PDA

View Full Version : Tuba Overreact Much?

Scott D
5/26/2006, 12:45 PM
America' remains in class

The Michigan Department of Education is not taking the word "America" or "American" out of the classrooms of Michigan ("Keep 'America' in Michigan schools," May 24, by Michael Warren). No such edict has gone out, or will go out, to school teachers across Michigan.

We are not seeking to do away with the terms "America" or "American" from classroom instruction. It's not going to happen. I consider myself an American. We live in the United States of America. We are citizens of the United States of America. But the vernacular is that we're Americans.

This is very important to me, if not personal. I am an avid student of the life and works of Thomas Jefferson. He was a great American and he helped set the tone and path for all Americans who followed him. The precepts Jefferson set forth set the course for this great nation. That is why we are what we are today.

The conversations and internal communications between diverse members of an independent association of social studies supervisors have been misconstrued as Department of Education policy. I would never approve the removal of "America" or "American" from use in our classrooms. Not on my watch.

Mike Flanagan

Superintendent of Public Instruction

Lansing

wanna try again?

Pricetag
5/26/2006, 12:50 PM
I'd have titled it "Michael Warren Overreact Much?" myself.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 12:52 PM
Oh I should probably add that 'my' quote is from an editorial yesterday, whereas Tuba's was from an editorial the day before.

bri
5/26/2006, 12:53 PM
SEE?!? OUR OUTRAGE WORKED!!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/26/2006, 12:54 PM
SEE?!? OUR OUTRAGE WORKED!!!!

HATING AMERICA IS YOUR BITCH LOVER!!!

Penguin
5/26/2006, 01:09 PM
REMOVE AMERICA FROM ALL TEXT BOOKS!

I WILL NOW BE CALLED A UNITED STATE-IAN!!!!

OUDoc
5/26/2006, 01:14 PM
Norte Americano.

mdklatt
5/26/2006, 01:15 PM
Yes.

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 01:24 PM
What a surprise.

I figured Tuba's overreaction -- by which I mean baseless, instant, flaming indignation -- was simply a given on the SO.

Widescreen
5/26/2006, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure that he overreacted in this case. The original source looked pretty legit.

mdklatt
5/26/2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure that he overreacted in this case.

I agree, but there's still that other 99% of the time....

Scott D
5/26/2006, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure that he overreacted in this case. The original source looked pretty legit.

Refuting Indignation (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060525/OPINION01/605250376/1008)

There..here's my source....ironically it's the same paper :)

IBTT
5/26/2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry, I was at lunch.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/26/2006, 01:57 PM
Well now it is the liberal news media's fault for reporting without all of the facts ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/26/2006, 01:57 PM
You can always find a way to blame dims ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/26/2006, 01:58 PM
Well now it is the liberal news media's fault for reporting without all of the facts ;)

heh.

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe his sources tend to overreact ? Some people are always looking for a chance to get pistoff and rant, or to give someone else a reason to.

BTW, I NEVER overreact or rant!
:O:O

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 02:01 PM
BTW, I NEVER overreact or rant!
:O:O

Cross-dressers, New Orleans, yadda yadda

:D

colleyvillesooner
5/26/2006, 02:06 PM
Maybe his sources tend to overreact ? Some people are always looking for a chance to get pistoff and rant, or to give someone else a reason to.

I bet the first thing he thought of when he read that article was not "This ****es me off" but "I'm gonna post this on the Oval!" :D

TheHumanAlphabet
5/26/2006, 03:35 PM
What's this about???

Scott D
5/26/2006, 03:46 PM
What's this about???

This (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70132) thread started yesterday.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/26/2006, 03:52 PM
Wow!!! I need some duct tape for my head because its going to explode!

Penguin
5/26/2006, 03:59 PM
Wow!!! I need some duct tape for my head because its going to explode!

Be sure to tape up your nostrils and your mouth real good. This will help to contain the explosion.

