PDA

View Full Version : Some of you might be familiar...

Melo
5/26/2006, 11:41 AM
with my tendancy to lose things. Last school year I was losing my apartment keys almost on a weekly basis, and had to come to the SO for support.

Well now I've lost my remote to the tv. I have absolutely NO clue where it has gone. And its not like I can just get up and switch the channel. Ive been wanting to play some video games, and the only way to switch back and forth is the button on the remote. :mad:

And I lost my camera charger. How does someone LOSE a camera charger? :confused:

/rant

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 11:54 AM
Have you checked under each bewb?

Flagstaffsooner
5/26/2006, 11:58 AM
Have you checked in your pile of soiled panties?

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:01 PM
Have you checked under each bewb?

They arent big enough to hide much :O

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:01 PM
Have you checked in your pile of soiled panties?

I am PRETTY sure its not there. Uh, thanks for the suggestion, though. :rolleyes:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/26/2006, 12:09 PM
did you carry it into another room? that's the easiest way to lose it forevar...

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/26/2006, 12:10 PM
Lay it down in the bathroom?

Out by the washing machine, maybe?

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:11 PM
did you carry it into another room? that's the easiest way to lose it forevar...

It is quite possible. I'll have to venture into the rest of the house to find it. Could take forever. If I am not back here posting by tomorrow afternoon, someone send the police. TIA.

mdklatt
5/26/2006, 12:12 PM
The have those remote control beeper doodads. The beeper goes on the object you want to keep track of, and then you hit a button on the remote to make it beep so you can track it down. But what keeps you from losing the beeper remote? :confused:

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 12:13 PM
Did you look under the cushions?

How about under that flap on the back of your push mower....is it under there?

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:13 PM
The have those remote control beeper doodads. The beeper goes on the object you want to keep track of, and then you hit a button on the remote to make it beep so you can track it down. But what keeps you from losing the beeper remote? :confused:

Thats a good question. If I were to buy that, I would only lose both things, and then clame you for it. :P

White House Boy
5/26/2006, 12:15 PM
They arent big enough to hide much :O

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/badf350/ManboobsOfTheYear.jpg

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Pricetag
5/26/2006, 12:15 PM
Yep. The prime culprit is when you're in the middle of channel surfing and the phone rings. You unwittingly carry the remote with you to the phone, and then during the course of the conversation, forget about it.

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:17 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/badf350/ManboobsOfTheYear.jpg

Riiiiiiiiiight.

EW! MY EYES! :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
5/26/2006, 12:17 PM
Did you look under the cushions?

She already said it wasn't under her bewbs.:D

toast
5/26/2006, 12:26 PM
Have a kid, then you won't need the remote. At least that's what we were used for as kids.

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:27 PM
Have a kid, then you won't need the remote. At least that's what we were used for as kids.
Yea. That will solve my problem. I only have to wait 5-10 years. :mad:

toast
5/26/2006, 12:29 PM
Yea. That will solve my problem. I only have to wait 5-10 years. :mad:

You do realize that pregnancies only last 9 months, and then you can train a kid in about two years. So you're really only looking at a 3 year maximum.

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:31 PM
You do realize that pregnancies only last 9 months, and then you can train a kid in about two years. So you're really only looking at a 3 year maximum.

Yea, but who wants a kid at the age of 18/19? Not I.

And besides that, I dont want to get married until I have more school under my belt.

Ike
5/26/2006, 12:33 PM
Melo, chalk this one up to youth and learn something from it.

when you are constantly losing things, there are two possible solutions:
Solution the first: get more organized.

Solution the second: Tie **** down!

I found that in my days of youth, the first solution was unacceptable. Thus, I would tie down things I always lost with duct tape and some bungee cord. need to find the remote? follow the bungee cord hanging off the coffee table.

Of course, as I got older, I found that eventually I just had a house full of bungee cord, and that signaled to me that it was time to actually organize ****.

So go buy a universal remote (about 10 bucks), some bungee cord, and some duct tape.

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:34 PM
Melo, chalk this one up to youth and learn something from it.

when you are constantly losing things, there are two possible solutions:
Solution the first: get more organized.

Solution the second: Tie **** down!

I found that in my days of youth, the first solution was unacceptable. Thus, I would tie down things I always lost with duct tape and some bungee cord. need to find the remote? follow the bungee cord hanging off the coffee table.

Of course, as I got older, I found that eventually I just had a house full of bungee cord, and that signaled to me that it was time to actually organize ****.

So go buy a universal remote (about 10 bucks), some bungee cord, and some duct tape.

Youre absolutely right. And it's a great idea. I WOULD do it, but I have no money. So, I am stuck looking for it. While reorganizing EVERYTHING. <sigh>

Pricetag
5/26/2006, 12:39 PM
Ive been wanting to play some video games, and the only way to switch back and forth is the button on the remote. :mad:
Your TV doesn't have an input selector button on it? That's nuts.

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:40 PM
On a happier note, I have found a pair of shoes that I thought were lost. And one of my ps2 controllers.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/26/2006, 12:53 PM
And besides that, I dont want to get married until I have more school under my belt.

ah, the freshman 15...

Melo
5/26/2006, 12:55 PM
ah, the freshman 15...

I've already lost my freshman 15. :D

soonerbrat
5/26/2006, 12:57 PM
check the freezer. that's where i find a lot of missing stuff

Ike
5/26/2006, 12:59 PM
Youre absolutely right. And it's a great idea. I WOULD do it, but I have no money. So, I am stuck looking for it. While reorganizing EVERYTHING. <sigh>

you mean you already blew that 10 dollar tip?

mdklatt
5/26/2006, 01:01 PM
I've already lost my freshman 15.

I'll bet you $10 it's next to the remote.

Viking Kitten
5/26/2006, 01:03 PM
check the freezer. that's where i find a lot of missing stuff

Amen. That's where we are supposed to store the dismembered dead whore parts, but for some reason, whenever any come up missing, that's always the last place I look.

Beef
5/26/2006, 01:05 PM
Amen. That's where we are supposed to store the dismembered dead whore parts, but for some reason, whenever any come up missing, that's always the last place I look.
I was wondering where my dead whore went. Damn you, VK!

slickdawg
5/26/2006, 01:07 PM

Damn, I didn't know where to keep dead whore parts.

Learn something new every day.

Viking Kitten
5/26/2006, 01:08 PM
I was wondering where my dead whore went. Damn you, VK!
Don't blame me... Czar is total klepto when it comes to dead whores.

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 01:09 PM

Don't you mean nympho?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/26/2006, 01:10 PM
or necro

Viking Kitten
5/26/2006, 01:12 PM
Psycho

Stanley1
5/26/2006, 01:17 PM
Velcro?

toast
5/26/2006, 01:33 PM
it's not so much a lost remote as it's an opportunity to buy a new tv.

Melo
5/26/2006, 01:37 PM
I found my camera charger. It wasnt in my room, thats why I couldnt find it.

BeetDigger
5/26/2006, 01:44 PM
I've already lost my freshman 15. :D

Boy, I am getting old. We used to call it virginity. I am so out of touch.

Melo
5/26/2006, 01:44 PM
Boy, I am getting old. We used to call it virginity. I am so out of touch.

:mad:

BeetDigger
5/26/2006, 01:46 PM

Guaranteed, once you break him of that bad habit, he will pick up another one. Soon as he starts picking up the dead whores, he'll start crapping in the corner or something. One bad habit is always replaced with another one.

SicEmBaylor
5/26/2006, 01:58 PM
At some point I lost my common sense and have never been able to find it.