PDA

View Full Version : My desire to have kids has been set back a little bit

royalfan5
5/25/2006, 04:48 PM
My cousin decided to bring a friend along to the zoo. Having to drive two 9 year old boys who can't keep from hitting each other, and them being out of the reach of my backhand was a challenge, as well as everyone elses screaming brats at the zoo. Plus all the fat women on scooters. In short, the whole experience was a great ad for celibacy.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 04:57 PM
Now you're getting smarter.:cool:

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 05:03 PM
Having your own is a lot different than having somebody else's.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2006, 05:07 PM
Tulsa's zoo doesn't have obnoxious kids or fat women.

We rule.

:cool:

tbl
5/25/2006, 05:07 PM
Ditto to TU. Don't get me wrong, your own kids can cause stress... but it's NOTHING like other peoples kids. At least with your own you can discipline them. If they're acting like idiots, it's pretty much your fault.

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 05:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, your own kids can cause stress... but it's NOTHING like other peoples kids.

Exactly. Nobody thinks their own kids are brats or they'd do something about it. Euphemisms like "inquisitive" (puts firecrackers up a cat's ***), "rambunctious" (punches strangers in the nuts), "high-spirited" (runs around screaming nonstop), "precocious" (asks bald men where their hair went), and "enthusiastic" (runs through stores knocking things off shelves) were all coined by the parents of little bastards.

IronSooner
5/25/2006, 05:28 PM
Haha, good point. We all agree that little bastards exist, but also that our kids aren't the little bastards. What gives?

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 05:31 PM
We all agree that little bastards exist, but also that our kids aren't the little bastards. What gives?

Everyone has above average driving ability, too. Go figure.

yermom
5/25/2006, 05:33 PM
at least with someone else's kids you get to send them home :D

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 05:37 PM
At least with your own you can discipline them. If they're acting like idiots, it's pretty much your fault.

Precisely! I lost my patience and tried getting tough (not physically) with a nephew who would not listen to my bro and kept goofing off. It was a big mistake - the kid just thinks I'm a jerk. And I could tell my brother was a bit insulted, even though he kindly laughed it off. I should have kept my effing mouth shut.

With my own, it's a whole 'nother story. They know there are no appeals from the judgments of me and their mom.

Sooner_Bob
5/25/2006, 05:39 PM
Precisely! I lost my patience and tried getting tough (not physically) with a nephew who would not listen to my bro and kept goofing off. It was a big mistake - the kid just thinks I'm a jerk. And I could tell my brother was a bit insulted, even though he kindly laughed it off. I should have kept my effing mouth shut.

With my own, it's a whole 'nother story. They know there are no appeals from the judgments of me and their mom.

Your brother was probably just miffed that you had the nads to say something other than "Ok son, you can have that." :D

BoogercountySooner
5/25/2006, 06:14 PM
I thought Royal had bought a mirror or something!:D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2006, 06:25 PM
Exactly. Nobody thinks their own kids are brats or they'd do something about it. Euphemisms like "inquisitive" (puts firecrackers up a cat's ***), "rambunctious" (punches strangers in the nuts), "high-spirited" (runs around screaming nonstop), "precocious" (asks bald men where their hair went), and "enthusiastic" (runs through stores knocking things off shelves) were all coined by the parents of little bastards.

and when you discipline your kids in front of parents who let their kids get away with the above list, they call DHS on you for abuse.........Had a lady tell me She was going to call the Police and DHS on me in Wal Mart when I spatted my 2 year olds hand for grabbing stuff off the shelves after telling her to stop..

I always said before I had kids that I wasnt going to have brats and I m doing my best to make sure thats true.....kids will be kids to a certain point but the 2 year old has already experienced that she will not act like some of the kids do that are around her

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2006, 06:29 PM
i threatened the newborn today just to get practice...he wasnt intimidated tho

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 06:45 PM
and when you discipline your kids in front of parents who let their kids get away with the above list, they call DHS on you for abuse.........Had a lady tell me She was going to call the Police and DHS on me in Wal Mart when I spatted my 2 year olds hand for grabbing stuff off the shelves after telling her to stop..

I always said before I had kids that I wasnt going to have brats and I m doing my best to make sure thats true.....kids will be kids to a certain point but the 2 year old has already experienced that she will not act like some of the kids do that are around her
Power to you, bro.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2006, 06:47 PM
BTW....who did you vote for?

Sooner_Bob
5/25/2006, 09:04 PM

You gotta do what you've gotta do . . . if only more parents did to. :cool:

Sooner24
5/25/2006, 09:11 PM
Here's the poster child for birth control.

http://www.boxtalent.com/images/AlEschbach.jpg

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 09:24 PM
Here's the poster child for birth control.

http://www.boxtalent.com/images/AlEschbach.jpg

His voice alone makes me go soft. :texan:

StoopTroup
5/25/2006, 09:27 PM
This thread is almost as uplifting as the suicide note thread.

Tailwind
5/25/2006, 10:11 PM
Word.