PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear on the radio this morning

OU4LIFE
5/26/2006, 08:02 AM
about some coaching association in Connecticut that has instituted a rule where if a team wins by more than 50 points the head coach will be suspended for the next game.

Welcome to the new world order of now hurting the other persons feelings, you nancy-a55 homos. It's football for sh!ts sake. Take your hurt feelings and go play soccer.

crawfish
5/26/2006, 08:04 AM
I can't wait to see the first team that comes from 42 points down to win. ;)

1stTimeCaller
5/26/2006, 08:05 AM
HEY, they don't come to your place of work and tell you how to sweep the floors, you leave them alone. ;)

I do agree with you.

Howzit
5/26/2006, 08:06 AM
They're probably renaming the huddle to the group hug.

Howzit
5/26/2006, 08:07 AM
HEY, they don't come to your place of work and tell you how to sweep the floors, you leave them alone. ;)

I do agree with you.

Yeah, 4LIFE, and they don't tell you to show a little more a55 cheek on your night yob.

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2006, 08:17 AM
The wussification of America continues.

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70110

Jimminy Crimson
5/26/2006, 08:46 AM
When I saw the headline, I assumed it meant they were instituting a run-rule in football.

Sadly, I was wrong.

Two words:

Get.
Better.

OU4LIFE
5/26/2006, 09:00 AM
and seriously, you're up by 42 as a coach, what do you tell the kids that are back-ups and trying to do anything they can to get a starting spot...um yeah guys...I need you to purposely fumble if you get a breakaway. Or I need you to stop running and lay down if they don't tackle you.

stupidest rule ever. go play tennis.

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2006, 09:03 AM
stupidest rule ever. go play with yourself.
I agree ;)

Osce0la
5/26/2006, 09:52 AM
They were talking about this in Birmingham today and one caller used you guys as an example of how stupid this rule was. They were saying that when y'all were blowing out aTm a few years ago, that if someone intercepts a pass for an easy pick 6, what is he supposed to do, just fall down instead of running it in for a touchdown so that they won't be punished the next week?

There are games (and as far as I know this is how your game went) where you put in your second and third string guys, and the other team still can;t stop them. If I'm a coach I'm not telling my third string guys - who rarely get playing time as it is - to not try because we're ahead by too much. A big lead is a time for backups to gain experience, it's not the coaches or the player's fault if the other team sucks.