PDA

View Full Version : Ebay is soooo cool!

Joe
10/8/2003, 01:11 AM
I've bought junk on ebay for a few years now and, until recently, never sold anything. My wife wanted me to sell some old HAM-handheld CB radios she found around shop-meets, yard sales, etc. We're getting 4-5 times the price that she paid for them! If only I would have started doing this a few months ago I might of raked in enough money to go to the RRS this Saturday.

GrapevineSooner
10/8/2003, 02:10 AM
You'd be surprised what people will pay for crap on eBay.

Reminds me. I need to put my old mobo and CPU on there tomorrow.

RedstickSooner
10/8/2003, 12:00 PM
eBay is awesome.

There was a time when it was seriously starting to suck -- when it was flooded by commercial sellers that'd stick their products anywhere they felt like, and it was nearly impossible to wade through 'em to find stuff. But eBay finally put in some decent search tools, and now it's a great place to shop once more. I'd imagine that's also paying off for sellers. Any time it's easier for a customer to buy something, it's a good thing for a seller.

OUthunder
10/8/2003, 12:09 PM
business has been BOOMING!!!

Boarder
10/8/2003, 12:22 PM
You can seriously sell anything on eBay.

One time, Mrs SB and I cleaned out the closets to get rid of some old clothes. I was left with about 200 extra hangers. Some metal, some palstic. So, you guessed it, I put them on eBay as "200 misc. Hangers". I sold them for $5. The shipping was $8. I just did it as a goof to see if they would sell.

eBay is really amazing. Coming up with that was sheer genius.

SOONER44EVER
10/8/2003, 12:52 PM
I bought an Alcoholic's Anonymous book at a garage sale for .50 cents. Sold it on ebay for $315.00. My best transaction so far!!

OUthunder
10/8/2003, 12:55 PM
I bought an Alcoholic's Anonymous book at a garage sale for .50 cents. Sold it on ebay for $315.00. My best transaction so far!!

heh! Heh!!!

Joe
10/9/2003, 01:29 AM
I can't wait to see what kind of prices I get for all my junk next summer. That's when we're moving to Norman; and, most likely, from a 1600 Sq. ft. house to a 1000 or so Sq. ft. apartment. I have so much junk I'm going to put on ebay. If it doesn't sell there's always the option of a garage sale.

OUthunder
10/9/2003, 08:41 AM
Who else uses TurboLister? I have a love/hate relationship with it!!! I probably just need some more practice!!!

Also, is it possible to block a bidder thats bid on a current auction? If so, how is it done?

Seller central, I presume?

Boarder
10/9/2003, 12:05 PM
Turbo lister is awesome and annoying. I hate having to download 15 gigabyte updates on my dial up once a week, but other than that, it works great.

Here's where you block bidders: http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

You probably will have to cancel their bid, first:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

OUthunder
10/9/2003, 12:43 PM
AHHH!!! Cable modem ... :)

Penguin
10/9/2003, 02:37 PM
I sold my fingernail clippings on ebay!

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 02:02 PM
I hear that you can buy a fart from Britney Spears on Ebay.