonerwolf
6/15/2006, 08:04 AM
It's not like he gave recruits cars (see Ohio State) or cash in a paper bag (see Kentucky). We're talking about phone calls, man . . . phone calls (in my best AI).

True enough - but the NCAA thought it was bad enough to investigate and sanction; and over 500 inproper calls is a bit over the top.

Good luck with KS up in hooiserland - you will be happy to not win the Big 10 on a regular basis, feast on JUCO players, exit the NCAA tourney within the first 2 rounds regularly to powers like Manhattan, and then listen to KS state what a good year you had and how the future looks bright !!!! Great catch !!!

fwsooner22
6/15/2006, 10:13 AM
The important thing to remember here is KS was the rules committee chairman. He also acts as if he is "above it all". He still has not thrown himself on the sword and he never will. He was after all "just outworking" everyone else.

I think KS is a great coach that has a certain "fraud" to him.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/16/2006, 06:49 PM
True enough - but the NCAA thought it was bad enough to investigate and sanction; and over 500 inproper calls is a bit over the top.

Good luck with KS up in hooiserland - you will be happy to not win the Big 10 on a regular basis, feast on JUCO players, exit the NCAA tourney within the first 2 rounds regularly to powers like Manhattan, and then listen to KS state what a good year you had and how the future looks bright !!!! Great catch !!!

None of that will happen . . . regularly, because if it happens for one or two years, he'll be out the door.

Soonerwolf
6/17/2006, 07:06 PM
None of that will happen . . . regularly, because if it happens for one or two years, he'll be out the door.

Yes, just like Mike Davis (5 yrs?). Lie in the bed you made hoosier !!!!