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 04:01 PM
I'd have titled it "Michael Warren Overreact Much?" myself.
Uhh, yeah. Good call; I just figured it out. Warren wrote the overreacting op-ed piece that started the hysteria.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 04:10 PM
Uhh, yeah. Good call; I just figured it out. Warren wrote the overreacting op-ed piece that started the hysteria.

true...damned activist judges ;)

Jerk
5/26/2006, 04:26 PM
I still don't see what the big deal is. Tuba posted an interesting link and made a few short remarks, like "WTF is wrong with these people?"

And now a whole mutherf*ckin' thread about how Tuba has over-reacted? Come on,. now! You want over-reaction? Post on here that there's nothing wrong with "In God We Trust" on a mutherf*ckin' penny and you will see a mutherf*ckin' over-reaction: "Ohhhhhhhh, no0000000!, it's those d#mned CHRISTIANS trying to force me into their religion!!"

If you take in God we trust off the muther****in' penny, you WILL burn Hell.

B!tch.

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 04:28 PM
Finally, the voice of reason.

:D

Scott D
I still don't see what the big deal is. Tuba posted an interesting link and made a few short remarks, like "WTF is wrong with these people?"

And now a whole mutherf*ckin' thread about how Tuba has over-reacted? Come on,. now! You want over-reaction? Post on here that there's nothing wrong with "In God We Trust" on a mutherf*ckin' penny and you will see a mutherf*ckin' over-reaction: "Ohhhhhhhh, no0000000!, it's those d#mned CHRISTIANS trying to force me into their religion!!"

B!tch.

Oh, you didn't hear that they are changing the Nickle to say 'In Jesus We Trust' with a picture of a Mexican crossing the border. ;)

JohnnyMack

B!tch.

I haven't had a sig in a long time, but this might just be worthy.

Jerk
5/26/2006, 04:32 PM
Just think, boys....haven't even cracked open the bottle yet.

It's going to be a long night!

(If my wife don't put out tonight I'm going to go get a hooker at the Shell gas station)

Penguin
5/26/2006, 04:33 PM
Wow. I heard that defacing US currency was a crime, but I didn't realize the penalty was burning in hell for all eternity.

I didn't know that God was concerned about American pennies. This is why I log onto the SO.

Jerk
5/26/2006, 04:35 PM
Wow. I heard that defacing US currency was a crime, but I didn't realize the penalty was burning in hell for all eternity.

I didn't know that God was concerned about American pennies. This is why I log onto the SO.

Stick around. After I cool off, I will share more knowledge with you. Afterall, it's hotter than two mice f*cking in a wool sock out there.

Jerk
5/26/2006, 04:36 PM
Oh, you didn't hear that they are changing the Nickle to say 'In Jesus We Trust' with a picture of a Mexican crossing the border. ;)

The messicans don't want 'In Jesus We Trust"

They want "In John McCain We Trust"

Scott D
5/26/2006, 04:38 PM
The messicans don't want 'In Jesus We Trust"

They want "In John McCain We Trust"

Nah they chose Jesus over Jefe :D (the u should have one of the ' symbols over it, but I'm too lazy to find where in ascii that is.)

Howzit
5/26/2006, 07:20 PM
I would like to officially go on record as saying that I personally will NOT be taking In God We Trust off of the muther****in' penny.

Harry Beanbag
5/26/2006, 07:27 PM
I WANT THE MOTHER****ING "IN GOD WE TRUST" QUOTES OFF THESE MOTHER****ING PENNIES!!!1!1!!

Octavian
5/26/2006, 07:30 PM
I didn't know that God was concerned about American pennies.

He isn't. God pitties those who dont have platinum plastic like him.

Heaven is duty-free ya know....

Jerk
5/26/2006, 07:51 PM
I want deez mutherfuXXin' pennies out of diz mutherfuXXin' pig bank. If yall don't get deez mutherfuxxin pennies out of diz mutherfuXXing pig bank, I'm going to blow somebodie's mutherfuXXin' head off!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/26/2006, 08:22 PM
If me and Stephen Colbert get our way, we will be doing away with the penny, dime, and nickle....

Jerk
5/26/2006, 08:24 PM
If me and Stephen Colbert get our way, we will be doing away with the penny, dime, and nickle....

Then what standard will the Peso be measured against?

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/26/2006, 08:52 PM
After we destroy their country..we won't have to ;)