PDA

View Full Version : Any one remember that free site which lists real estate valuation and property info?

Okla-homey
5/26/2006, 09:05 AM
Somebody posted it a while back.

TIA

mrowl
5/26/2006, 09:06 AM
http://www.zillow.com/

Jimminy Crimson
5/26/2006, 09:07 AM
what mrowl said

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah...what he said.

Cam
6/3/2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.zillow.com/
Considering it values my house at $35K, I'd find a second opinion.

OUinFLA
6/3/2006, 09:43 PM
zillow.com
in case you havent got an answer yet

BajaOklahoma
6/3/2006, 10:28 PM
I like the view of my house better than the one on Goggle.
Our house was undervalued a bit..... of course, it also had the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and sq ft wrong......

OUinFLA
6/3/2006, 10:30 PM
I like the view of my house better than the one on Goggle.
Our house was undervalued a bit..... of course, it also had the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and sq ft wrong......

maybe you've been staying at the wrong house?

BajaOklahoma
6/3/2006, 10:34 PM
maybe you've been staying at the wrong house?

LOL. We added a second floor to the house about 10 years ago. The county has the correct info, this site doesn't....
Our trees look nice from the bird's eye view. You can see the roof, but in the front and back views, the trees hide the house.

critical_phil
6/3/2006, 10:58 PM
here's the site i used in my former life as an insurance man:

http://www.netronline.com/public_records.htm

basically it just links to county assessor that have online access to records. it can be hit or miss as far as data.

in cleveland co., it's pretty detailed and has a lot of different search options (you can search by owner's name, address, subdivision name etc).

OCUDad
6/3/2006, 11:05 PM
Zillow is a useful site, but it relies on old data. The data on our house, for example, is at least two remodels old. The site does have a feature that recalculates the valuation of the house based on input you provide about improvements not reflected in the data. This adjustment doesn't stay in the database (IOW, you have to re-enter it each time you visit the site), but it does serve to update the estimated value based on the input you provide. Still comes in low, though, based on selling prices of comparable houses near us.

tbl
6/3/2006, 11:39 PM
Dude.... that site just made me sick at my stomach. Literally. I just looked up my house in Fort Worth that I sold in October, and according to the graph, I sold it in the month it had the lowest value, and now it's jumped 20%. I seriously feel sick....

OCUDad
6/3/2006, 11:42 PM
Repeat after me... Buy LOW, sell HIGH... :les:

tbl
6/3/2006, 11:50 PM
No crap sherlock.... When you have to relocate for work, it's not always in your hands.

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 02:46 AM
It's got about 12k for my lot. bullcrap. lot's gonig for about 20 on cleveland county. house should be at least 220. bullldonkeylips.

zillow sux

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2006, 10:55 AM
Stupid Zillow, doesn't even know I just had granite countertops installed.

GRANITE COUNTERTOPS YOU SONSA*****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimminy Crimson
6/4/2006, 10:57 AM

GRANITE COUNTERTOPS YOU SONSA*****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amateurs! ;)

OCUDad
6/4/2006, 11:23 AM

GRANITE COUNTERTOPS YOU SONSA*****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Zillow is just another liberal media site. They're always wrong.

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2006, 11:43 AM
Zillow is just another liberal media site. They're always wrong.
Exactly. ;)